Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
There seems an essential "modern Country" guitar sound lacking in the current RealTracks line-up.

I would LOVE to see it added.

It is a BIG EXPLOSIVE Held Chord that is in 80% of every Country song (radio songs anyway) these days.

I've tried to find it among the Held versions of RealTrack electric guitars.
But none of them do it "quite right".
I end up using the Holds from 1169 Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent to try to get there, but they aren't quite right.
(that comes out too distorted).

The Held Chords that I am talking about are BIG, SUSTAINED, slightly distorted, SMOOTH, "Round" (is one way I think of them).

I listened to Justin Moore's new recod today.
Almost EVERY song is built on these type chords.
In the Chorus.

Brent Mason is listed as one of the players on the album.
SURELY he would know how to make this happen.

A couple of different RealTracks would be nice.
Because they are almost always panned hard to both sides.
There is a "subset" of this that has a slight articulation before the BIG chord - that would be a nice addition, too..
Another "subset" is a BIG SUSTAINED single note (usualy used for walk-downs)... that could be another new RealTrack to go along with these...
(that happens several times in the record, too)

Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WdKqTjyVU&list=OLAK5uy_laLVgdQA-N2B6lvNiMZjfaf_pZCN70how&index=2

The whole album is a good example of what I am refering to...
The link above should show the whole album as a list to the right.

R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
+1 to that request.

TBH, I've yet to find any of the modern country RealTracks that I don't have to edit with instruments from other genres, usually some sort of rock guitar. A number of extra modern steel track options would be great as well....I use the Eddy Dunlap stuff a lot, and love it, but I wish there were more options along those lines.

Slight thread derail....I've worked with a great many of the musicians in BIAB, including ALL of the steel players except Eddy Dunlap. Don't think I've even ever met him. You'd think our paths would've crossed at some point.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I intend to keep "pounding on this one"...

If this "sound" could be "captured" and added to Band-In-A-Box it would benefit the Rock side of things as well....

Here is another song from the same record that has a lot of the

BIG SINGLE NOTE "explosive sound" used in walk-downs...

It also has the CHORUS BIG CHORDS (of course).

As I said before... this whole record is a prime example of the BIG CHORD sound. It is not an IN-YOUR-FACE thing, but it is still really "fat" (and smooth and round and full and thick).

Veteran
Veteran
+1 for big chords RealTracks.

Some of the production sound works well with contemporary country gospel too. That tells me that big chords RealTracks could be useful in other genres.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
+1
You could try one of the guitars that have Direct Input and use those Holds then add Amplitube after it.
You could use a midi guitar holds then use a Direct Input Tele.sfz that I added in the UserTracks forum in Sforzando and add Amplitube after it.

I could make up some UserTracks with held strum and held single notes.
"Don't start a new riff on this bar"
would be used on bar 2,3,4 of a 4 bar held chord so those bars won't be used to to start a new chord, so if the chord starts on bar 1 enter 2-4, and if it starts on bar 5 enter 6-8, bar 9 10-12
so in the box would be 2-4,6-8,10-12, etc..
Direct Input would be best but if you could upload a pic of Amplitube settings that could be applied.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
UT-Sustain.png (51.3 KB, 189 downloads)
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Pipeline - thanks for the suggestions. But... I tried creating a User Track (when they first came out) and couldn't get ANYWHERE close to the quality of a RealTrack.
And the User Tracks I've heard others do were ...let's say..."lacking".
Though admittedly I have not kept up with whatever progress might have been made and have only heard a small sampling of what has been offered (nothing seemed worth the effort of downloading and setting them up).

I have been doing more experimentation today and have found some things that get a lot closer to approximating the sound.

I am not trying to do "covers" of these songs, but am trying to create a similar sound...
For the chorus of this song (chorus starts @ :33):

...I was able to get close to the sound by using these RTs
(at 75 bpm)

RealTracks in song: 1826:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveSync4s Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 636:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RootsRockDirty Ev 100 (A:held)
RealTracks in song: 1000:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyHeld Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
RealDrums [in Song:BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

(here are the chords if interested -
https://chordify.net/chords/that-s-my-boy-justin-moore-topic
simple G C G C pattern through the whole thing)

Even though the tempos of the RTs are wildly different from the 75, they do work...

Last edited by floyd jane; 07/29/19 01:42 PM. Reason: changed the bass track
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Try this and see if it all works first then I'll worry about getting that sound and levels right. These are quick strums but I can make one with slower strums.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwz4a0vqnsga473/Guitar%2C-Electric%2C-Held-Ev-85.rar?dl=1
You can use 7zip on Win/Mac then just drag the folder into X:\bb\RealTracks\UserTracks

Journeyman
Journeyman
I think there are a few "gritty, held" RTs that you might like. Also Rhythm PopCountryBrent Ev 120 (baritone)

Re the single note parts, I would advise you filter by "baritone, electric," and check out some of the RTs... There are some really great ones with chords interspersed w/ single note lines that you may be able to chop up in your DAW to achieve what you're looking for.

As has already be mentioned, it's probably best to select direct input and use VSTs/plugins for drive, color, ambiance, etc.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
No offense intended to either of you or your suggestions (and thanks for your thoughts and participation).... but...

The intent of the post is to get this type sound added to the BIAB RealTracks selections so they are available to the BIAB customer as a whole.

