Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Everyone,

I usually enter melody lines using the editable notation screen and I have never had any problem hearing them. All of a sudden I can´t hear them when I create a new song. The funny thing is they are playing (as indicated by turning red while the song plays) AND if I export the song as a midi file, the melody plays in the exported midi.
The melody is enabled in the mixer and the volume is on. I can hear all the other tracks. I have tried changing the song style with the same results; I can hear the drums, bass, etc, but never the melody track.

Any ideas?

Thanks a million!

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi DSJ,

So that we can better appreciate what might be happening, could you please post an image of your BIAB desktop?

This will show us many of your settings and how they're set and will be invaluable with helping to home in on your problem.

If you are not sure how to post and image, follow the instructions that I put together at the link below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=472139#Post472139

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I followed the instructions to post an image, but for some reason, the FIle Manager never appears. frown

Anyway, I uploaded an screen shot to a website: I hope you all can see it! Band in a box error

[img:left]https://www.reelspace.es/band-in-a-box-error-messages[/img]

Do you need more images?

Thanks!

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I see two images, but I do not see an error message.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
....right! There is no error message. The melody functions in all respects, but no sound comes out. But as you can see on the mixer screenshot, the track is enabled and the volume is on. I can hear all the other tracks, so it´s not a global problem with the sound, and when I export the song to midi, the melody that I couldn´t hear in BiaB is loud and clear on the exported midi.....

Any ideas?

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
What are your MIDI settings in BiaB, especially are you using a VSTi?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-07-12_05-20-37.jpg (103.5 KB, 107 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
DSJ,

Under the "Options" menu, there is an option called "Return to factory settings". This is a good starting place. Choose the option for 'MOST' settings as this will keep your audio and midi driver setup in place.

Also, have you tried writing a melody on the Soloist track to see if it plays?

Lastly, I notice that you have "LoopScn" active (it's above the staff on the right of the note name option). I wonder if this might be looping the leading section and not the notation section. Try deactivating this and see what happens.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
....I think we are heading in the right direction! Apperently I don´t have the CoyoteWT set up. WHen I open Options/Midi-Audio Driver set up, I get the error message that the Coyote is not set up.

I then followed the instructions for set up, it apperently installed correctly according to the final set up dialog box. I then rebooted, but for some reason when I opened Band in a Box again, and checked the midi drivers, Coyote was NOT installed. I repeated the process several times, but each time I opened Biab after rebooting, Coyote was NOT installed.

Here is my current midi set up screen shot:

I tried resetting the Factory Settings as well (the MOST option) but it didn´t allow me to hear the missing melody and it slowed the other sounds down to about 1/8th their real sound. I undid the change

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Band in a box July 12 2.png (167.54 KB, 86 downloads)
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi again,

Thanks for the graphic. It helps a great deal.

Have a look at the link below and set up your midi driver exactly as I have. The information you need is under the heading "Secondly...."

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461558#Post461558

The settings that you need to pay attention to are those numbered 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 on the middle of the three images (i.e. IMAGE 2).

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
....ok. Making great progress. Thanks for all the help. I just have one little glitch left to go. I can´t seem to get Coyote to load. Although I intall it through the Help menu and reboot, it never actually installs after the rebbot. I have implamented all the steps but number 6 in image 2. Here is what I see:

Band in a box July 12 3.png (125.06 KB, 78 downloads)
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
DSJ1, are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version of BiaB? If you are running the 64 bit version, try launching the 32 bit version and see if Coyote is installed.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Tagging on to Videotrack's, comments...

Also make sure that you have the latest update. This includes CoyoteWT for 64-bit as well.

The latest update is found at the below URL

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Lastly, CoyoteWT is a DXi softsynth. This means that it's read from Windows registry. With this in mind, it would be a good idea to fully restart your computer just to make sure that the latest registry is read into the operating system.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello,

1. I don´t know if I am running a 32 or 64 bit version of biab. I looked in Help/About and I see that my computer is 32, but I don´t see the bit version of biab specified there. I see: Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2017 (471)

2. I tried to run the latest update but I got an error message that I am posting below.

3. After trying to install coyote as instructed before, I shut down and then powered up my computer as instructed, but with negative results.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Band in a box July 13 1.png (208.21 KB, 66 downloads)
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the added information.

As the saying goes, the devil is in the detail.

If you have BIAB 2017 then update 471 (which shows in the brackets after 2017) is the latest update. The reason that the update you downloaded won't install is because it requires BIAB 2019.

BIAB 2017 definitely had CoyoteWT.

Probably the best way to install it, given that you've tried without success so far, is to re-install the BIAB and Realband program file. This will be called something like...

• Band-in-a-box and Realband 2017.exe

It will be around 1500 MB (1.5 GB) in size.

If you have registered your version of BIAB with PG Music, log-in into your Sales Account, go to My Products, and the files for BIAB 2017 will be there for you to download if you need to.

Now that I know that you have 2017, re-installing the above file would be the best starting place.

Also, if you download the file from the PG Music site, BIAB will be the latest build (471) and so too will Realband (Build 8). By contrast, if you use your version of the software, BIAB and RB will most likely need to be updated to the above builds after you've installed them.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
...ok. I understand. Do I need to unisntall my current BiaB before downloading and installing the version that you suggested?

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DSJ1
...ok. I understand. Do I need to unisntall my current BiaB before downloading and installing the version that you suggested?

I have always installed straight over the top of the current version.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
D
DSJ1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
BINGO!

The update did it and everything is working again!

Many, many thanks!

Musically,

DSJ

Beginners Forum
L
Expert
Expert
L
What an amazing bunch of guys! You've got to hand it to the BIAB forum. Solving a problem on an old version - no mean feat.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 Build 19042.487
BIAB 2021 (Build 818)
Intel(R) Core(TM), i3-4160, CPU @3.60 GHz RAM 16 GB, 64 Bit X64-based processor
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
By the way, BIAB 2017 is a 32-bit program.

You said your computer was 32-bit also. The way to verify this is Control Panel, System. If you do indeed have a 32-bit Windows, you can still upgrade to BIAB 2019; it has both 32 and 64-bit versions. You would be limited to the 32-bit version on a 32-bit Windows, but as of now there is no practical difference except for plugins you might use.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: DSJ1
BINGO!

The update did it and everything is working again!

Many, many thanks!

Musically,

DSJ

Excellent! I'm glad to read that your back up and running smile

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195