You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#544860 - 07/10/19 10:20 AM [User Showcase] The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/the-miner-zu-zu-zarolen

After some difficulty streaming other's songs, I've uploaded an Mp3 version "private". It's also a slightly modified mix, but take your pick.

https://soundcloud.com/user-47797156/the-miner-zu-zu-zarolen-1/s-pcjlD

****** Song Summary *************
Key=Cm , Tempo 90, Length (m:s)=3:30
Style is _NRTROCK.STY (Northern Rock Swing 16ths)

RealTracks in style: 1191:Bass, Electric, NorthernRock Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 625:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Rascal Sw 075
RealTracks in style: 875:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockFuzzyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 878:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittyA-B Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:RockNorthern^4-a:Snare, Loose HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Various Super-Midi tracks re-patched to Soft-Synths for choirs, bells, percussion and sitar.

Recorded and "cleaned" in Acid Pro. Primary mix in Reaper. No track escaped FX. On the vocals I used ReaTune (it didn't do much), used bits of multiple takes as doublers, and did every trick I could think of to make them "interesting" while still making them understandable. My mom once told me that if I couldn't make it beautiful, then accentuate the ugly and call it art.

The song (and thus the title) were simply inspired by the initial attempt to write a song in support of a Harmonic Minor scale. Minor >>> Miner. It's a song about my life at present, in an overblown and over-produced rock setting. It's also a small monument to a moment of necessary temporary insanity.

Blue Attitude Dave plays the lead guitar. He told me what he charged per lick, I gave him my budget, and he did the rest. It "made" the song for me and I can no longer imagine it without his play. He went kinda sitarish, to my ears. I love the man.

Vocals and harmonies by me. The Jane-ettes were not out of my price range, but are out of my league...so we all have to live with it.

A guy on Fiverr provided the libraries for the midi tracks.

I got into it quickly due to a comment by Deryk on the "instrumental" version, leaving off a full-fledged intro.

I won't be explaining the chorus (and subtitle). To do so thoroughly is more than I want to divulge. To do so simply would just ruin the Rock Pomposity. "To me, the words are nice the way they sound."--James Taylor

Enjoy, if possible.

The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)

I mined your mind
Diggin' all I find
Your mine ain't dark
Always that spark
Our thoughts aligned

Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen feh
Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen

Diggin' deep
Riches reap
I'm working hard when I'm awake
And make it harder when you sleep
Shovel and pick
Don't miss a lick
Oh, the hours a miner must keep.

In danger of pain
Pushing that train.
Better get bold
Better than gold
Followin' that vein.

Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen feh
Zu Zu zarolen feh
Chi Chi zarolen

Diggin' deep
Riches reap
I'm working hard when we're awake
And take it harder when we sleep
Shovel and pick
Won't miss a lick
Oh, the hours a miner must keep.

Edited by Tangmo (07/12/19 12:34 AM)
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#544866 - 07/10/19 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Tangmo,

A truly interesting piece of music. Very original.

The bass and drums are solid throughout. The background stuff (choirs, bells, etc) are very cool.

Dave's guitar work is stellar (as always).

The chorus is a real ear-worm. Catchy as all-get-out... The vocal there is really "hot" in my speakers. I kept reaching to turn it down at that point... could do with some "softening"...

Cool stuff. and, again, really original!! Enjoyed it.

"My mom once told me that if I couldn't make it beautiful, then accentuate the ugly and call it art." - HA! What a great line!!

#544875 - 07/10/19 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Quote:
A guy on Fiverr provided the libraries for the midi tracks.

Sounds a bit like a clandestine meeting with the local drug dealer! wink

Nice work creating something from just about nothing! As much it pains my inner songwriter, James is exactly right - it's more important that it sounds good than that it makes sense. Sususudio.

An interesting listen - lots of ear candy to enjoy! I liked it. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#544900 - 07/10/19 07:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Expert

That was a wild one!
Tangmo + Dave,
Congrats on this interesting and unusual piece! Loved it! Definitely outside the box. Very different from other tunes from your collection. Super catchy.
Dave can not spoil the song, he can only make it better! Dave, nice playing!
Enjoyed it much!

