Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
floyd jane #547965 08/03/19 06:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I think this some of your best writing yet, lyrically speaking.

Nice job on the chorus and the second verse is really well put together.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
floyd jane #547970 08/03/19 08:53 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, I am constantly in awe of your song writing ability! You knock 'em out of the park every time you step up to the plate! You painted such a great picture with this one! Great performance (again) by you and Janice! Loved that banjo in there (perfect)! Thanks, Torrey

floyd jane #548001 08/03/19 12:01 PM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Words are tools for communication and we almost all figure out how to use them effectively early in life. BUT, in the hands of the right artist, words become art!!! Such is the case here with our resident artist FJ!!! I have always loved metaphors, and this song is a beautiful string of metaphors. If I was and English teacher, I'd show this to my class to illustrate the beauty of the metaphor! And the only thing that can make a great song even better is the addition of a harmony to sweeten it up!! Wonderful job FJ and Janice!!! Take care. Greg

Jim #548064 08/03/19 04:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
I was just listening to song...
Following the lyrics...
Suddenly I heard the harmony and said...
That sounds like Janice...
That's what I get for not reading before I listen smile...
Another great song...
Another set of well-crafted lyrics...
And of course...
Janice's beautiful voice to accompany you own strong vocals...
I enjoyed it!

I appreciate that Jim. I was immediately drawn into this song!

Janice

Biglad #548145 08/04/19 10:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ & Janice,
Beautiful! Flows very well. Vocals are top notch!
Not going to even brag about the mix, I have yet to hear a bad mix from you smile Enjoyed it!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks, Misha. Appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: Biglad
Another superb song. You and Janice work so well together. I looked at the band and there's a lot of real tracks but the sound is so sparse , and pure . amazing how you do it . Thanks Fj for sharing

Thanks, Brad. Needless to say, it is always a real pleasure to work with Janice...

Jim #548226 08/05/19 03:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
I was just listening to song...
Following the lyrics...
Suddenly I heard the harmony and said...
That sounds like Janice...
That's what I get for not reading before I listen smile...
Another great song...
Another set of well-crafted lyrics...
And of course...
Janice's beautiful voice to accompany you own strong vocals...
I enjoyed it!

Thanks, Jim. We do appreciate that. Thanks for listening...

floyd jane #548253 08/05/19 07:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I took a trip to South Carolina when I was a sophomore in high school. I know where I live, and I know where SC is; so it wasn't a huge mystery as to how and where we were headed.

We went to the airport, hopped on a plane and landed in SC. It had all of what you would expect in a flight. The check-in, the waiting, close proximity to others, trying to find luggage...all that kind of thing. Not overly pleasant at all; but we got to our destination.

When I was a senior in high school we decided to head back to SC. We decided to drive this time. I knew where we were headed; and sort of knew how we would get there. What I didn't know was how exciting that trip was going to be. We took many "back roads" and just really took in the country. I saw so many cool things that I wasn't expecting to see. Even a fair number of waterfalls and mountains that would take your breathe away with their beauty. This trip at a very minimum was as good as getting to our destination. I find that to be unique.

That is what your song just did for me. I had a rough idea where I was going to be taken; but was amazed by the path you took us on to get there. Thank you!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
rayc #548288 08/05/19 11:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
A lovely song and excellent BVox.
Succinct arrangement and band choices.
Lovely.
The two things that came straight to mind were the brevity of the intro - no issue just struck me - and the amount of room in the mic when you back away to go loud n high.

Ray - Thanks for the Lovely review.

I'm curious... is "the amount of room in the mic when you back away..." a good thing or a bad thing? Just need a little further explanation in case it is something I need to fix... thanks

floyd jane #548323 08/05/19 04:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome tune Floyd. Lovely story to take me back to my child hood. Breaking in a ball glove. What an art that was. Beautiful vocal and Janice's harmonies were perfect. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
PeterF #548334 08/05/19 06:59 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Couldn't agree more. Two of the best voices on the forum.
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Unusual and very original topic. Really enjoyed this and love the harmonies.
Ro4580

Thanks, Rob...

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
All good things come to those that wait, I believe is the saying! So it seems fitting some things take time.

