The Band:

~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
~542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
~542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
1763:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Pop16thsGritty Ev16 085
575:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues BB Ev 085

I used EZDrummer2 for the drum track.

I'm playing the lead guitars, Chris is playing the synth Pad.

Mixed with Reaper, mastered with Ozone.

Also up on SoundCloud, here: Hide and Seek

All comments gratefully received!

Edited by BlueAttitude (08/28/19 02:34 AM)
Edit Reason: added comment on the lyrics

#551154 - 08/25/19 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool intro Dave. Love the drums. Guitar just sound great. nice lead in to the vocal... Chris just nails the vocal. Love your music... So well done..

#551175 - 08/25/19 11:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Dave / Christiane,

I love this - it's a bit of pop and a bit of blues...

Some really outstanding guitar lines and another stellar vocal by Christiane.

Crystal clear mix - excellent!

Bob

#551204 - 08/25/19 01:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave / Chris

Big sound - the drums at the intro and outro sound great. Excellent vocal, and a nicely paced song, with good dynamics.
Very tasteful guitar playing throughout, very complimentary stuff.

Another excellent write.

Peter

#551232 - 08/25/19 05:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
This makes my ears happy. laugh

I'll be honest, this is the type of song that I literally don't care what the lyrics are - it just sounds good. Heck, I've read through the lyrics, and I'm still not entirely sure what it's about. Perhaps it's an a allusion to hiding under the blanket of snow, and coming back to life with the thaw of Spring?

Doesn't matter, it sounds awesome.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#551309 - 08/26/19 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
F.M.M. Offline
Expert

hi dave great intro drums and guitar great vocal as well enjoyed my listen eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#551315 - 08/26/19 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Dave & Chris...

AWESOME opening. The drums are outrageous! - Dave you get more out of EZDrummer than anyone I've ever heard. Absolutely LOVE your guitar tone on this. And the playing is exquisite! Perfect "singing guitar". (which guitar? direct? s-gear?)

Chris' vocal is as good as always. Clean and confident.

The mix is excellent throughout.

Going back for a 3rd listen.

fj

#551371 - 08/26/19 05:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: rsdean]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool intro Dave. Love the drums. Guitar just sound great. nice lead in to the vocal... Chris just nails the vocal. Love your music... So well done..

Thanks, Scott, I appreciate that!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave / Christiane,

I love this - it's a bit of pop and a bit of blues...

Some really outstanding guitar lines and another stellar vocal by Christiane.

Crystal clear mix - excellent!

Bob

Hey Bob,

I decided to do that blues thing in the middle at the last minute just for the fun of it, original plan was to solo over the same changes as the verse. Worked ok I think to change the mood a little.

Thanks for the listen and positive comments!

#551388 - 08/26/19 05:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Online   content
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Like it a lot, very cinematic to me, I could hear it for a show like Vikings as well.

#551411 - 08/26/19 07:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,
Beautifully paced. Quite a lesson in song dynamics really.The intro is so restrained and moody-had me hooked right away and your guitar tone is spine tingling good.
I`d be interested in hearing how much back and forth there is between you on the arrangement of a song like this?

Robert

#551414 - 08/26/19 07:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
BlueAttitude,

Had to break out the headphones to listen to this one . . . knew right off this was a special mix, and the headphones make it all that much more. What a wonderful mood, and a spot on vocal. Totally chill song—digged this one!

All the best,

Deej

#551440 - 08/26/19 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Drums are fantastic. They really set the dark, slow mood great. I love this dark yet hopeful (to my ears) lyric and Chris' delivery of it. The progression has some great movements that I think accentuate the theme of the song really well. Your play is wonderful here, and all mixed well to my ears in these phones. Hats off.
BIAB 2020 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#551457 - 08/27/19 03:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
A cracker!
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#551478 - 08/27/19 06:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: dcuny]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave / Chris

Big sound - the drums at the intro and outro sound great. Excellent vocal, and a nicely paced song, with good dynamics.
Very tasteful guitar playing throughout, very complimentary stuff.

Another excellent write.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
This makes my ears happy. laugh

I'll be honest, this is the type of song that I literally don't care what the lyrics are - it just sounds good. Heck, I've read through the lyrics, and I'm still not entirely sure what it's about. Perhaps it's an a allusion to hiding under the blanket of snow, and coming back to life with the thaw of Spring?

Doesn't matter, it sounds awesome.

"This makes my ears happy", I like that!

Thanks, David smile

#551504 - 08/27/19 08:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
You get Ginger to kick this thing off?

As Janice says, “she always sings with such attitude!”

A pretty voice, yes, but sung like she means business.

Velvety and edgy…just like the guitar soloing on this.

The best rock ballad we’ve heard in a LONG time.

Production, the “connect your own dots” lyric, vocal/guitar performances, mix, RT’s, Drums — everything is hittin’ the note.

Over the top good!

J&B

#551529 - 08/27/19 10:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Dave & Chris.

Outstanding.

Loved the whole thing, but have to mention-

(1) The Drums. A great big sound with a fabulous expensive-sounding reverb.

(2) The guitar. A wonderful sound and a touch of Peter Green in the playing.

(3) Chris's voice. Brought me out in goosebumps.

Great stuff.

ROG.

#551545 - 08/27/19 12:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Great intro and outro with strong and appealing drums, gorgeous solo guitar playing and the dreamy guitars support it nicely. Chord progression works well. For some reason reminds me of Eric Clapton. Great vocals, flowing smoothly.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#551549 - 08/27/19 12:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Chris and Dave,

This song started very intriguing with those drums everyone mentioned in their posts. But it stayed intriguing all the time. The way Chris sings makes your song very strong. And it is also such a beautiful voice.
It's another good piece of work from the both of you. Like it very much. Pity I couldn't add a 'like' on your site.

Hans

#551561 - 08/27/19 02:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Very smooth as is the production and vocal.
Congrats. Rob4580

#551574 - 08/27/19 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Hide and Seek [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Tone,

Tone! Tone tone tone tone tone. Tone tone tone. Tone tone tone tone tone tone tone tone. Tone tone, tone tone tone tone.

Tone, tone tone tone tone. Tone tone. Tone tone tone.

Tone tone!

-Caaron

(Everything else is great too; but you are the king of tone my friend. Every part of it drips in it. And as someone who gets great tone, you already know it takes every aspect of every note to do that. From placement, to timing, to how it's played/sung, to the correct lyrics, to the effects chosen. You've got it Dave and Chris!ALL of it! Great song that needs to be used somewhere.)
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Bar Settings

In Band-in-a-Box®, F5 or Edit | Settings for Current Bar will open up a new window allowing you to adjust the number of beats per bar, apply tempo changes and patch changes, or apply a different Style, and even choose harmony changes to your Band-in-a-Box® song!

Watch the video that explains this feature.

Read more about Bar Settings: Windows | Mac

A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Forum Stats
33074 Members
68 Forums
66631 Topics
566884 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
GabrielForsman, duykhuong20, jeffatbkk, chiefegod, guapeton