Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What an amazing post!!!

First off, the writers you worked with! What?!?! I know you provided their names; and links but for those who may be wondering...

Danny "Bear" Mayo was an American songwriter, primarily known for writing country hits for artists such as Alabama, Tracy Byrd, Pirates of the Mississippi and Confederate Railroad. Byrd's "The Keeper of the Stars", which he wrote with Dickey Lee and Karen Staley, was named Song of the Year by the Country Music Association in 1995.

Bucky Jones-writer of 9 number 1 songs, with 25 top tens and over 270 songs recorded in career.

Um...like the pirates say, "Holy Ship!" That's some pretty rare air! shocked

Now to the tale of two versions.

The studio demo, to me, sounds like a hit. It sounds like a song that if someone told me that it was a hit from that time; I would not question it for a second. The singer doesn't sound exactly like Reba, but the elements are there so you don't have to reach far to imagine she would have done this song. She even has the "ts" sound for her "s" sound. Great song; and a great version of it.

The second version, to me, sounds amazing in a different way. As people have mentioned it does feel a bit more emotional. I don't think it's any one factor though. I think it's a combination of you putting your influence on every aspect of the song. I'm not sure if it's re-imagined or finally imagined, but it's really great to hear. Your singing delivers the song extremely well. Add in Janice, and honestly, that home run ball took out the lights! You two sound absolutely incredible on this. If I had to use a term to describe the overall feel, I would say it sounds "intimate" in the instrument choice and production. This adds to the delivery of the vocals you are using. Each element coming together to masterfully deliver a beautiful song.

It's strange, because it's not like I dislike the Nashville version. I like it an awful lot! It's almost as though it's two different songs to me. Both feel right in different ways. The biggest "feeling" difference comes down to a singer/backup singer feel countered by a duet. Because of that, it's a very different comparison for me. Both have their strengths. I'm not really seeing a downside in either. Personal preference has me lean towards your version. I wouldn't say the other comes in second though. I'm not sure if that makes any sense? I differentiate quality and personal preference.

Either way, I loved both versions of the song. It's emotional. I love to FEEL when I hear music. You did that for me! Thank you!

***sorry. didn't have time to proof read it. It's speech to text, so there may be some interesting sentence and word choices. wink

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
I really enjoyed both songs and the back story of the song itself. It all comes together as a strong testament for the song itself. It works for a superstar to record, for a newcomer to record, as a demo; whether recorded in a major company studio or a home studio, and as a single. It works with a female vocalist, a male vocalist, with female or male and BGV's and as a duet.

Wonderfully written, arranged, produced and performed both times. Enjoyed the many journey's the song took me on.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd ...

I listened to both songs day before yesterday. I wrote a long, detailed comment. I clicked onto the "Submit" button, and like two other comments I wrote ... it disappeared into the dark regions of cyberspace. I'd bet there's a lot of cyber junk out there!

Anyway, I sat and thought about each recording for quite sometime ... perhaps an hour total, before writing that comment. I'll try to recapture what I wrote that vanished as best as I can remember.

The demo version: Loved it! That lady can sing ... should be a star. It had all the elements looked for in a demo ... a demo of that time and era. In my opinion, it's about as good a demo as could have been recorded anywhere by anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Your version: Super! It's my opinion that few singers, demo or otherwise, can fully infuse the emotion of the writer. The emotion may be as strong but not necessarily express the exact mental/emotional state of the writer. You know what you wanted and man ... did you ever deliver! Your vocal and all the backing tracks were simply super. There's a certain "begging for gut emotion" in your version that does not exist in the demo.

In summation, it's very difficult to compare the two because they were recorded many years apart and the wants and taste of Nashville and the listening public changed noticeably during that time frame. I think the demo was perfect for the era (early 90s?) of country music in which it was recorded. There's little doubt in my mind it would have been a monster hit had Reba put on her CD. In today's country music world, I don't think the demo would get a lot of second listens. Not because it's an inferior song (it's a GREAT song), but because it doesn't fit the image of today's country music. And producers, A and R folks, etc., listen through today's ears.

So, for me, it's not a matter of which do I think is the better delivery of the song. It's a matter of which version fits the mold of country music at the time of recording. I think your version would have a much better chance in today's marketplace, but the demo would have been a better fit for the era in which it was recorded. They're both fabulous. It just depends upon which hole you're trying to plug into.

