Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#560262 - 10/22/19 11:07 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Forte 11 is about to be released. That explains the free offer for version 10.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition CC, Notion; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#560265 - 10/22/19 11:16 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Pipeline Offline
Veteran

Don't forget Reaper is a great notation editor and has a free DAW that comes with it. I heard users were saying Bandora was just Jammer Pro ?

#560278 - 10/22/19 11:52 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Online   content
Veteran

Quote:
I heard users were saying Bandora was just Jammer Pro ?

I got confirmation from Forte Notation that Bandora is a revamped version of Jammer Pro (when you run it, it's easy to see; works exactly like Jammer worked - set a style, set your loop points; click on Compose to generate the arrangement; top half of the screen is the "mixer"; bottom half is the chord grid; etc.)

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#562332 - 11/03/19 10:49 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: jford]
pianowillbebach Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: jford
The other program is the integrated ScanScore (ScanScore Pro is available as a separate purchase, although I think you get a better price on it if you have Forte Pro).

Scanscore is good too (especially with the handy edit-before-export feature to correct any mistakes the software made in scanning), and it works really well with Forte, as well as other softwares like Musescore. I don't know if there's a discount on that one, since I also picked it up for free with a coupon I found on Facebook.

#562376 - 11/03/19 04:54 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: jford]
Loc: New Mexico
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

huh! I have Jammer Pro and while really, REALLY dated, and its been unsupported (at least with anything new) for well over a decade, I keep it around and running ( BTW it runs fine on Win 10 Pro) because there are things about it that I like(ed).

No hate mail from the peanut gallery please. I've been with BIAB probably a lot longer than a majority of users here (DOS V2, receipt dated 9 Oct 1990). I forget but I think it was originally released on the Atari platform prior to MS DOS in 1990, but am probably wrong on which platform was first. So those folks, and anyone who bought it prior to Oct 90, have been using BIAB longer than me.

Larry
Win10Pro64,i9-9900k,32GB,2TBSSD+20TB HDDs,1080TI,Scarlett18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but I'm really a guitar player w/AXE FX III ++

#562415 - 11/04/19 04:27 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: Larry Kehl]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
So those folks, and anyone who bought it prior to Oct 90, have been using BIAB longer than me.

Ha Ha, you can probably count those forum members on one hand!
(I'm a newcomer. I didn't start with BiaB until 1992 grin)
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#562434 - 11/04/19 07:13 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Yes, I'm 1993. Newcomer indeed. I think Larry might have it nailed.

What a lot of people do not realize is that there was a different forum software before 2000 (the date it says I joined the forum), so the actual date some people started participating predates 2000. There was an overlap period, too, but they did not carry those earlier dates forward. Of course, the Internet itself wasn't used for such until the mid-1990s.
BIAB 2020 Win Audiophile & 2020 Mac UltraPak. Software: Cakewalk, Adobe Audition CC, Notion; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

#562513 - 11/04/19 06:26 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: Matt Finley]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

While with BIAB longer than most I am a true, and total, slacker when it comes to helping others here.

However, NO ONE contributes more to help the BIAB folks here than especially you Matt. However, there are dozens of other over the top contributors and I admit I’m missing at least more than I’m naming: Mario, John, Neil, Pipeline, Bobs (Notes & Jazzmammal), the "Fogle twins" Jim and Charlie – LOL, David (dcuny), rharv, and at least a few dozen more – THIS IS A GREAT and the best on-line COMMUNITY!

I truly apologize to those I didn’t name, I’m old and names escape me . Also there are parts of the forum I usually don’t visit so I’m sure there are additional folks I don’t even know about

The one forum member who contributed with no nonsense inputs and advice, and usually with no coddling allowed grin and who I miss the very most is Mac!

Edited by Larry Kehl (11/04/19 06:26 PM)
Win10Pro64,i9-9900k,32GB,2TBSSD+20TB HDDs,1080TI,Scarlett18i8,MIDI4x4,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,GR-50,Integra7,XV5080,Fantom-XR,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL20, SO3,MC8,AD2,ST3,Kontakt5,Amptube4,etc.. but I'm really a guitar player w/AXE FX III ++

#562568 - 11/05/19 04:56 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
jford Online   content
Veteran

I agree about Mac, Larry. I have unfortunately lost track of him over the years. I did try to call him a few years back (we had chatted previously), but the phone number didn't work. He did have some health issues, but hopefully he is just living and loving life.

LaptopBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NIKomplete/Halion/Garritan/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com

#562685 - 11/05/19 06:00 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Larry,

Charlie and I have been called MANY things but twins, that's a FIRST. smile
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1909, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#562705 - 11/05/19 10:07 PM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: Jim Fogle]
Larry Kehl Offline
Veteran

grin

#562763 - 11/06/19 07:54 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: pianowillbebach]
Matt Finley Offline
Veteran

Thanks for your kind words, Larry. This really is an amazing team.

And I didn't even realize Charlie and Jim were brothers until this week.

#562790 - 11/06/19 11:10 AM [Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)] Re: Notation Software [Re: Matt Finley]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
And I didn't even realize Charlie and Jim were brothers until this week.

That's nothing. Jim and Charlie didn't even realize that they are twins! grin grin grin
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32460 Members
68 Forums
65119 Topics
551789 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Guitarra Chico, Chris M, iNomis, Brian J, rod_house

32460 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 179
Matt Finley 144