Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Fun listen!

This kind of "feel good" rocking song that I'd find at the end of a film when the credits roll, wrapping everything up neatly and sending the movie-goers dancing out the aisle (and piles of popcorn for the poor underpaid workers to clean up).

The song starts out strong on guitar, and then rolls along on bouncy piano. The mix is in your face, in a good way. It demands attention, and Janice and the guitar solo keep it there. Love the key change.

laugh

Hey David, you mentioned everything we had hoped to pull off. We’re delighted it worked for you.

Thanks!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Bud, dear Peter,

I had the great honor (and pleasure, of course) to listen to this incredible song before it was published ,and one of the first things I said was, 'You'll get millions of excited comments on the forum'. Although there are still some missing, the ones you already got show that you really nailed it with this song.

Now that I could read the lyrics for the first time, I became almost unhinged: Your song is telling my amd Maha's story... How the heck did you know it...?

Musically this song is just another treat in the endless row of killer songs I've heard from you. Let's start with the composition - marvellous, love the harmonic shift at the end. Lyrics - see above. Arrangement, choice of instruments - top notch all the way. Mix - fabulous, like others sid it sounds 'live' and I always love to have that feeling listening to songs. Guitar licks and solo - just PeterF: awesome.

And (I saved the best for last): Janice, you're simply stunning - I'm absolutely running out of superlatives.

The way you recorded the backing vocals is totally beyond my imagination - Bud, I admire you for mastering such a challenge.

Have heard Rough Edge for so many times now, but still can't get enough of it!!!

Take care,

Stefan

Stefan
Really appreciate the time you took to review and assist with this song.
Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I listened to this a few days ago, and totally forgot to post about it! I'm not THAT old! What was I saying?

This is stellar! The band is really in the groove. Peter's guitar work is excellent, as always. And Janice, your vocals are over the top. Love the harmonies!

Bud, your mix/production on this is excellent. The drums and bass set a good, solid foundation for all the music bed. Everything is good and clear, and the right parts shine.

Great job!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Really enjoyed this song and I've got to say that it is one of the best that I've heard so far on the showcase forum.
The arrangement and production are excellent, the guitar and vocals are outstanding, and it has great feel.

To me, this song is a very good example of the high standard of output that is achievable when combining BIAB Realtracks with live instrumentation and strong vocals.

All contributors deserve to be congratulated for their input.

Bravo.

Andy

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Peter,

What a thoroughly engaging creation!

From alpha to omega this is as good as music making gets. I honestly don't know how the forum's bar of achievement can be taken any higher than this one lifts it.

The arrangement and mix are awesome... the combination of Ozone, Nectar the Multiband Compressor is stunning. I just sat here thinking over and over, "How can I re-create this mix? It's incredible!" And if that wasn't enough, with Janice's vocals and Peter's guitar work, foreground and background are alive with words and very engaging music. My speakers sizzled.

Janice, your singing is out of this world. Not only are your melodies fantastic but your harmonies are polished and gleaming. I honestly don't know how you do it!

All the best everyone,
Noel

Noel, you know your business when it comes to production so that makes us even more appreciative of your kind and supportive remarks. This was one of those fun projects that sorta grew as it went along. Thanks for listening and your time to mention so many aspects of the tune!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice,Bud & Peter,

First (and second) impression; those are the best multi-part hamonies I`ve ever heard on this forum... no surprise, they`re all Janice!
Everything works (the band,Peter`s guitar, the mix) to serve the happy, rolling along a road together, song.
Very well done!

Robert

Wow, thank you big time Robert. That means a lot to us.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Always love your vox but guitar is holding its own as well. Pro sound as always, brings me back to my days of listening to Bonnie Raitt and Maria Muldaur (early 70s).

Thanks a bunch. We both love Bonnie and Maria!

J&B

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Lyrical images reminded me of movies like Thelma & Louise and Natural Born Killers. Definitely a soundtrack song for a road movie. Killer solo. Superb vocals and harmonies. First I listened on the headphones, but I was surprised that it sounded even better on the speakers.

Janne

Thanks! Glad you felt a road movie vibe....

J&B

Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is so much fun! Janice sounds so joyful and playful on the vocals and harmonies. Being a huge 60's oldies fan, I absolutely love the vintage vibe and arrangement. Great guitar too. I've enjoyed listening several times and played it for my husband - we both think this is a terrific collab y'all!

