Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
By selecting the track names this will sync playback to host/preview,
the track names just needs to be highlighted to to be seen easily

To select/deselect a track maybe just left click.
Left click + shift for multiple.
Left click + ctrl (or alt) to deselect all.

Another way if the above can't be done, below in the pic the master drag export is on the right giving room for a Mute/Play button for each track, a no brainer to work out.. maybe it could right click like BB to solo a track and ctrl right click to solo another..

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-VST-Mixer-Solo-Mute.png (114.9 KB, 272 downloads)
BB-VST-Mixer-Solo-Mute2.png (115.13 KB, 267 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Here is what I make of Piplines comment above, now that I have played with the DAW VST.

It seems the absence of a " Mute/Play button for each track" results in continued confusion in version 2.0.0. It leaves one trying to figure out exactly what tracks are playing, specifically - the tracks which have been moved into the DAW or the tracks which remain in the VST plugin.

I still am only able to play when the DAW transport play is hit. So why is there a Play in the VST transport? I assume it is to play the tracks there, but I don't immediately see how that is done. This all seems like Deja Vue.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You can do it when you decipher the code, it's designed that way to make it a bit of a challenge for users.
It took me a while to work it out even with some pointers I was confused.
The worst thing is I should not have to explain to anyone how to use it, it should be a no brainer. If I told them once I told them 100 times, get it right the first time or users will get frustrated and give up.

To preview the tracks you need to select the track name by left click and ctrl so the tracks become slightly darker,
now with the DAW stopped you hit the play button in the Biab Plugin. But as you left click the Master you will get a Bar Setting menu that should pop up when you right click on the chord sheet.

To playback the tracks in sync to the DAW you need to left double click, yes double click on the Drag Audio icon until it turns from green to light blue, now to mute any of those tracks you need to right click until they turn bright red.

So if you have a few pages of tracks you need to go through them and double click each Drag Audio icon that you want to play.

If you want to solo any of those tracks you need to right click all the others so they all turn bright red.

It works a bit like RealBand before it had a solo button on each track.

How it is now is just gonna frustrate users and pisss them off from using the plugin. If someone is going to do a review/write up/video about it won't get a good report.

It's like old video games with secret things you would click on or push the jump button while pressing up 3 times on the joystick to open a secret passage of escape.

So what way is the easiest ? the way it is now or the way I described 100 times for the last year.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Here's more options to make it easier:
1.Add the Mute/Play & Solo buttons.
2.Add the Mute/Play & Solo buttons remove Drag Audio
and just Drag the track name (lot more to grab) like
RapidComposer, the track name background changes color once
generated.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-VST-Mixer-Solo-Mute3.png (119.13 KB, 215 downloads)
BB-VST-Mixer-Solo-Mute4.png (120.34 KB, 215 downloads)
RC-Drag-Track.gif (118.33 KB, 212 downloads)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Another thing I never use is the Demo Play button as you always use the style preview play button in the style picker, you don't pick a style, close the style picker window go back to the VST and hit Demo to listen to it, then if it don't sound suitable you go back in the style picker pick another and do the same.......
If you add the Sync Host button there then you just click it if you don't want the tracks in the VST playing back with the host, if you want them to play back with the host you click it again, how it is now it plays back with the host if you like it or not.

BB-VST-Style-Preview.png (3.65 KB, 186 downloads)
BB-VST-Mixer-Solo-Mute5.png (120.86 KB, 240 downloads)
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Pipeline, Brilliant in my opinion. Those improvements would get the plugin to where it would be a solid part of my daily workflow. 100000+ for me on all of it.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
Didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring you all. But I need to weigh my response very carefully on this item. I need to work through this, following the code you have provided, before I come back with my 2 cents on the topic. Pipeline, thanks for your input, you the man. laugh

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I’m a bit confused as to the blue vs green vs red. I gather from your description green is normal, double right click blue makes that track sync with the daw on playback to solo a track you need to left click all the others red. Would not it be better to left click it yellow to solo red to mute toggle thru them would be confusing I like the idea of two rows of buttons play/mute one and solo /unsolo the other.

I also agree with the sync button idea because to me that is the wrong place to audition I do that prior to selecting. If I chose poorly I can start over.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Green is the same as red in sync mode but red is the same as track not selected in play preview mode %^$$#^^!!

You could have an option in the Plugin
Solo > left click ON - right click multiple ON - left click all OFF except current track.
(that is the way BB works)
or
Solo > left click ON - left click + ctrl all OFF

BB-VST-Solo-Mute.gif (76.94 KB, 145 downloads)
Reaper-Solo-Mute.gif (58.47 KB, 143 downloads)
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Green is the same as red in sync mode but red is the same as track not selected in play preview mode %^$$#^^!!

