Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#560212 - 10/22/19 02:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
And here's to you!

For us this is the best of the best.

Not much to say other than it's an over the top great production.
Chris's vocal, Chris's write, your guitar, the RT/RD's, the arrangement, the mix and the mastering are all sublime.

I rather listen more than write.

Amazing.

J&B

PS Janice just mentioned Steely Dan smile

Thanks Janice and Bud!

Steely Dan, wow! smile

Blue Attitude Website

#560222 - 10/22/19 04:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Dave & Chris,

If you folks have ever posted a less-than-stellar production, I've never heard it. I seriously doubt you ever have.

This is just so danged good in so many ways. The lyric borders on haunting and the lead guitar just screams the Blues. And Chris has such a great voice. Everything about this is A-1 in my book. Nothing but great sounds here!

Wishing you both everything good.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#560281 - 10/22/19 11:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: dcuny]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Yep - it's all good.

Well, actually all excellent. smile

Thanks, David!

Blue Attitude Website

#560358 - 10/22/19 11:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

'Blue Attitude' & Ms. Spruit...

Here's To You is so 'blue' that it made me feel like the sun had gone down in the middle of the day. 'Blue Attitude', man, you sure know how to 'talk the talk' and 'walk the walk' with that 'ax' of yours. It's the sound of empty streets, of long shadows thrown on crumbling walls, of people who are lost to each other.

Ms. Spruit, you voiced those troubling lyrics as though it was the last time you would sing them. There is a burden, a weight of finality, of something coming to an unpleasant end in the lyrics. I believe you communicated the despair inherent in the lyrics as though you were coming apart, but trying so desperately to hide it. Your performance was augmented by the faint, ghostly-sounding filaments of vocal harmony that fell here and there around your vocal.

This is so atmospheric, it's scary. It's the 'blues', cool, and hot, but all at the same time.

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Edited by bluage (10/22/19 11:52 PM)

#560364 - 10/23/19 02:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: lambada
Impressive on so many levels. Very professional.

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Dave,

Gosh, you and Chris turn out masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. Moreover, with each production you seem to raise the bar higher and higher.

If ever there was a contender for the best of the best, this is it. It's outstanding writing and presenting and equally outstanding listening. Not only is this song very professional sounding, but Chris's writing and singing and your guitar work are like gold-plating. The 3 minutes and 42 seconds disappeared in very quickly.

I could hear every word that Chris sang and I totally enjoyed the story she told.

As I mentioned in my last post, you two are a pretty powerful songwriting team.

All the best,
Noel

Man! Not sure what to say after reading those comments other than thanks so much, we both really appreciate it smile

Blue Attitude Website

#560365 - 10/23/19 02:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: tommyad]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool Dave Boy the song takes me back to the 70’s. Your guitar work was just excellent. Chris’s vocal was so good. The piano was nice touch. Well done

Thanks, Scott! I see you have a new one up I'll be over in a few minutes to have a listen.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Wow, Dave. Here's To You actually!

The lead guitar work sits perfectly, and enhances to production with great dynamics.

Vocals are world class.

This is absolutely sensational in every respect.

Here's to you!

Hey Trev, thanks very much!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Man Dave and Wow Chris, this may be my new favorite of your excellent catalogue. Stellar sound, great vocal and write, excellent guitar work. This hit the high water mark on all aspects. Very pro and definitely in my wheelhouse. I have always loved minor blues. A superb listen, Tom

Thanks, Tom! Man, it's great to see you back here again!

Blue Attitude Website

#560407 - 10/23/19 09:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave & Chris,
Listened last week and thought you guys have raised the bar again- absolutely everything gels on this...actually I think you might have changed the guitar track volume since then- anyhow, its all stellar; perhaps the best vocal I`ve heard from Chris among the accolades already posted that I especially agree with.

Robert

#560513 - 10/24/19 01:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: Sundance]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: cliftond
Darn, this guitar is just so good, yeah Gary Moore style, the song is professional from start to finish, I feel very insecure at this moment. Great job Dave!!!!! Cliff

Hey Cliff,

You have no need to feel insecure about anything, I'm a fan of your work. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Super smooth! Man that kick drum really thumps! The vocals and harmonies are superb! And I could have listened to the lead guitar for another ten minutes!

Well Done!

Thanks very much, Lawrence!

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Cool blues production, sweet guitar sound and Chris has such a nice bluesy vocal tone.

Thanks, Josie! Good to see you back here.

Blue Attitude Website

#560515 - 10/24/19 02:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Dave & Chris,

this is really great stuff, wow.

