Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
It is remarkable how many BIAB files I have that date all the way back to the 1990s. Many thousands more exist from PG Music and from the Internet. But I would assume there could be a conversion utility that would make the file format readable on a newer BIAB version that did not have the 255 measure limit. This utility should handle other related issues such as DOS-length filenames.

The problem isn't reading old files with a new version of BIAB. It could have a converter built in. The problem would be old versions of BIAB reading a new file with more than 255 bars in it. Currently old versions of BIAB seem to be able to cope with files created by newer versions. They seem to be able to "ignore" new features and still play the file. This may not be possible if there were more than 255 bars. Old versions are unlikely to be able to retrospectively handle that many bars.

As I said, it depends how important PG think it is to be able to do this. Presumably it could be done such that songs with less than 255 bars could still be read by old versions. I do often give files to friends who are running older versions than me.

Andy

Last edited by Andy Ling; 06/03/19 11:39 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
It happens with fast temp songs. Also 3/4 songs (and 2/4 songs that don't use the 2nd half of the bar), and I've run across the problem (not very often, but it happens) when I stitch multiple songs together as a medley.

Given that it's 255 tells me it's probably stored as a one byte value (important back in the DOS days). So it probably needs serious recoding just to go to 2 bytes (which gives you over 65,000, which is clearly overkill, unless you are using BIAB to score Wagner's "Ring of the Niebelung", which clocks in at 15 hours smile ). But who knows, now that we're at a 64-bit application, they can spare that extra byte and increase the bar count...oh, and also 8th note resolution while you're at it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
I make aftermarket 'fake disks's' for BiaB. Each 'disk' can contain up to 1,000 songs.

I do these 'disks' based on off-the-shelf music books, so that the user can open the book, load my file and play along. Copyright restrictions prohibit me from putting melody and lyrics in the BiaB files and still keep the 'disks' affordable so the pair is a good idea.

For the old-fashioned 'head' fake books, there is no problem. But some of the 'real' type fake books have very intricate arrangements where it isn't just repeat the head until done. There are some books I cannot make a 'fake disk' for. Too many songs exceed the 255 measure limit.

I still call them fake disks, even though they are now instant download. When I started selling these they were on 5.25" and 3.5" floppy disks. I've been calling them disks so long, I just don't know what else to call them.

But we still dial telephones even though there are no longer dials, and the phones still ring even though there is no bell anymore, so I guess I can still call them disks.

Back on topic. There are pop tunes I've done for my duo, again with elaborate arrangements. Perhaps one verse is longer than the other, there is a DS that doesn't go back to the beginning of a long section in a part that already been repeated, and so on. Since I sequence backing tracks for my duo http://www.s-cats.com and export everything to a sequencer or DAW anyway, I can do the songs in sections and paste them together.

Matt, when you write a style in BiaB, it is 120ppq unless you use one of my expanded styles. You can import it into a 960 or greater DAW/Sequencer, but the style itself is still 120ppq. I find the minimum resolution for a moderately slow tempo song to be 240ppq.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Veteran
Veteran
Oh - style ppq. Thanks.

My comment was about Options, Preferences, MIDI file, Resolution for MIDI file. This defaults to 120 but now allows several choices including 240 all the way to 960.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Wile I do appreciate the comments and totally agree with removing the 255 bar limit....... I have never ever come close to that limit with any of my songs. I have a few that are 5+ minutes long and they are nowhere close to the limit.

just curious.... what kind and length songs do you write that exceeds the 255 bar limit?

I could see if you were doing a cover of Innagoddadavida or Yes's Relayer..... Maybe even Alice's Restaurant.

The very first song I tried to use with BiaB after I purchased the program back in December is a 9-minute long ballad that I wrote in January 2013. It consists of an intro, three 12-line verses, a 5-line chorus that is repeated three times, a short musical interlude after each chorus, and a 2-line tag at the end. All of these sections combined total 327 bars. After I opened the .XML file that I had created in MuseScore and started listening to a newly-created arrangement in BiaB, I discovered that all of the bars past the 255 mark were blacked out. That's when I first encountered this limit and had to do some research to find out more about it. So then I tried to figure out how to create repeats for the verses, chorus, and interlude to get around this limitation but eventually gave up because of the complications I kept running into. And as a brand new user of the program, I didn't want to get bogged down with such complications on my first attempt to use the program. So, I moved on to another song that didn't have more than 255 bars.

