Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Probably a stupid question (I have no shortage of those) but is it possible to purchase older versions of Band In A Box?

I was using version 10 until my computer crashed, now it's back online but the program just won't work anymore. My only option seems to be to repurchase the software, but at the moment I couldn't even afford the basic 2019 version.

So, is it possible to purchase older versions? Or am I just going to have to scrimp and save?

Expert
Expert
I think if you have a registered version you should be able to log into your account and download it. Go to the pgmusic.com web site log in then go to My Account - My Products and download what you have purchased.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Veteran
Veteran
Do you have an account with PG Music? If so, contact them via the support page, and see if they can give you a link to your original version download.

Regardless, I think they will be the ones to assist you to recover better than us forum members.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, definitely contact PG Music.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Journeyman
Journeyman
Assuming you legitimately purchased and registered any version, PG will likely treat you right.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Unfortunately I never got around to registering the software frown

Last edited by JackGreen18; 10/13/19 05:52 AM.
Expert
Expert
Hi

Version 10 is from cica 2001
So lets hope you registered it, or that it is in your purchase history on your account if bought from PG.
If you purchased from a third party then you should likely have a boxed version with enclosed installation media on disc or cd
even so if you registered it with PG I'm sure they can help.

Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Veteran
Veteran
Were you ever on PG Music's mailing list or ever purchased any product directly from PG Music? It's possible the third party you purchased from may have registered the sale with PG Music for you. PG Music keeps pretty good records on customers and potential customers. If you had any relationship with the company they likely can identify the sale.

As others have stated, you need to contact the PG Music sales department.

Good luck.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JackGreen18
Unfortunately I never got around to registering the software frown

If you bought the software from PG Music originally, you will be on their books. It would still be worthwhile contacting them.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Loz Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
As others have said - if you bought direct from PG they will have your records and will be able to help you get the software. BUT, as somebody who has recently upgraded from 2007 to 2019, I would highly recommend the upgrade to the latest version.

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I bought version 10 from a third party, and unfortunately, I never got around to registering the product. I have since lost the original installation disc.

Looks like I'll be without the program until I can afford an upgrade.

D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I don't think version 10, or 2010 required registration. I believe 2017 was the first.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Expert
Expert

HI

I bought version 10 from a third party, and unfortunately, I never got around to registering the product. I have since lost the original installation disc.

Looks like I'll be without the program until I can afford an upgrade.

Well there is a lesson there if you want support buy from PG or a reputable reseller and register the purchase.

I notice you only joined a couple of weeks ago. If you came here hoping some one would give you a copy of an old version I am afraid you have come to the wrong place. Members here would not get involved in any illegal transfer of pg products.

If you own a PG music product then you can upgrade at a special price this means your licence is for the new product only, not the new and old version (my understanding)

So the only person that would have a transferable product (with help from PG),
would be someone who had bought all their products as a first time buyer at full price and not subsequently upgraded them. They would hold a full licence for each product.
You wont find many folk that spend that sort of money, most go the upgrade route

So you can see there is not much chance of some one giving you one unless they have an original full licensed version, that has not been used as the basis for an upgrade.

Just my thoughts
Mike

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
At no point did I ask for anyone to provide me with a free copy of the software, and I'm quite offended by the accusation that my intention was to acquire an illegal copy.

I am strongly against piracy of any kind and never steal any kind of media. If I'm unable to get something, I go without.

Veteran
Veteran
Just call PG. They'll hopefully sort it for you.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Expert
Expert
Hi blush
Let me apologise you seem to have misunderstood my post.

I did not accuse you of anything I said “if you came …..”
And then went on to explain why that would be difficult anyway if a person had a copy that was part of an upgrade chain.

The written word can often seem a bit harsh at times, but please don’t take my post as an attack on your integrity, this is not my way, and certainly not my intention.
Best Regards
Mike
smile

Veteran
Veteran
As mentioned a few times, calling PGMusic may surprise you.
They are pretty good at satisfying customer situations, even if the 'proof' of prior purchase may be hard to find.

