Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: bloc-head
I'm all about the the final mix

I think we all are. But how you get there is worth considering and improving!
respectfully, without a doubt...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Veteran
Veteran
hi guys the drop box worked pretty nice for me just imported the file a little more work then in realband however it work for me always hopefull for better ways to cut down work flow time and thanks for always looking for better ways to do our work thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Funny how things change. For years now the answer to nooby questions about workflow has been mostly about how people start with Biab then move to a DAW. These forums have been almost as much about about DAW's as it's been about Biab. That's what the big push about making a Biab plugin was all about, the fact that most users use DAW's. I never agreed with that, I think a big percentage of users do not use DAW's, it's just a vocal minority on the forum but the squeaky wheel won out.

So now the DAW users are not happy because they have to move the multiriffs to their DAW's? Really? My question from this is since the plugin already does multiriffs so well why put it into Biab itself if the tracks have to be moved to a DAW anyway?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
[quote=Rob Helms]
I was really hoping they would do something like this,

1) let me select bars to regenerate
2) bring in 7 riffs
3) let me pick one
4) replace what was previously on those bars with the new RealTrack riffs

This would keep the song intact in native BIAB format with references to the RealTracks. And I could just repeat the process as many times as I want on multiple tracks until I get everything just right before exporting WAVs. Then, when I am ready, I'd move to my DAW.

Alas, it sounds like it will be more complicated that that.

So was I.
Wendy

BiaB2022PLUS,927. every extras pack I can find ;-),Sonar7XL,Win 10
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
This may be surprising to some, but I rarely ever use a DAW.

If I'm creating a backing track to play along with, I actually never work outside of BiaB. My workflow remains entirely within BiaB.

For that reason, the Multi-Riff output I select needs to load straight back into the track for it to be usable for me. YMMV.

I don't use a DAW either. I do everything within the confines of BIAB. So, like you, I was a little disappointed Multi-Riffs couldn't be generated and used within the BIAB parameters without outside steps being necessary. I still love the program, but that was disappointing.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Well said!

R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
I'm with you Al-David and VideoTrack. The original selling point and even the name of the program "Band-In-A-Box" connotes a one stop program that does it all. The past few years it seems that PGMusic is steering us all to use RealBand and a DAW and away from BIAB. Forget all that and improve BIAB. We don't buy BIAB so that we can use it for a paperweight and then use other programs for "real" music.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I try and work out ways to do everything and stay in Biab, I requested being able to drag n drop audio directly into the BB Audio track, you can do that now but it still needs a bit of improvement, and hopefully we will see the same soon with drag n drop midi into the piano roll.
Every part of the BB program relies on the standard track set there is, so adding more tracks would be a major all over change.
But if they could add some Aux Audio/Midi Tracks that would help, if the Audio tracks could be RealTracks in RAM or not I don't know if there would be any issues with more than 7 tracks in RAM maybe not ? if so they could be just local wav files same as the BB Audio and editable in the Audio Edit windows. But either way I think it would be good to have more AUX Audio Tracks as well.

Would that and bar to bar re-gen be something usable helping you to stay within Biab ????
Or would you like to see....????

R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Thanks Pipeline,

I am not a professional. I do this for fun in my spare time, so I will be staying within biab. So, for me at least, there still is no multi-riff. Bar-to-bar re-gen would be a big improvement and you mention that some of these changes would be a major undertaking. I get that. Maybe it's time for a major re-write and discontinue RealBand altogether.

Veteran
Veteran
I am not too happy about "multiriff" thing too. Just not integrated well at all. Will post an idea on a subject on BIAB wishlist.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Maybe you could have an AUX button you click at the bottom of the mixer to show the AUX Tracks ?
And how many AUX tracks do you need ?
In the pic I have 5 RT, 2 Mid and 2 Audio

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-AUX-Tracks-Mixer.png (414.66 KB, 379 downloads)
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here's the video I made ages ago (03/20/2017) showing how to use MultiRiffs in Biab, this is that same way it works now.
The Audio Track is your stereo master this is SOLOED,
each of the 7 tracks has the same instrument generated on the same bars,
you leave the Audio track SOLOED and then SOLO each of the 7 tracks 1 at a time until you find the riff you like.

Notice in the video it leaves the empty bar padding in the file to allow easy drag n drop and lined up correctly,
or if you just select those bar it will give that section without padding.
Watch https://www.dropbox.com/s/4es22n4a8gq9vku/BB-MultiRiffs.mp4?dl=0
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/4es22n4a8gq9vku/BB-MultiRiffs.mp4?dl=1

Veteran
Veteran
Another +1 for Multiriffs to be able to be implemented with a bar or bars setting of biab and not having to take it to a DAW.

