Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#561699 10/30/19 10:00 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

no big back story this time...

The song was inspired by a great funk tune Will-Josef came up with here on the Forum a couple of months ago, which made me think ‘Yeah, why not having a go at another Funk song...?

So I asked Funky Fritz (you may remember him from ‘Gimme Your Dough’, posted here last year), if he was ready for another round, and, yes, he was.

So here’s AIN’T GOT TIME and in case you think that the silly cartoon style video doesn’t really fit the music - well, you’re probably right. But making it was huge fun (as well as a challenge).

Please forgive me that pathetic skit on my musical lighthouse in the seventies, Wolfman Jack. (BTW: The chocolate sauce thing is taken from one of his original radio shows).

My special thanks go to two couples you know very well and who gave me their generous permission (and thus the great honor !) to use their images in the video. Who that is? Just wait and see...

As usual Maha, who is still far from being recovered, did all the sound jobs - she said that this was a pretty tricky thing to mix, and she really spent some time on it. But I think it has paid off and that she did very well again - where would I be without her (in all aspects!)?

We both would be very happy if you enjoyed the song and the video.

Thanks for listening and watching and all the best to all of you,

Stefan

Video (w/ lyrics)

Audio (w/ lyrics)

Audio (on Soundcloud)

The musical department:

Started with this RealSytly: _LASHOUT.STY (Lash Out Modern Funk Quartet)

Kept the following RealTracks:

- ModernFunkOffbeatKickSput^1-a:S, b:Rd
- RT 3249:Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 110
- RT 3251:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm ModFunk1NoteMark Ev16 110
- RT 2623:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085

Didn’t use the following RealTracks

- MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2653:Organ, Rhythm Funk Ev 100
- RT 3112:Bass, Electric FunkOffbeatAlex Ev16 110

added the following ReaklTracks:

- RT1433:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
- RT1438:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
-(partly) RealDrums-JazzFunkGroovin^1-HHSdStk,HHSnr (1)

Horns:
Big Fish Vintage Horns, arranged as MIDI files in the Piano Roll Window

DAW:
Maha edited and finished the song in RealBand, using the following VST plug-ins: PGMusic Dynamics, PGMusic Reverb, EasyQ Parametric EQ, and mastered the song with Ozone8.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

Well, given the choice of listening to audio or watching one of your videos it's pretty much a no brainer! Always a lot of fun and so well done.

AND in this particular case watching the end credits is as good as the video, I enjoyed seeing two of my favorite BIAB couples show up on the wall of the Simpsons house (don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone else so I won't mention them here)

Excellent music! Very well done and the lyrics are well written and fun.

And Maha has some serious production chops! Mix is absolute perfection.

Very much enjoyed this one!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, that was awesome both video and audio.... First time I saw one of your videos, I have a long way to go on my video chops.

I love funk music so this was all around magic sauce for me.

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. - David Hasselhoff has nothing on you! smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan

As usual an amazing video - extraordinary story telling, and video production skills.

Excellent song, great mix and just an overall pro feel.

Top notch all round.

Peter

Last edited by PeterF; 10/31/19 11:20 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Just as well you had time to share this.
Clever fun song.Rob4580

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Your songs are always a delight to listen to. I especially like way you transitioned into the bridge (twice)--smooth! You sound like you had a lot of fun with this one.

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Your videos are always very fun to watch and great job with the song overall! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Stefan
To paraphrase George Clinton, you tore the roof off that sucker. Lots of funky fun, and amazing work on the video.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Stefan...

Your music video production skills are so impressive, that they threaten to overshadow your songs smile !!!

Any old way, the video was a novel, colorful, fast-paced and freewheeling, madcap, irresistibly humourous and vastly entertaining frame for presenting your cleverly-worded song, Ain't Got Time. Your all-too-obvious command of the English language combined with your even more obvious musical facility with the genres of R & B, the 'blues', and funk, makes me speculate that you probably were born in the good 'ol U.S.A., and then emigrated to Germany much later in your life, ha, ha, ha! grin. If my wishes could come true, I would love to watch your video presented as a 'short subject' to an audience before the showing of a feature film at a local movie theater!

