User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi dave great intro drums and guitar great vocal as well enjoyed my listen eric

Thanks, Eric!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Like it a lot, very cinematic to me, I could hear it for a show like Vikings as well.

Thanks for the listen!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris...

AWESOME opening. The drums are outrageous! - Dave you get more out of EZDrummer than anyone I've ever heard. Absolutely LOVE your guitar tone on this. And the playing is exquisite! Perfect "singing guitar". (which guitar? direct? s-gear?)

Chris' vocal is as good as always. Clean and confident.

The mix is excellent throughout.

Going back for a 3rd listen.

fj

Hi floyd,

For the drums I have found I can really improve the kit sound by tweaking the settings in the EZDrummer mixer, there are lots of options to explore. I'm just using the default drum kit it came with, although I plan on getting one of the expansion kits one of these days. And I always run them through CLA Drums.

The guitar is a strat I built a couple of years ago, mostly from parts I got from Warmoth. It has a hardtail bridge (strings through the body just like a tele) and I have Lace Sensor pickups on it. Supposed to be a vintage strat sound but hotter.

I always record direct, I like the option of being able to change my mind on the amp tone once I start mixing.

For this song I used an S-Gear amp setting I would normally use for rhythm guitar, but before the "amp" I'm using a free Tube Screamer VST I got from Mercuriall. Just gives it a nice singing tone without too much distortion. Then I'm feeding the output from S-Gear into CLA Unplugged, which I like much better than CLA Guitars.

Thanks as always for your support, means a lot!

Tangmo #551757 08/29/19 12:22 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
Beautifully paced. Quite a lesson in song dynamics really.The intro is so restrained and moody-had me hooked right away and your guitar tone is spine tingling good.
I`d be interested in hearing how much back and forth there is between you on the arrangement of a song like this?

Robert

Hi Robert,

There is always back and forth between us on any song we do, she has great ears and lots of good ideas.

For this particular song I originally had the same drums that are playing in the intro playing throughout the entire song. It was her idea to go to the straight drum pattern for the vocal verses and that was much more effective. Also the wurli pad used in the intro and the section after the solo came from her. Subtle, but you really notice it if it is not there.

Thanks for the support as always!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
BlueAttitude,

Had to break out the headphones to listen to this one . . . knew right off this was a special mix, and the headphones make it all that much more. What a wonderful mood, and a spot on vocal. Totally chill song—digged this one!

All the best,

Deej

I'm happy you liked it, thanks so much!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Drums are fantastic. They really set the dark, slow mood great. I love this dark yet hopeful (to my ears) lyric and Chris' delivery of it. The progression has some great movements that I think accentuate the theme of the song really well. Your play is wonderful here, and all mixed well to my ears in these phones. Hats off.

Yeah, as soon as I heard those drums I knew I had to build a song around them.

Thanks, Tangmo!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - what a tune! I love the textures and vibe on this one. It has a really enticing presence - almost reminds me of Pat Benatar a little bit. A really powerful rock ballad for sure and I found it really captivating.

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Christine and Dave,

wow, where to begin...? Everything is just outstanding about this song and production. Christine, you are am amazing vocalist with a very clear and crispy voice and a lot of dedication.

Dave, the track just sounds gorgeous on all levels - I think I'll have to check out EZDrumer2, what a terrific sound.

Said it before: I like your playing a lot, and in this song the tone of your guitar is especially outstanding.

A really great thing, wow.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Dave & Chris...

AWESOME opening. The drums are outrageous! - Dave you get more out of EZDrummer than anyone I've ever heard. Absolutely LOVE your guitar tone on this. And the playing is exquisite! Perfect "singing guitar". (which guitar? direct? s-gear?)

fj

Floyd nailed it......AGAIN!! This is so sweet!! My EZdrummer is not as talented as yours! Love the way your playing melds with the "dreamy guitar"...They're both dreamy. This is really, really good you guys!! Take care. Greg

ROG #552075 08/31/19 12:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
A cracker!

Cheers, Ray!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
You get Ginger to kick this thing off?

As Janice says, “she always sings with such attitude!”

A pretty voice, yes, but sung like she means business.

Velvety and edgy…just like the guitar soloing on this.

The best rock ballad we’ve heard in a LONG time.

