Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi there J&B plus Peter.

This certainly ticks all the boxes.

Great song, great band and a fabulous big sound with lots going on, but always staying coherent.

Super playing from Peter.

And Janice - well what can I say that you haven't heard me say before? No one does this any better
and it's a real privilege to get to sit back and listen to her sing.

A wonderful mix, with everything where it should be, except that I might have liked Janice's main vox up a
couple of db, but perhaps that's just me being her biggest fan.

Excellent stuff, team!

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
PB&J,

Cool opening. Let's you know more good stuff is comin'...

What could be better than Janice singing???... FIVE of 'em!!! Of course!
Great vocals (needless to say, say it anyway).

A big "live sounding" mix. Peter's guitar sounds good - nicely played. Nice punchy bass...

A good we-lived-it write.

Good music.

Well, what if...??

smile

fj

Thank you mr jane!

A great review from you is golden.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! Everything about this one drew me in. It has tons of energy, and Janice's vocals on this are stunning. The harmonies are smooth as butter, and that chorus is a total earworm.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk.
Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is one hot track!!! Janice's voice(s) and Peter's guitar are killer. The NOSP piano is a great production choice: It drives this baby. Fantastico!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Fun listen!

This kind of "feel good" rocking song that I'd find at the end of a film when the credits roll, wrapping everything up neatly and sending the movie-goers dancing out the aisle (and piles of popcorn for the poor underpaid workers to clean up).

The song starts out strong on guitar, and then rolls along on bouncy piano. The mix is in your face, in a good way. It demands attention, and Janice and the guitar solo keep it there. Love the key change.

laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
One of my favorite things to do is to hang out with another couple who have a few miles on their tires, listening to stories. So this just filled me with smiles.

Fantastic backing, certainly including Peter's tasty licks and timing. Janice sounds great. The layering of back-ups is very entertaining and "lifting". Well arranged too, with that key change coming in at the right spot. I like this a lot.

Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You mentioned all the things we hoped to achieve!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice, Bud and Peter,

What a thoroughly engaging creation!

From alpha to omega this is as good as music making gets. I honestly don't know how the forum's bar of achievement can be taken any higher than this one lifts it.

The arrangement and mix are awesome... the combination of Ozone, Nectar the Multiband Compressor is stunning. I just sat here thinking over and over, "How can I re-create this mix? It's incredible!" And if that wasn't enough, with Janice's vocals and Peter's guitar work, foreground and background are alive with words and very engaging music. My speakers sizzled.

Janice, your singing is out of this world. Not only are your melodies fantastic but your harmonies are polished and gleaming. I honestly don't know how you do it!

All the best everyone,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Wowza!

Man, I love all those vocal parts, just outstanding! I'll bet it sounds great acapella.

Love that modulation to Bb, nice smooth transition.

And always enjoy hearing Peter do his thing.

Nice job on the write and mix, Bud.

Well done all, very much enjoyed this one!

Thanks Dave glad the modulation worked for you. Appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice,Bud & Peter,

First (and second) impression; those are the best multi-part hamonies I`ve ever heard on this forum... no surprise, they`re all Janice!
Everything works (the band,Peter`s guitar, the mix) to serve the happy, rolling along a road together, song.
Very well done!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Always love your vox but guitar is holding its own as well. Pro sound as always, brings me back to my days of listening to Bonnie Raitt and Maria Muldaur (early 70s).

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
This a great fun mix and a real tor tapper.
Sounds like its been around forever.
Love the guitar work and the sneaky key change.
Rob4580

Thanks Rob!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lyrical images reminded me of movies like Thelma & Louise and Natural Born Killers. Definitely a soundtrack song for a road movie. Killer solo. Superb vocals and harmonies. First I listened on the headphones, but I was surprised that it sounded even better on the speakers.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is so much fun! Janice sounds so joyful and playful on the vocals and harmonies. Being a huge 60's oldies fan, I absolutely love the vintage vibe and arrangement. Great guitar too. I've enjoyed listening several times and played it for my husband - we both think this is a terrific collab y'all!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
PB&J,

Cool opening. Let's you know more good stuff is comin'...

What could be better than Janice singing???... FIVE of 'em!!! Of course!
Great vocals (needless to say, say it anyway).

A big "live sounding" mix. Peter's guitar sounds good - nicely played. Nice punchy bass...

A good we-lived-it write.

Good music.

Well, what if...??

smile

fj

Thanks floyd. Couldn't agree more about the vocals.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
I really enjoyed the lyrics, especially this part:

"in this wild ride there’re always more bridges to burn
let’s try a few more before we reach the point of no return "

Great job!

Thanks Ember! Appreciate you mentioning the lyric. Sometimes I wish we were that adventuresome : )but we have a LOT of fun.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
One of my favorite things to do is to hang out with another couple who have a few miles on their tires, listening to stories. So this just filled me with smiles.

Fantastic backing, certainly including Peter's tasty licks and timing. Janice sounds great. The layering of back-ups is very entertaining and "lifting". Well arranged too, with that key change coming in at the right spot. I like this a lot.

Thanks we appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Great work, all. Janice's multiple vocals take this to a whole other level.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Ok, wow. Just wow. No need for a lengthy analysis and/or critique - just HATS OFF to everyone involved. The vocals, in particular, are worthy of every superlative around. Superb job.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Definitely a live "in the round" sound and feel of being in a band circle.
LOVELY all over, round, under.
Top shelf.

That is much appreciated Ray.

J&B

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Wonderful song as always, but it made me sad because it reminded me of something which happened 30 years ago.

in this wild ride there’re always more bridges to burn
We have no more bridges to burn, she said

let’s try a few more before we reach the point of no return
We have already reached that point, she said

no destination in mind head out you and me without a care
I have a destination in mind which I care for, she said

no directions needed cause any old road’ll get us there
Sorry, no old road will get us there, she said, but take care!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195