You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#524657 - 02/15/19 11:56 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] No Mac Plugin?
Islandsoul Offline

Why is there no Mac version of the BIAB plugin if it made for all DAWs that work on Mac? Seriously, NO MAC VERSION????

Edited by Islandsoul (02/15/19 11:57 AM)

#524673 - 02/15/19 01:57 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: No Mac Plugin? [Re: Islandsoul]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Have you downloaded the Biab for Mac 2019 yet ?

#524821 - 02/16/19 01:51 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: No Mac Plugin? [Re: Islandsoul]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
It's not there.
music producer/engineer

#524883 - 02/16/19 08:38 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: No Mac Plugin? [Re: Islandsoul]
Loc: South Carolina
RobH Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
BiaB 2019 for Mac has not been released yet.the plugin is included with the pc release and I imagine will be released for Mac when that 2019 version comes out later this year.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#532279 - 04/10/19 05:02 AM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: No Mac Plugin? [Re: Islandsoul]
nonchai Offline
Apprentice

when PG finally get around to releasing an OSX version of this - where there is some very bog-standard expected behaviour for how an AudioUnit plugin instrument or VST instrument or MAS instrument or drum machine is supposed to behave....
........PG - please code the plugin so it can output audio directly wi real-time into: - on choice - either a STEREO master-mix audio stream - or a MULTI-CHANNEL output for EACH backing instrument and track in BIAB.

Being able to just drag and drop individual BIAB instrument tracks into audio tracks in the DAW is a nice-to-have. but if one has to keep doing drags and drops EVERY TIME one makes any change to the chord progression - or changes style - then this drag-and-drop business
is just a workflow-hampering pain in the neck.

This is the expected behaviour of a plugin. Not the fudge KLUDGE - half-arsed attempt that the Windows version has right now.

Edited by nonchai (04/10/19 05:04 AM)

#538189 - 05/25/19 05:19 PM [Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)] Re: No Mac Plugin? [Re: nonchai]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

The latest Win version sends and plays back in sync through the BiabVst to the DAW audio/midi without the drag of having to drag every track to preview it in sync to you existing tracks.
Just to be able to preview each of the 7 MulltiRiffs in sync to you existing tracks in the DAW is great !! if you can't find one to fit in that 7 just hit generate and presto another 7.

It will give Mac users RealBand in their DAW of choice.

ReaTrak for Reaper is made to integrate Biab and BiabVst/AU into Reaper DAW,
it will get the chords from the app or the plugin and bring them into Reaper as chord regions. (thanks to Reaper's API's)
www.reatrak.com

You can ask to join the Mac beta testing, Adar the vst programmer is great at listening, responding, implementing fixes, improvements and new features.
A lot of uses who use Biab expect it to be exactly the same with all the million and one functions and complicated learning curve but I think the plugin should be as simple to use as possible. The idea is it is designed for DAW users that do not, can not or will not use Biab so you need to get the mind set out of Band in a Box auto accompaniment application as if it never existed. How many other Plugins can produce world class session musician tracks directly in your DAW ?

It is fair enough if you want the actual Biab app as your VST but then I suggest you get them to add ReWire as this would be ideal.

I really think they should of called it another name and not reference "Band in a Box", PG Session Tracks Pro VST, PG Studio Tracks Pro VST........

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the wonderful feedback we've received lately:

"I gotta admit Band-in-a-Box is great software. I have version 2018 and I use it for a ton of my videos i make on my YouTube channel."
"Wow this program has come a long way over the years! Great sounding audio tracks!"
"I absolutely love this product and use it everyday."
"If you want to write songs, then you should use Band-in-a-Box. I simply love it! It really produces a professional touch!"
"For an amateur songwriter like me this software is a dream come true and the fact that these musicians have been paid to create these tracks makes me happy to use this software without worrying about ripping people off. Just brilliant!"
"I've been a PG Music customer for over 20 years. Best value for music software product hands down. Create a full backing track in minutes and then experiment with styles and different instruments for a whole evening. The software is so good, it's the main component in TRIO band creator!"
"I bought the UltraPAK - wow what a revelation! There is so much that can be done to create a backing track of your own making! It took a while at first but now I feel like a pro in just a Month its good value for money..."
"I've been using Band-in-a-Box for decades and love it. Now using Reaper with Band-in-a-Box - Band-in-a-Box Rocks more than ever!"
"This is the greatest thing out, I've got it, just fantastic!"
"It's absolutely unique. No other music software can do what Band-in-a-Box does, and with such great results"
"Band-in-a-Box is an incredible product. Once you get up and running (and it doesn't take long at all) the musical possibilities are endless. The sound quality of the various styles and instruments is superb!"

Thank you everyone - we think our customers are AMAZING!

Do you love Band-in-a-Box too? Take a moment to check the Video Testimonials offer that is always available, and you could receive your next version FREE! For inspiration, check out the Video Testimonials that have already been submitted here!

Portuguese Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box 2019® em Português!

Novas Funções
Pacotes

Polish Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Istnieje wiele ekscytujących nowych funkcji w Band-in-a-Box 2019!

Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019: Pakiety
Band-in-a-Box® z RealBand 2019 dla Windows : Nowych Funkcji

Forum Stats
29625 Members
60 Forums
58429 Topics
491701 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
domei5, Qadray, mike123, Genie, Chon

29625 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)