You could have an option in the Plugin
Solo > left click ON - right click multiple ON - left click all OFF except current track.
(that is the way BB works)
or
Solo > left click ON - left click + ctrl all OFF

Red and green are the same for those of us that either color blind or partially color blind like myself.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
So you should be right with M(red) and P(green) rather than just a colored icon.
I saw a kid on the TV and he was color blind but then they gave him some special glasses and he could see all the colors.

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
It seems the absence of a " Mute/Play button for each track" results in continued confusion in version 2.0.0. It leaves one trying to figure out exactly what tracks are playing, specifically - the tracks which have been moved into the DAW or the tracks which remain in the VST plugin.

Yes. To make it more confusing you have preview only for RealTracks/-Drums. As the plugin has no rendering engine (not a even a low quality GM synth) you have to export MIDI anyway.

Anyway, I agree that mute and solo buttons are needed. Possibly with an option to auto-mute a track once it has been moved to the DAW.

Masi

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Another thing I never use is the Demo Play button as you always use the style preview play button in the style picker, you don't pick a style, close the style picker window go back to the VST and hit Demo to listen to it, then if it don't sound suitable you go back in the style picker pick another and do the same.......

Right you are. It's just a waste of space *.

Masi

* The big logo is much more of a nuisance.

Band-in-a-Box, BiaB-plugin, Reaper, Win10 64bit, i7-8565U, 24GB RAM (always latest versions)
Journeyman
Journeyman
You can do it when you decipher the code, it's designed that way to make it a bit of a challenge for users.
It took me a while to work it out even with some pointers I was confused.
The worst thing is I should not have to explain to anyone how to use it, it should be a no brainer. If I told them once I told them 100 times, get it right the first time or users will get frustrated and give up.

To preview the tracks you need to select the track name by left click and ctrl so the tracks become slightly darker,
now with the DAW stopped you hit the play button in the Biab Plugin. But as you left click the Master you will get a Bar Setting menu that should pop up when you right click on the chord sheet.

To playback the tracks in sync to the DAW you need to left double click, yes double click on the Drag Audio icon until it turns from green to light blue, now to mute any of those tracks you need to right click until they turn bright red.

So if you have a few pages of tracks you need to go through them and double click each Drag Audio icon that you want to play.

If you want to solo any of those tracks you need to right click all the others so they all turn bright red.

It works a bit like RealBand before it had a solo button on each track.

How it is now is just gonna frustrate users and pisss them off from using the plugin. If someone is going to do a review/write up/video about it won't get a good report.

It's like old video games with secret things you would click on or push the jump button while pressing up 3 times on the joystick to open a secret passage of escape.

So what way is the easiest ? the way it is now or the way I described 100 times for the last year.

Hi Pipeline,

Thanks so much for this thread Pipeline it really has been helpful in understanding the odd way of muting/soloing tracks. Why PGMusic can't put up a detailed written explanation of how to use this plugin beats me.

Brian

Brian Cadoret
BIAB 2024 Pro with BIAB2023 UltraPAK build 1104. Samplitude Pro X4 Suite. Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio
Focusrite 2i2 Scarlett
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I don't know if we can understand how to mute or solo the tracks in ChordPotion VSTi Plugin ???

BB-ChordPotion2.png (87.84 KB, 292 downloads)
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Solo is easy just click the track, and to solo multiple tracks hold control and click them. If you solo one the others are muted.

Pipeline is correct that these things need attention some day, but is it not more important to fix the 10 or so “new features” that do not work first? If you guys would lend your voices to that cause it might help. If we had mute and solo buttons but features listed as new this year are broken what’s the point. In it current configuration we can solo, maybe not as wished, but RCs do not work, renders are not as needed, tempo map doesn’t work, etc.

To be perfectly clear let’s ask for what we paid to upgrade for to work properly before we ask for new changes to GUI.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 02/16/20 02:37 PM.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
See I don't think the guy at ChordPotion gets asked how do I solo a track, how do I mute a track.

Quote:
new changes to GUI

This was asked on the day of the beta testing release and nearly every day since. (I never asked the ChordPotion guy.)
I think you can ask harshly or ask nicely but at the end of the day there are so many hours in a day and so many programming staff to get things done that's why it's called a backlog ToDoList.
Those Dry, Flat, Center, Normalize, ACID are all done in BBW4 that has to be done by Peter's side that's probably working on the Mac at the moment and will be for a while.
I would say a lot of the other issues are BBW4 related.
We try good cop bad cop but they still plod along frown

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,457
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195