Options
Index
#564471 - 11/16/19 01:34 PM [User Showcase] THE WAY OF THE WORLD
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/the-way-of-the-world

I haven't posted a song in a while and made the decision to get to work and get something up here again. Sorry I've been gone for a while but life tends to get in the way. This tune is a little bit "preachy" but I promise you I was looking in the mirror often on this! It's about how we are just not as caring for our neighbor as we used to be in society. Thank you all for your time to listen and comment! I appreciate it so much!

BIAB
Drums - Rock 90's
Bass - 1522 Electric Power 8's
Guitar - 697 Electric Rock Dirty
Guitar - 694 Electric Rock Arp
Me
Vocals
Guitar Rhythm and Leads played through my Roland GR55
Synths
Percussion

The Way Of The World
Words and music by
Torrey Bliss
Copyright 2019

Headed to the cliff at a breakneck speed
Are we ever gonna turn this thing around
Hey maybe someday
But it's not gonna be right now
While creation cries and another soul dies
We're fighting over ideology
Nobody's letting go and nobody really wants to see
Its the way of the world
The voice of reason unheard
Aversion to the light
Do I love my neighbor do I feel his pain
Do I care enough to even know his name
Do I have a heart do I love him as I love myself
We choose the way of the world
Where no reason is heard
We're running from the light
Oh the way of the world
Its selfish banner unfurled
The golden rule denied
Judge me if you will
But I won't judge you
For there's a cross waiting for me I must bear
If change is up to me
The time has come to do it now
We choose the way of the world
Where no reason is heard
We're running from the light
Oh the way of the world
Its selfish banner unfurled
There is hope if we'll turn back
While we still have left some time

Edited by Torrey Bliss (11/20/19 04:06 PM)

#564473 - 11/16/19 01:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Torrey,

Great to see a new one from you!

A powerful opening. Nice guitar work. Cool drums.

Awesome bass. Super vocals. So many nice little touches throughout the production. Bits of ear candy sprinkled all over. (cool guitar all the way through)

A little ELO. A little Boston. A little Beatles. A bunch of Rundgren...All the things that make it ALL Torrey Bliss.

Good write. Excellent mix.

Heading back to have another little. Well worth many.

fj

#564477 - 11/16/19 02:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Torrey,
Exceptional work - great guitar parts - melodic and musically excellent.

I agree with floyd regarding all the influences and nuances in your work.

Mix sounded great and the whole piece was wonderfully professional.

Peter

#564478 - 11/16/19 02:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Great song Torrey and such a great sound.

I had the volume turned up kind of hot from listening to some thing else previously.
Then came your intro.
Wow.
Had to turn it down a bit.
smile

Great message in that song. Yup. gotta look at ones self first.
Phil Keagyish on the vocals????
Very nice sounds

#564480 - 11/16/19 03:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hello Torrey. Thats what I call hitting a nail on the head.
Great band choice,lyrics and vocal. Well done.

#564500 - 11/16/19 07:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Maryland
Great rocker with a great message, I'm all in.

#564502 - 11/16/19 08:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Torrey
As Peter said, very melodic with great guitar sounds and an excellent vocal.
And to add to Floyd's list of luminaries, I'm getting a hint of Elvis Costello.
Great work (and not too preachy as far as I'm concerned).
Regards,
Leon

#564509 - 11/16/19 10:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Online   content
Expert

You're becoming the king of dual lead.
I love your strong melody in this, (as always).
There's nothing wrong with holding up a mirror so long as we're not afraid to look 1st.
Great rocker Torrey.
fabulous song.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#564535 - 11/17/19 02:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hi Torrey,

I've been looking forward so much to your next song and here it finally is.... And yes, you never disappoint, it's just awesome in every respect.

The subject is the one that can't be sung about often enough these days - a fantastic write !!!!

A pity that Floyd and Ray have already commented, because they mention what I was thinking of when I heard the song: The dual lead (which I love so much) remindes me on Wishbone Ash (I'm European...), butr of course Boston nails it, too. Beatles, Elo, yes - you can't hide your musical socialization - luckily I might add.

But whoever may have influenced you: It's an original Torrey Bliss song through and through and if that ain't radio quality I wouldn't know which one was...

Everything terrific with this one - thanks a lot for finally delivering this gem.

All the best,

Stefan

#564538 - 11/17/19 02:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Crossroads]
rayc Online   content
Expert

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
reminds me on Wishbone Ash (I'm European...)
Stefan

Stefan, I'm a HUGE Wishbone Ash fan - principally ARGUS but over all - a fabulous band & yes, Torrey does have THAT sound.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#564555 - 11/17/19 06:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
What a cool intro Torrey. Another super vocal as well. Loved this tune. Super rocker.. Excellent lyric.. Guitars were excellent

#564562 - 11/17/19 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: rayc]
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Hi Ray,

I was almost sure that no-one here might know that terrific band...

