#564172 - 11/14/19 11:09 AM
[Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh]
Band-in-a-Box 2019 Mac - Build 315 update (Nov 15, 2019)
PG Music Staff
An update is available for Band-in-a-Box® Version 2019Download the Band-in-a-Box 2019 Build 315 update
This update includes DAW Plugin 1.16.29.==================================
Summary of changes for build 315 (Nov 15, 2019):
- Fixed: Exporting MusicXML files was not working.
- Fixed: When using "Auto-Hand split Piano track" feature, exported MIDI files contain wrong note durations on the Piano track.
- Fixed: Note-based lyrics were not included when exporting MIDI files.
- Fixed: User should be prompted to save their song when exiting, if they had added or removed plugins.
- Fixed: The Record Audio dialog always says “Track type is Stereo” even if the track type is mono.
- Fixed: The [Audio Options…] button in the Record Audio dialog was launching the Audio Devices dialog instead of the Audio Settings dialog.
- Fixed: Loops dialog title bar displays wrong track name.
- Fixed: Large patch map files are not completely loaded (were limited to 1985 patches).
- Fixed: Notation context menu > Edit Section Text… did not do anything.
- Fixed: Notation context menu > Insert Section Text… did not do anything.
Summary of changes for build 314 (Nov 8, 2019):
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 312 (Oct 28, 2019):
- Fixed: Video RealTracks would fail to render if using macOS Catalina.
- Fixed: Command+Return should be the hot-key for Options | MIDI Patch Maps, etc. | Insert current MIDI chord.
- Fixed: Window | Audio Chord Wizard menu item should say "Audio Chord Wizard (Legacy Standalone)", and should not be available for macOS Catalina 10.15 or higher.
- Improved: Auditioning styles, RealTracks, and RealDrums will start demo playback faster for online demos.
- Improved: Help video button added to the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar in the Audio Edit window.
- Fixed: In the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar, the "Auto Marking" and "Auto Analysis" checkboxes did not update after undoing.
- Fixed: Clicking the [Analyze] button in the Audio Chord Wizard toolbar should warn the user if no bar lines are set.
- Fixed: Launching he Audio Chord Wizard causes button hints to not show in the Audio Edit window, and it is not possible to return to the chord sheet.
- Fixed: When using the Audio Chord Wizard, sometimes the hour-glass mouse cursor does not go away after analyzing chords.
- Fixed: Double-clicking on a song file in the Finder to open it while Band-in-a-Box is running might cause a "Save before closing?" dialog to get stuck behind the main window.
Summary of changes for DAW plugin build 1.16.29
- Fixed: English should be used if the selected language resources are not available.
- Fixed: Control+Click was not triggering a right click in various parts of the program.
- Fixed: The audio track would go out of sync if opening the Audio Edit window during playback.
- Fixed: RealDrums will not play if there is a .wma file in the RealDrums directory.
- Fixed: The "Include Songs without Melodies” setting in the Jukebox options dialog was producing the opposite result.
- Fixed: The Jukebox should default to the Songs directory if there are no songs in the previously used
- Fixed: The DAWPlugin window might disappear when the style is generating. This affects programs like Ableton Live, Cubase, and Studio One. directory.
- Fixed: Options | Language Selection would cause "out of bounds" error if not using English version.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 310 (Oct 22, 2019):
- Fixed: Some Band-in-a-Box song files would fail to load in the DAW Plugin.
- Fixed: Shots, Holds, and Rests would not be imported into the DAW Plugin from Band-in-a-Box song files.
- Fixed: Clear renders tool-tip shows "Clear Renders_1"
- Fixed: All tool-tips and functions to be "mac" specific
- Fixed: Resolution of Standalone plugin icon
- Fixed: Standalone plugin doesn't ask to save when closing
- Fixed: Update host state when adding chords
- Fixed: "Open Recent" opening file picker dialog
- Fixed: Clicking on bar in chord sheet while playing will stop tracks
- Fixed: "SavedTracks" folder could be any name
- Fixed: Custom "SavedTracks" folder not working
- Fixed: Mute not working on midi tracks
- Fixed: Add plugin support for Legacy OS X (from 10.7)
- Fixed: Synced tracks not updating
- Fixed: Plugin made sound when starting playback in Cubase
- Fixed: Plugin made sound when stopping playback
- Fixed: Generation not cancelling when starting new session
- Fixed: Fix Generate all pages not working
- Fixed: Mixing short Multi-Riffs with full length tracks had wrong timing.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 309 (Oct 15, 2019):
- Fixed: Most menu items are blank if booting Band-in-a-Box in a non-English operating system.
- Fixed: The guitar fretboard type would not switch based on the selected RealTracks (eg. display 4 strings for bass RealTracks).
- Fixed: If the Bass track is selected while opening the Guitar window, then switching to a 6-string track will not display guide notes for all 6 strings.
- Fixed: The [Play] [Stop] [+] [-] buttons in the StylePicker do not respond properly to mouse clicks.
- Fixed: Redundant wording in the MIDI Track Picker dialog.
- Fixed: The Jukebox should default to the Songs directory if no song is currently selected.