Probably worth your effort to make the call, may save some $$.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
As mentioned a few times, calling PGMusic may surprise you.
They are pretty good at satisfying customer situations, even if the 'proof' of prior purchase may be hard to find.

Probably worth your effort to make the call, may save some $$.

Yep, that's still my recommendation.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I have spoken to PG Music, but because I bought the software from a third party never registered the product, there's nothing they can do to help me.

Veteran
Veteran
Sorry to hear that Jack.

If you have an opportunity to save up a few dollars, you will be amazed at the features in the latest version.

Also, there may be some discounted sale offers available in December, so it's worth keeping that in mind.

A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Also, I don't know how badly broken your old version of BIAB is. If you still have most of the files, the chances are any additional styles etc. that you bought would still work. So if you are really strapped for cash you could buy the cheapest no add-ons version of BIAB and copy the stuff from your old version.

But as VideoTrack says, traditionally the next version of BIAB comes out in December and there are usually discount offers that include lots of stuff bundled in the package. So if you can wait, do.

Andy

Expert
Expert
HI Again

You don’t say if you still have the biab folder present on your drive.
Or if you lost every thing by re formatting the hard drive.
If you just reinstalled or repaired windows without reformatting the hard drive then the c: bb folder should still be there.
If it is but its just a case that it no longer runs , it may well help to download and install the last update for version 10
Band-in-a-Box® Version 10.0c Update (505 KB)
This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® version 10.0 - 10.0b to version 10.0c. Please note that you must have versions 10.0 to use the update. If you are using any other version, the update will not succeed.
You will find this at
https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

scroll towards the bottom of the page to find this

You may also need to run the installer from the C: bb folder to install a couple of bits in your new copy of windows ( fonts etc )

Hope this is some help.
Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Lesson learned, always back up your system.

But that doesn't solve your problem. If none of the previous suggestions work then head to Ebay. They have a number of old BiaB versions available. If you purchase a newer version make sure that it comes with a registration number.

Good luck.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I managed to rescue the folder exactly as it was pre-crash, and thought that pasting it back in after recovery would work, but I get an error message saying that it is incompatible with the version of Windows that I am running. I have tried the upgrades, as well as every method out there to try to get it going, but nothing works.

Veteran
Veteran
There is still information missing here.

Do you have BIAB Version 10, or Version 2010? Go to Help, About.

What version of Windows are you using? Windows may have to be run in compatibility mode.

BIAB of any version will open the files made by BIAB of any version, unless there are perhaps plugins involved. We need to know details.

What was the exact error message, and what were the exact steps you took to get that error?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I am using version 10 (not 2010) on Windows 7. I have tried every compatibility mode but none of them work.

I don't know of any plugins being used.

The error message appeared after I had to factory reset my computer. I can't remember exactly what it says so I will let you know later (I am out using mobile data at the moment)

Expert
Expert
Hi
HI just a thought there are two versions with similar numbers
Make sure you get the update for the right version
Version 10 update A B OR latest C
As well as Version 10 links that I posted earlier there is another much later version from 10 years later this is

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2010.5 Build 308 Update (25 MB)

was the last version

This is available in the same place as all updates see my other link

Mike.
Sorry Mat missed your post

Last edited by Mike Head; 10/15/19 11:31 AM.

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
I have tried using these updates, but they didn't work either.

Veteran
Veteran
Biab was still 16 bit back then I believe. Does it mean anything????

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Expert
Expert
HI as you have rebuilt windows7
I am fairly certain you will have to rerun the installer from your BIAB folder.
To set it up in Windows 7 with fonts and other bits
I would do this in compatibility mode for an older version of windows as it will be well pre W7

Not certain what the installer EXE file is called but you should be able to identify it by its name (do not try to use the ordinary bb.exe that is used for running the installed program.
Some one may be able to help with the installer name.
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 10/15/19 12:00 PM.

Veteran
Veteran
The exact error messages for the several errors you report will be very helpful.

