Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dave & Chris
Super catchy and magnetic tune. Grabs attention from first seconds.
Performance from both of you is A+.
It does have a different sound feel from the latest, and I think it is excellent. I like that you are not shy from trying out new approaches. In my opinion it makes music more colorful and interesting.

P.S. Even in my crappy travel headphones this sounds like silk. That tells me it was done with love.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We listen to and dabble around producing songs in multiple genres...but our hearts reside in the blues.

Whether blues, blues rock, rock blues, delta blues, Texas blues, Chicago blues or BlueAttitude blues we love it all.

We have no difficulty in placing your productions in the top tier of our blues listening. Pro stuff all the way.

Your drums and bass always lay down such a fine foundation sounding like a couple of players who've worked together for a while.

This song is no exception. Chris sounds great and she delivers the write in convincing form.

Your fills and solo have the ability to sound distinctive yet so well support Chris. A great combo.

Yeah, we like it smile

J&B

Thanks as always Janice and Bud, I really appreciate the support you have given us over the last few years! smile

rayc #557679 10/03/19 11:07 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
GREAT guitar tone to kick off.
The guitar=organ balance is nicely done.
Vocals are ace.
Everything sounds period perfect except for the kick drum.
The kick has the ultra modern thump free sound that is preferred in modern metal.
I's not impossible to EQ carve & boost to get some vintage thud n thump.
Excellent solo.

I need to learn more about drums I guess. To me they sounded fine, but when I passed your comments over to Chris she said she was thinking the same thing about the kick drum. I'm just using the stock drum kit that came with EZDrummer2, maybe I need to look at upgrading that.

Thanks Ray, always great to get that sort of feedback, I appreciate it!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
No Worries.

Last edited by rayc; 10/03/19 11:52 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Lead guitar is a strat style guitar I built myself using parts from Warmoth and other places....Absolutely priceless.

As always I love the sound you put out always a pleasure to listen to and comment.

The vocals and the guitar are professionally complimenting each other as you would hear from Fleetwood mac style etc.

But that's what dedication, hard work, commitment does in music, it shines through in your overall sound.

Thanks

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As before, I am in awe of your guitar work, and you have such an instinctive knack of complementing the vocal with your fills. I read you production comments on Nectar 3, which I use too, and it sure has saved me a lot of production vocal headaches.

PeterF #557831 10/04/19 11:18 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Loved it and so very tasty! Excellent vocal and delivery. Superb guitar parts loved the repeating riff and a wonderful solo.

It all sounds great to me.

Peter

Yes, the song pretty much got built around that riff.

Thanks, Peter!

Leon1 #557832 10/04/19 11:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Dave and Chris
Tasty is the word. Nice vocal and lyrics (I particularly like the line 'you can have all these diamonds, just tear down the sky') and outstanding guitar work.
Regards,
Leon

Great to see you here, Leon! I'm a fan of your work with Peter.

Thanks for the kind words!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi dave and chris great work 0n this I like the lyrics and the mix is big and done very well thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Excellent. The guitar always gets out of the way nicely for the vocal. I love her tone/timbre - fits really well for this type of song. Enjoyed the listen.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave,

Once again, you and Chris deliver the goods.

Your production chops just keep on getting better and better and better -- and they have ALWAYS been top shelf! I don't know how one gets more top shelf than top shelf, but that's what seems to be happening.

What is evident in listening to you and Chris in this one is teamwork. Both of you have been creating music together for some time now and it shows.... Chris writes to anticipate and complement your guitar playing and you match what she does like icing on a cake. You're both a very powerful song-creating force!

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this... the song, your playing, Chris's singing, the whole production! As it usually does when I click on 'play' with one of your songs, the first word that came to mind as yet another "Wow!"

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Dave, thanks for going into so much detail regarding the production, too. I love reading about this stuff and it helps me, and I'm sure others as well, understand how you achieve such a brilliant sound.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'Blue Attitude' and Ms. Spruit...

W-o-w. The caustic, challenging lyrics sung so declaratively by Ms. Spruit are mercilessly driven home by some scalding, lashing 'lectric gee-tar work from 'Blue Attitude'! The "Real Band' certainly keeps the momentum going with its stomp-down funkiness. The song sounded like someone was tracking me down.

These Times is dramatic, provocative music-making for sure, folks! It's 'the blues', all right, but with some teeth snap-snap-snappin' at my soul.

