Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Kenny,

Thanks for posting a new link.

Gosh this is very, very good!

I love that groove and your instrument choice is perfect! What's more is that everything about this sounds like a group playing on the radio. It's so easy to picture you, lead singer, and all the other band members on stage having fun... very enjoyable music.

As you have probably already realised, I often focus more on lyrics these days than music. That's probably because I'm pretty new to writing lyrics and I'm always on the look out for tricks and strategies to add to my toolbox.

You've done a couple of things with the words that seriously impressed me.

The "Angela ooh la la" line is almost a mirror reflection when you repeat it as "ooh la la my Angela" -- how clever is that! Firstly 'Angela' rhymes with 'ooh la la' and then 'ooh la la rhymes with 'Angela'. It's kind of like a sandwich of rhymes and it's incredibly effective! The 'lah' rhyme doesn't sound tired or overused at all even though it's used six times in two lines. What it did to me was that it pulled me into the song and made me sing along with it every time it was repeated! What a great device. That's now added to my toolbox smile I just have to think about some words to use it with.

And I love verse 3 where you end line 1 with "nothing" and then start line 2 with a different interpretation of "nothing". That's a terrific strategy, too. Again, it's added to my toolbox.

Thank you for a great listen and for giving me some lyric-writing inspiration.

All the best,
Noel

Thank you Noel for those very kind words

You're more than welcome to the tools,

I'm glad that you find value in it.