I hope that made sense. if not, let me know and I'll try to better explain.

Regardless, it's a super fantastic song, regardless of when it was recorded. Best to you,

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Enjoyed both versions, Floyd, as well as the background story. Personally, I think the song is well suited to a female singer (and the woman on the Nashville demo is very good indeed). A shame that Reba passed on it.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon! Appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

This is simply your best !
Love everything about it !

Cheers
Dani

Dani - your reviews always bring a smile... smile

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Wow! I did listen to both versions. Both were excellent. I can see why some will like your new version, and some will prefer the "Nashville" version. Both very well crafted. You have really learned how to milk it all out of BB. Well done! (By the way, once again, you and Janice shine on this one!)

I really appreciate your backstory. Exciting times, being around such a wealth of talent, and business savvy. Also shows how competitive and challenging that scene is/was. You really have to keep your center. I salute you for following your dreams, and for the success you have had.

And I really appreciate us having you on this forum. So many talented people on the forum,it is challenging (and probably dangerous) to acknowledge one over another, but you are among the ones who constantly raise the bar for all of us. And that makes all of us better for it.

Really love this song!

Steve

Steve - thanks for the very kind review and thoughts. I'm glad we've got you, as well... !!!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, what a story, especially for those of us sitting at our little desktop studios. I often think about Emily Dickinson and how she wasn't published in her lifetime and could easily have gotten missed in the dustpiles of history. How many songwriters have experienced the same thing? Hopefully not many. Maybe this song would've been a hit if RM had heard it on a good day. I wonder.

TM - thanks for stopping in for a listen...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I like the simplicity of the arrangement in the BIAB version, it feels more sincere. In the demo I like the stronger contrast between the verse and chorus, giving true wings for the story. Nice lyrics and good vocals on both versions.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Floyd/ Janice

I enjoyed my listen , brilliant vocals guys and mix and arrangement.

As Expected.

I never listened to the Nashville one why ?.

Their is no way on gods earth we will get a full studio sound in home recordings , Damn near ..or in my opinion closer to the way I want to hear music now.. as we do hear Talent on the scale of producing, performing, arranging, production, writing, Mixing, mastering, creativity.

Now Why Would I want To Compare Eh !!!

I'm listening, Waiting for your reply congrats !.

Thanks

beatmaster - glad you enjoyed this. I disagree with the idea that we cannot get a full studio sound using the tools that we have available. I think there are a number of people on these forums who are doing just that....

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Listened to the BIAB version first—real pretty tune and stellar BIAB production . . . you couldn’t ask more of a pro demo. And a terrific vocal, btw. If I had on comment on the suggestion is that the kick on the drum seems a bit too strong . . . for me, at least . . . perhaps a slight bit of compression on it? Just a thought (use or lose), as you know my talents on mix are woefully lacking.

Then I listened to the Nashville Demo . . . well, it’s really, really clean and accentuated by just a killer vocal . . . and perfectly flawless. Real, real pretty . . . and deserving of radio play, no doubt.

And, yeah, it’s clearly a step above the BIAB version . . . BUT . . . for ordinary folks, you make a great point about the value of BIAB: “Your first demo using Band-In-A-Box will cost you about the same as a single Nashville demo (one song). BUT every one after that.... costs $0. ZERO!”

Ain’t that the truth . . . I’m just a newbie to the software, but the more I hear and the little more I learn, it makes me appreciate just how incredible this software is. Thanks BIAB for making it, and thank you Floyd for showing us all song after song just how good it can make us all sound.

My best to you,

Deej

Deej - thanks for the thoughtful review...

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! This one brought a tear to my eye.....which is the greatest compliment I can give!! So sweet!! As a father of two teens who are approaching the age when they will set out on their own, this song means a lot to me. The vocal is just gorgeous......maybe your best Floyd, which is no small accomplishment! And Janice is as good of a harmony singer as I have ever heard (lead singer too!). ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! BIAB Hall of famer for sure!! Take care my friend. Greg

Greg - thanks for all the nice comments. I especially appreciate that you brought up (first) the emotions evoked by listening to the song... That means a lot to me...

