Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I should have waited until tomorrow to ask the question, "Did anyone go see "Yesterday, yesterday?" but I didn't.

Anyhow, the movie release date is today in the US.+++ Yesterday Movie Website +++

The Story

Yesterday, everyone knew The Beatles. Today, only Jack remembers their songs. He’s about to become a very big deal. From Academy Award®-winning director Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting, 28 Days Later) and Richard Curtis, the Oscar-nominated screenwriter of Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually and Notting Hill, comes a rock-n-roll comedy about music, dreams, friendship, and the long and winding road that leads to the love of your life.

Jack Malik (Himesh Patel) is a struggling singer-songwriter in a tiny English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie (Lily James). Then, after a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed … and he finds himself with a very complicated problem, indeed.

Performing songs by the greatest band in history to a world that has never heard them, and with a little help from his steel-hearted American agent, Debra (Emmy winner Kate McKinnon), Jack’s fame explodes. But as his star rises, he risks losing Ellie — the one person who always believed in him. With the door between his old life and his new closing, Jack will need to get back to where he once belonged and prove that all you need is love.

Featuring 17 new versions of The Beatles’ most beloved hits.

Cast
Himesh Patel, Lily James, Ed Sheeran, Kate McKinnon

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Whenever I see the trailer on TV I get a smile on my face just hearing the tunes. So yes, I should be going, but when will I get the time...

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I want to see it. I'm off work on July 5th, so may go then.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
17 new versions of the Beatles songs?? Definitely on my "going to see list"!

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi All
I afraid not and I wont be going !
As dare I say it I never liked the Beatles stuff. blush
There are a couple from the Sgnt Pepper album, and some of Johns later work but the early pop hits I find irritating and looking for the off switch. mad

Mike smile

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
...There are a couple from the Sgnt Pepper album, and some of Johns later work but the early pop hits I find irritating and looking for the off switch. mad

Interesting viewpoint, Mike. There's no right or wrong way, but do you feel like you might be in the minority with that stance?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
...There are a couple from the Sgnt Pepper album, and some of Johns later work but the early pop hits I find irritating and looking for the off switch. mad

Interesting viewpoint, Mike. There's no right or wrong way, but do you feel like you might be in the minority with that stance?

Yes I do, I think it may have been down to over exposure in the UK, but songs like Please please me Yellow submarine and Help
or even Michael drive me nuts,
Mike smile

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Actually I'm in Mike's camp. I liked the St. Pepper album and some after that but I didn't like their earlier stuff.

When the British invasion happened I was into The Animals, The Stones, The YardBirds and John Mayall & The Blues Breakers. YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I might when it comes to Netflix (via the mail - I don't have cable or an antenna)

I liked a lot of the Beatles songs and didn't like others.

The premise of the is a little silly to me. The Beatles were a function of their era, and their songs wouldn't be received the same way in any other era.

They were in the right place at the right time and with the right connections. If they came around in the 1940s or early 2000s they wouldn't have been as huge and there would be no Beatlemania.

But it's a way to recycle the songs and movies are fantasies anyway so if I decide to watch it, I won't let the premise get in the way.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I enjoy watching most movies where music is a dominate force. Somebody will have a brainstorm one day and start a music movie channel. There is such a rich history of music related movies. The Fred Astaire movies, singing cowboy movies (Roy Rogers, Tex Ritter, Gene Autry for example), movies with musician cameos (anyone notice Hoagy Carmichael singing to Lauren McCall while Humphrey Bogart drowns in booze at the bar in "To Have And Have Not"), the 1960s Beach Party movies, and biographies.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
<...snip...> Somebody will have a brainstorm one day and start a music movie channel. <...>

Great idea! It might be enough to get me to watch TV again wink

Add Battleship Potemkin and other 'silent' movies with great scores to the list.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'd like to see it, but not sure if I want to see it on the Big Screen or not yet. I saw Rocketman recently and I've been dying to go see it again before it's out of theaters. We shall see. Maybe I can make it a double feature.

Cheers,
Ember
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
While we are on the subject...

I saw the Freddy Mercury\Queen movie on the plane. Very disappointed. Likely due to the poor sound quality sitting with earbuds in middle seat. Or it could have been the Queen story was just dull! crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I definitely want to see it.

I'll wait until it's on netflix though. I'm not a big fan of going to the movie theatres, too many commercials before the movies starts.

Off-Topic
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
While we are on the subject...

I saw the Freddy Mercury\Queen movie on the plane. Very disappointed. Likely due to the poor sound quality sitting with earbuds in middle seat. Or it could have been the Queen story was just dull! crazy
They changed a lot of facts in order to make the story more "interesting" to. The music was good though, so I think the earbuds might have been the culprit there!

Cheers,
Ember
Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I was ambivalent about the Beatles until I started writing lots of songs. Once that started I began to appreciate all of the nuance and clever tricks they used to keep the hits cranking out. I probably won’t see this movie until it hits Netflix because the whole premise of the movie seems to be played out in the trailer.

I think Notes has a good point that so many of the songs are of a time and wouldn’t be the megabits for the ages if they were introduced today. But others are timeless and with a big personality could have been introduced today to great success.

What if all of the music inspired by the Beatles sounds never existed and their tricks were just now getting introduced?

For a big list of the tricks, an online friend hosts a website called The Beatles Songwriting Academy and he has a list of “Tickets to Write” which you should definitely check out. Try some of them on your own.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
--No Spoilers--

I saw it. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was going to run a typical plot line; and it didn't. There was certainly a gasp worthy moment...as that was what I heard the audience do. I thought it was well thought out.

I hope that helps with almost saying nothing...I should write for politicians trying to get elected. smile

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Went to see it at the theater. Big bus outside was giving two free tickets if I gave blood. So I decided to step in and then to wait till the next day and go with my free ticket.

No Spoilers...

Well, I loved it. I am not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes at time. The music is wonderful and so is the story. If you are an aspiring song writer you will love it too. And yes I am a big Beatles fan. But this is one cool story.

The only problem was I drank a huge frozen coke (A medium) which cost me over $7 and twice I had to run to the bathroom during the show. I will have to see it again for the few minutes I missed.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I saw it and loved it. The music was great, and there were quite a number of humorous moments.

I liked that it didn't end with it all being a dream, which has been used too many times.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
I liked that it didn't end with....

jford, no spoilers....

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,588
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193