Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
or simply positive thoughts and energy...

Herb and his family could use whatever you've got...

He posted this in the Showcase. I doubt that many would see it there as it was at the end of his song thread... I think he would be okay with a re-post here...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

I apologize for such a short reply with so many responses in one post. I might be gone for a few days and wanted to get everyone in and responded to before I leave. Just found out my sister is in the ICU and is unconscious. They have her in an induced coma after being admitted and attempts to wake her this morning failed 2x. She passed out a few days ago after calling 911 and was not breathing when medics arrived. How long she was with O2 is the question no one knows. Keep us in your prayers and I'll see you soon.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Guitarhacker, you and your family are in our prayers.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

I hope that everything works out for your family and especially for your sister.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

I am so sorry to hear that... You and your family are in my thoughts.

Bob

Off-Topic
L
Expert
Expert
L
Sending positive thoughts. I hope your sister recovers soon.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

Your sister and family are in my thoughts and prayers. At my request, my church family of 170+ members have added all of you to the church wide prayer list.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Herb through this difficult time!

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hoping for the best, Herb.
Thanks for posting, Floyd.
Ed

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C

Praying for your sister and your family Herb.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
Praying for your extended family Herb.

(Thanks Floyd.)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I certainly do appreciate Floyd reposting this. And yes, we covet all the prayers and well wishes for our family in this crisis.

So.... let me fill you in and update you.

My sister couldn't breathe and called 911 before passing out. Police had to kick in her door at 10:30pm, and with 3 dogs in the house, find her. Fortunately the dogs were more bark than anything else. She was found in the bed upstairs unconscious and not breathing. The medics inserted a breathing tube and bagged her. She remained in a state of unconsciousness for a period of 4 days. They had her in an induced coma. Every time they tried to wake her up, one of two things happened. She either failed the tests... in other words, didn't start breathing on her own, or went ballistic on anyone there. She had kicked a nurse in the face in one of those episodes so she was put into restraints. I arrived on Saturday and she was semi-awake. She was coming and going despite the drugs as they were trying to reduce the drugs to get her back up to consciousness. She had no clue where she was, or who anyone in the room was during those brief and often violent periods of consciousness.

Sunday morning, there was a bit more lucidity among the craziness, and we understood that it was the drugs they were administering, that were doing the talking. After I got home yesterday, I got a text from my nephew telling me that Lisa had come to the surface and they had a 3 hr talk. 90% of that was coherent and she remembered up to the 911 call and passing out. The nurses and doctors removed the restraints and Lisa appeared to be doing well as of last night.

They are saying this entire episode is directly related to Lisa having emphysema and COPD...all in the more advanced stages and her not seeing a doctor to get it treated and under control. And yes, she smokes cigarettes. There's got to be some serious lifestyle changes in order for her to continue living. Stop smoking and see the doctor and get this treated.

As of last night she was still in the ICU but should be moved to a normal room shortly and hopefully, discharged some time this week.

Note.... as I was typing, I asked my nephew her status this morning.... She's thinking clearly, but very emotional. I think she know understands that she was dead when they found her and brought her back. A very close brush with death. She told her son, this morning, that she was going to sign herself out of the hospital tomorrow and go home. There's nothing to stop her from doing that if she is deemed to be in her right mind and if she remains rational and calm, they have no other choice.....

Very similar to my mom who had triple bypass at 80. Went home and after 2 days threw out all the medications they told her to take.... claimed it made her "feel funny". Refused to take anything but vitamins and herbal supplements. BTW... she lived to 96 yrs of age.

Thanks again everyone for the prayers.

EDIT:

Don't wait. Don't put things off. If there are people in your life you been away from and have been intending to go see or call..... do it ASAP. You never know when you, or they, will take their last breath.

Unfortunately, Ive missed the opportunity to see 2 friends in this manner. They both died before we could stop procrastinating.

So... if you have a bucket list..... get out there and do those things on that list before you "kick the bucket".

Call that friend, forgive the person you've held a grudge against, have lunch with that friend you haven't seen in ages. You will never regret taking the time to go and see them.... but you will regret it if you don't.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 07/01/19 02:37 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the information Herb. Hopefully your sister will start working toward resolving some of the health issues. Best wishes.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Glad to hear your sister is doing better.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
hi guitarhacker praying for your sister and family for good and accurate medical attention and quick recovery eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanx for updating us with this good news.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Just saw this - I'm glad you sister pulled through!

Cigarettes are extremely tough addiction to kick. Hopefully this will give her enough motivation for a sustained change.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
We wish her the speediest recovery possible and strength for a healthier life journey.

And best to you and all of the family through what we know is a tough time.

J&B

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Prayers lifted up and thanks for the update, Herb.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Herb,

Wonderful news so far. I hope the good news continues. Thoughts and prayers continuing.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I spoke with my sister today. She's coherent and out of ICU. They have her in a "normal" room and plan to place her in a rehab therapy unit to help her get back to where she needs to be to go home.

She said she remembered the 911 call but nothing else until late Sunday afternoon. She didn't remember me being there at all. But the good news is she's going to be alright.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
She said she remembered the 911 call but nothing else until late Sunday afternoon. She didn't remember me being there at all. But the good news is she's going to be alright.

Excellent....very glad to hear that.

Best to her on the recovery path and hope you, friends and family members are experiencing some stress relief.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Fabulous news Herb. Happy Fourth to you and your family.

Off-Topic
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Just saw this , great news about your sister. I'm glad she pulled through. Sending love and prayers god bless

Os Windows Biab 2018. studio one pro 3 ozone 8 focusrite 214 se electronics Gemini mic
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195