Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
jford #556794 09/27/19 09:46 PM
Off-Topic
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
That was pretty cool, Mike. I loved that you could get off the boat to take video from the shoreline for a completely different perspective. Navigating locks, underpasses, and tunnels kept you on your toes, I would imagine.

We are out this weekend on our maiden voyage. Just locally at Big Lagoon State Park. We got everything set up in an hour, then enjoyed a nice beer, grilled burgers for dinner, took a walk with the pups down to watch sunset along the water, and then called it a day. We'll stay at the campground until tomorrow evening.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
jford #556991 09/29/19 04:08 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've been to 49 US States, and camped all over the west and Alaska. You are going to have a great time.

At some time in your travels, I recommend Alaska. Early spring when the days are long and before the black flies and mosquitoes emerge. Plan your gas as there could be 200 miles between gas stations.

We tried to stay every other night in a park so we could dump the black/grey water tanks. The other nights in a pull-off on a deserted road in the woods. We woke up once to a huge bull-moose grazing about 15 feet away from our camper window. We also saw a white wolf (supposedly good-luck) and a black bear outside the camper.

Watch out for big trucks on the paved roads if you go. Stay well back. They pick up gravel in their tire treads and then spit them out. We got a cracked windshield for a lesson.

Keep in touch and tell us about all your travels so we can be both green with envy and happy for you.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
jford #557033 09/29/19 10:22 AM
Off-Topic
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bob (Notes) Norton -

Thanks for the the tip. We are definitely planning on doing Alaska, but probably in about 5 years when I retire. That way we can take as much time as we need to make the trip. We're hoping our other trips will help build up to that trip (can't go too much farther than from Florida to Alaska).

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

jford #557115 09/30/19 03:18 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
When you do Alaska, take a day trip to Point Barrow, the northernmost point on the continent. You can't drive there, but it's worth the hop on a plane. We took a small tour with an Inuit guide and even gave out samples of his favorite food, raw whale blubber marinated in its own blood in the permafrost for over a year. Leilani tasted it, I declined.

Barrow has 35 miles of road that don't leave town, a great Mexican restaurant, and looking north to the Arctic ocean it changes color from dark blue to the lightest pastel blue as the sun goes around in the spring and never sets.

When you get to Florida, the Everglades National Park is nice but only in the dry season. Besides for few mosquitoes, the 'glades is a 50 mile wide, 2" deep river. During the dry season it dries up except for the deeper areas (sloughs, pronounced slews). Where the water is, the fish are, and where the fish are the gators, birds and other wildlife are.

I like February and March best. Long Pine Key in the National Park has some nice campgrounds, Flamingo has some more. Near Flamingo if you are lucky you can spot an American Crocodile. They are making a comeback from about 300 in the 1980s to thousands today. For gators go to Royal Palm - almost guaranteed. In the northern part of the park are the gators. The difference is salt, the fresh/brackish in the north is where the gators are and the salt in the very south is where the crocs are.

On the way in stop at "Robert Is Here", a fresh fruit stand where they sell the best fresh fruit milkshakes this side of heaven.

The Florida Keys are nice. Key West has gotten 'touristy' since the cruise ships started docking there, but it's still worth a visit. Park your camper in one of the keys north of Key West and drive in. Stock Island might have an RV park, and Bahia Honda has a State Park.

Oh, I could go on and on. I love traveling. We live in a 900 square ft cottage with no kids, no pool, no pets, no debt and spend all our money on experience rather than possessions. No Cable TV, no jewelry, buy moderate cars and run them until they are unreliable, and don't even run the AC. That's not for everybody, but it works for us.

Notes

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
jford #557276 10/01/19 06:21 AM
Off-Topic
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the tips, Bob. This is all good stuff. We're in a similar situation - we own out house outright (it was a foreclosure that we got for a steal and then I did a lot of the work to make it perfect for us). Our credit cards are paid off every month (in fact, we've been doing that for 25 years). We have internet through the cable company, but not cable TV. I've got an antenna on the roof that pulls in more content than I could ever watch in the little time we have to watch anyway. And we have NetFlix, so lots of content there. But we're even happy reliving the old shows through channels like MeTV. We've got an Over-The-Air TIVO (which was a one time purchase with no monthly fees that gives us a two week TV guide look ahead and the ability to program our favorite shows to watch when we want).

We love being outdoors and enjoying nature, but we're at the point that we just can't really sleep on the ground anymore (age catches up with you). So the trailer more than meets that need, and lets us travel with our dogs (since many hotels disallow pets, and those that do charge an arm and a leg).

We are going out again in October to a campground in Navarre to test the boondocking features, and then will plan on lengthier trips after that. My wife and I are all in. I will pack one of my arranger keyboards in the trailer, so I'll even be able to play a little music while out and about.

John

jford #557487 10/02/19 11:22 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great!

I try to travel every year. Last year I spent 5 weeks in Australia in a camping van (tiny Toyota van with the motor between the front seats, a tiny kitchen, bed that could turn into a table but never did). It was a rental of course. I had to use campgrounds because there was no toilet in the camper.

But it was a great vacation. From Brisbane to Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef to the northeastern point, over to Darwin (top center) down the middle to Kangaroo Island, and finally to Sydney via Adelaide, Melbourne and Mallacoota. We saw platypus, cassowary, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, echidna, emus, dingo, 2 ton man-eating crocs (from a safe distance) and more birds than we could find in the the guide book.

The Australian people are some of the most civilized, good-natured, polite, and kind folks I've ever encountered. And they do a lot of camping down there.

This year I went to Vienna and surrounding Austria taking public transportation and staying in a hotel.

Good luck with your first adventure. I'm confident everything will be just fine.

Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 10/02/19 11:23 AM.

jford #557713 10/04/19 04:58 AM
Off-Topic
jford Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When I was in the Army stationed in Germany in the early '80s, we went down to the local (German) Avis rental places and rented a relatively small Mitsubishi RV (looked a lot like picture below, but big enough to hold four of us) and headed south to tour Switzerland. It was a five speed manual transmission with the gear shifter on the column, and you had to be careful not to push it down to reverse when going for 5th gear.

We camped in the foothills of the alps, were able to walk into town for fondue and other great food, got sunburned (didn't realize until too late), but just had a blast. That was a wonderful experience.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Mitsubishi RV.jpg (157.83 KB, 28 downloads)

John

jford #557841 10/05/19 02:35 AM
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That's a good sized camper for a vacation. Small enough to park in a city or a shopping mall for supplies, probably gets decent fuel efficiency, and big enough for two people to be comfortable in

I like the bed over the cab feature, as you can keep the bed made all day and still have sitting room in the back.

My father-in-law had one like this only it was over a Ford Econoline van. We borrowed it a few times.

I rented a slightly bigger one for a month in Alaska, again with the bed over the cab and it was perfect. The slightly bigger one was large enough for a toilet.

I hope you have tons of fun on your future adventure.

Notes

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199