When you said PG Music couldn’t help, what did you ask them?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Biab was still 16 bit back then I believe. Does it mean anything????

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
A brief recap of what lead me here and questions answered...

1. Running BIAB Version 10 on Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit.

2. BIAB would not load beyond welcome screen - in the Task Manager, it did not appear in Applications but did appear under Processes.

3. Ran check for viruses and malware, system clean.

4. Ran Disk Defrag which crashed system (would not boot)

5. Removed hard drive and rescued documents and programs. Reinstalled Windows 7.

6. Pasted BIAB folder back into computer and attempted to run. Received the error message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

7. Have tried running all available compatibility modes, DOS emulators, software updates and all sorts of solutions that I found online to run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit system, but nothing has worked. I am unsure if this version of BIAB is 32-bit or 16-bit.

8. I cannot reinstall the program as the original installation discs were lost in a move a few years ago.

9. I contacted PG Music and asked them what my options were given the above circumstances. Given that the program was bought from a third party via eBay and I failed to register it, they were unable to help me.

10. I am ready to throw my computer out the window.

Last edited by JackGreen18; 10/15/19 02:00 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
I could be wrong, but I also think BIAB was 16 bit at v10, so it's not going to work at all in a 64 bit OS.

One thing you can try, which should work, is to install XP Mode on Windows 7, if you haven't already (assuming XP Mode is still available) and then run BIAB 10 in an XP virtual machine. XP should be able to run 16 bit apps. Just don't install the Roland VSC-3 Sound Canvas, which won't work on XP.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
It worked fine before all of this happened, so I can't understand why it won't now.

Either way, I have tried your suggestion, but it did not work.

Veteran
Veteran
If I get a chance, I'll try to re-install my old BIAB 10 on Win7 and see what happens. Are you running 32bit Win7 or 64bit Win7?

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
64-bit.

Veteran
Veteran
Jack,

Have you always run Win 7 64-bit?

In the past if you had run Windows 7 32-bit, or an earlier Windows 32-bit version, the program may have worked and if you re-installed or updated to Windows 7 64-bit, this could have caused the problem.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
No, it was always 64-bit. At this point, I'm tempted to do another factory reset, this time on 32-bit, just to see if that would fix it.

Last edited by JackGreen18; 10/16/19 12:00 AM.
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
If BIAB is an old 16bit program and you have updated to Window 7 64bit that may be the problem. Switching to Window 7 32bit might be easier. There are options to get a 16 bit program running on Windows 7 64bit. These might help..

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2045345/run-an-old-program-on-a-new-pc.html

https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_can_we_run_16_bit_applications_in_windows_7_64bit

But this looks like a lot of work. Probably finding a way to get a new version of BIAB would be the best route.

Andy

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Yes, they are a lot of work, I've tried them both (and neither worked)

A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A
Then I think something must be corrupted in the BIAB installation. It may be some of the DLLs aren't in the right place, which might be fixable. Or it may be that some of the files are still corrupted despite you recovery. The "incompatible" popup could just as easily be caused by a corrupt executable that Windows just doesn't understand.

I think it is unlikely Windows is at fault if other things are running without a problem. So I don't think another factory reset will help.

You're probably going to have to resort to eBay or wait for the deals in December.

Andy

Veteran
Veteran
Jack,

When you say that you tried all the compatibility modes, how did you 'try' them?

The file that they need to be used with is BBW.EXE -- did you right-click on this file, select properties and then select a compatibility mode?

It would also be worthwhile trying 256 colors and using 640 x 480 screen resolution -- this might help.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
This is a long shot. I don't know if these files existed in your version. The fact that the program won't launch may be due to a corrupted configuration file(s).

Try this:

With BiaB shutdown, open your x:\bb\preferences\ folder. In that folder, rename the files intrface.bbw and Mysetup.dk (rename to anything, e.g. intrface_OLD.bbw).

(These files may be in the x:\bb\ folder depending on which version you have. You may need to search for the files: Mysetup.dk and intrface.bbw)

If you can find them, rename them.

