Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow!

This has to be my new favorite song from you, man those vocals! And then when Janice comes in ..... goosebumps!

Possibly the best country song ever posted on this forum, pure perfection from the write, the performance, and the production.

One to be proud of, well done you two!!

Well...thanks so much for that, Dave! I'd have to say we ARE proud... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great work on the vocals you guys.
The production is spot on and lyrics are well constructed.
Well done all involved. Rob

Thank you Rob. Yes, he did write a great song!

Janice

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The voices work very well together. Timeless message with a creative twist to the story.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Nice work Floyd, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. This sounds very full and I dig the overall timbres. Very captivating lyrics. Great work!

Joe - glad you enjoyed this...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
This is probably one of the best duets with Janice from your collection.
Well thought out piece lyrically and musically. Janice is loud and clear on this smile Duet choruses are very strong! Mixing & production is top notch. Congrats to both of you + Bud.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thank you very much Misha!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Jim
A nicely written & performed country tear jerker...
You & Janice share the stage so well...
Both with your lead vocals & harmonies...
I really listening to your creation!

Thank you Jim. floyd and I have sung together many, many times over the past six years and from the first one on it has been fun and rewarding.

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love the title, and how it is played off, Love the melody, Love the writing (craft plus feeling equals MAGIC!!!), Love the emotion, Love the sentiment, LOVE Janice's vocal contribution. HATE the fact that I didn't write it!! What a beautiful song!!! If anyone ever makes a Best of BIAB record, this one is goin' on it!!!!! Wonderful job guys!! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks for this wonderful review!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Such a sad emotional song. Lyrics were so well done. Loved the vocals. Both added so much lament to the song. As Peter said "Classy". Loved the way the song . Vocals were so clear. Well done....

Thanks. Scott. We appreciate that...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd and Janice,

I cannot surpass others with words of admiration, so I won't even try.
You together had a beautiful performance in this nice, sweet song. I almost had to find me a handkerchief, but a man does not cry...
This cooperation of yours is gold.
But, did you say you sang together for about 6 years? That is also Gold!

Nice weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
I could well imagine both of you sharing the same vocal booth...looking into each other's eyes with a mixture of regret and hope. Bud's at the control booth, being all professional and stuff. You're singing the hopes of millions, whether their situation has been a lapse or long-term. Your voices blend and "fit" so well, one to the other.

And I come in to take out the garbage, listen a while and say, "Yep."

Hard to imagine a better song. Way to turn that title phrase into a love song.

Tangmo - thanks for that really nice review... we appreciate it...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
This was a lovely well written and produced song.

Floyd showing his soft side here, Janice doing her magic on the backing and lead singing.

This was excellent all round and inspires me to get in the wee studio and get some stuff done.

great vocals from both of you and again a brilliant ballad.

Not forgetting Bud ..well done .

Thanks

beatmaster - thanks, we appreciate that... good to see you back around...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - stunning, simply stunning. You two paired beautifully on this. It sounds solemn, delicate, sincere, and lush. The mix is top notch and just adds it to an even higher level.

You should be proud of this one. You really accomplished something beautiful. Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks for stopping in for a listen, Deryk...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd and Janice,

This is stunning music.

Everything about this -- vocals, arrangement, instruments, melody, harmony, production -- is top class and first rate and then some!

I absolutely love the journey that I've just travelled. What stood out to me most was the clarity of sound that came through my speakers and my headphones. You've sure showed us all how to make 128 kbps mp3s on Soundcloud work a treat.

This is really, really beautiful music and very skilled lyric writing.

All the best,
Noel

Noel - thanks for chiming in! Interesting note on the Soundcloud 128 kbps.... I've come to expect a slight down-grade upon upload, so I seldom even pay attention to it anymore... I've always thought you had to be listening on better-than-average speakers to notice any real difference - AND need a better recording to even make a comparison. So it seldom registers that there is any ral difference...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Classic beautiful country music! A great tune performed flawlessly by two pro's!! That chorus is truly great! Perfect instrumentation presented here! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey!!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late and everything that I wanted to say has already been said.

So all I can add is that this is better than anything that is being played on country music stations up here!

Great vocals, lyrics, backing tracks,and mix again. I don't know how you do it but please keep on doing it!

This is top shelf all the way!

Mario - thanks for the nice review!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Originally Posted By: dcuny
From the opening, it sounds excellent.

The lyrics proclaim it's classic country, the vocal pairing is excellent - of course. Janice is superb as always, and I love the cry in your voice.

Great writing, arrangement and chorus. Piano is especially good.

Love it. laugh

Plus one! This is the best duet I`ve heard on the forum. Move over Garth & Trisha,
Floyd & Janice will take it from here!

Robert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wow!