P.S. I wish vocals would be a little louder.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

#544946 - 07/11/19 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Virginia USA
Unusual and captivating song. You kept my interest from beginning to end. Love Dave's guitar work and the instrumental break at 3:23. Cool all around. This would have been an FM classic back in the day.

#544965 - 07/11/19 09:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Ahh so this is where the sitar was required. I enjoyed the strange stuff you dug out of your mine here. All the effects aren`t too much on the vocal - I wouldn`t have recognised your voice but the sound fits... as does Dave`s (priceless!)guitar track.
The only nit is I `m going to be singing that Zu Zu/Chi Chi line all day.
More ugly art like this, please!

Robert

#544971 - 07/11/19 09:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Joe -PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Good job Tangmo! Very rockin' tune and has attitude behind it. Well done!

#544972 - 07/11/19 10:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Definitely an original song, the lyrics and vocals made me smile smile That chorus is really like something a miner would sing while working, catchy and hypnotic. Great soloing. Many nice little details, especially the choir and the break.

Janne

#545017 - 07/11/19 01:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
Definitely a great hypnotic collaboration...
And you indeed kept the tune "interesting"...
Tasty guitar licks (must have cost you a fortune smile )...
An unusual middle section & ending...
Hypnotic chants...
Wow...
What's not to like!

#545101 - 07/12/19 03:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my very small part in this very cool song, and thanks to Tangmo for inviting me along for the ride!

Blue Attitude Website

#545252 - 07/12/19 11:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

Thank you, Gentlemen (and Joe, too). Clearly you all have thick hides for ugly vocals and pomposity.

And thanks again, Dave.
BIAB 2019 Audiophile. Windows 10. Former user of old version. Prefer creating while learning over learning before creating. Passable, intermediate level acoustic rhythm guitar player. Songwriter, lyricist, composer loving all styles.

#545329 - 07/13/19 11:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Cool song.....weird but creative and intriguing!! Sonically, it is very interesting.....cool vocal tricks, and some wonderful guitar by Dave!! Like the sitar thing....ever since George brought that into rock. Very cool stuff!! Take care. Greg

#545501 - 07/14/19 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune. Such and original sound. Super vocal and backtrack. Dave's guitar was an excellent add to the song. He just nailed the solo. Very cool tone...

#545513 - 07/14/19 09:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
gruverider Offline
Expert

I listened to the "private" version. I'm a big fan of the abstract and this certainly has that in spades!

Dave's presence's is certainly felt and welcome.

What can I say except "engaging"!

#545634 - 07/15/19 10:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Interesting , and entertaining. Liked it, especially those obscure lyrics and of course Daves excellent guitar playing.
Nicely done.

Peter

#545661 - 07/16/19 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really well done smile It's a really engaging song, and those abstract lyrics instantly caught my ear. Very unique and really a breath of fresh air. Really well textured too and your vocals on this are top notch.

Thanks for sharing!

#545672 - 07/16/19 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, James !

I also found this tune
most interesting in
every aspect including
the super original instros
that you brought forward so
well ! Dave´s lead is really
superb too !:))

Cheers
Dani

#545679 - 07/16/19 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA

Wow! This is way different, to our ears, from anything either of you have posted. So collabing on it made it even more different.
And by that we mean different in a great manner.

It's hard to envision how many tracks this must have taken including RTs, the RD, Dave, all the vocal tracks and the MST's.

No doubt a LOT of contemplation and work went into the production.

We oft mention how we enjoy "connect the dots yourself" lyrics and this is a fine example. Plenty of cool imagery yet leaving room for everybody who listens to add their own.

Whatever Dave charged for those licks was well worth it smile A great addition.

And for us who think vocal processing only is a smidgeon of reverb and compression it would be fascinating to know the number of tracks and what they were run through.

Intriguing and fun y'all!

J&B
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#545721 - 07/16/19 08:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Janice & Bud]
Tangmo Offline
Journeyman

Thanks all for the listens and encouraging comments. Yes, this is indeed different from most things I've done before, BIAB or not. I love rock music, but I am no rock singer.