Ain't Got Time sounds like a tightly peformed and quite professionally arranged production. You chose and applied the Real Tracks like an entertainer would select musicians to record with in a studio. I really like the way you changed-up the tempo of the song, made it sound unexpected, and therefore more exciting.

I told you recently that I had been waiting for your next post/production, and, boy, did you ever deliver on that wish !!!

Listening to and watching your songs is always lots of fun smile.

Truly,

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Some seriously good lyrics. Love those little alt phrases. The video shines during these. So much fun. This sounds wonderful, even cranked up. The band and you had some serious funk and fun. Head-bobbing stuff. Pure entertainment.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is true classic funk, words and music are pure authentic gold! Your vocals are perfect fit for funk! Great band, those BIAB funky RTs are super cool!!! Excellent horns arrangement! That bridge part works exceptionally well, magic! I have just one wish: more funk, please!

And I enjoyed also the skillfully made video, including those pictures in the end laugh

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,
Listened to audio only ( will save that video, I know it`ll be awesome!) to hear just how good your vocal phrasing,harmonies ( some of the tightest and most energised I`ve heard on this forum),arranging, etc etc are.
Brilliant! Now for that wild video...
Robert

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Yea this was good and the work that goes in to the videos awesome.

Thanks

win 10 64 bit 16gb,i7 chip, ssd 500gb, m-audio air, ,Roland BK-7M, 1000,shure sm7b,sonar,acid,mixcraft, variety of plugins.Sample tank 3,Kontakt. TC Helicon Voicelive 3 2 .
https://beatmaster1.bandcamp.com/releases

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefanately another cool one - humour good sounds and good viewing - nice.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Fantastic fun-filled presentation.

Great video, lots of laughs.

The cameo appearance of J&B and Alan & Di was a cool touch!

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Stefan ...

Wie geht's dir, mein fruend? Und auch, die Frau?

Your music and videos are always such a treat. Great song with a seriously funny video! Loved the lyric ... really cool! Di and I are big fans of Funk, so this was an extra-special treat for us.

You and Maha are so talented with the video and audio production. It takes a lot of skill, time and patience to create such a terrific video ... kudos to both of you. You're not just an excellent singer and songwriter ... you're also an exceptional entertainer.

That was so much fun! And thank you for the honor and pleasure of having us, and J&B, featured at the end. We truly appreciate that!

Wishing you and Maha the very best with special thoughts for Maha's continued recovery. I can report that Di is doing much better ... better than she has in many years. I'm spending as much time with her as I can, so I am not here very much. But I hope to be more active on the forum in the very near future.

Bis spaeter!

Alan & Di

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

I'm amazed! You told us you had no time and see what you did. I love it very much, but to be honest... I think I loved the combination videoclip-song the most. I'm always wonder how you get all these things you sing about fitso nice in a video. I'm almost jealous about those skills of you and Maha.

There is one tiny thing: I miss someone on your wall cry

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I had a blast listening and watching the video.

Really, really well done - especially the horns, which I'd assumed were from a RealTrack, so bonus points there! laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Dave,

as usual you were the first one to comment and your remarks really made my day. I'm always a bit anxious my stuff might not appeal to people, but after I read your very kind wortds, I was relieved.

Thanks a lot for your positive comment !!!

Cheers,

Stefan

PS: Almost forgot to mention that Maha was more than delighted to read what you wrote about her 'chops' - she says 'Thank you', too

Last edited by Crossroads; 11/03/19 12:15 AM.
sslechta #562256 11/03/19 12:12 AM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi sslechta,

I'm really pleased to read that you enjoyed the music and the video.

'Magic sauce' - what a nice compliment that is...

And as to your David Hazzlehoff (as Jay Leno used to call him) comment: That's something one doesn't hear everyday ... ;-)))

Thanks a lot for your very kind wods.

Cheers,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195