Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#546281 07/22/19 02:23 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
A song about betrayal and separation yet with hope of reconciliation.

https://youtu.be/icO9FVcOED4

Composer/Author/Vocals: Brian Raynor
Reason 10:
Lead Guitar: "Edgy Life From Boston"
Lead Organ: "Leslie Hall"

BIAB:
POPMED.STY Country Pop w/ Dreamy Guitar
~684 Bass, Electric popHalfNotesSync Ev 120
~686 Organ, B3 Background Pop Ev 120
Real Drums Nashville even 8^8
~405 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
~692 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRock Bright Ev 120
~Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 120
3197 Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopBalladMellow Ev 130 (Brent Mason)

Mixed with Reaper v 5.973

Those Lies

Why did I not see this coming, how could I miss all the signs
Your flimsy excuses and intricate ruses fooled me time after time
Vows that we made to each other, lately mean nothing to you
Promises spoken were easily broken when you found somebody new

Have you thought about the consequences – when your love affair blows over and dies
And when you finally regain your senses Honey, don’t you dare keep telling those lies

Here I am picking up pieces of once-cherished dreams we shared
It seems to amuse you that I’m gonna lose you – acting like you never cared
How do I tell the children and what do I say to our friends --
"Don’t know the reason; it’s just for a season," or "It will come good in the end"?

Have you thought about the consequences – when your love affair blows over and dies
And when you finally regain your senses Honey don’t you dare keep telling those lies
It’s time to get wise
No, no, no lies
Don’t keep telling those lies

Last edited by Ghostgum; 07/23/19 08:28 PM.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
Ghostgum #546289 07/22/19 04:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Brian,

A nice song. Well put together. Good vocal, well mixed.

Sounds good.

fj

Ghostgum #546307 07/22/19 05:30 AM
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Good song...
Good mix & production...
I really enjoyed it...
I just wish you had included lyrics to follow along...
They sounded pretty interesting.

Jim
†=☮&♥
Ghostgum #546423 07/22/19 08:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice mellow country pop song with enjoyable melancholy chording. The band works well, nice organ backing and solo. You are singing with confidence.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

floyd jane #546425 07/22/19 08:27 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback, Floyd.

Have listened to a couple of your songs (Little Things, It's All In The Heart). Like your style very much. Well-written songs (could say 'masterfully'). One of the better country singers I've encountered so far. Have added your page to my fav list.

Cheers,

Brian.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
Jim #546426 07/22/19 08:29 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback, Jim. Appreciate it.

Ghostgum #546457 07/23/19 03:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ghostgum,
Please post lyrics - anyone who uses ruses needs to read as well as heard to ensure I catch all the nuances.
It struck me as a little odd that the "lead guitar" was a little to the left but the :lead organ" pretty much up the middle when they solo.
Cool song. You've captured your vocal well- the essing is managed well as are the plosives - except at that break at 1min. Good capture &/or treatment.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Ghostgum #546470 07/23/19 04:35 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nicely done smile It flows really nicely, and sounds really natural. Really concise vocals, and some great progressions. I thought the chorus was a big standalone. Subtle yet really catchy.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
Ghostgum #546508 07/23/19 10:06 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey there Ghostgum, The different elements really glue well together and I dig the overall timbres. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Joe
Ghostgum #546532 07/23/19 02:54 PM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really nice mix job, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ember
Ghostgum #546559 07/23/19 06:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another solid write and production. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
rayc #546563 07/23/19 08:30 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback, rayc. Lyrics have been posted.

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks, Deryk. My greatest concern with 'naturally flowing' progressions is sounding too much like those already in use by other artists. wink

Ghostgum #546606 07/24/19 07:07 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Cool song!! I like the somewhat retro and kind of mysterious vibe of the music! The production/vocal and arrangement are all very strong, as is the writing! Nice stuff!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,730
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197