A very good write, perfectly arranged and what you can do as a team is amazing: Fantastic vocals (remind me a bit (but just a bit!) on the early Christine Perfect (later Christine McVie)and when the intro started I thought: 'Yeah, finally someone remembers the Zombies.

Chris, you sure know how to express yurself in a Blues song (and write one, too) and Dave - you know that I really love your stylish playing. And for someone who never got the tone out of his guitars that really satisfied him (me, unfortunately) I'm always stunned by yours.

Simply marvellous!

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I remember Christine McVie from the band Chicken Shack, pretty good blues band. The Zombies! I certainly didn't have them in mind when I did this one. But, I listened to them a lot back in the day.

Thanks very much for your generous review, I appreciate it smile

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Dave & Chris,

If you folks have ever posted a less-than-stellar production, I've never heard it. I seriously doubt you ever have.

This is just so danged good in so many ways. The lyric borders on haunting and the lead guitar just screams the Blues. And Chris has such a great voice. Everything about this is A-1 in my book. Nothing but great sounds here!

Wishing you both everything good.

Alan

Always great to hear from you, Alan, I know how limited your time is at the moment.

Thanks as always for your support!

Best to you and Di.

Originally Posted By: bluage
'Blue Attitude' & Ms. Spruit...

Here's To You is so 'blue' that it made me feel like the sun had gone down in the middle of the day. 'Blue Attitude', man, you sure know how to 'talk the talk' and 'walk the walk' with that 'ax' of yours. It's the sound of empty streets, of long shadows thrown on crumbling walls, of people who are lost to each other.

Ms. Spruit, you voiced those troubling lyrics as though it was the last time you would sing them. There is a burden, a weight of finality, of something coming to an unpleasant end in the lyrics. I believe you communicated the despair inherent in the lyrics as though you were coming apart, but trying so desperately to hide it. Your performance was augmented by the faint, ghostly-sounding filaments of vocal harmony that fell here and there around your vocal.

This is so atmospheric, it's scary. It's the 'blues', cool, and hot, but all at the same time.

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

Your reviews are always so well written! Makes me wonder if you are a professional writer or an English teacher?

Thanks for the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,
Listened last week and thought you guys have raised the bar again- absolutely everything gels on this...actually I think you might have changed the guitar track volume since then- anyhow, its all stellar; perhaps the best vocal I`ve heard from Chris among the accolades already posted that I especially agree with.

Robert

Hi Robert,

No, I haven't made any changes to the original mix that I posted. Maybe you first heard it on soundcloud? Sounds very different over there compared to reverbnation.

Thanks very much!

Blue Attitude Website

#560621 - 10/24/19 03:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave,
I guess that`s it - the difference jumps out when you listen to the two sites back to back.
When my Soundcloud quota is filled I`m going to give reverbnation a try.

Robert

#560629 - 10/24/19 04:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
I could have sworn I already commented on this!

My God man you did a great job! I know I always mention your tone; but seeing your name gets me to click every time to here it!

You have a total knack for putting styles, tone, lyrics, and great mixing into every song.

To me, this reminds me of a "You're no good"/Linda Ronstadt type of song. If you knew how much I like that song, you would understand the compliment I just paid you. Yours sounds infinity better, IMO.

So, the big question for me is, do you actually write lyrics for your guitar? It's every bit, if not more expressive than the human voice.

Thank you so much for sharing this!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#560669 - 10/24/19 11:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
bluage Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Your reviews are always so well written! Makes me wonder if you are a professional writer or an English teacher?

'Blue Attitude'...

No, I'm neither of those smile . Listening to music -- any kind of music -- is always exciting to me. I just try to communicate what I feel about what I hear.

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

#561519 - 10/30/19 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Mark K Offline
Apprentice

Very professional sounding. The vocals and your guitar work are top notch. Really enjoyed the listen.

#561528 - 10/30/19 09:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Texas
Jim Offline
Expert

Loc: Texas
I can't top all the glowing comments you've received on this fantastic number...
All I can say is I really enjoyed listening your collaboration with Chris!

#562948 - 11/07/19 10:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Here's To You [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
As Floyd said, "Knocking it out of the park"!! Love EVERYTHING about this one!! So pro, so smooth, SOOOO good!! Take care. Greg

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

PG Music News
Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Forum Stats
32642 Members
68 Forums
65611 Topics
556319 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Swivel Rocker, Igael79, CarlosCon, ShaneGuitar, Alidas

32642 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 143
Guitarhacker 122