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
…….beatmaster - glad you enjoyed this. I disagree with the idea that we cannot get a full studio sound using the tools that we have available. I think there are a number of people on these forums who are doing just that....

Your welcome for the comments, what I meant was it is damn close to what we achieve in the home studio and I was no way intending to put anything down but I meant comparing to the eagles, pink Floyd etc in multi equipped studios.. well I try and thrive to get close that's what keeps me going but...do I get the same as ?.

Anyway what we do get on here is brilliant quality to me for home studio sound so big round of applause.

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Misha & Steve

I appreciate the harmony mention. floyd and I have sung together a lot but the emotion of his lyric and vocal on this song was so touching that I will forever treasure being a part of it.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!! This one brought a tear to my eye.....which is the greatest compliment I can give!! So sweet!! As a father of two teens who are approaching the age when they will set out on their own, this song means a lot to me. The vocal is just gorgeous......maybe your best Floyd, which is no small accomplishment! And Janice is as good of a harmony singer as I have ever heard (lead singer too!). ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! BIAB Hall of famer for sure!! Take care my friend. Greg

Greg, comments like yours coming from somebody Bud and I consider a great singer is overwhelming. I am deeply appreciative.

Janice

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Both arrangements sound great to me. Speaking to the vocals, I prefer the Floyd/Janice version - more warmth and emotion comes through, nicely matching the message of the song.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
dcuny #557806 10/04/19 01:52 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I'm not gonna lie - I liked the "sheen" and production of the Nashville version. There were bits that seemed a better match in the Nashville version, like the climb into the first chorus.

Plus, louder is always better, right? wink

But... your vocals sold the song to me in a way the demo didn't, pulling harder on the heartstrings. And that's the most important part, because (to me) the really good songs evoke a strong emotional response.

There may be any number of reasons Reba passed on the song, but listening to both versions, I think lyrically the song tips a bit more to the male perspective. From the start:

the day you came into this world
was the proudest of my life

seems a bit more like something a guy would say. "Proud" isn't a word I've heard a mom use to describe childbirth.

Similarly,

i prayed to god to help me
teach you wrong from right

sounds (to me) like a dad sort of thing.

The POV just seemed a better fit with a male singer.

Then again, I'm from California, so what do I know about traditional values? grin

Love the story, excellent song. Thanks for posting this!

I'm late to the party but glad that I came. I listened to both versions and Dave said exactly what I was thinking.

This should be on the radio.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
bluage #557843 10/05/19 02:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark K
Yes, a hit song under the right circumstances. I think Janice did some of her best work on the harmony vocal. The drums have just the right amount of pop to them.

Thanks for stopping in, Mark. No question...I could not ask for a better singing partner than Janice...

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Maybe music has come a long way since those demos days, or maybe Floyd is just a better producer, but the BIAB version is light years better--richer, deeper, more vibrant, more tonal, better produced.

I am not going to slam the other but it sounds kinda thin by comparison.

The 2019 version could be on the radio. I think it is awesome.

Yeah, Band in a Box with some mad skills plus some pipes can do the trick now.

smile

Mr Snyder - don't think I could ask for more support than that!! Thanks for the cool review... (about time we heard whatever you've been keeping under wraps...)

Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Jane...

Only a Dad could've produced such a poignant pearl of a portrait of the vast and fathomless loving thoughts and feelings that parents have for their children. Wherever You Go sounds like a lullaby, really, with lyrics that are observant and nostalgic.

And, oh, those Real Tracks !!! Like a musical bed of flowers with the lyrics painted on each one of their colorful petals. Your singing voice has always been expressive, and full-hearted, Mr. Jane, but here, in this song, you sounded as though you were holding back emotions that threatened to overwhelm you. 'Moving' is the word, right ???

Ms. Janice, it was nice to listen to you harmonizing each tender word until it flickered and glowed like a little birthday candle. blush

Whoever is the subject of the song would be rendered speechless upon listening to it, as their gratitude ran silently down their cheeks.

Truly,

- bluage -

bluage - thanks for capturing the true essence of the song... really appreciate that...

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Where have I been to miss this?!
This is an amazing song. For those who have kids who now live away from home it is SO poignant.
Your original is filled with sincerity and made me fill up.
The Demo, although beautiful and perfect in every Studio way possible was just that - a Demo. Give me "feelings" every time.
Best regards
Ian

Ian - great to have you drop by. It does please me that my version seems able to compete with the Nashville version (from what a lot of folks have to say, anyway...)