Then try to start BiaB.

Good luck.

Expert
Expert
HI

Indeed Video Track’s advise is good . so give it a go.
As far as running 16bit progs on W7 64 goes.
A 64 operating system on a 64 bit pc can run 32 bit programs
Normally windows put 64 prog In Program files and 32 bit programs in Program files 86, and runs them from there.
Biab does not use these locations and normally put all its self into C: bb

So the 32 bit BIAB will run fine from here on a 64 bit PC W7.
However a 16 bit program Al la BIAB version 10, will have to be run in compatibility mode with at least XP.
It would also need to be installed in a 16bit compatibility mode as well, as the 16bit installer wont work in 32 bit mode. (don’t ignore this point).

Just some more thoughts on all this.
Mike

Veteran
Veteran
Also, make sure you did not install it to either of the "Program Files" folder location; Windows puts special protections on those folders that keep BIAB from running properly (mainly because BIAB wants to write back to its folder, whereas apps installed in "Program Files" generally write back to the registry instead.

Again, I'll try to install it this weekend and see what happens. But I agree. Version 10 is waaaaaayyyyyy old (the latest patch for it is from June 2001). It's come so much farther since then.

John

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
This is all too much for me to comprehend, I'm just going to give up on it all.

Thank you all for your help.

Veteran
Veteran
This is all too much for me to comprehend, I'm just going to give up on it all.

Thank you all for your help.

Well, we tried.
If you still wish to use BiaB, I suggest to wait until December and visit the PG Music web site. There may be some good pricing offers available.

You will also be impressed with the number of excellent new features that have been included since your version.

Veteran
Veteran
I just went through my old versions of BIAB and tried to install onto Windows 7 64-bit. It went as expected.

You cannot even install versions 8, 9, 10, and 11. They are 16-bit apps and will just not work on 64-bit Windows. That's why you get the error that it is incompatible with the version of Windows.

Version 12 will appear to install correctly (apparently the installer is 32-bit), however, it will not actually run BBW.EXE (because the main BIAB program is 16-bit).

Version 2004 is the first version that you can install and and should run in a 64-bit Windows 7 environment, but it didn't (at least initially). After a reboot, however, it did launch and seems to work. Also, as I recall, some of the add-in programs won't work, because they remained 16-bit.

From the BIAB 2004 user manual:

Quote:
All New 32-bit Program Engine
Previous versions of Band-in-a-Box were a combination of 16-bit and 32-bit
code. The new program is rebuilt with a 32-bit-clean engine. Program
operations are much faster, including up to 3 times faster notation redraws, song
and soloing generation. Playback timing is improved and rock-solid with all
versions of windows, including the newest XP and Media Center operating
systems. The GUI is enhanced with floating/dockable toolbars.

BIAB 2004 is also when we got DXi support, which allowed direct rendering of MIDI to WAV file.

That's where I stopped testing.

John

Veteran
Veteran
Well after all the info we provided I hope Jack decides to join the family. Version 10 is really useless in this day and age.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Expert
Expert
Probably a stupid question (I have no shortage of those) but is it possible to purchase older versions of Band In A Box?

I was using version 10 until my computer crashed, now it's back online but the program just won't work anymore. My only option seems to be to repurchase the software, but at the moment I couldn't even afford the basic 2019 version.

So, is it possible to purchase older versions? Or am I just going to have to scrimp and save?

Hi all

What a waste of time this has all been.
I don’t see how the case stated in the opening post can be so.

It appears it never could have worked, unless we are really talking about version 2010.

Lots of folk spent lots of time on this, and I’m sure we can all accept what John says from his extensive test.
Version 10 don’t and never did work in this situation.

So where are we now?
Just what are we trying to deal with here?

Mike
Remember: "The Owls May Not Be What They Seem"

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
mushrooms.gif (262.61 KB, 163 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
I knew that as well.Right at the start. Trying to be nice.