Then in February, I started to use BiaB for a 7+ minute acoustic/rock/symphonic ballad that will be the title track for an album that I'm working on with a local producer. Because I was already aware of this limitation and the challenges involved in setting up the repeat function (which I'm still not sure would prevent the 255 bar limit from being exceeded), I simply created a .XML file that only had one verse and one chorus before the bridge. Then I created a .WAV file of the arrangement, which I imported into Tracktion (a program I was already familiar with from using it in the past on other songs) where I constructed a full-length version of the song and exported that to a .WAV file.

If I just wanted to create a single demo of this song for myself or to share with others, I would have been mostly done at this point. But this wasn't the case because I intended to share this song with my producer as my next song for him to arrange and produce for me. Plus, this would be the first time that I used BiaB to create a fully-arranged demo of one of my songs before I shared it with him. In the past, I simply gave him a video of the lead sheet so that he could play the song on his guitar from the lead sheet as the melody was being played in the video on his computer. As has been the case with every song I've given him to produce, he always finds things in the song that need to be tweaked, changed, or even rewritten to make it fully ready for him to produce. The "pre-production preparation process" for this particular song lasted 5-6 weeks during which I went back and forth to his studio about ten times with new demo versions of the song that contained necessary and/or desired modifications---some of which I came up with on my own. And every one of these new demo versions required me to go through the same process I described above along with the additional step of importing the .WAV file of the full-length version of BiaB's arrangement of a new .XML file from MuseScore (that I pieced together in Traction) into another program (ActivePresenter) that I used to create a video of the lead sheet as the melody is being played in MuseScore.

But this doesn't even tell the full story of what I went through before I was able to create the final full-length demo version of this song for my producer. There was one week in particular during which I spent at least 30 hours repeating the above process numerous times because I wanted to provide my producer with several different options for him to consider (one with two different tempos, another with and without a key change for the final chorus, and another with and without a capo on the second fret). I also had to start over twice with the entire process for all of these options because I discovered when I was listening to the final demos that I needed another measure in one or two places in order to make sure that the down beat of the drum track didn't switch during a subsequent line. If I wouldn't have had to construct a full-length version of BiaB's arrangement for each of these options in Traction because of the "255 bar limit" I doubt that I would have spent more than ten or perhaps fifteen hours at the most creating these demo files during that week. It is primarily because of what I went through with this particular song that I felt motivated, or rather, compelled to post my idea to fix this limitation.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V
Veteran
Veteran
Have you even looked at Real Band?

Check it out, problem solved.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Have you even looked at Real Band?

Check it out, problem solved.

Bob

Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. Yes, I did look at it back in March I believe but was too pressed for time back then to figure out how to use it because of the demos I had to create for my producer. My first impression of it when I opened it back then is that it's just another DAW except that it can import files directly from BiaB and perhaps do some things that other DAWs can't do or don't do the way that RB does them. But now that I'm done with those demos and do have the time, I will definitely dig into it more deeply to see if it will solve this problem for me, as you claim it will. However, because of the way that I use BiaB by opening .XML files that I create in MuseScore, I suspect that it may just be an alternative to the DAW that I have been using (Tracktion 6) as my workaround for this problem. Perhaps you could convince me otherwise now that you know a lot more about the details of my process.

BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V
Veteran
Veteran
RealBand 2019 also supports Music XML files. This, from the RealBand 2019 User Manual...

Quote:
Open MusicXML Files

RealBand supports MusicXML so you can easily import MusicXML files from your notation programs such as Finale, Sibelius, and Guitar Pro to RealBand.

If you select a MusicXML file in the Open dialog, the Load XML File dialog will open. In this dialog, select a track that you want to load. To select multiple tracks, hold down the CTRL key and click a track. If you want to change the destination track, right click on a track and select Destination Track. Then, select elements that you want to load from the XML file. Finally, press [OK], and the XML file will be loaded to RealBand.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: jford
RealBand 2019 also supports Music XML files. This, from the RealBand 2019 User Manual...

Quote:
Open MusicXML Files

RealBand supports MusicXML so you can easily import MusicXML files from your notation programs such as Finale, Sibelius, and Guitar Pro to RealBand.

If you select a MusicXML file in the Open dialog, the Load XML File dialog will open. In this dialog, select a track that you want to load. To select multiple tracks, hold down the CTRL key and click a track. If you want to change the destination track, right click on a track and select Destination Track. Then, select elements that you want to load from the XML file. Finally, press [OK], and the XML file will be loaded to RealBand.