I can certainly play the chords myself. And then attempt to match that sound with various stomp boxes and amps (I have several software versions)...though I won't necessarily have enough experience with those combinations (I grew up an acoustic player) to get it "just right". Nor would I care to attempt to add effects to either a DI hold or user track for the same reasons (sorry). I have a Fender Strat and a G&L Tele and a Line6 Spider V 120 - so all the bells and whistles necessary to experiment forever...

And, as I stated above, I have found a combination of 4 RTs that I can use - that work well to get the sound for the song I noted. I know the RealTracks fairly well. I know what is available. And I know how to manipulate tracks in a DAW. If you listen to my catalog, that should be obvious - I have produced well over 200 songs of varying genres using the software, RealTracks, loops, effects and VSTs from varying sources. I think I can cut & paste with the best of 'em. There is a large "BIAB audience" that would not necessarily be as well versed with the tools...

So, all that being said... the point is that this is a BASIC sound of the majority of (Country) songs being produced for radio these days - and has been for several years now. I think it would be in PGMusic's best interest to offer that sound... This topic (of "modern Country") has been discussed many, many times in the forums (to "dead horse" level), so I thought I would put the request in the Wishlist - with specific examples - so that it might end up being added to the next BIAB release. Surely PGMusic must be always asking "What will make up the next 202 new RealTracks?" I'd like to see THIS be a part of that... So that I (we) don't have to "jump through hoops" to get there. Brent Mason KNOWS how to get that sound (with his eyes closed).

I think this is something that many might find useful...And might be a good draw for newer, younger users.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I'm just used to PG so I try to find workarounds or solutions for things that fall on deaf ears smile

To match the sound you can use
Peavey ReValver Audio Cloning Technology
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=418253

or CurveEQ https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=415524#Post415524

B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Sounds to me Floyd ,that Biab needs real tracks in the modern country genre.im sure this add on would be a huge success. it needs looking into by the powers to be.hope it gets sorted soon

Os Windows Biab 2018. studio one pro 3 ozone 8 focusrite 214 se electronics Gemini mic
Veteran
Veteran
+1 from me on this suggestion.

I had a listen to the two video clips, that type of heavy rhythm guitar can be used in many genres, not just country.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
AND...in case it isn't already too late (in the year and close to release time).

It would be cool if these could be a stereo file with different players/guitars on either side - with wide separation... so that a single instance would get that "big sound".

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Oh...and, besides a stereo file with different guitars/players panned to either side, the same individual tracks could be available as a standard mono guitar track (if someone only wanted to use one of them...).

Veteran
Veteran
+1.
Was looking for something like this today.
Maybe it'll be in PGs Christmas present? ;-)
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just thought I'd bump this thread so that the idea stays fresh for next year's updates??????

This applies to Contemporary Pop, too.
This is essential for the "contemporary songwriter" thing that was heavily discussed recently.

To reiterate... the idea is to have a single RealTrack selection that would have a big stereo pan of held chords (like maybe 4 guitars?? - might have other instruments, too - pedal steel maybe?? a synth or two???)

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Floyd Jane et al,

This is a fantastic idea, and yes, we're looking into approaches for getting this kind of sound. The idea too of having a single RealTrack "mix" of various held guitars is also good, though ALSO having the individual guitars that make them up would be important too, so people could mix-and-match. Thanks for all the comments!

Tobin Frank (he/him)
PG Music Inc.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Floyd Jane et al,

This post led us to recording and releasing a lot of new country guitars which were designed to emulate that "big produced guitar" country sound, where there are multiple layered guitars, including but not limited to, the "explosive held chords" described above. Some of the RealStyles that utilize these RealTracks include:

_REMEX+
_STUNR+
_PIQUE+
_ROBBER+
_SCUFF+

I'd love to see more of these kinds of "modern country producer" guitars added in the future as well, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for new ones, particularly if it was grooves/tempos that we may not have already covered.

thanks!

Tobin Frank (he/him)
PG Music Inc.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I love all of these ! I give PG a hard time about the interface and functions but this side of things is awesome.
I thought about having different rhythm patterns being played on the same guitar so you can change at any bar with F5 or F8 but it will just blend in without having a different tone from another guitar.
At the moment you only have A and B pattern options for an instrument but if you had a large choice of different patterns on the same guitar, like it can play finger picking then into a strum pattern then a held chord strum and slow strum.
This way you can arrange the playing in the sections how you like and not just A pattern B pattern.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I love all of these ! I give PG a hard time about the interface and functions but this side of things is awesome.
I thought about having different rhythm patterns being played on the same guitar so you can change at any bar with F5 or F8 but it will just blend in without having a different tone from another guitar.
At the moment you only have A and B pattern options for an instrument but if you had a large choice of different patterns on the same guitar, like it can play finger picking then into a strum pattern then a held chord strum and slow strum.
This way you can arrange the playing in the sections how you like and not just A pattern B pattern.

Thanks for the comments! With regards to the different subsections, all of the style demos I posted there are multistyles, meaning in addition to the A & B, there's also a C & D, where the combo of layered guitars change, soloists are added, etc. There might also be an E & F in some of them, I can't recall off the top of my head. The "+" at the end of stylenames indicate multistyles.

Tobin Frank (he/him)
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,456
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195