Though I opened the program with the thought of trying out a chord progression idea, I didn't have it written down. I kinda found my way within BIAB, auditioning chords as I went. So, obviously, there was a lot of "regenerating" in the beginning. Thankfully, after I had a progression worked out, the last "regeneration" produced this set of rhythmic licks that hooked me.

Unfortunately, the "song" hadn't really been written at the time. I "heard" a simple rock melody and knew that if there was going to be a lyric, it would be delivered with short phrases that played against the rhythm of the two electric guitars (primarily) so as not to "cover them up" and to get a vocal that acted as a rhythmic call-and-response to accentuate them instead.

The ZuZu chorus came first, as that which inspired it was fresh in my mind. The rest of "lyric" was mostly a bunch of nonsense (cauliflower, if you remember that thread) that held the "rhythm of the words" and the basic melody.

It's kinda dangerous with BIAB to fall in love with a certain set of licks (especially when they come from more than one instrument) before a song is fully developed. It's hard to "multi-riff" for two instruments playing well together. Maybe one day there will be a way to "preserve" some things even if generation is necessary as the song develops. But I jealously guarded those licks and pasted together in DAW the final structure of the song.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

And for us who think vocal processing only is a smidgeon of reverb and compression it would be fascinating to know the number of tracks and what they were run through.

J&B

J&B, once I have the "rhythm of the words" in my soul, I can record multiple takes easily with only slight variations. I'm not quite so consistent in actually hitting the notes dead on. Here, there were three main vocal tracks (besides the harmonies) consisting of the entire song. The third was the "best" overall.

I had to run a noise gate on all of them as there is just too much computer and room/ambient noise in what passes for my "studio". I did this in Acid Pro where I also recorded. I've not yet figured out how to record in reaper. Every attempt so far has resulted in the backing tracks getting bounced to the new track with no vocal at all. In addition to the noise gate(s), I manually tamped down the worst of the "plosives" and more "evened out" the levels between the various sections.

Those tracks went to Reaper. Mostly I used the third (best) take. I did a pretty "strong" hi-pass/lo-cut EQ filter and my best stab at compression, and finished with a light delay rather than a reverb. I used pieces of the other two takes to "double/triple" certain sections, but my EQ, compression, and delay/reverb settings were different for each.

Stacking them (rhythmically close, and Note-wise not too far afield) in slightly different stereo positions and at different volumes gives a lightly flanged, lightly-delayed, lightly spread effect without the use of any bus-effects.

Bud, I can't see you ever having to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear Janice vocal like I have to do, but you've maybe encountered the issue of when to "stop" with the process. For me, that's when attempts to "improve" begin to make other things worse. Then it's time to put it to bed and say "this is the best I can do with my tools and skills with them at present. It may be ugly, but I'll call it art.

I know Dave loves the blues and plays lights-out, but I also know he knows how to "phrase" and not just noodle. So it was no surprise to me (except the pleasant kind) how great he sounded plugged into DAW the first time. Even he didn't escape the "restructuring" I did in DAW, but his long solos are intact as he played them. All I did was carve out a little EQ and "verb" him a bit. I listen for licks and tone, so I'll leave it to others to contemplate on his place in the mix.

I'd love to send the dry edited stems to a more experienced and capable "mixer", but I don't think I'd want to send the base tracks and say "make a song". I love wearing that hat.

Edited by Tangmo (07/16/19 08:40 PM)

#545888 - 07/18/19 09:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: The Miner (Zu Zu Zarolen)--ft. Blue Attitude Dave [Re: Tangmo]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Oh yes, Tangmo, it was possible to enjoy!

Very interesting - Misha is right: It's WILD! And I love everything about that wildness. Great vox, excellaent axe playing by Blue Attitude. a very interesting and enjoyable listen!

Take care,

Stefan

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

Did you know... all Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship preinstalled on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2019: $279
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $299

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2019: $379
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $399

Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.

Our Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition ships preinstalled on a USB 3.0 hard drive too!
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition $669
Upgrade from Version 2019: $479
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $499
Upgrade from ANY previous Audiophile Edition: $299

We're at The NAMM Show!