Thanks Josie. You are right. It was a LOT of fun!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Ok, wow. Just wow. No need for a lengthy analysis and/or critique - just HATS OFF to everyone involved. The vocals, in particular, are worthy of every superlative around. Superb job.

Thanks for listening and the nice comments!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wonderful song as always, but it made me sad because it reminded me of something which happened 30 years ago.

in this wild ride there’re always more bridges to burn
We have no more bridges to burn, she said

let’s try a few more before we reach the point of no return
We have already reached that point, she said

no destination in mind head out you and me without a care
I have a destination in mind which I care for, she said

no directions needed cause any old road’ll get us there
Sorry, no old road will get us there, she said, but take care!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Sorry to bring back those memories but glad you still liked the song.

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Mark K
Janice's vocals very well suited for this style of song. Loved the counterpoint vocal parts. Very well crafted and produced.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great y'all. Really fantastic work!

Mark and David, we appreciate you listening and commenting. Thank you!

J&B

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear 'Bud', Ms. Janice & 'PeterF'...

Well, now, who, an' I mean WHO could resist a rockin’, rollickin', good-times feelin', sassy, struttin', N'awlin's musical romp like Rough Edges??? laugh Not me, honey-bee, ha, ha, ha !!!

Great googly-oogly! You all 'put your foot' in this one. Listening to it as I write this, I'm diggin' Ms. Janice's harmony parts that sound like folks at a party joining their happy voices together in a big 'ol sing-along. The Real Tracks and other instruments fit the feel of the lyrics hand-in-glove.

The lyrics? They sound like something that Laura Nyro would have written, in the vein of When Will You Marry Me, Bill?. Only, this time 'ol ‘Bill’ and his better half
"didn’t need a preacher or empty pledges" to consummate their free-wheelin’ roam-ance.

'PeterF', I’ll bet you couldn’t wait for your cue to solo to arrive, and when it did, you went at it like a dog after a rabbit…or, a rabbit goin' after a dog, which would be more innarestin’ and excitin', of course laugh.

The sun’ll never set on this fun song, folks. I’m sure as a watermelon waitin' to be picked!

- bluage -

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
How did this one slip by me? I'm blown away. It is strong in so many areas. Janice's contribution reaches a new height, IMHO. Congratulations on this one!

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to all who mentioned my part in Bud & Janice's wonderful song.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Well I remembering commenting on one of your songs or Floyds, and I said I would love to hear Janet doing her own backing vocals and well...Be careful what you ask for !!.

Absolutely Brilliant I don't think ill ever post another song here again l.o.l.

Bud well done on this Janet and peter will be proud of the mix and finish on this because its pro stuff,

I am just gob smacked for the way this sounds, to me its like country/Fleetwood mac magic.

Wow, that made our day! Thank you so much!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I was writing a comment and then ...boom ... the whole page just disappeared! I'll bet there's a lot of junk out there floating around in cyberspace!

The intro immediately put a big smile on my face! Love the two semi-tone modulation! Peter is knocking it out of the park on this one ... love his fretwork! Great pickin', Peter!!!

And that key modulation at 2:30! Key modulations almost always breathe a new life into a song. And holy cow ... that Janice can sing just dang near anything and do it so well! All those b/g vocals and the lead vocal blend so smoothly ... great knob-twisting, Bud! And what a great lyric, too! And as I previously mentioned ... Peter shines like the sun on a hot summer day.

That was awesome, folks! Foot's still tapping and I can;t make it quit. Loved it!

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 09/29/19 04:20 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Janice & Bud (and Peter):

What a terrific tune this is—Janice outdid herself on those harmonies . . . just killer. The production nails it on all aspects. Another outstanding collaboration. Cool tune!

My humble regards,

Deej

Thanks Deej -- it was fun and man you have been posting some great material.

J&B

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Peter, Janice & Bud,

Wonderful collaboration as usual.
Very cool opening guitar.
Janice's vocals and harmonies are excellent.
The song seems to be based on blues, but the chord progression is different.
It adopts normal pop progression instead of so-called blues progression.
It is also unique to make a key change in the second half.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki. Great to hear from you! Glad you liked it and the modulation.

