I'm starting to use the Melodist again after neglecting it for several years. More than before, I am missing these needed features:
1) expand song form options beyond AABA or "no form". How about Intro-Verse-Verse-PreChorus-Chorus-Instrumental-Verse-Bridge-Prechorus-Chorus-Chorus-Outro? or any other combination you can think of? The Song Form Maker dialog could be incorporated into this to swap around song sections.
2) In the "Create chords and melody in a style similar to" dialog, list song examples in the notes window and other notes that would help select a melodist. 217 melodists are a lot to browse through.
3) A2 Tranpose: give a choice of what scale degree or key to transpose to. If #1 is adopted, then choose which section to transpose
4) Auto Titles: update this with many new titles
5) In the song mixer, give us a default mix that makes more sense instead of piano and guitar panned to the right when we generate a melodist. Also, no reverb on bass. How about a patch menu of pre-made mixes listed by genre? Or isn't this supposed to follow the Preferences/Channels volume levels? It does not seem to do so.
6) Double click on Melodists in the menu and hear a MP3 audio example of a song with its form listed after it (like AABA) Why not do the same for the Instrument and Harmony menus?
I am on BIAB 2017 and a far as I know, the only change made since my version is the addition of RealTracks to the Melodist. Is that right? For any other changes made, please let me know. This is one of my favorite features of BIAB. I hope it gets some updates soon.

Band in a Box 2024 build 1109, Studio One 6.52, AMD 3900X, 32gb ram, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit, Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820, Yamaha CP33, TriplePlay midi controller

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkzi0yL2slMhPVCxc9E9usA