Heading to The NAMM Show? Make sure you stop by Booth 1015 (Hall E) - we'll be doing product demonstrations every hour, with some RealTracks Artists popping in for performances with Band-in-a-Box too!

Click here for more information about The NAMM Show, held in Anaheim California at the Anaheim Convention Center.

It's Almost Over - Order by January 15th to SAVE on Xtra Styles PAKs & Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

NEW products for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

--SPECIAL PRICING ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL JANUARY 15TH!--

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until January 15th (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Windows User? Choose from these links: Xtra Styles PAKs | Loops-with-Style PAK 1

Built-in Audio Chord Wizard Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows version includes some great enhancements to the Built-in Audio Chord Wizard!

-The built-in Audio Chord Wizard is now accessible from the [Audio Chord Wizard] button.
-The Audio Edit window now displays chords and tempos for each bar. They are shown when the Audio Chord Wizard mode is active so that you can see the tempo for each bar as you set the bar lines.
-When you start entering bar lines, the program automatically sets the tempo to the tempo of the first bar.
-Once the tempo of the first bar is set, the program automatically moves the location of the first bar of audio over so that the visual space of the count-in bars is visible.
-After you’ve added the bar lines, IF you adjust the first or second bar and the tempo of the first bar changes accordingly, the program automatically changes the tempo of the song to match.
-Multi-window display. This gives the Audio Chord Wizard a multi-window view so that you can see and edit both the Audio Edit window and the Chords Sheet at the same time. This display is best viewed with a small toolbar mode. This allows you to see the chords as they are being interpreted by the wizard.
-The Audio Chord Wizard can send the transcribed MIDI notes to the Soloist track for further analysis by the user (via Piano Roll or Notation window). Note that this is a "snapshot" view every 8th note of the pitches present, not an attempt at polyphonic transcription. To use this feature, enable the "MIDI to Soloist" check box.

Read more about these enhancements here, or jump to the New Feature - Audio Chord Wizard (ACW) Enhancements section of our New Features video here.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows® Special ENDS January 15th!!!

IT'S YOUR LAST WEEKEND TO SAVE UP TO 50% ON YOUR BAND-IN-A-BOX® UPGRADE!

Our SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases ends January 15, 2020, so there is still some time to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows with over 50 new features, plus the 202 New RealTracks, new RealStyles, 15 new MIDI SuperTracks, 170 new Instrumental Studies, 30 new MIDI Styles, 280 RealDrums Transcriptions, the 2020 Free Bonus PAK, 2020 49-PAK, and new Xtra Styles PAK 8!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Patch Update Available! (Build 643)

Still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows? Build 643 is a free update full of updates for version 2019, and includes a VST DAW Plugin update to 1.16.29.

Learn more and download here. | Direct download

Note: this patch is not intended to update your version to the recently released Band-in-a-Box® 2020, which is available for purchase here.

