Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi noel

This is new to me, I like your mix , less is more , gives space to your tracks and vocals .

Great vocals And backing … this is telling me the best is yet to come !!.

Thanks

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Really liked the build up and chorus. Excellent overall sound, a really nice mix, and a positive vibe.
A very worthwhile renovation.

Peter

Hey Peter,

I appreciate your dropping in. Thank you for listening and for taking time to comment.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Noel,

A good "update". A good arrangement. The instruments are are well placed. The vocal is crisp and clear with warmth. The "fullness" of the chorus with "big guitars" gives it a "current" sound. The solos are really nice. The acoustics sound great (a "personal preference" - I thought they might use more reverb).

Enjoyed it. It sticks with you...

fj

Hi floyd,

Thanks for listening and for commenting. I'm glad you had some time to visit the thread.

I appreciate the heads up regarding the acoustic guitars and reverb. You made me realise that when I put the mix together, I didn't really pay all that much attention to the these guitars' reverb. I'll go back and has a play around, now.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel ...

Hope all is well with you.

I didn't hear the original but this sure does sound terrific! I particularly enjoyed the way the chorus soars without overpowering the verses. Your vocal is as good as any I've heard from you ... and they're all pretty dang good!

The brief lead guitar solo was spot on ... it really put a shine on the arrangement. Loved this one ... glad you went back, dug it out and reworked it. That was a very enjoyable listen. It sounded as good as the Three Musketeer candy bar I just ate tasted! Great stuff, my friend! You post some really terrific music!

Wishing you all the very best ...

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 09/30/19 02:53 AM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichardB1985
I enjoyed this, very uplifting and you have a brilliant voice. I'd like to hear the old version if you have it anywhere to compare the two.

What are your thoughts on the CLA plugins and Ozone? I have the CLA vocals plugin as part of a Waves subscription and I like it so I was considering getting some of the other ones.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the visit! I'm a fan of the CLA plugins. They definitely make it easier to obtain a good overall sound by having easy adjustments for tone, compression, delay and reverb. The ones I use most are 'unplugged', 'drums' and 'bass'. In additon, I've used the 'vocals' one a couple of times and the 'guitar' one a couple of times (for electric guitar Realtracks). I prefer Nectar for vocals and Ozone for the final mix.

I purchased the CLA plugins at a bargain basement price and didn't take up Waves offer of a subscription. What this means is that my version 10 plugins will stay at version 10 without being updated (which I'm happy with).

Since I bought Waves' Linear Multiband Compressor, though, where I used to use CLA plugins as my first port of call, I now find myself starting with the LinMB plugin and then migrating to CLA if I cannot get LinMB effectively creating to get the sound I'm after.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Noel
I like this a lot. Very nice lyrics and vocal.
You've labelled it a 'rock ballad' but to me it somehow has a bit of a folky feel about it (maybe its the tone of your voice and the delivery).
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,

Great to see you. Thanks for listening and posting comments. I agree with you about the 'rock ballad'. It's probably more a folk-meets-rock ballad. While I love listening to rock, it's a genre that I don't feel very comfortable writing in. I'm definitely a remnant of the folk songs from the late 1960s! Now if only I could write lyrics half as clever as yours....

Appreciate the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love the positive messages on your songs. Very uplifting Noel. Super vocal and loved the backtrack. Well done..

Thanks Scott. It's always excellent to see you. I appreciate the comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Noel !:))

What a sweet tune from you !
Love the new horizons it
brings to me too !
This is one of your
absolutely best !

Congrats to you Noel !

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Noel

This was sounding nice and full on my side , Its a pleasant listen clear and precise ..chorus was just fitting for the style of this song.

Enjoyed my listen.....
Only one thing left to say..?

Leon1 I enjoyed this, very uplifting and you have a brilliant voice. I'd like to hear the old version if you have it anywhere to compare the two.

So would I.

Hey beatmaster,

It's good to see you. Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to listen. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We've also begun to revisit some older projects but unlike you I get so depressed with the way they sound I don't have the heart to tackle re-doing them smile

This has all the Noel goodness. A heartfelt positive lyric and vocal and a well mixed band (excellent RT choices).

What better attitude could one have than "The best is yet to come?"

No need to parse it out. We like it ALL!

Kudos on the remix.

J&B

PS And, we are huge fans of that CLA series...I'm slowly but surely moving a bit away from Neutron and more toward them...patricularly the CLA drums and CLA unplugged.

Hi Janice and Bud,

I'm pleased that you found time to visit. Thank you. And thanks for the comments, too.

