You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#542723 - 06/25/19 10:12 AM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Multiriffs
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

This is my first post in this forum so forgive me if this has been requested. Is there a video or tutorial on Multiriffs?

If not, then I think it should include a definition, what it can do for you, and how to implement it (particularly if the BIAB VST is the preferred way) with an example. Any downside?

Thank you.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile; [& 2020 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#542808 - 06/25/19 08:16 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Multiriffs [Re: Matt Finley]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

I view Multi Riffs as a humanizer element of RB. To replicate what a Multi Riff does with audio requires a human player to do it as far as I know.

A Multi Riff is a selection of audio that the BIAB generation algorithm renders 7 selections for that audio snip. Any of the 7 snippets can be selected to replace the highlighted section. However, Multi Riff allows the user to insert any or all of those 7 snippets onto tracks and those snippets can then be cut/pasted edited or have Fx's just as any other audio can in a DAW. Pieces can be taken from each of the 7 snippets and comped into a single block of audio that can replace the highlighted audio or pasted elsewhere on that track or any other track in the song.

A different instrument can be selected and will replace the original audio and instrument for the highlighted section.

A MIDI file is rendered for each of the rendered multi riff snippets and placed on a track. An instrument patch can be assigned and to double the audio.

But here's why I call Multi Riff's a humanizing element. Note each multi riff generation is a unique rendition of the original rendered audio. This is much the same as a player will do with a 'punch in' during a live recording session.

In a recent thread in the RealBand Forum, a poster created a song over 330 measures in length. He uses MuseScore to make an XML file to open the song in RealBand. I haven't seen one of these songs but assuming he has multiple verses that likely repeat the same chord progression. I'll explain a way that were someone to wish to do so, they could create a dozen or more unique verses in just a few moments by taking advantage of the multi riff feature of RealBand.

1. Populate a Chord Chart that contains designated sections of your song. For instance, 1-4 INTRO; 5-12 VERSE; 13-20 CHORUS and 21-32 OUTRO
2. Insert Part Markers at the beginning of each section.
3. Activate the Snap to Beat Radio Button at Bar 5, the beginning of the VERSE Section.
4. From the Tool Menu: Block\Select Current Selection - this will select and highlight the VERSE section.
5. CTRL-C to copy the verse and from the window that opens, copy Events and Chord Symbols.
6. Set cursor at Bar 21: Edit\Insert Blank Bars into Song...
7. CTRL-V to paste the VERSE and edit part markers to reflect the verse insert at bar 21 and OUTRO is now Bar 29.
8. With the cursor at Bar 21, repeat Block\Select Current Selection to select and highlight VERSE2.
9. Generate Multi Riff and once the window opens with the 7 generated tracks, be sure to check the box Allow multiple riff selection and check the box on each riff to select all 7 riffs and click ok. You will be asked to select the track for the riff to be placed on. Select tracks and hit Ok.

Seven audio riffs will be generated and placed onto tracks you've selected. Seven MIDI riffs will also be generated and placed onto tracks beneath the audio riffs providing 14 total tracks that can be used to copy/paste fourteen additional and unique verses into the song. I've added a photo of an example.

I've posted several photos below and note how the algorithm allows the multi riff to begin in the prior measure before the edit and also extend beyond the ending measure of the edit. That can't be automatically done with a sample or loop as far as I'm aware and assures the edit should be seamless.

Attachments
audio and midi riffs to be used as verses.JPG

Riff with early start and add end.JPG

Edited by Charlie Fogle (06/25/19 08:17 PM)

#542809 - 06/25/19 08:23 PM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Multiriffs [Re: Matt Finley]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Here you go. From about five years ago.

RealBand: Multi Riff RealTrack Generation

#542849 - 06/26/19 04:04 AM [I want a video that shows me how to ....] Re: Multiriffs [Re: Matt Finley]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Thank you!
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile; [& 2020 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
#TBT - The Introduction of Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box!

We've just released Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and to celebrate we've put ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until June 30, 2020!

Xtra Styles PAKs were first introduced in August 2016, and required the Band-in-a-Box® 2016 and higher UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition.

You may notice that all of our Xtra Styles PAKs require the 'latest' UltraPAK or higher - this is because they utilize our complete (and at the time current) library of RealTracks and RealDrums.

What are Xtra Styles?
Xtra Styles are RealStyles created by our development team. They've taken our existing RealTracks and RealDrums collection and remixed them to make the new and unique arrangements heard with every new Xtra Styles PAK released.

These RealStyles are Band-in-a-Box® styles that only use RealTracks and RealDrums - the result: an incredible band to back you up and perform your songs

Xtra Styles PAKs are on SALE until June 30th!
Purchase the complete Xtra Styles PAKs library with over 1,400 RealStyles for the special price of $199 (reg. $349)

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

Mac user? Click here for demo and purchase links.

How-to Video: Section Text labels and Lyrics

Check out our special YouTube Channel, PG Music Inc. Support Videos, which is where we share videos our support team makes at the request of a customer, or to help out an existing customer issue.

The latest video, Band-in-a-Box How to: Section Text labels and Lyrics quickly walks you through section text labels and lyrics in Band-in-a-Box for Windows! Watch now...

Want to see a specific video? Share your request here.

#TipTuesday - Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates

We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Bundle!

Have you heard? We have NEW Band-in-a-Box Add-ons!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 will SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition!

200 NEW RealStyles have been added with Xtra Styles PAK 9 - 50 Rock-Pop, 50 Jazz, 50 Country, and 50 Folk & Beyond 2!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 100 NEW Loops and 50 NEW styles, and adds 2 new genres to our Loops-with-Style collection: gospel and funk!

Bundle both the Xtra Styles PAK 9 and Loops-with-Style PAK 2 into one convenient purchase, only $48 until June 30th! Click here to choose your purchase.

Mac user? Click here for your order links.

RealBand 2020 for Windows Updated Harmonies Feature!

The latest RealBand 2020 Update includes enhancements to the harmonies feature, improvements for audio recording, and more!

Click here to review and download this free update patch (build 4).

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9 Overview & Demos

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes 200 NEW RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and Folk & Beyond!

There are 50 new RealStyles for each genre, with MultiStyles included in each genre too!

Learn more about loading and using Xtra Styles PAK 9 in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for the 200 new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 9 with our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Xtra Styles PAK 9: Overview & Demos.

Add Xtra Styles PAK 9 to your band for just $29 until June 30th! Order here.

Windows user? Click here for Windows purchase links and details.

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Forum Stats
32240 Members
65 Forums
64457 Topics
546587 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jgmusic, Salsito, leif1000, Dupree, HMP

32239 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 219
VideoTrack 163