Summary of Changes for Version 2019 Build 643 (Jan 14 2020):
Fixed: Practice window | Master Solos | Blues Piano, displays N/A.
Fixed: The Drop Station would not update if dropping a file onto Presonus Studio One.
Fixed: Possible freeze when importing compressed audio files.
Fixed: Crash with error "external exception C06D007F" while launching if using Windows XP.
Fixed: Access violation in Song Titles browser if no song is selected when clicking [Close].
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash during bootup if there is a problem with font installation (usually after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash during bootup if an ASIO driver was previously selected, and the device is no longer connected to the computer.
Fixed: If an ASIO driver cannot connect during bootup, the default WAS driver should be used instead.
Improved: BootupLog.txt will include more elaborate information when troubleshooting bootup problems. This only applies if WriteBootUpLog.txt is present in the Data folder.
Fixed: RealTracks #2975 (Vocal Oohs-Aahs) sometimes played incorrect chords for m7b5 and C7.
Fixed: Some bars for the B section of RT 2529 were dropping out.
Fixed: Some Bass and Nylon Guitar RealTracks (including 2718, 2724, 2722, 2725, 2719) have RealCharts added.
Fixed: Several Piano and Organ MIDI SuperTracks have been edited to remove spurious MIDI events (e.g. mod wheel sometimes caused 'warbling' effect).
Updated: PDF and help (routine cleanup/updaes).
Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when opening a song that contains note-based lyrics.
Fixed: Lyrics would not display in the Big Lyrics if "Show chord symbols above the lyrics" was enabled.
Fixed: Bar Lyrics and Section Text layers do not line up with bars in Notation window if there are repeats in song, and fake sheet mode is enabled.
Fixed: Possible crash if editing a text layer while using the floating Notation Window.
Fixed: "There is no audio file currently recorded" error message when using Audio > Plugin.
Fixed: If using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box, the BB2Go window would display an erroneous QuickTime version, and converting files to .m4a would fail. QuickTime is only available for the 32 bit version, but is only required if using Windows Vista or earlier.
Fixed: Sforzando might not automatically be added to the VST list, causing Hi-Q patch selection to fail.
Fixed: [Video] > Render Video(s)... menu item should launch the Make Chordsheet Video dialog if Video RealTracks export is not available.
Fixed: When choosing a compressed format for rendering files, and "One file per track" is enabled, the resulting files are .wav format instead of the compressed format.
Fixed: Dragging a single track to export MIDI causes that track to be permanently soloed.
Fixed: The About dialog said 'for Macintosh' instead of 'for Windows'.
Fixed: StylePicker: User Category list wasn't refreshing after choosing a new user category.
Changed: Default the 'include similar styles in the stylepicker' to false each bootup.
Fixed: melodists were getting quantized incorrectly.
Fixed: Rebuilding styles list was causing errors sometimes.
Fixed: Clicking OK in the MIDI/Audio Driver Setup dialog should not close the floating Mixer window.
Fixed: Applying audio effects using Audio > Plugins would fail with error "Plugin cancelled. Original file is preserved".
Fixed: Audio will not import to a custom position if there is already audio on the Audio track.
Fixed: Audio > Edit Audio > Timeshift Audio would crash the program if the Audio Edit window was not open.
Fixed: Close button in Select chorus start/end dialog should behave like Cancel, ie user clicking on bar afterwards shouldn't do anything.
Fixed: Wrong notes on Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.16.29:
Fixed: bounds when highlighting in chord sheet
Fixed: make selected cell at the end after pasting
Fixed: some styles not dragging all tracks from blue button
Fixed: losing focus in chord sheet
Fixed: plugin stops playing non-synced tracks when closing and then opening plugin
Fixed: track text not resizing correctly
Fixed: C#7b5b9b13 to chord sheet
Fixed: Audio stutters when resizing plugin in some DAWs
Fixed: auto gen after open feature not working in Studio One 4
Fixed: Open dialog in infinite loop
Fixed: Alert window buttons "punch hole" when pressed
Fixed: distortion when stopping playback in pro tools
Fixed: Verify folders before each call to Biab
Fixed: Send space bar keystrokes to DAW
Fixed: Added message if attempting to drag tracks before generating
Fixed: Transpose not working
Added: shift-arrows to select in chord sheet
Added: SHIFT-TAB to go backwards in chord sheet, TAB to go forward
Added: SHIFT-ENTER to go backwards in chord sheet
Added: copy selected cell if nothing highlighted
Added: support for all Biab file types

New Left-Handed & Student View Guitar Window in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, the Guitar window has been remade and now supports the left-handed (in addition to right-handed) guitar and student view!

The student view is the view a student (or YouTube video watcher) would have of the (right-handed) guitar facing him with the head at the right and low notes at the top. There's also a left-handed student view, so all 4 possible views are supported.

To change the view, press the [Guitar] toolbar button to open the Guitar window and then the [Settings] button.

See this new feature in action when you jump to the "Left-Handed & Student View Guitar Fretboard" topic in our 2020 New Features video: Click here...

Forum Stats
30969 Members
63 Forums
61999 Topics
523726 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Flemming 9806, Aaron Short, Guitardon1947, ianmak, GospelDW256

30968 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 261
MarioD 178