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd, another masterpiece from you and Janice.

Masterfully crafted, perfectly delivered.

Thanks for the background to the song also.

Trev - thanks for stopping in for a listen!! Good to see ya!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What an amazing post!!!

First off, the writers you worked with! What?!?! I know you provided their names; and links but for those who may be wondering...

Danny "Bear" Mayo was an American songwriter, primarily known for writing country hits for artists such as Alabama, Tracy Byrd, Pirates of the Mississippi and Confederate Railroad. Byrd's "The Keeper of the Stars", which he wrote with Dickey Lee and Karen Staley, was named Song of the Year by the Country Music Association in 1995.

Bucky Jones-writer of 9 number 1 songs, with 25 top tens and over 270 songs recorded in career.

Um...like the pirates say, "Holy Ship!" That's some pretty rare air! shocked

Now to the tale of two versions.

The studio demo, to me, sounds like a hit. It sounds like a song that if someone told me that it was a hit from that time; I would not question it for a second. The singer doesn't sound exactly like Reba, but the elements are there so you don't have to reach far to imagine she would have done this song. She even has the "ts" sound for her "s" sound. Great song; and a great version of it.

The second version, to me, sounds amazing in a different way. As people have mentioned it does feel a bit more emotional. I don't think it's any one factor though. I think it's a combination of you putting your influence on every aspect of the song. I'm not sure if it's re-imagined or finally imagined, but it's really great to hear. Your singing delivers the song extremely well. Add in Janice, and honestly, that home run ball took out the lights! You two sound absolutely incredible on this. If I had to use a term to describe the overall feel, I would say it sounds "intimate" in the instrument choice and production. This adds to the delivery of the vocals you are using. Each element coming together to masterfully deliver a beautiful song.

It's strange, because it's not like I dislike the Nashville version. I like it an awful lot! It's almost as though it's two different songs to me. Both feel right in different ways. The biggest "feeling" difference comes down to a singer/backup singer feel countered by a duet. Because of that, it's a very different comparison for me. Both have their strengths. I'm not really seeing a downside in either. Personal preference has me lean towards your version. I wouldn't say the other comes in second though. I'm not sure if that makes any sense? I differentiate quality and personal preference.

Either way, I loved both versions of the song. It's emotional. I love to FEEL when I hear music. You did that for me! Thank you!

***sorry. didn't have time to proof read it. It's speech to text, so there may be some interesting sentence and word choices. wink

And...what an amazing post you have given me in return!
I wrote with Danny a lot. He was a super guy. A heart of gold. His passing was a real blow. (I wrote a couple of times with Bucky).
How nice that you note the strengths of each of the versions. That is a nice way to put it - rather than picking one over the other, since they are different and (according to what has been written here) stand on their own, so to speak...
Thanks for mentioning my "other partner" - she (and Bud) have been a huge part of music for a long time. I've been fortunate to have great friends to do music with...
Thanks for a wonderful review!!...

MarioD #557982 10/06/19 04:29 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I really enjoyed both songs and the back story of the song itself. It all comes together as a strong testament for the song itself. It works for a superstar to record, for a newcomer to record, as a demo; whether recorded in a major company studio or a home studio, and as a single. It works with a female vocalist, a male vocalist, with female or male and BGV's and as a duet.

Wonderfully written, arranged, produced and performed both times. Enjoyed the many journey's the song took me on.

Charlie - I am always interested in hearing how you perceive a song... THanks for the nice comments on this one...

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Floyd ...

I listened to both songs day before yesterday. I wrote a long, detailed comment. I clicked onto the "Submit" button, and like two other comments I wrote ... it disappeared into the dark regions of cyberspace. I'd bet there's a lot of cyber junk out there!

Anyway, I sat and thought about each recording for quite sometime ... perhaps an hour total, before writing that comment. I'll try to recapture what I wrote that vanished as best as I can remember.

