Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Beautiful. You have a distinct voice and the song is simply beautifully crafted. You had my attention from beginning to end, which doesn't always happen with me and every song, haha. Good job!

Hi James,

Thank you for passing through and having a listen. I really appreciate it. I really appreciate your comments, too.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Beautiful song, so well performed!!!!, Piano and vocal such a matching pair. Lyrics are just so good. Cliff

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, this is a terrific sounding piece. Your vocal soars and your writing just gets better and better. An interesting melody keeps the listener engaged and is very beautiful and captivating. The production is simply outstanding. I enjoyed your description of how you put this together. Well done, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, this is a masterpiece. The mix, backing tracks and vocals were some of the best I have heard. But those lyrics, all I can say is WOW.

You should be very proud of this one.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I think knowing the obstacles you faced with needing to make the song applicable to all sorts of beloved or dear family members makes this song all the more impressive. I think you handled this topic quite well! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Works excellently on every level. Upbeat lyrics, great production, and instrumentation. I love the mandolin here!

Thanks!

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Heavenly lyrics sung like an angel smile Beautiful melody and chording, everything works in that sunny carefree world.

I like how smoothly you managed to use a word unforgettably in the end of the chorus. It is so easy to concentrate on the story and your voice that I had to work to pay attention to the nicely flowing arrangement - highlights are the bass sound and the mandolin part.

Janne

Hi Janne,

Good to see you! I have to say that your opening sentence really made me smile! No-one has ever called my lyrics heavenly nor my singing angelic before! What headphones were you using? I've LOVE to own a set because I really need all the help I can get smile

I sincerely appreciate your visit. Thanks for listening and thanks also for making my day a bit brighter.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Just so SWEEEEEEEEEEET!! Such a pleasant, happy optimistic tune done just right in every way!! Beautiful melody, beautiful vocal and perfect arrangement! GREAT!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
"song to sing to a favorite non-human, four-legged family member." smile

This is my second listen, now reading along the story behind it and lyrics. Interesting challenge and I believe you conquered it! Yes, it has a universal feel to it, especially lyrics. Smooth vocals & solid production! Very positive tune.

Since your open to comments, I feel that vocals are a bit detached from the mix. Meaning, what I hear is vocals are tight and the rest of the mix is airy. Both are recorded very well, and most likely you wanted it like this... just an observation.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel

Very nice use of both midi and RT's, along with a lovely calming vocal track,

Nice set of lyrics and Trevor review said it elegantly.

A very pretty production (agree with floyd it would be an excellent song playing along with a slideshow).

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you! I appreciate that you had time to have a listen and to comment.

All the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Got my positive thinking daily requirement with this gem, and that voice is always a treat as well. Nice going as usual!

Hi Tunemonger,

You made my morning, thank you!

May good things come your way!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Noel,

What a terrific vocal here, accentuated by near perfect production . . . pretty, pretty song. The melody keeps surprising, pulling as it goes on. Awesome!

My very humble regards,

Deej

Hey Deej,

Thank you! I'm not sure that I agree with all your comments but they brought a pretty big smile to my face so I'll take them smile

Thank you that!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
'Noel96'...

Your song, The Day You Stepped Into My Life, is as 'elegant and calm' as those lyrics declare. It's truly heart-felt, intimate, and would provoke a smile, a blush, or a sigh of blissful pleasure, even, from anyone who, upon hearing it, would imagine that they could be the subject of the song.

There is something about 'waltz time' that makes me feel instantly happy when I hear a song composed in that meter. I don't really understand why I feel that way about it -- I just do smile.

It was interesting to read how you modified the bass line through manipulating the MIDI notes. That's what I call pure devotion to the goal of getting what you hear in your head (and heart!) out of your speakers. It suggests that you treat your songs with the same depth of attention that you would lavish upon the persons who inspire you to compose them smile.

Lovely as a sunset, this is, and just as glowing smile.

LOREN (a.k.a. 'bluage')

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Laid back vocal, positive message, nice mix, cheerfully sung.

The day you stepped into my life with me
I remember it, unforgettably

The lyrics says "unforgettable", but details are supplied by the listener.

Mission accomplished - generic "feel good" about unspecified someone song. smile

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and to pass on your thoughts. I always enjoy reading what you think because you have a knack for pointing out things that completely slip by me.

