Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
JJJ, lets switch gears a bit and make sure we're on the same page. When you hit the Reply button as opposed to simply starting to write a reply in the empty box at the bottom of any thread, you see a row of icons across the top. Hover your mouse over the 4th from the left, it says "Enter an image". Click that and it opens another window where you can browse your own computer and post whatever pic you want.

Afaik, there's no need for a 3rd part hosting and hasn't been for years. The only little glitch with this is the image or images always goes at the bottom after your text. To me that's a small aggravation to avoid 3rd party hosting unless it's your own website.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Images don't always show and you need to click on the Attachment, but any image you just right click on it "Copy Image Location" now you can click on the "Enter an image" button
and put that between text and so on with the other 4 images.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
JJJ, lets switch gears a bit and make sure we're on the same page. When you hit the Reply button as opposed to simply starting to write a reply in the empty box at the bottom of any thread, you see a row of icons across the top. Hover your mouse over the 4th from the left, it says "Enter an image". Click that and it opens another window where you can browse your own computer and post whatever pic you want.

Afaik, there's no need for a 3rd part hosting and hasn't been for years. The only little glitch with this is the image or images always goes at the bottom after your text. To me that's a small aggravation to avoid 3rd party hosting unless it's your own website.

Bob

I tried what you said, 4th button from the left, but when I click it I get a box to enter a URL and no option to upload from my computer. So, in order to use this feature I have to store my image somewhere else. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed for me to have this feature?

Veteran
Veteran
Pictures that I want to use, I keep in File Explorer. To upload a pic you click on File Manager, below your post, click on Choose File, then whatever folder in File Explorer you have your pics, choose your pic/file.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Cerio #554497 09/12/19 05:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Wow this thread took unexpected turns smile

Cerio (or pipeline or Jim...) can you please rewind just a little. I missed the party. Where do these "aftermarket" RealDrums live?
I tried the site pipeline mentioned, but it is sleeping...

Thank you.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
www.RealBand.org it has a lot of stuff but not as many as Cerio had, it has a link to Cerio's drum site and Norton Music.
https://www.realband.org/drums.html
https://www.realband.org/tutorial-drums1.html

Veteran
Veteran
Sorry, JJJ, I told you wrong, it's been a while. You do that BELOW the Reply window where it says File Manager. It's the File Manager window that opens up to where you browse your computer and insert the pics. And now Pipeline just explained how to put them anywhere you want. I didn't know that one.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Cerio #554524 09/12/19 11:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline,
http://realdrumsforbiab.com/ this link is dead.... Did it have actual realdrums for sale or midi styles? I assume this is Cerio's site: realdrumsforbiab.com ?

Cerio #554529 09/13/19 12:02 AM
Apprentice
Apprentice
He went out of business a while ago.

I did buy from him as well, although I've never used any of his products in any project.

Last edited by LtKojak; 09/13/19 12:03 AM.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
Milano, Italy
https://soundcloud.com/theodore-kojak/tracks
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
If you send Cerio a PM he would probably work out something for you.
I think this was all of them, but there may have been more ? :

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Cerio-RealDrums.png (9.9 KB, 365 downloads)
Cerio #554871 09/14/19 06:48 PM
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
You get bugs and then you get people who have no idea how to use a software program, mostly because they have failed to LEARN how to use it properly.

There are other music programs I've used and got so frustrated when I couldn't get something to work, all because I FAILED to read the instructions properly and was too impatient to work through the process.

A program like BIAB is so complex, but yet we get individuals who think it's as easy as switching a light switch on and off.

Last edited by rallypally; 09/14/19 06:49 PM.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rallypally
You get bugs and then you get people who have no idea how to use a software program, mostly because they have failed to LEARN how to use it properly.

I somehow doubt that this is the case for the O/P in this instance.

Any programs may have operational issues, but they should not crash. In general, good robust programs have exception handlers to catch errors and handle them properly, even errors caused by operators. They should not crash. I don't know anyone who would argue that crashing is an acceptable outcome for any program to operate.

The difficulty with programs such as BiaB is that the issue might be created by a fault in a mapped 3rd party DLL. This is challenging (but probably not impossible) to deal with.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Cerio #554929 09/15/19 04:30 AM
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Okay, I'm late this to this topic (and, perhaps, speaking prematurely as I haven't read all the replies, yet) but I've NEVER had a problem with BIAB. Never.

Haven't said that, I don't have BIAB 2019. Plan on upgrading with BIAB 2020.

rokq22 #555025 09/15/19 09:10 PM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I remember before VideoTrack suggested to PG to have an error report dialog it would just crash out but now we get that dialog and it don't crash out.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-App-Error-Report.png (38.56 KB, 320 downloads)
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: rallypally

A program like BIAB is so complex, but yet we get individuals who think it's as easy as switching a light switch on and off.