The demo version: Loved it! That lady can sing ... should be a star. It had all the elements looked for in a demo ... a demo of that time and era. In my opinion, it's about as good a demo as could have been recorded anywhere by anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Your version: Super! It's my opinion that few singers, demo or otherwise, can fully infuse the emotion of the writer. The emotion may be as strong but not necessarily express the exact mental/emotional state of the writer. You know what you wanted and man ... did you ever deliver! Your vocal and all the backing tracks were simply super. There's a certain "begging for gut emotion" in your version that does not exist in the demo.

In summation, it's very difficult to compare the two because they were recorded many years apart and the wants and taste of Nashville and the listening public changed noticeably during that time frame. I think the demo was perfect for the era (early 90s?) of country music in which it was recorded. There's little doubt in my mind it would have been a monster hit had Reba put on her CD. In today's country music world, I don't think the demo would get a lot of second listens. Not because it's an inferior song (it's a GREAT song), but because it doesn't fit the image of today's country music. And producers, A and R folks, etc., listen through today's ears.

So, for me, it's not a matter of which do I think is the better delivery of the song. It's a matter of which version fits the mold of country music at the time of recording. I think your version would have a much better chance in today's marketplace, but the demo would have been a better fit for the era in which it was recorded. They're both fabulous. It just depends upon which hole you're trying to plug into.

I hope that made sense. if not, let me know and I'll try to better explain.

Regardless, it's a super fantastic song, regardless of when it was recorded. Best to you,

Alan

Alan - thanks for taking the time to write up your thoughts a second time!! And I really appreciate the things you had to say. Thoughtful, perceptive. I agree that tastes have changed (the sound that is expected) and they do fit their era. It would, of course, take a "slightly more mature" artist to record a song with this message - and there are so few of those these days...

Thanks for the wonderful discussion...

Originally Posted By: beatmaster
…….beatmaster - glad you enjoyed this. I disagree with the idea that we cannot get a full studio sound using the tools that we have available. I think there are a number of people on these forums who are doing just that....

Your welcome for the comments, what I meant was it is damn close to what we achieve in the home studio and I was no way intending to put anything down but I meant comparing to the eagles, pink Floyd etc in multi equipped studios.. well I try and thrive to get close that's what keeps me going but...do I get the same as ?.

Anyway what we do get on here is brilliant quality to me for home studio sound so big round of applause.

Got it. Thanks...

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I'm not gonna lie - I liked the "sheen" and production of the Nashville version. There were bits that seemed a better match in the Nashville version, like the climb into the first chorus.

Plus, louder is always better, right? wink

But... your vocals sold the song to me in a way the demo didn't, pulling harder on the heartstrings. And that's the most important part, because (to me) the really good songs evoke a strong emotional response.

There may be any number of reasons Reba passed on the song, but listening to both versions, I think lyrically the song tips a bit more to the male perspective. From the start:

the day you came into this world
was the proudest of my life

seems a bit more like something a guy would say. "Proud" isn't a word I've heard a mom use to describe childbirth.

Similarly,

i prayed to god to help me
teach you wrong from right

sounds (to me) like a dad sort of thing.

The POV just seemed a better fit with a male singer.

Then again, I'm from California, so what do I know about traditional values? grin

Love the story, excellent song. Thanks for posting this!

I'm late to the party but glad that I came. I listened to both versions and Dave said exactly what I was thinking.

This should be on the radio.

Thanks, Mario. Glad to have you stop by....

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Both arrangements sound great to me. Speaking to the vocals, I prefer the Floyd/Janice version - more warmth and emotion comes through, nicely matching the message of the song.

Peter - It is always nice to see you drop in to the Showcase...and an honor to have that be in this thread.

Thanks for the support.

And Thanks!! for this MAGICAL software that allows us to produce studio quality music in our own back rooms...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to listen to these songs and offer comments...

JANICE!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Sorry I'm late to hear this one...
I've had some medical issues that have slowed me down...

I like your collaboration with Janice on your Biab version...
As usual both vocals & harmonies are engaging & good...
I also appreciate the story behind the song...
Now I'm going to listen to the Nashville demo.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
After listening to the demo...
I must admit I liked the Biab version better...
Tammy's vocal was terrific & I'm sure Reba's rendition would be also...
But......
To me this song sounds like it needs a dad singing to his daughter...
And you did exactly that in the Biab version...
Maybe someday George, Blake, or some other popular male star will pick it up...
And record it!

Jim
†=☮&♥
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,341
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213