This has to be my new favorite song from you, man those vocals! And then when Janice comes in ..... goosebumps!

Possibly the best country song ever posted on this forum, pure perfection from the write, the performance, and the production.

One to be proud of, well done you two!!

Wow! Y’all are making me blush. Thank you!!!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Not sure what to say ... everything I'm thinking has already been said. Music like this is the foundation of country music. And what a solid foundation this is. I grew up listening to and playing this kind of music. But so little of it was this magical. Known superlatives fall short of adequately describing this.

Floyd, your voice has tinges of Con Hunley who, sadly, we lost a few months back. And Janice is the epitome of classy singing. If this isn't the best example of what country music should be, I don't know what is. Might be the best song on the forum since I've been a member - seriously.

Alan

Wow, Alan... what a truly humbling review. Such nice things to hear... Really appreciate that. Man! having heard a Con Hunly song in a VERY long time...think I'll head over to YouTube and dig some up!...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Short description: beautiful country ballad smile Nice lyrics and impeccable chording, especially in the chorus. Perfect mix and the best possible singers for this kind of music on this forum.

Janne

Thanks, Janne! We really appreciate that....

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
WOW! What a song!

This is so good, Floyd (as if anything I've heard from you wasn't good). Very well written. Love the message. The band is really spot on. And you and Janice make a perfect duo on this one. (Nice job on producing Janice's vocals by Bud.)

I don't know how I missed this before now. I always look specifically for your work, as I know I will like it. I'm sure glad I heard it today!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Floyd and Janice,

This is marvelous. Reminds me of classic country on the level of Johnny Cash and June Carter, grand old Opry style.

I would have said they don't make 'em like this anymore, but you just did!

I agree with all the accolades, and Kenny really nailed it. This is one of the best country duets in a long time!

I will try and get caught up on the forum. Sorry peeps, been a really distracting/distracted time.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd ...

Here's a link to a Con Hunley song where I hear some similarities in Con Hunley's voice and yours. Certainly not "nearly the same", but the vocal nuances, intonation and, to a lesser degree, the vocal grit. His voice is a bit softer than yours, but I still hear the other similarities. I've always thought he had such a great voice. I'd put you in that same category with him.

Alan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozXS5QpHkQ

Last edited by Al-David; 07/09/19 12:40 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: cliftond
You both kicked this one out of the Park!!!! love the harmionies

Thanks, Cliff...we appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Superb vocals from both of you. Very pleading to the ear. Another quality lyric. This sounds professional from beginning to end.

Thanks, EZ!...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
The voices work very well together. Timeless message with a creative twist to the story.

Always nice to have you drop by, ed...thanks...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd and Janice,

I cannot surpass others with words of admiration, so I won't even try.
You together had a beautiful performance in this nice, sweet song. I almost had to find me a handkerchief, but a man does not cry...
This cooperation of yours is gold.
But, did you say you sang together for about 6 years? That is also Gold!

Nice weekend,
Hans

Hans - thanks for those nice words... we appreciate it...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
WOW! What a song!

This is so good, Floyd (as if anything I've heard from you wasn't good). Very well written. Love the message. The band is really spot on. And you and Janice make a perfect duo on this one. (Nice job on producing Janice's vocals by Bud.)

I don't know how I missed this before now. I always look specifically for your work, as I know I will like it. I'm sure glad I heard it today!

Steve

Steve - thanks for dropping in for a listen. And thanks for the nice comments. I cannot imagine finding a better duet partner than Janice (& Bud) smile

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Floyd and Janice,

This is marvelous. Reminds me of classic country on the level of Johnny Cash and June Carter, grand old Opry style.

I would have said they don't make 'em like this anymore, but you just did!

I agree with all the accolades, and Kenny really nailed it. This is one of the best country duets in a long time!

I will try and get caught up on the forum. Sorry peeps, been a really distracting/distracted time.

Mr. Snyder - great to see you around - we do miss you (regardless of the rumors to the contrary smile )...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Floyd ...

Here's a link to a Con Hunley song where I hear some similarities in Con Hunley's voice and yours. Certainly not "nearly the same", but the vocal nuances, intonation and, to a lesser degree, the vocal grit. His voice is a bit softer than yours, but I still hear the other similarities. I've always thought he had such a great voice. I'd put you in that same category with him.

Alan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozXS5QpHkQ

Alan - Man! Thanks for that! It's a thrill (for me) to be favorably compared to Con Hunley in such a way. He is an INCREDIBLE singer. Under-rated in the overall scheme of Country music, I think...

And thanks for the link. It made me spend a while listen to a bunch of his songs that I hadn't heard in years... (the 80's were a real transition period for Country - with a lot of "haters" similar to what is happening now).

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,580
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200