Print Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
This was very different from your other song in a good way. Vocals were awesome and loved the guitar. Really engaging piece of music. Well done

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: EdZ314
This is very good song, and very good performance. Nice vocals, great lyrics and a pleasant blend in the duet portion. This song has some legs, I'm telling you.

If you wanted to put a bit more swing in there and some more aggressive arranging and instrumentation, it could also work really well in that style too. I think its great as it stands, no need to change it, but a really good song can have several excellent variations and still cut it.

Thanks for listening and commenting, Ed...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Top quality lyrics. When you two sing together in the second chorus, it is pure magic.

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Floyd and Janice wow very different and very creative I think the two of you can sing just about any genre very well done eric

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is great y'all. A really wonderful effort.

A rich, warm, gorgeous sound! Happy Holidays!

Thanks guys! I’m so glad you liked my part and happy holidays.

Janice

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wow!

That was amazing.
Haven't listened to either artist (nor many others) for a while so what a delight.
Enjoyed the swing the style the lightness and the novelty of the piece.

Best Wishes.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Catchy tune - distinctive and memorable.

[UNHELPFUL COMMENT REMOVED, SORRY FOLKS]

I'm with rayc on the bass - it initially sounds too loud with the guitar, but once the vocal kicks in, it magically slots into place.

Anyway, once the drummer woke up and finally joined in, I warmed up to it.

Really nice write. I consider happy songs the hardest writes, and this one is super-upbeat feel-good.

I've got mixed feelings on the instrumentation - I like the idea of the pared-down mix, but it feels too stripped down to me. Again, "feelings", not a suggestion that you should change anything.

And then - as Dave said - it was over too soon. Always a sign of a good song.

I enjoyed the song a lot! smile

David - thanks, as always, for your thoughtful comments (we have addressed some parts elsewhere, of course...).

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Janice, dear Floyd,

oh boy - this is really something. We all know that your two voices go together so very well, but with this one you kicked the ball over the fence - amazing, marvellous, terrific!.

The whole song is sooooooo incredibly soulful - from the composition to the nice lyrics - you can hear and feel that it's custommade for you two.

Loved the intro very much and the chorus is a blast.

If I may humbly make a suggestion: I think another drum track could make the song even 'rounder' - there's too much boom-boom by the kick and the snare for my personal taste, and I can almost hear no cymbals. A more balanced drum track with a smooth ride could support the flow, especially of the chorus, I think.

But whatever: The song is outstanding, most, beautiful and a treat to listen to!!!

Take care,

Stefan

Stefan - thanks for the fine review (as I mentioned in a previous response, the drum track is intentional)...

Originally Posted By: Keefmeister
Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud. Catchy tune! Nicely produced duet. Your voices blend well together. Bravo!

Thanks, Marc!!

Originally Posted By: Jim
Another strong heartfelt write...
With lyrics which led straight to the hook...
Its nice you decided to rewrite it as a duet...
As it permitted both your & Janice's vocals to shine individually on the verses...
And then simmer together on choruses...
You made some outstanding choices on this one...
Now you need to get on your bicycle...
Ride it up to Georgia...
And give Janice a great big hug of thanks smile!

Appreciate that, Jim... Just got back from GA... it's a long bike ride...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd / Janice

You sound wonderful together every time!

Lovely production and a stellar ending.

What else can I add, - after 2 plays a real catchy melody, a nice sentiment and great vocals/

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
This is fantastic! Like you, Floyd, I have been listening to some of the new stuff. And you are spot on!

What a great combination you have with you and Janice, and of course, Bud always does such a good job of capturing Janice's voice.

I really like everything about this song and arrangement. Well done!

Steve

Thank you Steve! You are very kind and we love your and Rachel’s song!

Janice

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
This is simply one of the best. Not just one of your best, or Janice's best, but one of the best on the forum.
It's the complete package: lyrics, vocals, melody, production and harmonies. Janice's vocal and harmonies are very special.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike, I love any chance to sing with floyd. My mama always said we sounded like siblings smile Thank you so much!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Wow, what a vocal performance from both of you. And Janice's low voice gives me shivers... I like how the vocals are mixed so clear that you can almost hear tingling of every little romantic piece in your hearts. Verse melody and chording is surprisingly mysterious and the chorus is super catchy as any other true pop hit. Great band supports it all, the acoustic piano and the main picking guitar are real sounding highlights. Songs on this forum seem to be all I need to fill my musical appetite.

Janne

We appreciate that, Janne. Thanks for the nice review...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
[quote:]Almost ALL of the new stuff I'm listening to these days has VERY little more than a kick and a snare or clap. Practically NO hats. And I prefer that type drum track.

I'd like to see some realdrum choices like that as I prefer new style drums too. So I'd be interested in how you did the drums and where you got the loops. I get lost in lists of drum loops...another reason I'd love to have more new real drums to make life easier to put together more modern drum sounds. Sorry if this part should've been a pm. Just wanted to add a huge +1 to your drum preference. So glad you brought it up. wink

I have no real nits. I really like the song and how the arrangement fits the lyrics which are written really well and the way it builds. You and Janice are right in your wheelhouse vocally and especially satisfying when the two voices come together on the chorus. It's familiar and fresh. Go team!

