Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Using the StylePicker, I get a "Not Found" message when I try to 'Load Song Demo' of any MIDI style. Yet, if I look up the style demo file in my computer folders and double click, it does load & play. Although the program will usually become unresponsive after stopping the demo.
And if I load the (midi) style into the main screen and then use the "Load Song Demo for this Style" option, sometimes it loads and sometimes gives a "Not Found" message.
Any explanations for this type of behavior?
Am using the current version (632) of 64 bit Band In A Box 2019 (UltraPAK+) on a Windows 10 PC.
Thanks.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi buster,

Welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify...

When you mention the "Style demo file", are you talking about an SGU or MGU file (i.e. a BIAB song file), or do you mean an audio file such as mp3 or wav, etc?

Also, when you installed BIAB, which of the four options did you choose? For example, did you choose to run everything from your computer's internal hard drive, or did you choose to run Realtracks and Realdrums from the USB drive, etc?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
The installation was with everything on the computer's internal hard drive.
I'm referring to the SGU or MGU files that reside in C:\bb\Demos\MIDI Style Demos.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I just tried midi styles and their demos with BIAB 2019 (632) 64-bit and they worked for me.

See if this helps...

1. Enter into Stylepicker

2. Down the bottom of the window, there's a button called "Rebuild" - select that

3. Select "Slow Rebuild"

Does this help in any way?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
No, after a Slow Rebuild, the StylePicker still displays 'Not Found' for loading the MIDI Style Song Demo.

As a cross-check, I get the same result on a second computer with the same installation of BIAB.
The second computer shows the same behavior.
Computer #1 is a Dell xps8700 and compute #2 is a Rain Solstice. Both with 64bit Windows 10.

Last edited by buster31; 09/13/19 10:21 AM.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
This might be a long shot, but 'Return To Factory Settings' may be worth a try. It's from the Options drop-down menu.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
First, thanks for the responses.

I did try the 'Return to Factory Settings' suggestion, but the MIDI Styles I had been trying to load the demo songs for, still registered 'Not Found'.

Out of frustration, I filtered the StylePicker to include just the MIDI Styles and started to attempt to load the song demo's one at a time. The first 4 styles failed, but the 5 style loaded as expected. The weird part is they were all from the same style set. Continuing down the list, it seems totally random on which will load the demo songs and which won't.

I do appreciate the help, but at this point I'm going to give it a rest. I get the feeling that something this random is going to be impossible to track down.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi again, Buster.

Can you please give me the name of one or two of the MIDI styles that are creating problems for you?

I'd like to check them out on my computer to see what happens. When I tested the MIDI styles, I just chose random ones and they worked. It might be that the ones you have chosen do have problems.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi buster31,

I never listen to the MIDI demos. I always listen to a MIDI style using my own song. This way I get a true feeling if the style will work for me. Just be sure to uncheck the 4 bar preview.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
StylePicker .jpg (100.99 KB, 92 downloads)

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Style Set #40. Out of the 22 styles, only RB_BARB and RB_FRANK loaded the demo via the 'Load Song Demo' button in the StylePicker. All the the rest generated a 'Not Found' message.

Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your input, MarioD. I understand that 99% of BIAB users would have no desire or reason to load a midi demo song because of the improvements in the sound schemes of the software and the skill of many of the musicians that use it..
BUT, if it is supposed to be capable of accomplishing this task and doesn't, then there's an issue somewhere.
If it is something I have control over, I'd like to resolve it.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Buster,

Thanks for the extra information. I tried half-a-dozen random selections of MIDI set #40 (Rhythm and Blues) and all of them loaded the demo song chord progressions onto the chord sheet -- which is what the "Load Song Demo" button does.

I note that you have tried the following...

1. Return to factory settings.

2. Rebuild stylepicker.

3. You have build 432 installed

I suggest trying the following...

A) Go to the URL below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

B) Download BIAB build 632 again and re-install it. This might help. There was a case recently in the forums where this did the trick for a user experiencing problems.

Also, I have occasionally had unusual program behaviour after installing an update. When that has happened, I have tried going back to an earlier build. That has sometimes solved the problem. This might be worth a try. The earlier builds are also available at the above URL... just scroll down a bit.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Expert
Expert
HI All

No prob with demo songs here from set 40 as well, all load into chord sheet and all play demo in style picker.
Not much help to you but thought you should know.

Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel.
I will give it a try and report.
If it doesn't impact the issue, I will resign myself to locating the file on the computer and double-clicking it to see the chord chart in the main screen.
It's a small glitch I can live with.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: buster31
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel.
I will give it a try and report.
If it doesn't impact the issue, I will resign myself to locating the file on the computer and double-clicking it to see the chord chart in the main screen.
It's a small glitch I can live with.

You don't have to find the style and double click it if you use the process that I use and mentioned in my previous message. The window I showed in that message is on the style picker page.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Mario, in your screen capture, it's the rectangular "Load Song Demo" button that gives me a 'Not Found' message for a given midi style.
Sorry for the confusion.

Noel, going to previous versions didn't change anything.

Last edited by buster31; 09/16/19 11:36 AM.
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Hi again, buster.

I'm not sure which of the Ultrapak installation files contains all the styles and also sets BIAB to locate those styles.

It would be worthwhile sending an email to support@pgmusic.com and asking them how to solve this problem. Also, send the URL of this thread in the email.

Here is a last thought from me that sometimes works when all else fails...

1. Under the "Options" menu there is an option to save your current setup... do this. This will give you a backup of your setup if you need to return to it.

(The reason I mention this is because the below process will effectively delete all your setup and force BIAB to go back to the beginning. This is the ultimate in factory reset.)

2. Exit BIAB

3. Go to \bb\preferences and renamne "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" to "intrface.bbw.old" and "mysetup.dk.old".

4. Restart BIAB. All preferences will now be rebuilt as if it was your first installation of the software.

You may need to rebuild Stylepicker after this.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: buster31
Mario, in your screen capture, it's the rectangular "Load Song Demo" button that gives me a 'Not Found' message for a given midi style.
Sorry for the confusion.

Noel, going to previous versions didn't change anything.

I confused you, sorry. Make sure the 4 bar preview is unchecked and then just click play. The MIDI style will play using your chord structure. If you like it then click OK. If not then click stop and try another style.

I hope this clears up any confusion that I may have caused.

Beginners Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi again, buster.

I'm not sure which of the Ultrapak installation files contains all the styles and also sets BIAB to locate those styles.

It would be worthwhile sending an email to support@pgmusic.com and asking them how to solve this problem. Also, send the URL of this thread in the email.

Here is a last thought from me that sometimes works when all else fails...

1. Under the "Options" menu there is an option to save your current setup... do this. This will give you a backup of your setup if you need to return to it.

(The reason I mention this is because the below process will effectively delete all your setup and force BIAB to go back to the beginning. This is the ultimate in factory reset.)

2. Exit BIAB

3. Go to \bb\preferences and renamne "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" to "intrface.bbw.old" and "mysetup.dk.old".

4. Restart BIAB. All preferences will now be rebuilt as if it was your first installation of the software.

You may need to rebuild Stylepicker after this.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

Noel,
After doing this 'ultimate' reset the results were the same.
Rather than bog down this forum, I will try support at pgmusic.
Thanks.

Beginners Forum
Veteran
Veteran
I have no more ideas springing to mind. Support is definitely the way to go. If you send them an email, include the URL of this thread so that they can see what you've tried.

All the best. If you get a chance, please let us know what the solution was.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195