Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#566553 11/26/19 02:48 AM
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
EZKeys for 29 USD (At Sweetwater) has to be the lowest price I have seen. I am hoping this means EZKeys 2 is finally coming soon.

https://www.toontrack.com/black-friday/?utm_source=Facebook%26Instagram&utm_campaign=BF+-+WEEK+-+US%2C+EU%2C+SE+%282019%29+%23&Adset.Name=BF+-+WEEK+-+RETARGET+%28ALL+WEEK%29+-+VIDEO&fbclid=IwAR2_yuNs31dD6GXlggkexvjlG_M99RvPFQ_0dS6BAC_Qx35XzPw1YlFoYsM

Last edited by MusicStudent; 11/26/19 01:42 PM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Are you talking about the EZKeys Dream Machine? It's showing here at $36.

I'm a big fan of EZDrummer2 but don't know anything about EZKeys, is the Dream Machine standalone or is it an expansion library for EZKeys?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
EZKeys for 39 USD has to be the lowest price I have seen. I am hoping this means EZKeys 2 is finally coming soon.

https://www.toontrack.com/black-friday/?utm_source=Facebook%26Instagram&utm_campaign=BF+-+WEEK+-+US%2C+EU%2C+SE+%282019%29+%23&Adset.Name=BF+-+WEEK+-+RETARGET+%28ALL+WEEK%29+-+VIDEO&fbclid=IwAR2_yuNs31dD6GXlggkexvjlG_M99RvPFQ_0dS6BAC_Qx35XzPw1YlFoYsM

Yes, keep an eye out for toontrack daily sales. Late last night I picked up ambient and guitar amps for EZMix2 at $20 USD each. That was the lowest price I have ever seen for EZMix2 effects.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
....is the Dream Machine standalone or is it an expansion library for EZKeys?

Ya this is tricky. For 36$ you get the full EZkeys app with a single piano (the dream machine). Any thing after this is an addon. Many of the midi libraries are going for $10 bucks. this is a great way to get introduced to the program. But you will want to buy more add ons over time.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
....is the Dream Machine standalone or is it an expansion library for EZKeys?

Ya this is tricky. For 36$ you get the full EZkeys app with a single piano (the dream machine). Any thing after this is an addon. Many of the midi libraries are going for $10 bucks. this is a great way to get introduced to the program. But you will want to buy more add ons over time.

Thanks! For $36 it's a no brainer, I bought it wink

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
They do this every year.

And when they do, Sweetwater has that same thing (piano pack) for $29.
I'll be getting it there. (same way I got the String Machine, the Upright and the Studio Grand and Electric pianos over the years).

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZkeysDM--toontrack-ezkeys-dream-machine-songwriting-software-and-virtual-pianos

Usually, they (Sweetwater) also have the $10 midi pack deals for $9 (but they don't seem to at the moment).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Sweetwater has that same thing (piano pack) for $29. I'll be getting it there. (same way I got the String Machine, the Upright and the Studio Grand and Electric pianos over the years).

^^^This! I have the same piano modules. laugh

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
So I think I understand that this includes the complete EZ Keys application but is limited to a couple of virtual instruments. Is that correct?

Further, maybe someone can help me but does EZ Keys (and this deal specifically) have built-in patterns or riffs to help build keyboard tracks?

If so, does this package include that in its entirety?

And assuming everything so far is affirmative, can I create/build a key track in EZ Keys and then export it to my DAW as MIDI and then apply/assign a different virtual keyboard such as one from my Kontakt collection? And still retain all of the patterns and nuances and whatever EZ Keys let me build?

If so I think this is a no-brainer for me as I do not play keys but would love another option besides BIAB to build a key track.

Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John, this is a no brainer. It will do all you said.

It is a complete package. but for 29$ you are limited to one virtual instrument, the String Machine. Other keyboards and pianos will be addons at a cost. I eventually invested a ~ couple hundred dollars to get a lot more content.

Yes you will get a nice collection of patterns or riffs to help build keyboard tracks.

Yes, it works sweet in Reaper to move midi around and assign anything you want to it. Perhaps you have other VST Pianos? No problem

An yes, you can move BIAB chord sheets into EZKeys, opps you don't ask that.

Here is what you get with String Machine.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (79.53 KB, 109 downloads)
Last edited by MusicStudent; 11/26/19 01:53 PM.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Where's that EZBass they were releasing ?
With EZKeys you can set it to Midi Out and use it with any Virtual Instrument.
You can create and save your own patterns from midi.
It will follow the BB Chord Output track fitting the phrases to the BB chord progression.
Biab Chord Sheet to EZKeys

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
EZKeys-Midi-Out.gif (445.13 KB, 108 downloads)
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Ya, no ezkeys2 and no ezbass - after all these years of waiting. Turns out Toontrack is less than 100 employees. With the flagship products SD3 and EZD2 they just don't have the horsepower to keep the other lines on an agressive timeline.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

They announced a few weeks ago that EZBass is delayed and won’t be released until 2020.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I’m holding out for EZTalent!!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Thanks everyone! A few follow up questions if you don't mind? smile

