Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#564360 11/15/19 02:06 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My wife has the most disarming smile and placid demeanor...until she doesn`t, at which time its duck and cover.

Conducting Lightning

Style is _HOMESIK.STY (Homesick Soft Pop Serenade)

RealTracks in style: ~2474:Bass, Acoustic, Held Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2195:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm CoolJazzPopHeld Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3059:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Muted16thsFintan Ev16 080
RealTracks in song: 3230:Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 090
RealTracks in song: 3231:Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldHighDarin Ev16 090
RealDrums [in style:CongasEv16[single] [Multi]

Conducting Lightning

she once seemed serene as earth
dark sky never raised a frown
when stars are falling
her bravados walking
not looking up

should have known the quiet ones
keep their powder dry
her jagged gaze
cuts through the haze
of trash talk

I heard waves crash round the king
tried to turn the tide
felt the white heat of truth
shine brown eyes
I`ve seen a grown man face the music
shaking in his boots
I saw you
conducting lightning

her elusive smile sparks my spine
I see pie in the sky
she says I`m passing through
the little house you drew
`til its clear who`s boss

you might think still waters
that`s my Mona Lisa
that little mood apart
isn`t all her art
she`s nobody to cross

I heard waves crash round the king
tried to turn the tide
felt the white heat of truth
shine brown eyes
I`ve seen a grown man face the music
shaking in his boots
I saw you
conducting lightning
I`ve seen this grown man face the music
shaking in his boots
I saw you
conducting lightning

© Robert Cordrey Oct. 2019

User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Very well done, Robert! I enjoyed listening to this song.

Will

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really great use of the Style you chose! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Listened to this last night on my phone and them again on the headphones. First super vocal and lyric. Loved your backtrack on this. Some very cool instrument choices and chord changes. Well done..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert,

Great musical opening. Subtle and ear-catching. So good I started it over 3 times before going on to the lyric.

"should have known the quiet ones
keep their powder dry"

Good line and cool melody...

"I`ve seen a grown man face the music
shaking in his boots
I saw you
conducting lightning"

Nice.

That acoustic guitar RT is a perfect sword for you. Cool production.

Excellent mix.

Really liked this.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like a desert symphony - Joshua Tree lightning rods et al.
Nice one.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Robert

Extremely atmospheric, and a very nice overall production.
No surprise the lyrics were top notch and the vocal was assured and nicely done.

An impressive piece of song writing.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Robert,

where to begin...?

The most interesting combination of the beautiful melody and that RealStyle - terrific!

A great write - really caught me.

VERY well-sung !

Awesome !

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent intro! Sounded great through the 'phones.

I always enjoy your lyrics, and I like your vocal too, the falsetto you added to "dry" and "Lisa" is cool.

The lightning fx at the end was a nice touch.

Enjoyed!

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very calming. Love the chord changes. Deep.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Focusrite 18i20
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very well done, Robert! I enjoyed listening to this song.

Will

Thanks Will!

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really great use of the Style you chose! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for listening Ember.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Listened to this last night on my phone and them again on the headphones. First super vocal and lyric. Loved your backtrack on this. Some very cool instrument choices and chord changes. Well done..

Scott,
You turned me on to those cinematic guitar tracks... fun to use them here.
Thanks for your support!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert,

Great musical opening. Subtle and ear-catching. So good I started it over 3 times before going on to the lyric.

"should have known the quiet ones
keep their powder dry"

Good line and cool melody...

"I`ve seen a grown man face the music
shaking in his boots
I saw you
conducting lightning"

Nice.

That acoustic guitar RT is a perfect sword for you. Cool production.

Excellent mix.

Really liked this.

fj

Floyd,

I appreciate those comments- glad you liked the atmospheric intro and the chorus lyrics ( hope I made it clear who was shaking in their boots!).

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice backstory leads to the excellent song title. And then starts the super intro, those cinematic guitars really fit the mood. Later the congas join in nicely.

Dynamic melody with nice leaps. Great chording, especially in the beginning of the catchy chorus.

Lyrically full of great images like "should have known the quit ones keep their powder dry", I really enjoy the story, you are really a gifted songwriter with original ideas smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Robert,

Excellent vocal on this—really crisp. The production on this is just so clean . . . very nice touches and this throughout. Not sure why this reminds me of a Counting Crows song . . . just strikes me as something they would do. Really cool tune—enjoyed it a lot!

My kind regards,

Deej

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Hello, again, 'Robertkc'...

'Conducting Lightning' is an appealing and wryly diverting title for such an introspective song. That being said, in Conducting Lightning, I feel you've used words as lyrics in a sublimely poetic way to paint a picture of a singular and unique indivdual whom you appear to know in a deep and unbounded way. In fact, I'd say you've achieved something that I have always yearned (and still hope) to do -- to compose a song about a love relationship, but without ever using the word 'love'.

Conducting Lightning is some kind of notable achievement, seriously, because 'true love' in my opinion is really about having an depthless, fathomless capacity to take in the entirety of the loved one's mind, heart and soul, without fear, judgement, or insecurity. It's a tall order, for sure, but not impossible. I believe you acknowledged that challenge and revealed your acceptance of it in your sweet song.

The Real Style you selected to convey your feelings in music is perhaps one of the most perfect pairings of Band-in-a-Box’s instrumental tracks with lyrics that I've heard on the User's Forum. It has just the right quality of fragility and sensitivity of tone that your lyrics needed. It's dreamy-sounding, quietly stirring in spirit, serene as the endless cycle of waves at low tide rolling onto the shore and then rebounding lazily back into the ocean. The congas add a playful, low-key but lively feel to the song.

You sing like a man who is planning to present the song to his heart’s pleasure as though it was her birthday gift. It's lovely, loving, and eternal in it's personal testimonial of what you see within, from without.

LOREN

Last edited by bluage; 11/17/19 01:06 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Another good bit of writing, RKC, perhaps a little less poetic than usual, but tailored, I'm sure, to fit your subject. Enjoyed it a lot as I do all of your work.

Last edited by TuneMonger; 11/17/19 01:52 PM.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Robert,

I told you before, it seems I like all your songs. You don't have a song makes me say "Mwahhh..."
But, of course, that is not a complain, if you might think so (although you could try to make an awful song once grin
The way you play with the words in your lyrics makes me (a bit) jealous.
Your vocals are very good. They make the melody of the song, althougt those chopping strings do their best to match them.
I have used these chopping violins and cello often. They bring a nice tension in a song. Surely they do in your song. I would say: Chapeau!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one Robert. I really love the mellow vibe from that style you used. It reminded me a lot of Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on fire", from the early 80s.

Very well written lyrics too, completely understand and relate to them. smile

Keep up the excellent work sir!

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really well done - I really thought the lyrics added a nice dynamic, and your vocals are top notch on this one. It display some strong song-writing abilities, and the mix on it is concise and professional.

Great work - thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
A nice production & mix...
With great vocals...
I liked unique concept of the song as well as the lyrics...
You had many notable lines...
But undoubtedly my favorite was...

"I heard waves crash round the king
tried to turn the tide"

That lyric & corresponding melodic phrase really made it shine...
As usual good job!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Now here is an excellent song, the vocal is just awesome!!!,,, Great song all around Robert!! Cliff

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,585
Posts734,718
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 196