Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Don't know if this has been brought up or not...

...but a pretty cool web site for "chords to a song".

You can buy a subscription to access "advanced" features - download MIDI, print, transpose, capo, change speed, etc...

...but you can see chord charts for free (the Chords tab).
You can click on any measure to move around if you want.
The default tab will show chord diagrams - guitar, uke or piano.

Kind of like Riffstation, but I like the layout better...

From the Web site "About"...

What is Chordify?

Chordify is an online music education service – made for and by music enthusiasts – that transforms music from YouTube, Deezer, SoundCloud, or your private collection into chords. Our service automatically recognizes chords from an audio signal and aligns them to the music in a simple and intuitive player. Chordify uses cutting-edge technology to help both novice and trained musicians play the music they want to play.

So far, Ive found every song I have looked for (though I imagine you can stump it if you get obscure).

I've loaded up the Justin Moore song that I referenced in the Songwriting forum:

https://chordify.net/chords/justin-moore-jesus-and-jack-daniels-audio-justinmoorevevo

If anyone has a subscription, it would be nice to know if the MIDI download works well and can be loaded into BIAB...???

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Last edited by raymb1; 07/29/19 10:35 AM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
So there are 9000 reviews with an overall score of 4.6 and you choose to share one star reviews.

Nice.

I thought some folks might find it useful.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I’ve used chordify before, very accurate in the songs I have checked also.

Didn’t know about the midi download feature, sounds interesting! Following this thread in case someone knows more about this.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Its a good resource in my experience- has shortened my "how did that one go?" search many times and often has several versions of even obscure songs.
Good call,Floyd!

Robert

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
So there are 9000 reviews with an overall score of 4.6 and you choose to share one star reviews.

Nice.

I thought some folks might find it useful.

A friend and I tried it and it is good for country chords. Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

I mostly agree with this part of your statement! laugh

(just to be clear I am not talking about Chordify!)

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 07/29/19 07:24 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I had some peripheral awareness of site but never perused it. Thanks for the post. It’s been fun exploring it. It’s perfect for my occasional curiosity about a progression - being often too lazy to get the guitar out of the closet and tune it smile

Bud

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have used the site a number of times and have found it to be quite useful. I have it bookmarked for easy access.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, good call Floyd! I look up chords and lyrics all the time, and somehow this site never came up in my searches.

I especially like the way it formats the chords in exactly the way I'd need to enter them into BIAB. At $42 a year subscription it isn't a bad deal for somebody who is in a band (ie making money from his/her music and learning new songs all the time)

One VERY intriguing feature is that MIDI download. If it is sophisticated enough to separate out the parts into a piano track, drum track etc... and the parts actually match the song... that alone would be worth the price of admission.
(has anybody tried this with Melodyne multitrack? I need to give that a whirl)

IMHO, there are advantages of using the ACW to extract chords from an MP3:
1) when finished, the chords are already in BIAB, and don't need to be typed in
2) the same process that extracts the chords also tempo maps the song

Disadvantages of using BIAB to replicate a song is that any MIDI or audio tracks generated would be based on the style used, not the signature riffs in the song.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
@John3 - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was funny!!!

@J&B - " It’s perfect for my occasional curiosity about a progression - being often too lazy to get the guitar out of the closet and tuning it"

..... Exactly!!

@Pat.... HI! Pat! Howya been??? good to see you.
I agree with you on this.
The Chord layout (or sometimes called "Overview" - not sure why they switch that up) is excellent for being able to quickly recreate the chord structure in BIAB.
And the fact that you can click on a measure to hear the song from there, makes it easy to check if a recreated sound in BIAB is matching - like at the chorus.
I've been using it to match some particular sounds of songs.

One the main page of the site, there are 8 selections under "Choridy Premium Demo".
These are full functioned.
So you can try out the MIDI download on any of those songs.
(Or any of their other functions).
I downloaded one - I think it is just block chords (one track).
That list seems to change slightly over time (there were a few different selections yesterday...)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Agreed Floyd. I tried the premium download demo too. Just one track, block chords. No bass, rhythm, no drums, no melody...just the chords that are displayed on the chord chart and only when the chords change from one to another. Limited value for me. YMMV.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well, that's cool. Gotta love the technology.

I can see how this could be useful to someone who is starting out on guitar. It shows you the chords that are coming up next.

I have not played around too much with the PG BB ACW but as I recall, if the chords are pretty straightforward as most country songs tend to be, it was actually pretty accurate. The thing would be to see if the ACW can show you the chord charts for guitar. I'm thinking there might be a way to do that.

Personally, I've had no need to use something like this, but I can see how it would be a god-send to others. I started out playing to the songs on the radio as a kid.... great ear training. After a while you can even hear the key it's in by the character of the chords.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Anything over a 7th chord is garbage.

I mostly agree with this part of your statement! laugh

(just to be clear I am not talking about Chordify!)

Yep... that got a smile....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
regarding the MIDI chords feature:
Some harmony devices depend on an isolated chord track, either MIDI or audio. This would be one easy way to provide a track with nothing but chords, sent only to the device that needs them.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Pat

Did you know that BIAB can send silent chords from your chords on the chord sheet from midi ch 9 default or other if free .
Very useful for controlling external VH units etc.
Here is the setting, for those that may know about this.
Have fun
Mike

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
chord oiut.jpg (148.6 KB, 188 downloads)
Last edited by Mike Head; 08/02/19 04:42 AM.

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Don't have a use for it at the moment but that's a cool feature.
Thanks Mike!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It is a cool feature, not widely known on the forum, apparently. I've used it to feed my Voice Live Touch.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 08/02/19 01:41 PM. Reason: ‘Feed’ not ‘feel’. Need to put on reading glasses more often.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Ohhhh, I hadn't thought of that. "Feel my Voice Live Touch" Sounds like an ad for uhhhh...something.

Back on topic, that chord output feature came up when someone asked if they could use Biab to drive their arranger keyboard and still use the arranger's styles. The answer was yes, and this is how it works.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi Pat

Did you know that BIAB can send silent chords from your chords on the chord sheet from midi ch 9 default or other if free .
Very useful for controlling external VH units etc.
Here is the setting, for those that may know about this.
Have fun
Mike

Yep, I did know that. However that feature isn't in Real Band (what I normally use) so I have to generate the chords with a MIDI style that has a part playing sustained chords.

The only reason I mentioned it at all is because somebody using Chordify in conjunction with RB and a harmony device might find that feature useful. Or not. Everybody's mileage varies.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

[snip]

So far, I've found every song I have looked for (though I imagine you can stump it if you get obscure).

It seems that as long as the song is on youtube it will find it. Just for laughs I asked it to chordify one of our songs that we did a youtube video for and it found it and chordified it.

Pretty cool technology!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,552
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199