- bluage -

Last edited by bluage; 10/05/19 05:32 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really strong and cheerless lyrics of the current state of the world. And a blues song is a good choice to express that state. Great production, I like the B.B. King style dialog between the vocalist and the solo guitarist.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Robertkc #558067 10/07/19 12:02 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Had a nasty bite to it that I loved and was perfect for the lyrics. Solo was right there and the singing was tops.

Thanks, TuneMonger!

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work! I'm getting some strong 70's vibes on this one. Delightfully catchy. I think it flows really well, and the vocals on this are top notch.

Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks for the listen and comment, Deryk!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
What a riff to open with- Mercuriall Tube Screamer- couldn`t have put it better!
On first listen your guitar fills are so good the lyrics ( which have a nice edgy poetry, as Chris` often do)take second billing. Going to take in the vocal and strong message there now.
Retro hard rock at its best.

Robert

Could be I have the guitar fills too loud if they are taking away from the vocal, the vocal always needs to be the star. I'll revisit it down the road if we decide to do more with this song, thanks for mentioning it!

And retro is what we do best I think, it's the music we both love.

Thanks for the listen and comments, Robert!

dani48 #558198 10/07/19 11:18 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another high quality production from the blues masters!! Chris has developed into such a great singer, and Dave has wonderful tone and style!! Fantastic bluesy tune guys!! Take care. Greg

Appreciate that, thanks, Greg!

Originally Posted By: Bangsey
Awesome, great song!

Thanks for stopping by, Bangsey, and welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Dave, Chris and Christine !:))

What a wonderful tune
so professionally sung and
played !:)) A most superb
production that i hope will
go very high !:))

Cheers
Dani

Hey Dani,
Chris and Christiane are the same person, Chris is her nickname smile
Thanks for the listen and comment!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Performance and production are spot on. Engaging with a nice edge in the vocal and that "Strat".

much enjoyed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Wow, this is exceptional. Fabulous vocal delivery, and clearly a big effort went into the production.

Knockout guitar work puts the icing on the cake.

Sensational.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
HearToLearn #558377 10/08/19 10:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Ok, this will be an embarrassing story; but since it's a compliment to you; I will allow my own embarrassment.

I was at Walgreen's waiting for my prescription to be filled. It was going to be a few minutes; so I went to walk around the store a bit. They had some pretty killer music on; much to my surprise. I thought "this makes the wait worth it." I couldn't place the song; but the band sounded familiar. Really good too! After a bit it was bothering me that I couldn't figure it out. I wanted to know who the band was; but also the name of the song. I figured I would add it to one of my playlists. I went to grab my phone out of my back pocket and...the song was coming from MY phone! It was YOUR song! It took me a minute to figure it out. I had your song lined up to listen to and somehow bumped it to play.

I guess telling this on here wasn't so embarrassing; but realizing I was leaving the line and walking around the store with "my own music" was a bit of an embarrassing realization. Oh well. It's not the worst.

That being said, I was so enamored by the song that I was going to look up the artist to hear the song again. I liked it that much! As it would turn out, it sounds even better on a proper system. wink

Chris sounds great, you sound great...the mix, the write, the call and response...everything.

How long before PG has "Blue Attitude-Dave" real tracks? smile

Possibly the coolest comments we have ever received on one of our songs.

Thanks so much, you truly made my day when I read it smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Dave, hi Chris,

very impressive !!!! Great, great, great lyrics (I think that we might need more of that kind) wrapped in a wonderful blues arrangement.

Chris, you're an awesome vocalist, and Dave, I said it before - I love everything you're doing with your guitar. Very nice tone and brillliantly played. Top-notch all the way.

Love it.

Take care,

Stefan

Rustyspoon# #558501 10/09/19 11:32 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very good song Dave and Chris. Loved the intro. Panning the guitar was very nice add to the song. Super vocal and your guitar was just smokin. Well done... Very interesting on how you mixed the song.

Thanks, Scott!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dave & Chris
Super catchy and magnetic tune. Grabs attention from first seconds.
Performance from both of you is A+.
It does have a different sound feel from the latest, and I think it is excellent. I like that you are not shy from trying out new approaches. In my opinion it makes music more colorful and interesting.

P.S. Even in my crappy travel headphones this sounds like silk. That tells me it was done with love.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Always trying to get better at the production side of things, and there is always something to learn.

Thanks, Misha!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195