J&B

Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hey Peter, Bud and Janice
Wow! Enjoyed that little ditty. Such fun. Enjoyed the background vocals with the oohs and aahs and the echo. Nice stuff. Thank you!

Thanks Joanne. We much appreciate it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
I listened to this a few days ago, and totally forgot to post about it! I'm not THAT old! What was I saying?

This is stellar! The band is really in the groove. Peter's guitar work is excellent, as always. And Janice, your vocals are over the top. Love the harmonies!

Bud, your mix/production on this is excellent. The drums and bass set a good, solid foundation for all the music bed. Everything is good and clear, and the right parts shine.

Great job!

Steve

Thanks Steve and, wow, is your latest post over the top good!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Bud, Janice and Peter !

This is absolutely marvelous !
I am in awe, did,nt think it
possible to surpass yourself but
this is.....well fantastic
and so catchy too !

Simply said a masterpiece
in every aspect !

My best congrats for
this superb co-op !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Andyman
Really enjoyed this song and I've got to say that it is one of the best that I've heard so far on the showcase forum.
The arrangement and production are excellent, the guitar and vocals are outstanding, and it has great feel.

To me, this song is a very good example of the high standard of output that is achievable when combining BIAB Realtracks with live instrumentation and strong vocals.

All contributors deserve to be congratulated for their input.

Bravo.

Andy

Thanks Andy. We appreciate your time to listen and offer such positive comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear 'Bud', Ms. Janice & 'PeterF'...

Well, now, who, an' I mean WHO could resist a rockin’, rollickin', good-times feelin', sassy, struttin', N'awlin's musical romp like Rough Edges??? laugh Not me, honey-bee, ha, ha, ha !!!

Great googly-oogly! You all 'put your foot' in this one. Listening to it as I write this, I'm diggin' Ms. Janice's harmony parts that sound like folks at a party joining their happy voices together in a big 'ol sing-along. The Real Tracks and other instruments fit the feel of the lyrics hand-in-glove.

The lyrics? They sound like something that Laura Nyro would have written, in the vein of When Will You Marry Me, Bill?. Only, this time 'ol ‘Bill’ and his better half
"didn’t need a preacher or empty pledges" to consummate their free-wheelin’ roam-ance.

'PeterF', I’ll bet you couldn’t wait for your cue to solo to arrive, and when it did, you went at it like a dog after a rabbit…or, a rabbit goin' after a dog, which would be more innarestin’ and excitin', of course laugh.

The sun’ll never set on this fun song, folks. I’m sure as a watermelon waitin' to be picked!

- bluage -

Thank you! Reading your review was as much fun as putting this song together.
"roam-ance" Now how cool is that? Very.
Thanks for everything and especially for mentioning the lyric and the N'awlin's feel!
We were thinking of Dr John when we worked on it. Janice came walking into the music room with a stick and a few feathers. Really.
J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
How did this one slip by me? I'm blown away. It is strong in so many areas. Janice's contribution reaches a new height, IMHO. Congratulations on this one!

Thanks Ed.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Well, I was writing a comment and then ...boom ... the whole page just disappeared! I'll bet there's a lot of junk out there floating around in cyberspace!

The intro immediately put a big smile on my face! Love the two semi-tone modulation! Peter is knocking it out of the park on this one ... love his fretwork! Great pickin', Peter!!!

And that key modulation at 2:30! Key modulations almost always breathe a new life into a song. And holy cow ... that Janice can sing just dang near anything and do it so well! All those b/g vocals and the lead vocal blend so smoothly ... great knob-twisting, Bud! And what a great lyric, too! And as I previously mentioned ... Peter shines like the sun on a hot summer day.

That was awesome, folks! Foot's still tapping and I can;t make it quit. Loved it!

Alan

Thanks Al. We always appreciate your insight, comments and support!

J&B

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud, Janice and Peter !

This is absolutely marvelous !
I am in awe, did,nt think it
possible to surpass yourself but
this is.....well fantastic
and so catchy too !

Simply said a masterpiece
in every aspect !

My best congrats for
this superb co-op !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. Good to see back at the forum!

J&B

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Sorry for bumping this back to the top...
But I just found out I missed it when I had to take off from the Forum for a while...
Another great sounding tune...
I really like Peter's playing...
And Janice's complex harmonies...
As well as your usual great lyrics...
Good job!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199