Ironically, I suppose, it was exactly this feature that initially attracted me to BiaB. For the longest time, I used BiaB as a backing tracks player and little else. And it was because of the ease with which I was able to use it as such that led me to continue to use it. And I've been in the upgrade path, off and on, since about 1998.

I didn't find the earlier versions of BiaB I had to be buggy, really. There were aspects of the program that I thought were clumsy, however, which BiaB slowly solved. But sadly I've found the more recent versions to be buggier than early ones. I used 2017 heavily until I upgraded to 2019. I was very productive with 2017 and fortunately the bugs I encountered were few. But 2019 has given me fits ever since I installed it. My productivity has been close to zero with BiaB ever since. I finally got so tired of dealing with the problems I've been having with 2019 that I re-installed 2017, and I'm back to being a happy, productive composer once again. And let me just say this -- if 2020 is as bad as 2019 is, I won't be upgrading. Unfortunately I guess the only way I'll find out is if I buy a copy, at which point I'll just keep my fingers crossed. But it won't surprise me if I have to take advantage of their money-back guarantee. And believe me, I won't be happy if I have to give up on 2020, but if it demonstrates the same problems I had with 2019, then I will have no use for it.

Cerio #555080 09/16/19 06:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Michael, did you post any details of issues you had with 2019? If yes, please post a link to that thread. If no, then why not?

I just did a forum search using your username to see what you've posted about 2019 problems. I found this one

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515707&page=2

This is exactly what I've been saying not only in this thread but for years to anybody. This wasn't your thread but you chimed in with a comment about a stuck midi note. Did you start your own thread about that? No. Several people in that thread say stuff about problems with no details including you. Then the beta testers chime in saying they are not having this issue. I didn't post in that thread because they had it covered. Notice at the end Pipeline found the issue and MusicStudent had to admit it was user error.

You CANNOT simply drop bombs like what you just wrote here and never post what the problems are with a detailed description. That's very unfair.

I used 2017 heavily until I upgraded to 2019. I was very productive with 2017 and fortunately the bugs I encountered were few. But 2019 has given me fits ever since I installed it. My productivity has been close to zero with BiaB ever since. I finally got so tired of dealing with the problems I've been having with 2019 that I re-installed 2017, and I'm back to being a happy, productive composer once again.

You finally got so tired of dealing with the problems. WHAT PROBLEMS??

Bob

Veteran
Veteran
I am a long time user of BiaB but I have complained a number of times about things that I would like to see changed, like opening up MIDI channels, menus, etc. BUT when I use BiaB as it was designed to use I don't have any issues or crashes. I believe that a lot of issues that happen are either user issues, computer issues, or using BiaB for purposes that it was not really designed to do, with the later being a big one. YMMV

PS - As everyone's workflow is different this does not mean there are not bugs to be found.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Cerio #555122 09/16/19 02:22 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Bob, I recall the stuck note thread. I chimed in because I was experiencing it, and had never experienced it before, even with the same pieces of music. As I dimly recall, PGM fixed the bug. Problem solved, I found no point in discussing it further.

As for the other problems I've had -- well, chiefly one, but there have been others -- a person gets tired of beating a dead horse, so to speak. I've complained about the problems I've had, starting with 2017 and continuing with 2019, more than once. I'm surprised you weren't able to find any. I'll go take a look and do a search -- hang on. Found it. Following is a rather lengthy thread I began on 2/6/19. You even responded on one occasion -- blaming the new problems I was experiencing on existing hardware and software that had been working just fine. My last post was on 3/1/19. It was an optimistic post, too, but unfortunately the problems returned. I just didn't see much point in flogging deceased equines any further.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=522876

Mario, if you were to check out my setup, I think you would find I'm a rather textbook example of a mid-level user. I don't even know how to get into trouble with this software, although I'll freely admit, I can probably get it done accidentally.

Last edited by cooltouch; 09/17/19 02:29 AM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
This maybe the future for Live Gigs Biab Hardware Version

cooltouch #555205 09/17/19 10:03 AM
Veteran
Veteran
I just read your thread from last February, very convoluted with a gazillion questions about your system where some were answered and some were not. I can't figure out what finally fixed it, something about reinstalling Biab in a different directory, then doing a Return to Factory settings? Not sure what that all means but it doesn't sound like a problem with Biab itself.

You're still saying you can't use 2019 so what's the problem now?

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,448
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195