There are some RealDrums that are mainly kick and snare (very light hats that can be further "lessened" by pulling the high EQ down some). These drums came from a Drums On Demand package called Country Crossover II (the multitrack version). I've had it for a couple of years and I've only used it a couple of times - and then only a couple of pieces (individual loops) to build the entire track. So, considering that, I'm not sure it is worth the price (this one anyway). Most often when I want a kick and snare, I just grab a couple of samples (a kick and a snare, of course) and build the whole thing.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sweet!! Fun!! Sentimental!! Warm and fuzzy in the best way!! Janice brings something great to everything she sings, and Floyd brings something great to everything he writes!! AND together? Magic!!!! This is so catchy, pleasant, and easy to listen to! I don't listen to much new music at all but it sounded great to me! Nice job y'all!!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ and usual suspects...
That was unusual!

Very engaging and dynamic performance. Listens super easy. Janice A+! I believe FJ owes you and Bud a home baked pie or at least a pile of pancakes. Nothing to say except for compliments! Enjoyed it a lot.

Ohh yea one more thing. It sounds fresh. FJ, I like that after so many tunes you keep re-inventing. Gives me inspiration.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

smile smile Thanks Misha!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Top quality lyrics. When you two sing together in the second chorus, it is pure magic.

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi Floyd and Janice wow very different and very creative I think the two of you can sing just about any genre very well done eric

We appreciate that, eric...

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is great y'all. A really wonderful effort.

A rich, warm, gorgeous sound! Happy Holidays!

Mr. Snyder!... comeonback!!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd and Janice !

I´m lost for words for this
wonderful tune and duet !
Absolutely superb in every
aspect !:))

Cheers
dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd and Janice !

Cheers
dani

Thank you Dani!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
This is fantastic! Like you, Floyd, I have been listening to some of the new stuff. And you are spot on!

What a great combination you have with you and Janice, and of course, Bud always does such a good job of capturing Janice's voice.

I really like everything about this song and arrangement. Well done!

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Coming from you, that means a lot... and I'm not surprised that you "keep up" with what is going on... And, yes, I'm lucky to be able to call Janice and Bud good friends...

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
This is simply one of the best. Not just one of your best, or Janice's best, but one of the best on the forum.
It's the complete package: lyrics, vocals, melody, production and harmonies. Janice's vocal and harmonies are very special.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike - what a truly nice thing for you to say... I really appreciate that...

Originally Posted By: edshaw
'nother jackpot.

Thanks for stopping by, ed...

Originally Posted By: jimmadsen
well done!

I really like this....keep up the great work and keep posting!

Thanks, jim....

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sweet!! Fun!! Sentimental!! Warm and fuzzy in the best way!! Janice brings something great to everything she sings, and Floyd brings something great to everything he writes!! AND together? Magic!!!! This is so catchy, pleasant, and easy to listen to! I don't listen to much new music at all but it sounded great to me! Nice job y'all!!! Take care. Greg

Greg - thanks for the great review!...

Originally Posted By: Mr_Songman
Good song guys, lyric and structure really works.
I think the track could be better though. I chunkier more vibrant backing would give it a lot more feel and would lift better in the choruses, which are great by the way.
I was expecting the first two choruses to be sung by the verse lead on each and then duet on the final choruses to fade, but that's just me I guess.
And a tiny thing but, to me, can make all the difference to a line, is in the line:
"your mystery, your magic" I just feel it would sing better if you used all three syllables of the word Mystery instead of singing it as Mistry. Draws the line out better.
These are all merely my humble opinions, and are not criticisms but options.
The song is really good. smile
Keep 'em coming.

Martin - sorry you did not care for the track. But it is just as I wanted it to sound - have to say, I don't "get" your "chunkier more vibrant" reference.

As for making "mystery" 3 syllables... I disagree from a songwriting perspective. The cadence of the line is set up by "your myst'ry" (3 beats)..."your magic" (3 beats) with a release "mesmerizes me" (5 beats)... all of which is knit together with the alliteration (of this line and the preceding one).

Thanks for your thoughts.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Jim
Thanks Floyd...
For taking time to listen to “There Won't Be No Christmas This Year” ...
You will find my response to your comments there...
Also I’d like to mention...
You really add to the success of this User Showcase forum!
Thanks again.

Thanks, Jim...

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ and usual suspects...
That was unusual!

Very engaging and dynamic performance. Listens super easy. Janice A+! I believe FJ owes you and Bud a home baked pie or at least a pile of pancakes. Nothing to say except for compliments! Enjoyed it a lot.

Ohh yea one more thing. It sounds fresh. FJ, I like that after so many tunes you keep re-inventing. Gives me inspiration.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks, Misha...

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Wow!

That was amazing.
Haven't listened to either artist (nor many others) for a while so what a delight.
Enjoyed the swing the style the lightness and the novelty of the piece.

Best Wishes.

Appreciate it, Richard...

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd and Janice !

Cheers
dani

Thanks, Dani...

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,563
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200