Production, the “connect your own dots” lyric, vocal/guitar performances, mix, RT’s, Drums — everything is hittin’ the note.

Over the top good!

J&B

Thanks for the support as always, Janice and Bud, it means a lot to both Chris and myself smile

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Dave & Chris.

Outstanding.

Loved the whole thing, but have to mention-

(1) The Drums. A great big sound with a fabulous expensive-sounding reverb.

(2) The guitar. A wonderful sound and a touch of Peter Green in the playing.

(3) Chris's voice. Brought me out in goosebumps.

Great stuff.

ROG.

Thanks, ROG!

The reverb on the drums is just the one that comes with EZDrummer2. I used to route them to an external reverb, but found I liked the built in one better.

Yeah, Peter Green! One of my favorite players for sure.

Good to see you back here BTW!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow, what an ethereal sound. Love the intro: the guitar is the focal point for the other worldly sound. Music meshes well with the lyrics. I enjoyed this! Thanks.

Rob4580 #552347 09/01/19 02:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great intro and outro with strong and appealing drums, gorgeous solo guitar playing and the dreamy guitars support it nicely. Chord progression works well. For some reason reminds me of Eric Clapton. Great vocals, flowing smoothly.

Janne

Thanks, Janne! Clapton was my favorite player for many years.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Chris and Dave,

This song started very intriguing with those drums everyone mentioned in their posts. But it stayed intriguing all the time. The way Chris sings makes your song very strong. And it is also such a beautiful voice.
It's another good piece of work from the both of you. Like it very much. Pity I couldn't add a 'like' on your site.

Hans

Your listen and comment is "like" enough for me, thanks!

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Very smooth as is the production and vocal.
Congrats. Rob4580

Thanks, Rob!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Tone,

Tone! Tone tone tone tone tone. Tone tone tone. Tone tone tone tone tone tone tone tone. Tone tone, tone tone tone tone.

Tone, tone tone tone tone. Tone tone. Tone tone tone.

Tone tone!

-Caaron

(Everything else is great too; but you are the king of tone my friend. Every part of it drips in it. And as someone who gets great tone, you already know it takes every aspect of every note to do that. From placement, to timing, to how it's played/sung, to the correct lyrics, to the effects chosen. You've got it Dave and Chris!ALL of it! Great song that needs to be used somewhere.)

I spend a lot of time searching for the perfect tone, always, so your comments pretty much made my day smile

Thanks, Caaron!

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what a tune! I love the textures and vibe on this one. It has a really enticing presence - almost reminds me of Pat Benatar a little bit. A really powerful rock ballad for sure and I found it really captivating.

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers, Deryk!

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Christine and Dave,

wow, where to begin...? Everything is just outstanding about this song and production. Christine, you are am amazing vocalist with a very clear and crispy voice and a lot of dedication.

Dave, the track just sounds gorgeous on all levels - I think I'll have to check out EZDrumer2, what a terrific sound.

Said it before: I like your playing a lot, and in this song the tone of your guitar is especially outstanding.

A really great thing, wow.

Cheers,

Stefan

Stefan, the demo version of EZDrummer is fully functional, you should definitely give it a try. If you like it wait until it goes on sale before buying, it goes on sale a few times a year.

Thanks for the positive comments!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Dave & Chris...

fj

Floyd nailed it......AGAIN!! This is so sweet!! My EZdrummer is not as talented as yours! Love the way your playing melds with the "dreamy guitar"...They're both dreamy. This is really, really good you guys!! Take care. Greg

Hey Greg,

Well, unfortunately the only way to make EZDrummer more talented is to buy the midi expansion packs for it, the more you have the more options you have. I have quite a few at this point, whenever they go on sale I try and pick up one or two.

Thanks for the comment on the guitar!

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Wow, what an ethereal sound. Love the intro: the guitar is the focal point for the other worldly sound. Music meshes well with the lyrics. I enjoyed this! Thanks.

Thanks, Mike!

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very well done. I think you have just the right amount of reverb on the lead guitar.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Stefan, the demo version of EZDrummer is fully functional, you should definitely give it a try. If you like it wait until it goes on sale before buying, it goes on sale a few times a year.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Hi Dave,

sorry for the belated reaction...

Thanks a lot for your hint - EZD2 is just being downloaded onto my PC and I am looking forward to checking it out.

All the best,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,489
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195