Great use of RealTracks. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Ember...

floyd jane #548396 08/06/19 07:55 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Really, really nice. Everything in it's place and sounding good. I was struck by the "lack" of rhyme. It's as spare as the band. And I have to think its on purpose because of the lengths you took to "de-stress" such as is there. Why? Maybe it serves to accentuate the work that has to go into things often before they can become so comfortable. My mom told me once, "Son, if it doesn't want to rhyme, don't make it."

Hugely enjoyed this.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
PeterF #548427 08/06/19 11:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Unusual and very original topic. Really enjoyed this and love the harmonies.
Ro4580

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Great title!

Well sung, nice harmonies, excellent write. laugh

While the title - and lyrics - pretty much telegraph where the song is going, you hold off "You and me" until the end, which makes it all the stronger because of the wait.

One thing I love about your mixes is the clarity - there's no need to guess at any of the words. There's not more to the arrangement than there needs to be, so it's got a wonderful transparency.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Excellent set of lyrics and completely expected a pro production. Clear and crisp vocals and a nice build up.
And when Janice comes in - well you two sound just great together.

Top notch.

Peter

Thank y'all for mentioning the harmony. I had a little preview of this tune and was hoping I'd be asked to join in!

Janice

Deej56 #548498 08/07/19 02:27 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Really nice write—terrific collection of images that reinforce your theme. Fine vocal and your usual exemplary production. Well done! Good luck with it!

All the best,

Deej

Thanks, Deej.

BlueAttitude #548550 08/07/19 10:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

Simply professional throughout, as usual, but it's only what I've come to expect from you.

Although I like your "heavier" side, I did enjoy this immensely and just got lost in the
smoothness and the wonderfully relaxed vocal. It always helps having Janice in there of course.

A super arrangement and I DID love the cymbal fade right at the end of the track - nice attention to detail, that.

Cheers, ROG.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice writing! And great vocal too, I like the way you phrase.

And a big tip of the hat to Janice too of course smile

Your productions and mixes are always such a pleasure to listen to, lot's to learn from studying them. They way you slowly build the first verse with just the acoustic, and then bringing in the kick ... great! And then that little cymbal hit at the end, I love hearing stuff like that.

Excellent!

Thanks for the mention of my little part. I appreciate y'all!

Janice

dcuny #548612 08/08/19 03:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Great title!

Well sung, nice harmonies, excellent write. laugh

While the title - and lyrics - pretty much telegraph where the song is going, you hold off "You and me" until the end, which makes it all the stronger because of the wait.

One thing I love about your mixes is the clarity - there's no need to guess at any of the words. There's not more to the arrangement than there needs to be, so it's got a wonderful transparency.

Thanks, David. Thanks for the note on the clarity of the mix...

floyd jane #548618 08/08/19 04:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful Floyd and Janice. Aged to perfection.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/
PeterF #548674 08/08/19 12:55 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Excellent set of lyrics and completely expected a pro production. Clear and crisp vocals and a nice build up.
And when Janice comes in - well you two sound just great together.

Top notch.

Peter

Appreciate that, Peter... Thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd and of course hi Janice,

these lyrics caught me completely - I think everybody listening to that song will immediately think of something or someone those words could apply to.

And I experienced the same as Jim: I was sort of sunk in listening and reading the lyrics - all of a sudden there was Janice falling in with her beautiful harminies - oh boy, no matter how often I hear her - it's always a treat. And your two voices really go together so well...

Nicely arranged, of course brilliantly-sung, too. And I have to mention the lyrics again: a well-chosen subject (which I have never heard being sung about) oiled down to an essence, Very impressive.

Oh yes: sound, mix and everything technical: top-notch. Like always....

Cheers,

Stefan

Thank you Stefan. I knew from the first time we sang together years ago that we had a special “blend” as Bud says smile

Janice

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
You really did a great job on this one smile The lyrics are poignant and relatable, and the harmonies on this help them hit all the harder. That aside, I loved the instrumentation and thought the mix was top notch also.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Deryk!

Janice

floyd jane #548773 08/09/19 02:05 PM
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
It sounds very good! The music and the lyrics fits very well together.

It is a genre of music that I know very little about so I am not able to give a meaningful and comprehensive review... so sorry! I can just say that I liked listening.

Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,590
Posts734,780
Members38,501
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
mandella, Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365
38,501 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 189