Just listened to 'Blind Eye','Vas Dis' (which is absolutely cover-proof, I think) and some more, first time after decades - just gorgeous...

cheers,

Stefan

#564570 - 11/17/19 08:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man!!! You had me right from the opening harmony guitars and it just kept getting better from there.

Just totally outstanding, loved everything about it! I listened first then listened again while reading the comments.

I was initially thinking Boston meets the Beatles, but then read the comment from Stefan. Wishbone Ash! Yeah, I can hear that too, listened to them a lot back in the day.

But mostly I hear you. The way you have assimilated all your influences while adding your own spin on things makes it unique and very, very good indeed.

Very much enjoyed!

Blue Attitude Website

#564578 - 11/17/19 08:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
jptjptjpt Offline
Apprentice

Wow. Great production and great message. Nice use of BIAB and playing real instruments.

p.s. Thanks for listen and comments on my song posting. I appreciate it.

Edited by jptjptjpt (11/17/19 08:44 AM)

#564584 - 11/17/19 09:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Teletwanger Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Nashville Tennessee
Very nice. Beatle-esque. Great playing and singing.

#564585 - 11/17/19 09:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
Brian Cadoret Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands
A cracking good song a great listen thanks Torrey, strong guitar lead lines and just love those tight vocal harmonies ( can hear the Jeff Lynne tones in there ) although of course it's your song.
All you need now is a string section to top it off. smile

Great stuff well done.

#564591 - 11/17/19 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Torrey,
Dave put it well; sure the influences are there,
"But mostly I hear you. The way you have assimilated all your influences while adding your own spin on things makes it unique and very, very good indeed."
I`m a big fan of your melodic sense and the twin guitars are irressistible.
Awesome vocal here too... good to have you post again- at the top of your form!

Robert

#564606 - 11/17/19 10:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Expert

Loc: Finland
Enjoyable fast pace pop rock with really nice (different) transitions between sections, especially that 'now' cry having both desperation and hope. Great lyrics, preachy but that's the way it should be - to wake up everybody, "The voice of reason unheard " unfortunately so true... All the great Torrey elements there: melodic, lush harmonies, ELO solo, the excellent use of BIAB instruments.

Janne

#564625 - 11/17/19 11:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: floyd jane]
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd for having a listen and commenting! I loved all those musical references you listed and suppose that some of it works it's way out in the music. Thanks, Torrey

#564639 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: THE WAY OF THE WORLD [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Deej56 Offline
Journeyman

Torrey,

Wow, what an opening—totally engaging. Love the lyrics and, man, those guitars, totally magnetic. Vocal really fits and sits well in the mix. Terrific tune!

Regards,

Deej

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

It's HERE! Take a quick tour of the just-released Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows when you check out our latest video:
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Everything you need to know in under 6 minutes!* (plus the 49-PAK!)

Read more about this new version here, and check out our amazing upgrade pricing (up to 50% off during our special!) here!

Great New Content in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is here! Limited Time Special Offers Until December 31, 2019 - SAVE up to 50% on most Band-in-a-Box® version 2020 for Windows Upgrade packages... and that's not all! When you buy version 2020 for Windows before December 31, 2019, we'll include a Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020, Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 2020 and RealBand 2020 - Over 50 new features!
- We have information about the program here.
- Specific information about the features is here.
- Ordering and info about the pacakages and pricing is available here.

Plus, there is a HUGE amount of new content...
- 202 new RealTracks, description and audio demos: click here.
- Xtra Styles Set 8 for Band-in-a-Box®, (description and video demos): Learn more...
- Loops-with-Style Set 1 for Band-in-a-Box®: product description and video demo.
- Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons FREE! Learn more...
- Bonus 49 Pak (with 40 RealTracks)! Learn more...
- 2 new MIDI SuperTrack Sets - Learn more...
- 280 Drums RealCharts (previously had only 22, now have transcriptions for half of all of the 600 audio RealDrums)
- 5 Instrumental Studies Sets - Learn more...
- Two new all MIDI styles sets "Look-Ma! More MIDI" Sets 3 and 4 (30 MIDI styles) audio demos: Learn more...

Plus,the Online (or PDF) manual for the full program, or just the new features, are available here.

Forum Stats
30578 Members
63 Forums
61191 Topics
516729 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
podling9, Jimmy S, Sylle, aibagllo, Padgett

30578 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 294
Matt Finley 231