Thanks, jford, I didn't know that! I also didn't know that Real Band can automatically generate arrangements just like BiaB does using BiaB styles per the comparison chart for BiaB, RB, and Power Tracks on PG Music's FAQ page. So, if this limitation doesn't exist in RB, then why would anyone who has a song with more than 255 bars even use BiaB followed by a workaround to this limitation? And why do users keep asking whether or not this limitation has been removed in BiaB, as some did when PG Music announced the 64-bit version of BiaB 2019?

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
So, if this limitation doesn't exist in RB, then why would anyone who has a song with more than 255 bars even use BiaB followed by a workaround to this limitation? And why do users keep asking whether or not this limitation has been removed in BiaB, as some did when PG Music announced the 64-bit version of BiaB 2019?

Because RB comes with its own baggage! Try it and you will see...

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: muzikluver
So, if this limitation doesn't exist in RB, then why would anyone who has a song with more than 255 bars even use BiaB followed by a workaround to this limitation? And why do users keep asking whether or not this limitation has been removed in BiaB, as some did when PG Music announced the 64-bit version of BiaB 2019?

Who knows? Lazy, inertia, Biab is all they know, etc, etc. Speaking very generally now, most on this forum are fairly basic users. They download some Biab files or create some using basic song forms. AABA kind of stuff. They set it up for 3 chorus repeats hit Play and that's it, done. Once someone asks about more complex things it gets trickier. Yes, Biab can be made to do lots of things BUT...

I've been preaching the virtues of RB since it was created from Power Tracks years ago. The biggest knock is it's not as elegant or full featured as the other big name DAW's. But none of them can generate squat using Biab styles and Real Tracks.

Here's a very basic overview, and you should start haunting the RB forum. First, I don't think there's any bar limit other than your computer maybe and it has 48 tracks. Second it can open Biab files. Third you have a choice of it acting like Biab or a DAW. By that I mean if you leave it acting like Biab then when you open a Biab file the Biab tracks that show up in blue can all be generated at once like Biab will. BUT, if you check the box to make all Biab tracks act like regular RB tracks then it's no different than any other DAW. Each track stands on it's own.

With 48 tracks I'm sure you know about comp tracks? In RB you can arm a track, select a style MIDI or RT, change the chord grid if you want, pick an instrument and generate meaning you can create a bunch of comp tracks for each instrument using different styles for each, different RT's, different chords, whatever. Then start cutting/pasting the best parts of those tracks to create your final track. Do that for each instrument or vocal. In addition if you don't want an entire track to be filled with the same instrument/style just swipe the bars with your mouse to highlight just the bars you want to generate.

If later on in your work you decide to add a chorus or a additional 12 bars of solo, delete some bars, you have the Bars window. This is a basic grid layout of the whole song. Again swipe your mouse, highlighting the bars/tracks you want to move or delete and hit Enter. You get a window with choices, Copy/Paste/Delete. If you're copying bars to a new location, put the cursor on the bar you want to paste and voila! It's done. These functions are easily laid out in front of you like any other DAW. You can do this in Biab too but menus are hidden, functions are hidden, they work differently and most importantly you only have 7 instrument slots. Biab doesn't work or look like a DAW but if you dig deeply enough it does have some DAW functions. But why limit yourself when you have RB right there ready to go?

RB also handles all the VST's we all know and love including mastering suites. It's a pretty good MIDI editor and audio editor. You can also simply swipe some bars on a track and just delete the data so you can put something else in there or just leave it blank. You can draw in volume envelopes. This is all basic DAW stuff and RB does it just fine. The complaints come when people compare these functions to other DAW's. They may do it better or the function is expanded with more choices but still, RB has these functions and they do work.

That's enough to give you a taste of what RB can do. It can do a lot more than this.

I see someone just mentioned baggage implying RB is somehow broken, it doesn't work. It works fine. 99% of people who say that have not taken the time to learn it properly. There's a learning curve like any other audio/midi program. Some say it constantly crashes. Not so, it's simply user error. Sorry if I offended anybody but it's the simple truth. Some don't understand digital audio and all the little quirks that can crop up.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 06/04/19 10:40 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Quote:

Oh my, the rabbit hole keeps getting deeper. (Sigh!) I know there's no such thing as a perfect software program, but your comment, MusicStudent, makes me wonder what "baggage" you're referring to and if you think that "baggage" would affect my use of the program to generate basic demo arrangements, as I've been doing with BiaB?