Last edited by silvertones; 10/17/19 07:45 AM.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Veteran
Veteran
I also got hung up when he said it used to work on Win7 64-bit; I didn't see how that was possible, other than running it in a Windows XP VM (which I suggested, and which I have previously done successfully). So I tested it and confirmed my initial suspicions.

John

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
I also got hung up when he said it used to work on Win7 64-bit; I didn't see how that was possible, other than running it in a Windows XP VM (which I suggested, and which I have previously done successfully). So I tested it and confirmed my initial suspicions.

John, if I remember correctly I did have some 16 bit programs work in 64 bit Win 7 when I updated XP to Win 7. After a while I was having problems so I formatted the drive, installed Win 7 and then the programs would not load. There must have been something in the registry that allowed these program to run that was taken out when I did a fresh Win 7 install. I'm fairly sure about this but as I have CRS and this happened awhile ago I may be wrong.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
From everything I've read, 64-bit Windows will not run 16-bit applications, because the 64 bit version of Windows does not include NTVDM (NT Virtual DOS Machine) or any support for a 16 bit subsystem. You can set up NTVDM to run in a 32-bit version using a virtual machine, or something like DOSBOX or vDOS, or enabling and installing NTVDM on a 32-bit version of Windows.

Perhaps your initial upgrade to Win7 was 32-bit?

I have generally used XPMode (which is a Virtual Machine version of WinXP) to run the 16-bit Windows apps (but not all of them work). They took XPMode out of Windows 10 when they released it.

John

Veteran
Veteran
Not too many folks used the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

J
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
J
Originally Posted By: Mike Head

What a waste of time this has all been.
I don’t see how the case stated in the opening post can be so.

It appears it never could have worked, unless we are really talking about version 2010.

Lots of folk spent lots of time on this, and I’m sure we can all accept what John says from his extensive test.
Version 10 don’t and never did work in this situation.

So I'm a liar as well, am I? I'm so sorry to have wasted your time time, Mike, as well as everyone else's. Seeing as though I no longer have the software, I guess there's no point me being here, especially when I now feel unwelcome.

Expert
Expert
For goodness sake no one is calling anyone anything just trying to make some sense of all this.

Despite all that has been said here I am running an old windows 95/98 copy of Yamaha XG Works 3 (daw) that was updated to XP when I was running windows XP.

When I bought my W7 64 for BIAB Yamaha xg works would not install under any compatibility mode (not surprising ) as even the installer would not run.
However it soon got around the Yamaha Forums that if you had an installed copy on an old Microsoft XP build you could move the whole Yamaha folder to as under.
Note I made myself way back then:

These programs will not install in W7 even under compatibility modes.
Use this pre installed copy just copy the whole folder
To program files (x86) in W7.
Also copy font file to windows fonts.
Mike Head 16-7-12.

And don’t forget the music font from the old machine,

Since that time left undisturbed in its own folder it has run in both W7 64 and is currently running in W10 64 tonight.

I am beginning to wonder if this may be the answer but you would need a working installed copy of BIAB version 10 complete in its folder from the windows OS that supported it.
Maybe this in fact this is what you may have got from Ebay originally with instruction to copy to rather than install.

Mike

Journeyman
Journeyman
I have OCCASIONALLY seen clean retail copies on eBay that could be purchased and upgraded saving pretty substantial bucks. On the other hand there are lots of dodgy sources on eBay selling pirated good, "refurbished" versions with eDelivery. I'm amazed PG Music and other legitimate publishers don't go after eBay and make them halt this practice. I suspect a lot of unwitting purchasers send money to these clown only to find that they can't register their software once they've download it.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables
Veteran
Veteran
Sometimes your local brick and mortar music store or online stores like Sweetwater or AMS will have an older retail version of Band-in-a-Box left over when the new stuff is released. Typically it will be a boxed version of the Pro or Mega PAK released on DVD media with the serial number printed on a sticker attached to the white, DVD protective sleeve.

+++ HERE +++ is an example for a boxed version of the 2018 Band-in-a-Box for Mac Pro PAK.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,569
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200