Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter, J&B,
Starting with the ending... WOW! I thought Janice had wrapped it up with that moody
"let`s roll" but you top it off with steamy guitar: a really sweet arrangement!
The lyrics on this are good - makes this non-jazzy guy curious about other versions.
Janice`s vocals are so right.
A fine,fine collaboration.

Robert

Thank you Robert. There are hundreds of versions of this and it seems they all have different lyrics!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Great collaboration...
The plaintive vocals from Janice...
Quality backing tracks, production, & mix...
Topped of with some mighty tasty guitar work...
All very well done on this classic!

Thanks Jim appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I also did not know this was PD... nice work

Thanks Herb.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Great collaboration...
The plaintive vocals from Janice...
Quality backing tracks, production, & mix...
Topped of with some mighty tasty guitar work...
All very well done on this classic!

Thank you Jim and that was, for sure, tasty guitar!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
PB&J,

Super all around.

Excellent arrangement. The upright (I assume?) is the perfect piano sound for this. The drums sound great. Good mix.

The guitar outro/solo is gorgeous - musical, lyrical!

The vocal is typical to-die-for-Janice-making-it-look-easy... Star.

Excellent.

fj

floyd

Thanks for the supportive review. Janice indeed does make it seem easy - and flawless.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I love this song. It has such a familiar sound to it. May have heard it in another arrangement a long time of it. Just couldn't put my finger on it. So glad you and Janice did it because it is a very neat song. Vocal was awesome and the backtrack was very cool. Drums were very cool. Such a neat mix.... Guitar was just perfect for the song. The solo just soared over the backtrack. So very well done. Great collaboration....

Thanks Scott appreciate the comments on the guitar playing it's a nice progression to play over.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Never heard it done better. Hey, J&B, is "Frankie and Johnny," PD ?? If it is, I have a request smile

Not sure but thanks for the suggestion.

Peter

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Absolutely stunning vocals, mix and production.
I was hoping that you would have went back to the verse..

"I went down to the St. James Infirmary
I saw my baby there
Laid out on a long white table
So young, so cold, so fair"

After the instrumental at the end to finish, would also love to hear you record your own backing vocals to accompany your lead vocals.

Again all round Fantastic.

Thanks

Thanks appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Hello Peter, fantastic choice of instrumentation on this. This sounds very full and rhythm is easy to follow. Great effects on the vocals. Nice work!

Thanks Joe.

Peter

User Showcase
H
Journeyman
Journeyman
H
Hi Peter
I have I to say Im not a big fan of blues but I can appreciate a well put together song and this is really great .The vocals and Electric guitar are super .The drums are excellent into the chorus and instrumental.Very pro production .You should be very proud Peter and Janice of this superb song.H
Lets Roll.........

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Herb. There are websites devoted to trying to discover the origins of this song. Fascinating stuff.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Made me sweat. Janice sounds wonderful twisting the blues. "Let's roll" indeed, right back into that tasty guitar we'd had just a nibble off before. What a way to take it out.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really great collaboration you guys!

Thanks Ember

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Loved it.

Thanks Ray

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
PB&J,

Super all around.

Excellent arrangement. The upright (I assume?) is the perfect piano sound for this. The drums sound great. Good mix.

The guitar outro/solo is gorgeous - musical, lyrical!

The vocal is typical to-die-for-Janice-making-it-look-easy... Star.

Excellent.

fj

Thank you so much. This was a FUN project and I’m happy you like it!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I've heard literally scores of versions, this was one of the best.

Thanks.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Peter / Janice & Bud.
Super cool! A lot of drive in this tune. Janice, excellent vocals! (a bit jealous again smile ).
Peter, guitar playing is great and you got some signature tube sound, which I initially thought was a bit dry, but when solo came in I totally got the texture you were after. Production is top tier. Congrats to you all and thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks a lot Misha, appreciate the comments on the guitar tone.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I love this song. It has such a familiar sound to it. May have heard it in another arrangement a long time of it. Just couldn't put my finger on it. So glad you and Janice did it because it is a very neat song. Vocal was awesome and the backtrack was very cool. Drums were very cool. Such a neat mix.... Guitar was just perfect for the song. The solo just soared over the backtrack. So very well done. Great collaboration....

Thank you Scott. Bud and I have listened to many versions of this over the years and it was a pleasant surprise when Peter suggested it for a collab.

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Wow. smile

Good is so many ways.

I expected Janice's sultry vocals and excellent production, and was not disappointed. Piano sounds great.

I didn't expect the guitar solo - icing on top of an already scrumptious cake.

Very much appreciated David.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
excellent cover, great song!

Janice, super vocals

the mix is top notch

Peter, I've never noticed before but I heard some ec (eric) influence in those solos

fine playing

I've been watching Peaky Blinders (early 1900s English crime drama)

and this song would fit in beautifully.

btw, I've played this one before, years ago in a club band.

I was just the quiet bass player in the background.

Kenny

Appreciate all those positive comments.
EC - Janice / Bud often comment on my Clapton influences, been listening to him for a long time.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
This is one of my favorite songs and you really kicked butt (PC version) on this!

The arrangement was perfect. The mix was perfect. Janice's vocal and Peter's guitar were phenomenal!

This version is as good as or better than most of the commercial versions that I have heard.

You all should be very proud of this one.

Mario thanks for those very nice comments.
Peter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195