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Mac operating system users do not have Realband as an option. This means the 255 bar limit is more restrictive for them as opposed to Windows users.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Quote:

Mac operating system users do not have Realband as an option. This means the 255 bar limit is more restrictive for them as opposed to Windows users.

Yes, I am aware of that. But, of course, there aren't nearly as many Mac users of BiaB as there are PC users. Even so, this doesn't mean that they or this issue should be neglected or ignored.

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: muzikluver
..your comment makes me wonder what "baggage" you're referring to and if you think that "baggage" would affect my use of the program to generate basic demo arrangements, as I've been doing with BiaB?

Well after that endorsement extolling the merits of RB that someone just mentioned. I hate to rain on the parade, but you deserve to hear the opinions of others. I am far less verbose, but I must be a 1%er since the claim that 99% of people who say it does not work have not taken the time to learn it properly. First, I never said it does not work and second, I have a very very long history with BIAB and RB so believe me when I say I have taken the time.

What I said was it has its baggage. By that I mean it is buggy. Will it affect your creative workflow? ..it did affect my creative work flow.

So use it and answer the question for yourself.

Thanks, for the clarification. I'll definitely keep your comments in mind.

Veteran
Veteran
I'll put in my usual 2 cents
You likely already have RB if you have a Windows version.
The 255 bar limit is non-existent in RB, as are some other restrictions in BiaB.
Nothing to lose for trying it; you can still move on to another DAW afterwards (and actually much easier; I sometimes just drag a couple dozen tracks from RB to Reaper and keep working in another DAW). So if you already have it, why not spend an hour seeing what it does?

In my experience it's a great tool to have in your arsenal and solves enough BiaB problems & has enough additional features to be well worth learning.

Is it going to replace your old faithful DAW .. not at first, for sure .. but still worth knowing and using. After a while you may realize it's a lot more powerful than many expect.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Quote:

You'll need a baggage cart! laugh

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: rharv
I'll put in my usual 2 cents
You likely already have RB if you have a Windows version.
The 255 bar limit is non-existent in RB, as are some other restrictions in BiaB.
Nothing to lose for trying it; you can still move on to another DAW afterwards (and actually much easier; I sometimes just drag a couple dozen tracks from RB to Reaper and keep working in another DAW). So if you already have it, why not spend an hour seeing what it does?

In my experience it's a great tool to have in your arsenal and solves enough BiaB problems & has enough additional features to be well worth learning.

Is it going to replace your old faithful DAW .. not at first, for sure .. but still worth knowing and using. After a while you may realize it's a lot more powerful than many expect.

I definitely intend to spend at least an hour seeing what it does. And it may interest you to know that I don't have a strong attachment to Tracktion 6. It was a free download that I decided to try out after reading about its ease of use and simple GUI. I also have the free version of PreSonus Studio One (which I installed but never used) and the free version of Cakewalk that BandLab released in February of last year (which I've haven't even installed yet). So, I'm sure that it won't take long for RB to become my preferred DAW if it meets my needs sufficiently. I should also say that I'm mostly a songwriter and a mediocre guitar player who prefers to have someone else arrange and produce my songs, so I don't have much of an interest in becoming a proficient DAW user---especially because I don't have the proper recording equipment that I would need to take advantage of all the features of such a program. But I'm definitely open to developing those skills over time as I continue to pursue my songwriting and music interests.

Veteran
Veteran
RB is buggy, it crashes, I can't get my work done, blah, blah.

Here's a small list of issues people report:

1. RB locks up all the time, I have to do a Ctl-Alt-Del. Resolved, update your audio drivers, ASIO drivers, video drivers, whatever drivers. Or, a Windows Update changed something so you have to check all your settings to make sure they're correct.

2. A sub menu window you opened is still open behind the main screen view. Resolved, this can be a screen resolution issue or you need to hit Tab to bring that hidden window to the front then everything's good. Is that a bug? Don't know, some get this, some don't. I haven't seen it in a long time.

3. You can't see the controls for a sub window. Resolved, a screen resolution issue especially on laptops. Laptops have small screens but DAW's need high resolutions because there is so much stuff on the screen. But, but I can't read anything then, it's too small. Well, is that the software's problem? Buy bigger glasses or don't use laptops smaller than 19 inches or whatever.

