You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#523442 - 02/08/19 10:42 PM [RealBand] Error with audio device
Alberto V Offline

Hi, I have just bought RealBand and I cannot listen to chords I introduce.
The pop up message says:"Could not open audio device. This can occur if another program using the same audio devide in Exclusive mode. If this persists also try rebooting the program."

I have check audio settings and are ok, I can listen audio from Realband audio settings bt when I pulse Play (to play the chords I introduced) nothings sounds and the pop up mesage appears.

I checked windows audio settings and are ok.

Please help
Best

#523452 - 02/09/19 02:19 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Hi Alberto,

It sounds like you may have either ASIO or WAS installed as your audio driver.

Try this and see if it helps...

Open "Options | Preferences" -- #1 on the below image -- and set the "Audio Driver" (#4 on image) to MME.

Regards,
Noel

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#523705 - 02/10/19 08:50 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Thanks. I tried it and an error pops up: "Undefined external error Error Code:1

It's strage I can listen to the rythm preview but when I press play on the chords page, I don't listen anything frown

#523707 - 02/10/19 08:58 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

The rhythm preview uses a different sound generator than the Band-in-a-Box program. Both sound generators send audio to the speakers and headphone jack so it seems like audio originates from the same source.

Rhythm preview uses the default Windows operating system sound generator while the program uses whatever driver set under audio settings.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 2004, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#523714 - 02/10/19 09:44 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Thanks for your comment Jim but how can I solve my problem? Best

#523723 - 02/10/19 11:16 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

We need some more information.

What do you channel your sound through? Is it a soundcard or an external system?

What are the details of your sound system?

Does Band In A Box play properly?

Also, have you updated to Build 3 with Realband? (The update is found at the following link...)

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Regards,
Noel

#523724 - 02/10/19 11:30 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Alberto,

Did you try selecting MME as your driver type as Noel suggested? MME is the most stable selection when you're using the program to playback audio and is the default Windows uses to play audio.

The program defaults to WAS but WAS doesn't always work correctly and can create audio problems. PG Music recently added WAS as an audio driver type and all possible issues are not resolved. So, for now, if WAS works as a selection in your computer it's a good choice but be aware WAS may not be the best driver type for your computer.

Selecting ASIO can also create problems. An ASIO audio driver is hardware and operating system specific. An ASIO driver normally is created by the hardware manufacturer and maybe frequently updated. ASIO can be the best choice when you have an ASIO driver that is specific to your audio interface, operating system and is up-to-date.

Looks like Noel and I were typing a response at the same time.

#523865 - 02/11/19 10:12 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Noel96]
Alberto V Offline

Hi Noel,
I have an external soundcard. It's a Focusrite 6i6 Scarlett and Band in a box works ok without any issues.

I'm downloading RB build3 right now. I'll come back to you as soon as I try it.

Thanks once more
Alberto

#523868 - 02/11/19 10:18 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
Alberto V Offline

Hi again, it seems it works now smile

Thanks for your support Noel

Best

#538375 - 05/27/19 07:22 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
jbspear Offline

I just purchased BB and RB yesterday and I have this identical problem as it was first described in this thread. I've loaded RealBand onto two different computers (both windows 10) and get error messages about audio devices, either having to do with sample rate error 9997 or "could not open audio device. Both computers use RealTek audio manager. I've tried all the solutions posted on these boards and nothing seems to work on either computer. I'm hoping someone has a magic bullet. Thanks in advance

#538432 - 05/27/19 12:04 PM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: jbspear]
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Hi jbspear,

Welcome to the forum, Band-in-a-Box and RealBand.

Since this thread is so old and the first user indicated his issue is resolved you may find more people respond when you start a new thread instead of tacking onto an existing thread.

A little more information about your system and the issue you're experiencing is needed. Even though you said both computers are using the RealTek motherboard audio, are both computers using the same hardware or how do they differ? How much memory do your computers have? Are you using Windows 10 Home or Pro?

What build of RealBand do you have? The build information is displayed on the RealBand splash banner during opening. Once the program opens you can also view it by selecting "Help" > "About RealBand ..." to get the view displayed below. Which audio setting are you using? A screen shot of your audio settings similar to below would be very helpful.

To take a screen shot press Alt + PrntScr while the view is in focus (the line at the top is blue instead of gray).

To post the screen shot to the forum go to the bottom of this webpage and click on the "Switch to Full Reply Screen" button. Then click on the light blue "File Manager" link above the two check boxes beneath the reply space.

Attachments
Post attachments only available when logged in

#538516 - 05/28/19 06:34 AM [RealBand] Re: Error with audio device [Re: Alberto V]
jbspear Offline

As was suggested by Jim Fogle, I'm starting a new thread. Unfortunately, there is no file manager link on the new post option so I cannot attach any pictures.

Edited by jbspear (05/28/19 07:28 AM)

PG Music News
Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Forum Stats
32643 Members
68 Forums
65617 Topics
556364 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Swivel Rocker, Igael79, CarlosCon, ShaneGuitar, Alidas

32642 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144
VideoTrack 124