Shouuld it be necessary for a few extra bars to be regenerated within biab (at the discretion of the software) so that it would sound more musical pleasing to the ear, and not cut off in the middle of a musical phrase, that would be fine with me as well.

Last edited by musiclover; 12/08/19 03:47 AM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Just incorporate the concept of pages like in the plugin so you have one page for style generation one page for MRiffs and one page for either individual tracks or recorded tracks total of 19 to 21 tracks. Problem solved and then if you need more to mix and master then send to DAW.

For those who want to stay in BiaB this gives them room to create. For me and other who want to work in the flow of a full featured DAW the plugin once all its issues are solved is the perfect solution.

I Have always hated the idea of a full rewrite of BiaB, as we have seen what a major update like 64 bit caused, it literally push both development of Win and Mac deep into the cycle where neither came out fully baked. Small upgrades and tons of RT content is the name of the game here. So something like what I outlined above makes more sense to me.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Just incorporate the concept of pages like in the plugin so you have one page for style generation one page for MRiffs and one page for either individual tracks or recorded tracks total of 19 to 21 tracks. Problem solved and then if you need more to mix and master then send to DAW.

For those who want to stay in BiaB this gives them room to create. For me and other who want to work in the flow of a full featured DAW the plugin once all its issues are solved is the perfect solution.

Why not open all 16 tracks as I have been wanting PGMusic to do for years. That would give everyone the option to use them as they wish, thus you could use them for multiriffs.

Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

I Have always hated the idea of a full rewrite of BiaB, as we have seen what a major update like 64 bit caused, it literally push both development of Win and Mac deep into the cycle where neither came out fully baked. Small upgrades and tons of RT content is the name of the game here. So something like what I outlined above makes more sense to me.

I am for a complete rewrite. It would include all different time signatures, have more than one MIDI output, along with other improvements. With two MIDI outputs you could have 32 tracks, more than enough to do some complicated RT work.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. Here's my thoughts on the 'basic' form of operation.

(I also need to remind myself that it's early days yet and improvements/changes are possibly likely to be delivered.)

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2019-12-09_05-05-18.jpg (55.99 KB, 182 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. Here's my thoughts on the 'basic' form of operation.

(I also need to remind myself that it's early days yet and improvements/changes are possibly likely to be delivered.)

This is EXCELLENT! My only suggestion would be to further simplify this by NOT using the 7-track option and just give me one to try and let me click it as many times as I like until I get what I want. This should make the regen much faster since it is only generating one set of riffs instead of 7. So I get my first one 7 times faster. Odds are I'll prolly find something I like short of 7 tries. And this simplifies the interface with no popup MultiRiff screen even needed!

1) I choose the track I want to work on
2) I select bars (maybe even with a restriction of 1 to 8 bars that must be contiguous if that makes development easier)
3) I click the special new Riff Regen button
4) BIAB generates and inserts the generated bars into the bars I selected
5) the Riff Regen button changes to "Retry Riff Regen"

If I like the new riffs I freeze and save my song. If I don't I click Retry Riff Regen and BIAB will 1) restore my track to what it was before the Riff Regen was pressed, 2) select the same bars I had selected and 3) give me new riffs for those bars. I repeat until I am happy.

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 12/08/19 11:26 AM.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
In a pic would this explain what you need in BB ? >

C
Veteran
Veteran
C

This is possible to do now. Trevor's graphic is a visual representation of a track construction I did on an instrumental piece on 10/19/19 and posted in the User Showcase. I didn't do a detailed explanation of the steps to create the track in that post but Trevor's graphic shows the essential elements and does not require the multi riff feature. Depending on the chord structure and the number of riffs the artist wants to create is the only necessary information needed to modify the steps to get to the total number of riffs desired. This can also be accomplished using midi, super midi, RealTracks or recorded audio or a combination of the those types of tracks. Midi and Super midi are rendered to audio for their use on these tracks.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quote:
but Trevor's graphic shows the essential elements and does not require the multi riff feature.

There are other ways, but I still believe that most would want the new Multi-Riff feature. Remember that the underlying intention is to enable the user to audition a number of variations of the instrument and choose the one they wish to use.

When I have generated Multi-Riffs in RealBand, I have always listened to every one, and then chosen the one that I prefer. Multi-Riff is required to effectively and efficiently deliver that.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,451
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195