You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#541401 - 06/17/19 10:37 AM [User Showcase] Do i ask too much ( new song)
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Hi Guys
A late night film brought this little ditty to life. Along with listening to The Gatlin Brothers. please feel free to comment .many thanks brad
https://soundcloud.com/brad-stevens-uk/do-i-ask-too-much/s-F4mbe

DO I ASK TOO MUCH

LORD CAN YOU HELP ME
YOU SEE IVE LOST MY WAY
THIS ROAD WHICH I TRAVEL
TAKES MY SOUL EVERY DAY

LORD CAN YOU HEAR ME
AT NIGHT WHEN I PRAY
IVE ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS
PLEASE SHOW ME THE WAY

DO I ASK TOO MUCH
DO I PRAY TOO LITTLE
DO I NOT HEAR THE ANSWERS
WHEN ANSWERS ARE GIVING
DO I NEED TO HAVE FAITH
AND BELIEVE IN YOU MORE
DO I ASK TOO MUCH OF YOU LORD

LORD IM A SINNER
OR SO IVE BEEN TOLD
CHASED RICHES AND FORTUNES
AND FORSAKEN YOU SO
IM NOW HERE BEFORE YOU
AND IM DOWN ON MY KNEES
SHOW ME THE WAY OH LORD PLEASE

DO I ASK TOO MUCH
DO I PRAY TOO LITTLE
DO I NOT HEAR THE ANSWERS
WHEN ANSWERS ARE GIVING
DO I NEED TO HAVE FAITH
AND BELIEVE IN YOU MORE
DO I ASK TOO MUCH OF YOU LORD

Style is _MYLILLY.STY (My Lilly Old Tme Autoharp Waltz)

RealTracks in style: ~1121:Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in style: 2450:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
RealTracks in style: ~824:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Country Waltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1699:Mandolin, Rhythm BluegrassWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~1126:Pedal Steel, Rhythm CountryWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 2119:Fiddle, Soloist CountryWaltzAndy Sw 085
RealDrums in style: NashClassicWaltzSw^4-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

A Few more bits of mandolin and pedal steel were cut up and used
enjoy

Edited by Biglad (06/18/19 04:57 AM)

#541406 - 06/17/19 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Brad,

A nice write - good title/idea. Nice production. Well sung.

It does sound like a song the Gatlins would have done...

fj

#541437 - 06/17/19 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Oh yeah! A country waltz!

We enjoyed the nice vocal, write and production.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#541443 - 06/17/19 01:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
All the contours of classic country-style gospel. Good write, catchy melody, good production.

Fiddles, steel guitar - everything in place. The mandolin sounds great.

There are some spots where - if it were me - I'd tighten up the alignment of the background vocals, but that's not a big deal.

I enjoyed it! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#541462 - 06/17/19 04:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Yes, the kind of country that I really like! Pure old time country!

Super vocal and lyrics with the perfect backing tracks.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#541513 - 06/18/19 01:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Expert

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
Cool BIAB arrangement and well mixed too.
Good voice and a good recording of it too.
I like this line "WHEN ANSWERS, I'M GIVEN" I assume it was a typo in the 1st instance and I understand why you didn't sing it as written but I like how it reads.
I'm no fan of gospel lyrics but you did well.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#541540 - 06/18/19 04:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Thanks guys for the feedback, appreciate your kind words
Brad

#541557 - 06/18/19 06:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Nice song. Can't go wrong listening to the Gatlins. Enjoyed this one.

Steve

#541577 - 06/18/19 09:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Great one Brad!

good melody and strong vocals

everything sounds super

I think of Kris Kristofferson

good song,

Kenny

#541580 - 06/18/19 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Nice one Brad...
I like the arrangement & delivery of your new tune...
Good Job!

#541590 - 06/18/19 09:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this Brad! Really dug the overall vibes on this one. Thanks for sharing!

#541643 - 06/18/19 03:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Nicely done Biglad.

#541692 - 06/18/19 09:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Deej56 Offline
Apprentice

Brad,

Nice, traditional country tune . . . they don’t play them like this anymore, and that’s a sorry thing, and what makes this so refreshing. Like the melody and sweet vocal. Could hear this on a soundtrack for the right movie. Really nicely done! Enjoyed it.

Kind regards,

Deej

#541751 - 06/19/19 07:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Brad,

Nothing like a waltz! I love what you have done here - some great country music.

Awesome vocal.

Bob

#542029 - 06/20/19 03:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nicely done!! I like the fairly stripped down, organic feel of this. Some really nice lyrics, and a heartfelt vocal bring it across very nicely. Great job!! Take care. Greg

#542136 - 06/21/19 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice job on a good old country song.

I like the overall song. Nice write on the lyrics.

On the production end.... your doubled vocals.... nit picking here.... What I do is to record 3 vox tracks and make one the lead. The other 2 are panned wide and opposite and are pretty far down in the mix. Essentially, lower them to the point you really don't hear them with the lead vocal. Mute the lead vocal and you can hear them, unmute it and they disappear again. They add a certain level of fatness to the vocal but without being obviously "there".... Also... listen to the section around the 1:40 point. Be absolutely sure your doubles are spot on perfect in their timing. Listen carefully and if they are not exactly on time.... or phrasing.... either pull them down with volume envelopes at that point where they are out of time, or... record that small section again using punch in.

other than that... nice country song.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#542140 - 06/21/19 07:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really well done - beautifully sincere, and I love how organic and raw it is. Some really honest feelings are displayed here, and you can feel it in the music and in your voice.

Thanks for sharing smile

#542144 - 06/21/19 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Thanks herb for the feedback , I'll certainly try it when times permits.
Cheers Brad

#542145 - 06/21/19 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do i ask too much ( new song) [Re: Biglad]
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it
Cheers Brad

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® in 11 Languages!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows available in languages other than English? It's true - we have 10 other languages available for Band-in-a-Box® 2019! Head to www.bandinabox.com and you'll see a list of all our language options! This list can also be accessed by clicking on the "English EN" near the top right corner of our website.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows language options:
Danish | Dutch | French | German | Italian | Polish | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish | Swedish

Already have the English version, and want a different language? Reach out to our Customer Service Team with your request and you'll be running your preferred language in no time at all!

Forum Stats
29751 Members
60 Forums
58762 Topics
495806 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
dematthews, eiki, mdleavitt, anhsieuno, rbneubad

29751 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Janice & Bud 126