Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
N
Nomi Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Hi,

in the last years I always updated my audiophile version of BiaB, and so I did this year.

In the meantime I have lost the overview of the content of all these bonus- PAKs and 49-PAKs I have bought over the years. My account shows bonus things since 2015.

Do I have to download all that extra stuff (Real Tracks) from my account and install or copy it to the RealTrack-folder on the latest hard drive which came this year? And are these bonus RealsTracks uncompressed audio files, as the rest of the audiophile version?

Or are these extra RealTracks of the 49-PAK automatically copied in uncompressed form to the hard drive which is supplied by PGMusic with the audiophile version?

Is there anything else, what I should copy from my account to the lastest hard drive (2019 version of BiaB)?

Is there a possibility to prove what should be on my hard drive in respect of what I bought over the years – supplied by PG Music?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Norbert

Germany

iMac, Intel Core i9, 64 GB, OS X 13.4
BiaB 2023 for Mac, Audiophile version
Nomi #557275 10/01/19 06:18 AM
Expert
Expert
I have a similar question only, with me it begins at 2016.

As far as I can tell, 2019 Audiophile contains everything from 2017–2019. I'm not sure about the earlier years, however.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
Nomi #557297 10/01/19 08:23 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The 2019 hard drive you have there is complete and has all the aiff files. So you don't need to re-download (with the exception of any Xtra styles - those would need to be (re)installed on your new hard drive). You can run the program directly from that new hard drive. I suspect that you tried to move files to another hard drive, and you probably missed some files, because the screenshot shows that it's missing .ST2 files from the new 2019 RealTracks (for example, RHarm021.ST2 from RealTracks Set 303.).

Did you merge the RealTracks folder from the 2019 hard drive into the RealTracks folder on your '2018' hard drive? If so, that's fine, and now you could now run the hard drive installer (Band-in-a-Box Setup) and just point it to your '2018' drive. It will update the rest of the files.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
N
Nomi Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Dear Andrew,

thanks for your reply.

You are right. I did put all the staff from the audiophile hard drive 2019 to the audiophile hard drive 2018 to have a security copy – with the effect that 187 RealTracks were missing.

I did how you suggested. It did not help. If I start the program from the 2018 external hard drive. 187 RealTracks are missing, independent of the path I choose for the place of RealTracks.

When I start the program from my internal drive on my iMac, it's the same: 187 RealTracks are missing, independent of the path I choose for the place of RealTracks. (Before I got my 2019 hard drive today, I downloaded BiaB 2019 from my PG account and installed it on my iMac to try it out.)

When I start the program from the external 2019 hard drive, everything seems to be in order, no RealTrack is marked as N/A. However: 2713 RealTracks are listed. That is, following your homepage, 13 more than the „normal“ amount of RealTracks available on the audiophile hard drive. What with the four 49PAKs I bought? What is with these RealTracks? They are not listed and therefore not marked as N/A, not marked as missing. Am I right? What with the normal bonus PAKs?

I should be grateful if you could advise me in the following points:

• Is there a way, that I start the program from my internal hard drive on my iMac without missing RealTracks? (I will forget the 2018 hard drive.)
• Is there a way to receive alle these additional RealTracks bought together with additional PAKs (if their amount overruns 2700) – in uncompressed form?

(I hope my school English did not hinder me to make me understandable; it's nearly 50 years, that I had no practice.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Norbert

P.S.: I put the same answer on my other topic: „Missed RealTracks“ because I did not exactly understand if your reply refers to both topics.

Germany

Nomi #557318 10/01/19 11:22 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Is there a way, that I start the program from my internal hard drive on my iMac without missing RealTracks? (I will forget the 2018 hard drive.)

Yes there is. Did you run the "Band-in-a-Box Setup.pkg" file on the 2019 audiophile drive? Did you check the option "Install BB on internal Hard Drive" on the installation Type screen?

You do have a few options, but in my opinion you should just run Band-in-a-Box from the external hard drive it shipped on. In addition, use one of your previous audiophile hard drives as a backup by copying/merging the content of the 2019 hard drive to it.