4. Constant audio stutters and glitchy sound. This should have been number 1 but this is latency caused by audio buffer settings in your soundcard or what audio driver you're using.

5. No matter what I do I get audio/midi sync issues. Resolved, it's a different sample rate between what Windows is using and what RB is using.

6. The VST window has all this space on the top and I can't see the entire window so the bottom controls are hidden. This is an issue that has bothered many of us for years and should be fixed, still...Resolved, there is a scroll bar on the right, scroll down and the bottom of the window is now visible.

7. I can't get the time stretch feature to work, it's a POS. Resolved, it works fine. The Help files are not as clear as they should be but still it works fine.

8. RB will suddenly start doing weird, wonky things. Yes, that can happen especially if you're doing a lot of midi and audio editing and you're working with a lot of tracks. Sort of resolved, I've found I need to do regular saves and close RB down and reopen it every hour to hour and a half or so then there's no issues.

9. Now for the biggie, constant crashes. This one is only reported by a few people yet they insist they've tried everything including working with Support and it still crashes. I don't know what to say to them, if that was a real issue this whole forum would be filled with RB crash reports and they're just not there. I've asked a few of the people who report this to jump in and give us a complete detailed report like you would in a beta test to see if we can figure out what's causing it and so far nobody has gone that far.

Here's the bottom line: Digital audio is very tricky, you need a fairly powerful computer, you need to be that nerd in your family who helps everybody else out with their Windows problems not the guy who's constantly asking for help. You need to understand all this stuff I just mentioned, be methodical, don't get upset, work through things as they crop up and read forums like this one.

RB as a music software program is pretty good, not perfect by a long shot but pretty good. My number 8 could be the cause of some reporting weird bugs. It's true RB doesn't like to be worked too hard continually for hours. Save and reopen every hour or two and everything's fine. I figured this out myself because I understand Windows 101: Weird crap happens close and reboot. Most of the time you only need to close the program not your system.

All anybody has to do is go and read other forums dealing with Sonar, Reaper, Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One and you'll see posts complaining about the exact same kind of stuff you'll see here. It's about people simply not digging deeply enough, not knowing enough, not paying attention to the details. In other words good ole User Error. I know this intimately because it's happened to me many times. Lots of DUH! moments.

Bob

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
RB is buggy, it crashes, I can't get my work done, blah, blah.

Here's a small list of issues people report: . . .

Here's the bottom line: Digital audio is very tricky, you need a fairly powerful computer, you need to be that nerd in your family who helps everybody else out with their Windows problems not the guy who's constantly asking for help. You need to understand all this stuff I just mentioned, be methodical, don't get upset, work through things as they crop up and read forums like this one.

RB as a music software program is pretty good, not perfect by a long shot but pretty good. My number 8 could be the cause of some reporting weird bugs. It's true RB doesn't like to be worked too hard continually for hours. Save and reopen every hour or two and everything's fine. I figured this out myself because I understand Windows 101: Weird crap happens close and reboot. Most of the time you only need to close the program not your system.

All anybody has to do is go and read other forums dealing with Sonar, Reaper, Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One and you'll see posts complaining about the exact same kind of stuff you'll see here. It's about people simply not digging deeply enough, not knowing enough, not paying attention to the details. In other words good ole User Error. I know this intimately because it's happened to me many times. Lots of DUH! moments.

Bob

Thanks, Bob, for your balanced perspective on RB. It makes a lot of sense and is consistent with the experience I've had using numerous other software programs over the last 30+ years. Considering my intended usage of RB and the likelihood that I won't become a "power user" of RB in the near future, I doubt that I'll encounter any of the issues you mentioned in your list. And even if I do, I'll simply "cross that bridge when I get there."

If RB does indeed meet my needs by resolving the "255 bar limit" that exists in BiaB (and I have no reason to doubt that it won't based on all the comments above), I would still like to see this limitation removed in BiaB someday, and I'm sure many other BiaB users would, too. Ultimately, however, PG Music must decide whether it's in their best interest to tackle this issue---with or without my suggestion that a fund be set up for BiaB users to financially assist with the costs involved in such an endeavor. So far, PG Music has not taken that step despite the large number of BiaB users who have asked them to. But who knows, perhaps the day will come when they will take that step. Regardless, I'm just thankful that I learned the things I've learned about RB from this discussion as a result of posting my suggestion, and I want to express my thanks and appreciation to everyone who has participated in it.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195