#545977 07/19/19 06:33 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
If I have a song with a specific style and I know of a style I want to substitute How do I do it? Can't I just type in _SWOON somewhere and have it pop up instead of having to scroll thru a hundred styles to find it

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Yes. I think you can.

I entered _SWOON into the BIAB StylePicker filter string box after clearing the list and it found the _SWOON Style with the only other entry being the current selection that I have set to -on- in my preferences. Make sure the Include Similar box is unchecked.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 07/19/19 07:06 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Charlie, I tried what you said. I made a list of about 10 styles I thought promising when I inputed the song over the weekend. Now I want to change the style. If I put a style in as you say it works if the style has an = sign before the style. If the style has an _ it doesn't work. Inputting _SWOON as you did doesn't work. I only upgraded last week and I have been having problems with it seems the upgrade. Do you think it would help to reinstall the software. I am unsure of doing this because of the problems I have corrected already. BIll

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Bill,

Entering _SWOON works here OK.

Two things to try:

1: Try pressing the Clear button first

2: Perform a rebuild of the Styles and RealTracks (Rebuild button at the bottom of the StylePicker form)

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-07-20_04-56-24.jpg (59.13 KB, 201 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Hello bmolle,

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) and to the forum!

Are you using a non English language keyboard setting? I believe the BiaB program expects keyboard input code from a standard 104 key keyboard. I suspect your keyboard does not have the underline character "_" in a standard keyboard location so the two digit code sent from your keyboard to the program is not the two digit code transmitted by a standard 104 key keyboard. This sometimes happens with laptops that don't have a full set of keys.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Doesn't do it. Still the same as before. I cant find any styles that I previously wrote down that begin with _. I got all the Biab CDs yesterday and I am going to try overwriting the program. You guys are great. Thanks. PGMusic tech support sucks and always has.

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Bill,
What happens if you omit the leading underscore and just type the letters 'SWO' ?
Do you see the style in the list (as shown in the attachment below)?

What package did you purchase (Pro, MegaPak, UltraPak etc)?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-07-20_18-22-32.jpg (73.79 KB, 164 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
IF I omit the underscore it finds nothing.

I have 8 styles on my list of possibilities. The style picker window cant find any of them. I have 3 = styles on my list. The style picker window finds all three.

I searched for SWOON and two other _ styles in the program folder bb. The search found nothing. I searched for the three = styles and found only one =BGPOP.STY in the styles folder but not the other two. All three of the = styles can be found when scrolling down the list of styles in the styles window but the _ styles are not found when scrolling.

This is about the end of my knowledge of computer software so now I think I will reinstall the program unless you have other advice. My original install was from download but I bought the discs so I will reinstall from them.

The upgrade has made changes to the program that I don't think it should have. If the reinstall doesn't fix it I will wipe it out and start with a 2014 install and see if I can install only the styles from 2019.

I bought the MegaPak upgrade.

Hope this gives you some ideas for me to try.

THanks Bill

Last edited by bmolle; 07/20/19 05:26 AM.
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Jim Fogle,

I live in NJ and bought the laptop an HP from Staples The underline is on the top row next to the 0 on the right of the keyboard. I cant imagine it is a non standard keyboard The thing is everything worked till I upgraded

Bill

B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
It seems that I can pick a style from the list of styles window, move up to the top of the list and type in that style
in the filter window. It comes up with maybe one or two others. IF I type in DREAMER it come up at the top and the other style is the one that is currently in the song. No others appear in the style window. I am beginning to think that all these styles that I have on my list of possibilities with a _ have vanished from the program.

Does anyone know where the styles reside in BIAB and can I just find them on the disc and copy them in?

Bill

Last edited by bmolle; 07/20/19 10:02 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Bill,

I appreciate you providing the additional information about your computer keyboard. I'm sorry my solution wasn't appropriate to your situation.

The StylePicker lists styles present in the X:\bb\Styles folder where X is the drive letter Band-in-a-Box resides on. Is it possible the _SWOON style maybe stored elsewhere on your computer?

I see we both were typing at the same time.

If you navigate to the root drive where Band-in-a-Box resides you can initiate a search for _SWOON by entering the term in the search text box located at the top of the window or press Ctrl + F to open a search bar at the bottom of the screen.

Clipboard01.jpg (52.72 KB, 132 downloads)
Search for _SWOON

Veteran
Veteran
Bill,

I performed a search of the RealCombo styles listed for the Mega PAK on +++ THIS +++ PG Music webpage and _SWOON is not listed so it maybe a N/A (not included) style

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It worked for me to find _SWOON, but the above screens do not show the whole entry: it is RealTrack #289 from Country Group #43.

Perhaps that's not in the MegaPak. It might have been a Bonus Pak style?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Expert
Expert
Hi
The style _SWOON uses tracks from the realtracks 289 set do you have this?

I use BIAB 2019 ultra build.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 07/20/19 09:53 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Thanks all. Let me work thru all you have put up. I also want to say that _SWOON was on a list I made after I inputted the song chords and I had listened to all the styles on the list I made so the style _SWOON was in the MegaPack that I got for the PGMusic upgrade. As were the other 8 _ styles I cant find and the 3 = styles I can find. I believe there was a Bonus Pak included but I will have to check on that.

Thanks Bill

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I guess a further question to ask is how did you perform the upgrade? Did you install it over the top of the existing 2014 install or did you choose a different location to install 2019 to? Or possibly another method, e.g. deleted 2014 and installed 2019?

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Another thought: Select the Help drop-down menu and select Utilities > Run Cleanup Routine.
After that, Rebuild the StylePicker and see what you have available.

2019-07-21_06-35-05.jpg (112.15 KB, 125 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
In addition to all above...

Have you opened Stylepicker and rebuilt the list of styles? This needs to be done after upgrades and also after updates. (Apologies if this has already been mentioned.)

rebuild 2019.JPG (29.58 KB, 114 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Hope I have all the questions answered.

_SWOON is not stored in bb or on C

Style disc lists STYLE 43. In fact I have all of them to 77 I think

Under Real Track sets I have RealTrack 289 and Real Track 43

There is no Bonus Pak that I can see in the download but I did get a Registration Bonus as part of the package. It was the MegaPak upgrade for prior to 2017.

For the upgrade install I just followed the prompts and made no changes. I did the BIAB cleanup routine and rebuild and there has been no change.

Thanks all, Bill

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bill,

When you installed the software, did you direct the installation to your existing \bb folder?

Alternatively, did you create a new folder for it or are you running it from a USB drive?

From reading what is written, it sounds like something might have gone awry in the installation process.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195