Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
You don't have a count-in so the track should start at the blue G as the pink is 2 bar count-in

Ah yes, forget to change the 1 to -1 in project settings.

You're a straight up genius, Pipeline!

BTW, I'm messing around with all the functions in the docker (which, I must admit, is a bit cluttered and hard to locate specific functions in...), and I'm trying to figure out how the holds/shots/rests would work given that the tracks are already generated and sitting as audio tracks w/in the DAW.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Journeyman
Journeyman
Also, the GUIs' functionalities are absolutely stunning. STUNNING!

I can see how they are incredibly useful in the context of MIDI, and with recording or live playing/snapping and quantizing scales to chords etc. but are they meant to integrate with RTs/RTs due to the reasons I mentioned in my previous post?

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
In the GUI the section functions are sorted a bit better.
the Holds/Shots are for
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/test_files/
you just select the bars when you want to generate them,
"Choose Instrument" from ReaTrak Instruments folder or ReaTrak Drums folder,
"ReaTrak Selection"

Journeyman
Journeyman
Next note: when I try and click chords on the circle of fifths utility, instead of entering a chord it simply cycles the play-head between region start times.

Journeyman
Journeyman
In the GUI the section functions are sorted a bit better.
the Holds/Shots are for
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/test_files/
you just select the bars when you want to generate them,
"Choose Instrument" from ReaTrak Instruments folder or ReaTrak Drums folder,
"ReaTrak Selection"

Ah I see, that's gonna be a hard pass from me, lol.

I'd rather just generate a selection of bars within the BiaB VST, and splice/insert align them wherever needed. I'm guessing that was something with much more utility prior to the 2019 release w/ the plugin. Am I understanding that right?

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
LOL that get's me every time
right mouse button next chord region
middle mouse button enter chord
left mouse button previous chord region

to add new chord in a region set the cursor there and hit the middle mouse button.

Journeyman
Journeyman
LOL that get's me every time
right mouse button next chord region
middle mouse button enter chord
left mouse button previous chord region

to add new chord in a region set the cursor there and hit the middle mouse button.

Yup. That did it grin

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
.. I'm guessing that was something with much more utility prior to the 2019 release w/ the plugin. Am I understanding that right?

That was made before the plugin, basically for usertracks so you can have more control over them than in Biab, as you get holds/shots, midi, audio and video, you then import into Biab.

Journeyman
Journeyman
BTW, I looked into the chord picker utility this morning to see if I could get it to run within the BiaB VST, and I couldn't even install it properly with the latest attached files in your linked post.

Anything new with that?

Editing to add (I love how the utility is integrated into the GUI, but that's post BiaB chord generation. I'm asking specifically about running it w/in the BiaB plugin.

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 11/13/19 09:53 PM.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
What one are you trying to use ? was it the Compact 768 version or the Reaper Biab Plugin version ?

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's the Reaper Biab Plugin Chord Picker:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505875#Post505875
you should be able to put it in the Biab Chord Picker install location then you will get the background pic.

Journeyman
Journeyman
What one are you trying to use ? was it the Compact 768 version or the Reaper Biab Plugin version ?

Both. Something went wrong after the install. Don't remember what the error message was.

In any event, I have some stuff to do now (including recording and posting my next video, hopefully) so I'll have to revisit this later (as well as the playalong function that launched this whole thread!)

Thanks again for everything Pipeline!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Here's the Reaper Biab Plugin Chord Picker:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505875#Post505875
you should be able to put it in the Biab Chord Picker install location then you will get the background pic.

Ah, that's very helpful as I installed what was included in the link provided in our latest post linked in your profile signature. You may want to update that ;-)

Later Pipeline.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I just unzipped the Reaper picker
BiabVST Chord Picker Reaper x64.exe
to C:\Program Files\Biab Chord Picker Tool

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Updated:

For those new to Reaper this is an easier way to install/update ReaTrak.
To Show Reaper Resource Path
Options > Show REAPER Resource Path in finder/explorer

1. Reaper > Options > Preferences > General > Export Configuration check all boxes and Save as backup configuration !!!!

2. Reaper > Options > Preferences > General > Import Configuration ReaTrak_xxx.ReaperConfigZip (you can copy it to REAPER\Configurations folder first)

3. Reaper > Actions > Show Action List > Section> Main
Import > REAPER\KeyMaps\ReaTrak Scripts.ReaperKeyMap

4. Reaper > Actions > Show Action List > Section> Main
Import > REAPER\KeyMaps\ReaReaTrak Custom Actions Required (Main).ReaperKeyMap

