Band-in-a-Box for Windows
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Noel96

No USB install I down loaded the upgrade from the PGMusic website. I just followed the prompts and wherever they sent it. I didn't change anything if I had an option. I had all 8 _ Styles originally because I was trying out different styles for a song I was working on. The style _SWOON was the one I marked as the most promising one. Later when I came back to finish the song I couldn't find the _SWOON style and subsequent tries looking for 7 other styles on my list found they were gone too. Yet 3 styles on my list beginning with = were there and I was able to find them by putting them into the filter window, They are not in \bb or C:\ and I looked in the RECYCLE BIN and they are not there. Now I want to know where in \bb do STYLES reside so I can go into the CD and put those styles back in the program.

Thanks Bill

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bmolle
... Now I want to know where in \bb do STYLES reside so I can go into the CD and put those styles back in the program.
Thanks Bill

On my system, _SWOON.STY (and _SWOON.stx) are in the C:\bb\Styles\ folder

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Like Videotrack, my _SWOON.STY and _SWOON.STX files are in \bb\styles, too.

When you say,

Quote:
I just followed the prompts and wherever they sent it. I didn't change anything if I had an option.

It's possible that this could have resulted in files going elsewhere.

To rule out this possibility, open File Explorer, locate your \bb folder (but do not open it), right-click on the folder and select "Properties". In the window that will appear, it will have a date that the folder was created. This should be 2013 or 2014 depending on whether or not you purchased BIAB 2014 in December 2013 or sometime in 2014.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
I looked in the STYLES folder and _SWOON or the others are not there. I looked on the 7 CDs that I got from the upgrade but you cant break down the folders far enough to see where the STYLES folder is. It just lists realtracks_pro_1 etc. and it looks like you have to run the setup file or something to find out what is in it. I just want to know what CD the missing STYLES are on and pick off the styles and put them in the program. I suspect PGMusic is not going to tell me that and make me install/overwrite the whole 7 CDs. I just haven't felt up to doing that yet.

B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Noel96,

When I do what you say it comes up Oct 23,2017. I am not sure where that comes from

I bought styles on Mar.8 2017 and Apr.5 2017. I had trouble with a few things and never figured it out till at least 3 months later and I remember I overwrote the program several times so that Oct date could be the last date I overwrote it I remember I had to call for more permissions because I used them upd trying to figure it out . This was before I knew about this forum

I cant find a date for the original 2014 purchase because it doesn't appear on my PGMusic account page.

Thanks BIll

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Bill, At this stage here should be no issue with you running the entire installation again. If necessary, it will just replace any styles you already have, and install any styles that are missing.
I'm still thinking that the 2019 installation is installed in a different location than your previous install.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B

VideoTrack

OK I overwrote BIAB. All 7 discs. I opened up BIAB and clicked on the STYLES button. The style window opens and I put in at the top on the filter line _SWOON It pops up. I tried another style that had gone missing _SKYLAKE. It pops up. Great problem solved.

I do a rebuild as the header said I should. When rebuild is finished I look for _SWOON and _ SKYLAKE by putting each in the filter window. They are not there.

So where do I go now. PGMusic has been no help. Early on before I came to this forum they told me to look at a video on styles and then they disappeared.

BIll

Veteran
Veteran
Which rebuild did you use?

Did you try the other rebuild, usually the slow rebuild?

Yours is an interesting problem. I have the 64 bit BiaB 2019 on two computers. One I use the fast rebuild as it has no third party styles and the other I use a slow rebuild as it does have third party styles on it. In both cases I can find _SWOON and _SKYLAKE.

As you know both are Realtracks so they will not appear when searching for MIDI only.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Mario D

I used the slow rebuild. I also have 8 third party styles. and I believe they are there. They were in my computer when I had the 2014 version before I got the 2019 upgrade

Bill

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Bill,
This is indeed unusual.

I've written to the PG Music development people separately and referenced this thread. Hopefully it will get the attention it needs.

Maybe in the meantime, do the re-install and don't press the rebuild button. Not ideal, I know, but a possible temporary workaround.

B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Video TRack

That is what I was thinking of doing tomorrow. Just not looking forward to repeating another couple of hours to it. PGMusic would save me a lot of time if they would just tell me what CD has those lost STYLES on it.

In looking at the information as the CD starts thru the install it is impossible to know what is in each. It seems like each has a collection of everything in it. I am sure they have the information somewhere because they made the CDs

Thanks Bill

Veteran
Veteran
Have you tried this:
1-Do a Windows search for _SWOON
2-If it finds nothing then click on the documents icon, the middle icon in the upper left hand corner of the search window and search again
3-If it finds nothing then in that window click on local Disk (C:), click on bb, and search again. Note you must type _SWOON in the upper right hand window, the one with the x, then click on the search icon, the one just left of that window.

I had to go through all three steps to find _SWOON. This will tell you if it is on your computer and where it is. If it is not in the C:\bb\Styles then move it there and all should be OK.

I hope this works for you.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bmolle
... PGMusic would save me a lot of time if they would just tell me what CD has those lost STYLES on it.

Bill, I'm certainly not taking sides, but nominating the specific CD may not be a practical solution. The installer probably has compressed the files on each disk, and extracting the exact file may not be straightforward.

Veteran
Veteran
I didn't see which version of BIAB you are running. Have you tried running the BIAB Cleanup routine (since you mentioned content from 2014 and 2017)? Since 2018, the folder structure was re-organized from what it used to be. I would try running the cleanup routine and then rebuilding the RealTracks picker and the StylePicker (using the slow rebuild) and see if that works.

Just a thought.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
Video Track,

No no I never thought you were taking sides. You and everyone else on this forum has be very helpful and I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without all of you. I just think PGMusic has poor customer tech service. If they don't know the answer just say so and "I'll get back to you."

At this point I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I would never know I lost STYLES except I wrote them down on my song sheet and is it only the 8 styles or have others gone missing too.

They are compressed files on the CD but wouldn't each file be identified in some way? but that is past my knowledge.

Bill

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I think John jford is on to something. Run the Cleanup routine. It's in Help, Utilities.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
jford and Matt Finley

I ran the cleanup routine and then the STYLE Picker then the REALTRACKS picker. Then searched for _SWOON. It is still not there.

When I ran the REALTRACKS picker a window opened that said "There are no missing RealTracks XT2/ST2 Nothing to do!"

I have the 2019 Megapak upgrade

BILL

B
bmolle Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
B
What if I ran OPTIONS-Return to factory settings? and would I include MiDI drivers or exclude MIDI drivers? I think I only have one change and that is the font size of the chords.

Bill

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Save your preferences anyway. And you can safely exclude the MIDI drivers; that's not been a problem for you.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Have you verified whether or not you actually have that style file on your hard drive. And since you said you have the Mega Pak, it's possible that style doesn't come with that Pak. I would try turningring off the filtering of N/A styles and see if it's listed as an N/A style. However, if you can see the file in your styles folder, it's also possible you have the style file, but not the underlying RealTracks that the style file references. Styles don't actually contain the RealTracks, they just load RealTracks already present on your computer. That's the second level of N/A you need to look at (styles without all the required RealTracks).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195