Quote:
Is there a way to receive alle these additional RealTracks bought together with additional PAKs (if their amount overruns 2700) – in uncompressed form?

Yes you have those in your new drive, I've checked your account. I'm not sure where the number 2700 came from, but there are about 3000 RealTracks, not including Drums, and the number in the RealTracks Picker goes up to 3326. If you are running version 2019 and you don't have any showing "N/A", then you have them all.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
N
Nomi Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
N
Dear Andrew,

thanks again for your reply.

I will follow your advice and I will run BiaB from the external HD shipped by PGMusic.

Despite of that I am still confused about some items.

I have followed your advise and have chosen the option "Install BB on internal Hard Drive" and used the external hard drive, shipped by PG Music, as custom folder location for RealTracks and RealDrums; with the result that most of RealTracks sets 301 to 328 are missing and marked as „N/A“, when I start BiaB from in internal HD. 2713 RealTracks are listed. (Shown are various RTs under sets „800“ and „Vid“. I do not know what these are. See attachement.) The StylePicker shows 6893 items.

Things are different, when I start BiaB from the external HD, shipped by PG Music.
Listed are 2713 items min the RealTracks Picker. (I guess that means 2713 RealTracks.) The StylePicker now shows only 5766 items. These are more than I could ever use, but strange indeed. How comes the difference?

You write that you checked my account and that „RealTracks Picker goes up to 3326“. In both cases (iMac and external HD)„my“ RealTracks Picker only shows 2713 items. (See attached Pngs.) How do I come to the number 2700? I took it from the PG side „https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm“. I do not know what the „+“ in „2700+“ means, perhaps these 13 more in my RealTracks Picker. I guess, that with the „+“ the additional RealTracks of the 49PAKs are not meant, as these have to be paid extra. and are not supplied with the HD shipped by PG Music. (Although I would prefer shipped individual HDs which contain all these items I ever bought; not possible and profitable for you, I suppose.)

You write „If you are running version 2019 and you don't have any showing "N/A", then you have them all.“ Wouldn't it mean, that the RealTracks Picker should list these 3326 items? And wouldn't it mean, that you shipped an individual copied HD with all RealTracks I bought with 49PAKs?

One last question: Should I download all these PAKs from my account and install them on my external HD shipped by PG. And are these files uncompressed as well?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards.

Norbert

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
RealTracks Picker Dialog iMac.png (1.01 MB, 4 downloads)
StylePicker iMac.png (825.47 KB, 4 downloads)
Style Picker External HD 2019.png (1.69 MB, 4 downloads)

Germany

Nomi #557659 10/03/19 07:21 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Norbert,

Let's start with the StylePicker. The number 6893 is the total number of styles (.STY files) available from PG Music. This includes "Xtra Styles" which are not included in the Band-in-a-Box packages, but are some additional styles that we make that use existing RealTracks. In the StylePicker if you see this number but you don't have Xtra styles there are a couple of possibilities. (1) you may need to rebuild the StylePicker (Fast rebuild ok). (2) you may have the StylePicker set to show all styles including N/A styles (this is an option under the Other button).

5766 is the number of styles excluding Xtra styles. Both of those numbers are precisely what they should be as of version 2019 build 308, so I think all is good there. If you have rebuilt and you are showing only available styles (which is the default) and it says 5766, that is great.

Regarding the RealTracks, I see what you mean by 2700 now... I was counting them a bit differently - sorry. Absolutely, there should be 2713 total items in the list (as of Oct 3, 2019). Our docs mostly say there are 2700+ RealTracks, I would emphasize the "+", especially if you take Drums into consideration. Both of your RealTracks Picker screenshots look the same to me, so I'm not sure what you were trying to demonstrate with that. There is an "NA" column in the RealTracks Picker, and there is nothing in your screenshots that has NA in that column... so I think you are in great shape.

Regarding the number 3326, that is the RealTracks/Soloist # of that instrument. Actually this number doesn't really represent the number of RealTracks, since MIDI SuperTracks and Soloists are also assigned numbers.

Regarding the PAKs, there is no harm in downloading them, but you don't need to and the RealTracks (including uncompressed files) are on your drive.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,531
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200