5. Reaper > Actions > Show Action List > Section> Midi Editor
Import > REAPER\KeyMaps\ReaTrak MIDI Editor.ReaperKeyMap

6. Reaper > View > Toolbar Docker add or change toolbar from REAPER\MenuSets
right click a toolbar tab > Open toolbar > 14,15 or 16
right click the opened toolbar tab > Customize
in the drop down top left select the associated toolbar 14,15 or 16
at the bottom right Import >
ReaTrak color icons toolbar 14 medium.ReaperMenu
ReaTrak color icons toolbar 15 small.ReaperMenu
ReaTrak color icons toolbar 16.ReaperMenu

7. Make sure you have SWS Extensions installed.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I just unzipped the Reaper picker
BiabVST Chord Picker Reaper x64.exe
to C:\Program Files\Biab Chord Picker Tool

Works awesome!!!

Hey, as an aside, I've spent over 5 hours trying to record a 1/2 video on separating drum layers from Realdrums and rendering them into individual stems using Regroover Essential by feeding sending a MIDI signal (track 1) into an empty track hosting the Regroover plugin VST (track 2) and then recording the audio output into track 3 as a receive.

I also think it would be awesome to inspire folks here by making a quick video demonstrating how I can get pumping trance chords, arppegiated lead sounds, and bowel shaking dubstep bass wobbles, and EDM drum loops (all generated on a single MIDI track rendered via the BiaB Plugin Chords > MIDI chord track scripts!) to play along with, say, a jazzy sax solo and mellow piano background layered with some fusion type drums supplied by BiaB.

AFAIK, this (the MIDI part) is impossible with BiaB when you entered a chord with more than 3, MAYBE 4 tones. The closest I could get is with the Held piano MIDI, but even with that, it was a nightmare extending out empty spaces, and adding notes etc... When you want your MIDI to 'jam' subdivided chord patterns, run bass sequences, and Rompler drum loops (a la Xpand2, and Kontakt's Urban Beats), the held piano styles were virtually useless, as a single gap in the MIDI line would through the whole production off course....

Now back to the point; basically all my sends and receives get messed up and refuse to record output when I use my microphone headset to record the video. Furthermore, I get ambient noise bleeding through into the armed/record output track. I know this probably has a relatively simple fix "under the hood," but I don't feel confident enough to start messing around with the whole input/output routing matrix stuff because every-time I try, I end up making the whole situation even worse.

Is it possible to simply prevent Reaper from recognizing my mic in the first place? I'm thinking something I could set up under the Device Manager itself, so that my recording software will pick up the mic and all sounds coming from my PC, but Repear will only "hear" what's happening in Reaper is if I didn't have a mic plugged in at all.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 11/14/19 12:43 AM.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I'm half asleep now but I will give some info now and look at it better in the morning.
Active Presenter is free and will record multi audio devices to multiple audio tracks that you can adjust before render.
VoiceMeeter Banana will let you have other audio devices like VB Cable, Hi-Fi Cable you can get these on the same site.
I have my Windows set to VB Cable and Reaper Set to VoiceMeeter AUX ASIO, Biab set to VoiceMeeter ASIO.
Check it out and see how you go.

Veteran
Veteran
Wow, you guys are just movin right along. I wish I could jump in but it's just impossible right now. As for my power outage thanks for the good thoughts, this one turned out to be a maintenance one, it wasn't due to any fires in the area.

These outages are upsetting a whole lot of people because they wern't doing that years ago and despite news reports the fires are no worse now than they were then. The problem is the power companies have been found liable for BILLIONS because their lameassed old equipment sparks and has caused many of these fires so now they just shut off everybody's power at the drop of a hat. Sorry a bit of an off topic rant there.

Anyway, this Reaper/Biab thing is looking pretty slick.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
When you're ready it should be working pretty good.
I'm just adding the play fill part so if you hit the same chord it will play a fill or you set it to auto play a fill after so many bars.
You can add a keyswitch to bring the soloist in and then fade it out.
You could get it to bring in soloist 1 or soloist 2 by having "soloist #" in the track name.

This is Active Presenter audio in:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
ActivePresenter-Audio-In.png (43.67 KB, 62 downloads)
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wow, yet another cool utility you've turned me onto. :-)

BTW, unless I've overlooked something, there are no add9 chords in the chord picker tool. I really LOVE the sound of those chords. Any chance you'll be adding them in?

Thanks in advance!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,752
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191