Print Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Dave,

I'm really glad you enjoyed JFTR - thanks a lot for your kind and positive words.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Deej,

wow, what can I say - that is really some kind of plaudit... Thank you so much for those terrificly kind words !!!!

No, deej, I'm not playing live anymore. I stopped playing in a band about ten years ago; since my vision has dropped to far below 10%. It's no longer fun to leave the house at all. And I'm afraid (no, I'm dang sure) I'd ruim any stage set-up within minutes by stumbling over leads and knocking over microphone stands and stuff . smile But that's the way life goes.

Thanks again and all the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very cool Stefan!! Some great lyrics.....clever and fun! The band sounds great, harmony vocals are very nice. Good stuff all around!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Wow what a cool tune. Is a smoking tune. Very creative. Super vocals and awesome back track. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Wow, tunemonger, that is some kind of comment... I'm really happy that you enjoyed eberything that much and I want to say 'Thanks an awful lot' for your so very kind words.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Ed,

your very kind words really made me blush - thank you so much for that heckuva comment.. As much as I'm flattered by your assasment: I think that there are many folks here on the forum that are far better un using BIAB than I will ever be.

And so kick away any shame - we're all learning from each other here, I think.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dear Janice, dear Bud,

since you two belong to my musical favorites I am always especially happy to read that you enjoyed what Maha and I do.

Yes, POed, it's a shame things make you feel that way, but even if you got a long fuse and do your best to believe in the good (and intelligence) of mankind that's what you finally and necessarily become, I think... Well, not everyone, obviously ;-))))

I'm always very happy to read that you enjoy those little gimmicks like Mahas cameos and to be honest: Every time I'm brooding over them (which usually is the last part pof the production) I ask myself: Will they (i.e. you) enjoy them?

So thanks an awful lot and take good care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks a lot, Charlie, very much appreciated.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you very much, Steve, I'm really glad you enjoyed the thing.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks a lot, Marty. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks thanks thanks /dir taking the time to watch and fir your kind words).

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Excellent protesting you angry old man smile You have written a long story, but full of truth like
"Instead of wisdom, moral and integrity,
the world is being ruled by sheer insanity."

and full of good advices like:
"If you think ‘My country first and screw the rest!’
Remember sunday school: The first shall be last’."

and references to Orwell etc.

I really admire all the effort you have put on all these words, music and that excellent video. Angry Finn - very nice surprise to see him on your video laugh

Janne

Hello Janne,

I am really happy to read that you not only enjoyed the funny side of JFTR, but obviously share some of my opinions. Thanks a lot for your very kind comment.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool Stefan!! Some great lyrics.....clever and fun! The band sounds great, harmony vocals are very nice. Good stuff all around!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to watch and listen. I'm really glad that you enjoyed JFTR.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow what a cool tune. Is a smoking tune. Very creative. Super vocals and awesome back track. Well done

Hi Scott,

thanks a lot for your kind and positive comments - I always appreciate your opinion a lot.

Regards,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan and Maha,

That was a fantastic listen and watch! What an amazing write, stellar production and "Wow! this is incredible" video!

The creativity and the sense of unbridled fun that the two of you consistently manage to unleash in your presentations is always first class entertainment.

I can only imagine how long it takes to create something as polished as that Youtube clip.... incredible!

All the best for 2020,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi Stefan,

That was a very enjoyable listen and watch (I choosed the YouTube-version). And what an international group of people... if you work close together in the future you might be able to stop the melting of ice in Greenland... I vote for you to continue your career of wicked protest songs...

Stefan, I think you are a star... Maha needs to refine her performances and maybe stop being a lazy producer (we all know they don't really do anything)... Maha, come forward and sing for us together with Stefan...please... please...

Happy New Year to both of you! smile
Will

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Ray,

... I was absolutely sure that I had written a thankyou-reply to your very kind comment, but when I just controlled the thread I saw that I hadn't. Please forgive me - obviously 'angry' is not the only adjective that fits old me... frown

So thanks an awful lot - positive comments from your side are always especially welcome !!!

Seeing all those terrible videos of the bush fires we, of course, think a lot of our Australian forum friends hoping that they and their families and friends are not affected by this desaster- And, of course, we all hope that it will be over soon, even though the latest reports don't give much hope.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dear Noel,

what can I say? Your very kind comment on JFTR did not only make my day, it definitely has the potential to make a whole week.

Thank you so much for evrything you wrote - I hope I won't disappoint you with the forthcoming productions.

All the best to you and yours for 2020, and as I just wrote to Ray: We do hope that our Australian forum friends are not affected by those terrible bush fires. And we do hope those incredibly brave fire fighters will manage to blow them out soon.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Will,

thanks a lot for your very kind and most humorous words that really made me grin for a while. Glad you liked the song and, of course, there is still some wickedness inside of me, but I think I will prefer to come up with some nicer songs at least during the next months.

Of course I passed your plea to that lazy girl of mine smile - since she's still not that healthy she will have to stick to less excentric parts of our production (which fit her mentality more anyway), but I am sure there will be times (and I do hope they'll come soon) that she will be more of a stage hog than she is now.

Dear Will, all the best to you and yours and thank you so much for your continuous support of what we are doing. To me it's the support of a person who really knows a doggone lot about music, so it counts at least double!

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
Dear Mr. Stefan Nachtsheim...

I just listened to your steam-rolling 'protest' song, Just For The Record. Would you believe that I'm (almost) at a loss to begin relating to you how fantastic I think the song is??? Well, it's true, Stefan. You blindsided me with this one. I'm almost speechless, but not speechless enough to at least try to convey my utter amazement and wonder at what you have created.

Where do I begin? The lyrics are as ingenious and stinging as they are humorous and charged with the force of moral truth-telling. The music generated by the Real Tracks is like an express train hurtling down the tracks, leaving the listeners with only two choices -- jump on, or get the hell out of the way.

I love the intro, with that driving, exciting, 'Shaft'-style stick work on the drums, followed by the wailing harmonica. And that vocal track! You deserve some kind of award for delivering a such of torrent of lyrics/words with such amazingly accurate timing and phrasing. It made be feel out-of-breath! Obviously, you are a skilled singer. The vocal harmonizing in the chorus is energetic and quite thrilling.

I couldn't make out clearly your contribution to the mix through your guitar playing, but since I didn't hear anything played off-key, or off-tempo, I guess you must have played it quite well cool !!!

'The Smothers Brothers' would have loved to have had you perform this song on their long-running show, which as you may remember was regularly censored by the show's combative producers at CBS who felt that the brothers' comedic sketches and songs were too progressive and too disrespectful of the 'conservative' status quo at that turbulent time in American history, the 60's.

Any old way, I believe you've revived a musical tradition -- the 'protest' song -- in a musically exciting and potently descriptive way. As the American writer, Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868-1956) so famously said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Power to the people, Mr. Stefan Nachtsheim smile !!! And, please, post those lyrics cool.

LOREN

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,670
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200