1) buying any EZ Keys from the EZ Keys Line includes the standard MIDI pattern library and one main virtual instrument?
2) is the MIDI pattern library included with this Dream Machine one that is tailored specifically to this instrument or is it truly a standard library included in all EZ Keys Line products?
3) does it include additional MIDI patterns for the included instrument?
4) buying another EZ Keys Line product is at a reduced price because you are buying the instrument and already have the application?
5) what are the EZ Keys MIDI products such as Americana, Country and Hip-Hop? Are those just new MIDI patterns to add to the standard MIDI pattern library?
6) how much additional patterns do you get in these EZ Keys MIDI products?
7) does the standard MIDI pattern library contain a significant number of patterns to be truly useful?
8) is the offer at Sweetwater the exact same as buying it from Toontrack?
9) is there any advantage from buying directly from Toontrack like access to updates or anything?
10) I'm not very interested in the virtual instrument included in Dream Machine and so I am a little concerned I'll end up with MIDI patterns that are specific to this instrument rather than generic ones I can use with my other librarys

Dang, this product is harder to buy and configure than anything I've seen yet!

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 11/26/19 07:01 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
1) buying any EZ Keys from the EZ Keys Line includes the standard MIDI pattern library and one main virtual instrument?

Yes. Each of the full products (pianos) come with the same group of patterns - 9 different genres - each containing a few different tempos (generally 2-5). Several include some Swing and/or some 3/4 or 6/8.

2) is the MIDI pattern library included with this Dream Machine one that is tailored specifically to this instrument or is it truly a standard library included in all EZ Keys Line products?

Not tailored to the Dream Machine. It is the standard group that comes with them all.

3) does it include additional MIDI patterns for the included instrument?

No.

4) buying another EZ Keys Line product is at a reduced price because you are buying the instrument and already have the application?

You CAN buy expansions - less expensive because they are just the instrument, no MIDI libraries. You can also buy another full package that will simply add the instrument (since you already have the app and the standard library). As in this case, I bought the full Dream Machine app - for $29 - and it installed the instrument to my existing app.

5) what are the EZ Keys MIDI products such as Americana, Country and Hip-Hop? Are those just new MIDI patterns to add to the standard MIDI pattern library?

They are additions to the MIDI libraries in styles/patterns typical of their respective genre. Usually they include 5 or 6 new groupings/tempos. The demos on the Toontrack site will usually cover them all so you can hear what you will get.

6) how much additional patterns do you get in these EZ Keys MIDI products?

See 5.

7) does the standard MIDI pattern library contain a significant number of patterns to be truly useful?

Depends on who you are, what you play/produce...

8) is the offer at Sweetwater the exact same as buying it from Toontrack?

Yes. They simply provide you a KEY which is used on the Toontrack site to download and install the product. There is a Toontrack Downlaod Manager (that I have found to work well. I've had no problems with it at all).

9) is there any advantage from buying directly from Toontrack like access to updates or anything?

No. See 8. When you open the Manager, it will tell you if there are updates for any product you own.

10) I'm not very interested in the virtual instrument included in Dream Machine and so I am a little concerned I'll end up with MIDI patterns that are specific to this instrument rather than generic ones I can use with my other librarys

The standard patterns are the same regardless of instrument.
The Dream Machine has a lot of really nice sounds (I think).
Whatever you produce in the program can be exported as MIDI to use with any other instrument you choose.
The patterns are provided with some really nice chord progressions, btu they can be changed to whatever you want. Or you can simply input any chord pattern you want and then apply the playing pattern/style of the provided styles to your chords.
All of this is fairly easy to see from short "tutorials" - either on the Toontrack site or Youtube.

For $29 (at Sweetwater), you aren't out a lot if you don't end up using it for anything. And another $10 will show you what comes with one of the MIDI expansion packs. (The New Wave one is a nice one in my opinion). I've bought bought a dozen of them over the years - during the holiday sales.

Watch closely (pause the video) and you can see the genres that come with the standard library. Then you can also see what comes with an expansion (Country in this case).

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd, thanx for this. I wasn't aware of how good EZKeys were at MIDI. IMHO PGMusic should view this to see what the competition is doing in MIDI. It looks like I'm going to be spending some money.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good to see there are some new recruits for EZKeys. It is really an application which integrates well with both BIAB and Reaper for music making. Definitely a different sales model compared to BIAB. For EZKeys you have to individually buy all the pieces. But you can skip stuff which may not be to your taste.

Like BIAB there are sales (this time of year generally but others as well) where the pricing does down to the no-brainer level. Ask FJ about how he got his pair of grands, the sales can be very good at times. Oh, and by the way always check pricing at Sweetwater. wink

Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Floyd, thank you so much for such detailed and informative responses to my questions! I'm sold! Totally. Gonna buy it today.

Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Fitting EZKeys Midi phrases to chord track:
EZKeys will also fit any standard midi files to the chord track.

Full Screen > Import BB Chords to EZKeys

Full Screen > Inserting EZKeys Browser Phrases into BB Chords

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Sweetwater has the Dream Machine package for $29 US. The same package on the ToonTrack website is $39 US.

However, the ToonTrack website also offers +++ EZmix2 +++ for $39 US. If, like me, you're not an experienced mixer this is a fantastic deal. The EZmix2 plug-in does a couple of things that greatly help beginners. First it puts together an effects chain appropriate to the instrument, vocalist, buss or to master. Second each effects chain has two rotary controls that can be used to fine tune the settings to your taste.

Sale prices are available at the ToonTracks website until December 02.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,694
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200