- Fixed: The currently selected style should be selected and visible when opening the StylePicker.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 308 (Oct 4, 2019):
- Fixed: The Chord Builder is disabled if previously opened before using a modal dialog (eg. Style Picker, Set Tempo).
- Fixed: The program might crash when selecting RealTracks in the Best RealTracks dialog (eg. #2541)
- Improved: Higher dots-per-inch printing.
- Added: [Print Chords Only] button added to the Print Options dialog.
- Fixed: Wrong notes in Oohs and Aahs RealTracks.
Summary of changes in DAW Plugin 1.16.12
- Fixed: It was not possible to type + in the chord sheet, unless using the number pad + key.
- Fixed: User is not asked to save their song if opening another song from within the Finder (double-clicking on song, or dragging on to application icon).
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box song files might change their file association to BBM4.app. The file icons become blue instead of yellow, and double-clicking on them in the Finder will not launch Band-in-a-Box. A hidden BBM4 application will be running, and can only be terminated within the Activity Monitor.
- Fixed: Clicking on buttons in the bottom row of the Chord Builder would crash the program.
- Added: Language selection dialog added to Options menu.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 306 (Sept 25, 2019):
- Fixed: The DAW Plugin should not check for Band-in-a-Box update patches.
- Fixed: Better highlighting in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Make selected cell at the end after pasting.
- Fixed: Some styles not dragging all tracks from blue button.
- Fixed: Losing focus in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Plugin stops playing non-synced tracks when closing and then opening plugin.
- Fixed: Issues in DP (8 & 10) lagging and not loading tracks or songs.
- Fixed: Track text resizing incorrectly.
- Fixed: C#7b5b9b13 to chord sheet.
- Fixed: Audio stutters when resizing plugin in Cubase and Ableton live.
- Fixed: Auto generation after open feature not working in Studio One.
- Fixed: Playback in plugin is distorted after switching plugins.
- Fixed: Crackling audio in Cubase.
- Added: SHIFT-ARROWS to select in chord sheet.
- Added: SHIFT-TAB to go backwards in chord sheet.
- Added: Copy selected cell if nothing highlighted.
- Added: Support for all Band-in-a-Box file types (.SG1 etc).
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 305 (Sept 20, 2019):
- Fixed: Printing the Lead Sheet was not supported.
- Fixed: The Audio Chord Wizard was not producing any chords.
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box does not have read/write privileges for the Data or Preferences folder during bootup, it will attempt to get privileges (requires Administrator account).
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 304 (Sept 17, 2019):
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box was not always opening with the same window position as the previous session.
- Fixed: The "Normalize mix" setting was not working when rendering to audio.
- Fixed: If the "Normalize individual tracks" setting was checked, then the full mix would be normalized when rendering audio.
- Fixed: MIDI tracks might not render to audio when using the DAW Plugin.
- Updated: PDF Manuals.
Summary of changes for Version 2019 Build 303 (Sept 13, 2019):
- Fixed: Double-clicking does not start a demo in the RealDrums picker and RealTracks picker dialogs.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash if opening and closing an AU plugin's GUI several times.
- Fixed: Misc StylePicker data corrections
- Added: _Offbeat.sty (used in new features video tutorial)
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might crash when opening the Notation Options dialog.
- Fixed: Memory leak when opening and closing the Lead Sheet window multiple times.
- Fixed: Right-clicking to open context menus on chord sheet would not work if moving the mouse while the right mouse button was down.
- Fixed: List boxes were not scrolling to display the selected item (eg. the Loops window).
- Fixed: The notation window should not respond to mouse clicks when a modal dialog is open.
- Fixed: The track labels in the Mixer would sometimes have very large text.
- Fixed: The Guitar window should reopen while starting the program if it was open while exiting.
- Fixed: Clicking near a staff line will now insert the note on the line.
- Fixed: Holding Ctrl key when pressing the Zoom In or Zoom Out (+/-) buttons in the Notation Window will now zoom in or out by the minimum possible amount.
- Fixed: Pressing the Zoom In or Zoom Out buttons in the Notation Window would cause the vertical scroll bar to jump to the bottom location.
- Fixed: right-clicking on the time line in the Notation Window was causing both the Beat Resolution Dialog and the right click menu to pop up instead of just the Beat Resolution Dialog.
- Fixed: Close button did not close the print options dialog
- Fixed: Added the flash message regarding printing to the Print Options dialog
- Fixed: when switching to the Drum track in the Lead Sheet window, then debugger would issue a message about an invalid context.
- Fixed: if switching from LeadSheet to Notation and then back to Lead Sheet, there would be a bogus Notation Window still onscreen.
PG Music Inc.
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows New Features
Learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - our New Features Video is ready! Watch it here.
Read all about the new features:
New features website
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade Manual
Or read our "49 of Your Problems Solved!" page, here, which lists 49 requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows.
Don't forget... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!
We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.
Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!
49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!
With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!
We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.
This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"
So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.
50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!
Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!
Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.
ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.
New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!
A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!
Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.
We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!
ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!
Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!
Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.
Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!
With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!
Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).
Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.
Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.
New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!
Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!
We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.
Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.
Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)
Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM