Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#541220 - 06/16/19 01:01 AM [User Showcase] New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad)
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

My dad passed away almost 12 years ago. He was a wonderful father. I don't really remember that many of the gifts he gave me (although he gave me a lot.) But I will always remember how much he loved me. He constantly reminded me of how much he loved me, no matter what we ever were going through. I just finished writing this song as a tribute to him for Father's Day. I know many of us on this forum have parents that have passed, and I hope this song will touch you and help you this Father's Day.

Video...
Love That Never Dies - VIDEO

SoundCloud...
Love That Never Dies - SOUNDCLOUD

I played the piano and strings using various softsynths. The piano is actually 2 layered sounds both from Native Instruments (Grandeur and Gentleman), and the strings are a combination of Native's Session Strings and Logic Pro X strings. There is also Native's Vintage Organ in there. The rest are RealTracks...

RealTracks in song: ~2475:Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2028:Fiddle, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 065

Love That Never Dies
©Stephen W. Young

There's a picture on my wall
And It means the world to me
‘Cause that picture says it all
It’s not just faded memories

You taught me how to tie my shoes
Brush my teeth and comb my hair
And always stand up for the truth
And not forget to say my prayers

I haven't taken you for granted
I always wanted you to know
Just how deep your words were planted
They are deep within my soul

So let the evening breeze come gently
And sing your lullabies
'Cause I have so many memories
Of a love that never dies

You taught me how to treat my wife
How to work and be a man
The important things of life
You taught me who I am

You said to put things where I found them
'Cause I may need them again
And so I keep you where I found you
You're in my heart until the end

So let the evening breeze come gently
And sing your lullabies
'Cause I have so many memories
Of a love that never dies

#541222 - 06/16/19 02:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

This is so touching and beautiful...

Bob

#541239 - 06/16/19 05:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful song

#541248 - 06/16/19 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

"You said to put things where I found them
You're in my heart until the end"

WOW.

Everything about this is beautiful.

fj

#541263 - 06/16/19 11:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I concur Floyd's opinion...
WOW!
You've written a very powerful poignant song of love!

#541289 - 06/16/19 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Denmark
Such a beautiful song!
My father passed away last year but I never knew him (he left my mother when she was pregnant). Your song reminded me of how it could have been...

Very well done!
Will

#541305 - 06/16/19 05:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Expert

Steve,
such a humble tribute. Amazing write and production!
I followed youtube link. Awesome photo with your folks by the car!

My grandfather had same years of birth and when he passed away... 12 years back. He was my mentor in many ways and just somebody who I dearly loved.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#541324 - 06/16/19 10:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve

That was really lovely.

Peter

#541328 - 06/16/19 11:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
WOW.

What floyd jane said.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#541347 - 06/17/19 02:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Lovely stuff Steve.
The decay on one side of the reverb/delay on your vocals gets a slight snare rattle sound that reminds me of the effect that happens when on stage and the snare responds to the vocalist talking etc. It's not bad or anything just interesting in the way it decays to a single side.
Really nice arrangement and mix.
You record your voice well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#541378 - 06/17/19 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi steve this is so good wow!!! is not enough this song moves the spirit very well done thanks for sharing eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#541382 - 06/17/19 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Hi Steve, what a wonderful tribute to your father, I bet this was quite the process to write. Very sentimental lyrics too. Thanks for sharing!

#541402 - 06/17/19 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: england
beautifull and heart felt .what a fantastic write and a lovely tribute to your dad
god bless brad

#541496 - 06/17/19 07:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Montana, USA
trapper456 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montana, USA
Steve that was very beautiful. My mother passed away Dec 19th 2017 so your song brought tears to my eyes. My mom was the most important thing in my world. My father died when he was 28 years old fro lukima. (Bone and Blood Cancer) so my mom was mom and dad since I was 2 years of age. I was almost 50 when she passed away fro (brain cancer) a tumor in the brain called a gleoblastoma, and I have a love for her that never dies just like you talk about in your song. Thank you for writing this song, it really got to my heart strings.

#541561 - 06/18/19 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: floyd jane]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

This is so touching and beautiful...

Bob

Thanks so much, Bob! Always a pleasure to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful song

Thanks Scott! Glad you like it!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve,

"You said to put things where I found them
You're in my heart until the end"

WOW.

fj

Floyd, I always look forward to hearing from you. Glad you like that particular line from the song. It's my favorite. Very true of my thoughts of my dad. Every now and then stumble into a line that I like. smile

===

Steve

#541625 - 06/18/19 01:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Your were blessed to have such a wise and loving father and he was equally blessed to have a son that learned from and appreciated him.

As floyd said "everything about this is beautiful." And the verse he quoted is also our favorite of the write - a write packed with thought provoking and well crafted lines.

We couldn't agree more and there is little left to say other than your vocal and instrumental performances perfectly delivered the sentiment.

Thank you for sharing it.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#541962 - 06/20/19 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Jim
I concur Floyd's opinion...
WOW!
You've written a very powerful poignant song of love!

Thanks so much, Jim!

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Such a beautiful song!
My father passed away last year but I never knew him (he left my mother when she was pregnant). Your song reminded me of how it could have been...

Very well done!
Will

Thank you for your time and posting your comments! I'm ever aware that not everyone has both parents around, and it is a sad situation. I'm sure your mother did all she could do to fill in the gap, and you were greatly loved. I hope this song was an encouragement to you, and you can apply your sentiments to your mom.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Steve,
such a humble tribute. Amazing write and production!
I followed youtube link. Awesome photo with your folks by the car!

My grandfather had same years of birth and when he passed away... 12 years back. He was my mentor in many ways and just somebody who I dearly loved.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks, Misha! I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Thank God good grandparents, too!

===

Steve

#542489 - 06/23/19 10:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Great tribute, really beautiful and touching in all its simplicity, message deep from your soul. Marktree and solo fiddle are nice additions for the mood. Your vocal track is engineered very well.

Janne

#542620 - 06/24/19 02:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
WOW Steve, what a spectacular tribute!! I would smile down (or up, whatever the case might be) if one of my kids wrote something so beautiful about me. Such a pretty melody, such a sweet vocal, and a beautiful lyric. WONDERFUL!!! Take care. Greg

#542624 - 06/24/19 02:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Love That Never Dies (Tribute To My Dad) [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Gorgeous....absolutely, stunning, simply beautiful.

Simple and understated production made this shine. your piano skills are evident on this.

Nicely, nicely done.

Excellent all the way around from the simple production to the, lovely vocals to the touching lyrics.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29743 Members
60 Forums
58747 Topics
495616 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Armando Romeu, callmegina, Yallih47, yasa, Wallstone

29743 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Jim Fogle 130