I appreciate the visit!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Excellent writing Noel as was the bass journey.
About 27 years ago I wrote a musical with a friend and we set ourselves the task of making the BIG love song not gender specific. It took a mind twist way back then but once started it came easily and was/is a cracker.
He'd have loved BIAB as a superb musician and secondary school music master he was no musical snob and enjoyed midi at the time. Sadly he died 20 years ago so missed all this fun.
The lyrics, melody and setting work very, very well.
Congratulations on creating a standard.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for giving my song a run through. You've got me thinking right now how one goes about writing a musical. That's a mighty big task! (A single song is hard enough for me!) I'd love to hear that genderless song that you and he created. Hopefully you will post it one day smile

You know, never a day goes by that I don't stop and think about how lucky I am to have BIAB. It's amazing software.

Thanks again for lending me your time,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Noel,

That is a very nice song. I really liked it. And I hear (almost) every time when you sing the voice of Robin Gibb (Bee Gees). I know you don't know who he is, but still you sound like him.

It's so nice doing a song with just a few instruments, like the piano and the mandolin. The last one is becoming increasingly populair. I hear it in a lot of songs, use it myself (or variations like the mandola. It is a very good instruments for soft songs.

So I think you have done a good job with making this song with those nice lyrics. I now use them to ease my two young cats. And they listen!!! One just fell asleep in front of my pc, not far from the keyboard (true).

Have a nice day,
Hans

Hi Hans,

It's great to see you. Thanks for passing through the thread!

And thank you lots for mentioning Robin Gibb. If there is a singer I'd be proud to emulate, it is he. Seriously!

I don't know if you are aware or not but the brothers Gibb, while they were born on the Isle of Mann in the British Isles, they grew up in Queensland, Australia. As a result, their early songs were sailing around our airwaves long before the boys became an international sensation.

It's not good audio/video quality but the clip below shows the boys singing Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" in 1963 (when they were still students). The show is 'Brian Henderson's Bandstand' and it is a local program that was really popular throughout the 60s. The singing starts are around 1:00 into the clip.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbVNNXjOzk

Of all the Bee Gees, it was Robyn whose singing always captured my imagination. When I was a teenager, I used to look forward to hearing him sing his lead sections smile

Thank you for a great review and for making my day. Although I first read your post a little while ago, you still made me smile big-time all over again right now!

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - what a gorgeous tune smile The harmonies on this are tremendous, and overall your voice just soars on this. It is truly beautiful and really hits hard. Thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Ever seen a lady waltzing with her dog? Well I just did smile

I don't know if you started with a style or "rolled your own" but that is a
very nice choice of RT's.

"As though you strolled in on a sunbeam
A festival of daylight'

One of the many nice lines...so visual!

As others have alluded to the entire production is very cinematic.

Janice just said she was, in her head (an interesting place smile ) waltzing with Fred Astaire...instead of Ginger.

Great production in all aspects, a fine vocal delivery and the harmony iced the lovely cake.

Kudos!!!

J&B

Hey J&B,

Thanks for dropping in. I'm glad you liked the song and now every time I listen to it, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be imagining Janice waltzing around with your dog smile It's a perfect fit with the lyrics! There's got to be a song in that somewhere!

I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Thanks again,
Noel

P.S. I began with the style _SEASONS.STY - I always find that it's quickest to get things up and running by starting with something that 'works'. By the time I'd finished the song, the only track from that style that made it to the end was RT927 (the jazz waltz bass).

Last edited by Noel96; 10/24/19 09:18 AM.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I like this. Nice and melodic.

Enjoyable listen.

Good job.

Hi Herb,

Thanks for having a listen. I appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent to be Noel. Your songs have such positive messages. Another super vocal and lyric. Well done

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your kind review. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

This is beautiful Noel!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

Lord I have to get to the new songs quicker... the reading of so many justifiably generous comments on your feel-good waltz has taken me longer than swaying along to the song!
Without repeating others thoughts, this occurs to me: you have created a style over the years I`ve been listening, which occupies a kind of optimistic niche where music soothes the soul and the familiar is forever young.
Lovely!

Robert

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,400
Posts732,555
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199