I have never used Neutron but, given the calibre of your mixes, it must be a mighty fine plugin. Also, that Waves Linear Multiband Compressor you introduced me to gets a huge working out these days. That truly is an amazing plugin. It is now my initial 'go to' plugin when I first start taming tracks and mixes. If that doesn't do the job, I then move to CLA. (While these plugins helps heaps, I still haven't discovered a passion for mixing yet!)

Thanks again for passing through,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice anthemic ballad with uplifting simple message. Great vocals and production, BIAB has done wonders again smile

Janne

Hi Janne,

Good to see you! I appreciate you time and thanks for commenting, too.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Yes... BIAB is my wonder-worker... it's kind of like a superhero when it comes to writing songs!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark K
Agree with Steve Young about liking the way "the best is yet to come" repeats. I read in a song writing book the best way to make a lyric memorable is to repeat and repeat often. A slightly melancholy mood, yet optimistic. Well done vocal, mix, and production. Enjoyed the listen.

Hi Mark,

Thank you! It's very kind of you pass through and have a listen. And I'm pleased to read that your caught the song's intended mood. My premise for this was that it's about moving on to new pastures... not that there's anything wrong with the old ones... just that change happens as a part of life.

Thanks again.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Noel,

I really liked this one: A very nice positive write which is perfectly represented by the melody and your singing - superbly arranged and sounding great. Enjoyed the listen a lot!

Take care,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I appreciate your kind words. Thank you. When it comes to arranging, though, I've got a long way to go to catch up wot you!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Noel, you totally won me with the first two lines:

Sitting by a campfire
Beneath the Southern Cross

Boy I've done that so often. The Victorian High Country is my favorite place from absolutely everywhere.

Fantastic delivery, lyrics, loved the phrasing 'walked the green and gold'. Perfect.

Trev

Hi Trev,

Ahh... the high country! I agree with you, it's truly magnificent.

In 2014 I went on a trip through Gippsland, Omeo, and ended up a bit north of the Blue Duck Inn (Anglers Rest). I stayed on a farm and did a spot of horse riding over a few days. There were campfires, the Southern Cross and just lots of fun.

We came back over the Great Alpine Highway across Falls Creek and then down through Bright and visited some of the many wineries. I wouldn't mind doing that trip again sometime but I'm probably too dilapidated these days to manage it. Still, some wonderful memories were made on that journey.

Thanks for reminding me about it. And thank you for dropping in and having a listen. I sincerely appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Hi noel

... I like your mix , less is more , gives space to your tracks and vocals .

Great vocals And backing … this is telling me the best is yet to come !!.

Thanks

Hi again, Beatmaster.

Thanks for a second visit. Now you really have me smiling! I appreciate it lots.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Did I just do that ! .

I find it impossible to keep track on comments !.

Hope I'm not the only one, old age..!

Thanks Noel

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
beatmaster,

A recent innovation that Andrew (from Team PG) introduced to the forum is the 'green dot' as shown below.

This dot shows you which of the threads you've visited and made a comment in. As you can see on the image below, I've been to all the threads shown except for Joanne Cooper's.

I love this little indicator. It makes life in the forum much easier smile

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
green dot forum indicator of post.JPG (44.59 KB, 51 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: bluage
'Noel96'...

A Road With New Horizons would be a great song for me to listen to when I don't feel like getting up and going to work in the morning laugh...

I like the loose-feeling rhyme scheme. The pedal steel guitar track sounds so sweet and bluesy that I'd like to try to find a place for it in a jazz composition !!!

Your lyrics are like a flag held aloft in the hands of someone at the head of a long line of weary, but hopeful followers, leading them to a place where they might find the things they are looking for, and in abundance...

Sometimes I think you might be a minister of a congregation. That's how consoling and spiritually reassuring your songs always seem to be.

- bluage -

Hi Loren,

Thank you for the visit. I always enjoy reading what you write whether it's in a thread of mine or anyone else's. You have a very skilled, gentle and pleasant way with words.

I am sorry for disillusioning you but I am not a minister. I am a school science teacher so maybe that's impacting on my presentations!

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Solid production. The instrumentation in baby bear porridge ---just right! I really like the soaring melody in the chorus. Thanks.

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Great tune Noel. This is well written and uplifting. I got a laugh when you speak of updating this older song. Every professional to give me songwriting advice over the years have stated to not go back to old songs. Move on to new ones. However, revisiting my old songs is one of my favorite things to do.

2012 was before I joined the forum so this song is 'new' to me and all is good... wink

Enjoyed my listen.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195