Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
#567733 11/30/19 02:50 PM
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I've spent most of the afternoon on the Toontracks website trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or buy some expansion pak's or what. On the drum side I was about to upgrade to EZDrummer 2 for $90 but decided to check out Jamstix first. I've been a customer for years and realized I haven't gotten any emails from them about sales. They had a Thanksgiving sale that ends today and the prices were good so I started ordering a few things. As usual, you put one item in the cart then continue shopping, add another item etc. In the middle of that the website flashes and suddenly all the prices are cut in half and they're all in red!

This sale was decent an hour ago, now it's amazing and I just loaded up the boat. If anybody's interested in a killer drum program, this is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Rayzoon

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yea I almost forgot, thanks

He seems to leave it up to you to check in to see whats up. Although when you open JamStix 4 Manager it tells you what is on sale and what is new and what you do/don't have.

I already have everything expect two of newest MIDI paks, so WTH (I'll go buy 'em)!

Larry

EDIT
"EXPECT" ! What was I EXPECTING a new brain? LOL
It was obviously suppose to read "...EXCEPT" but you all knew that so a waste to correct but WTH not
EDIT off

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/01/19 03:48 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes... That is a KILLER discount on this program. It was a game changer for me before I got into BB. Previously, I was rolling my own and they were not pretty.

AND.... this has some really nice sounding kits in it. AND..... it works with the sound libraries of many of the majors.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks for the info.

I do have the free version of Jamstix, but haven't really played much with it.

How easy is it to simply load a lot of biab .Wav files into a Daw minus the drum track and have Jamstix playing a convincing drum track?

As you can guess I don't want to spend much time learning new software.

Thanks for any info.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Big fan of Jamstix here, but you knew that. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
B
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
B
I have jamstix 3 but mostly use EZ Drummer 2 and Logic Pro's Drummer which is nice too. I went ahead and upgraded to jamstix 4 and added the percussion module as well since the price is so low it is hard to pass up.

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
A number of years ago, I had a problem with my order for Jamstix 3 (I had bought one of the lower paks to get started). Because of that, they offered me a whole bunch of their add-on modules for free. That's good customer service. I have since purchased all their offerings, and upgraded to Jamxtix 4 when it came out. Good pricing (especially with sales) and good customer service. Sounds like another company I do business with.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Speaking of customer service.... the owner of the company, Ralph, was... don't know if he still is, but he himself was handling tech support when they were starting.

I remember having some issues with JS1 & JS2 and Ralph was on the other end of the emails with some spot on advice and solutions.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, it was Ralph that I was emailing with. Great service.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Argh.

I've been waiting for RealiDrums to go on sale, and it's currently Black Friday priced at $99.

JamStix has been on my radar for some time, and I really like the idea behind it. I'm not really impressed by the sound, but it plays nice with other libraries, and I've got a ton of EZDrummer kits.

Decisions, decisions. My car's going into the shop this morning, so the choice may be much simpler once I get the bill. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
B
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Argh.

I've been waiting for RealiDrums to go on sale, and it's currently Black Friday priced at $99.

JamStix has been on my radar for some time, and I really like the idea behind it. I'm not really impressed by the sound, but it plays nice with other libraries, and I've got a ton of EZDrummer kits.

Decisions, decisions. My car's going into the shop this morning, so the choice may be much simpler once I get the bill. wink

I like the upgrade form Jamstix 3 to 4 and have no regrets. I also purchased the percussion and all the addon pks. You are right it plays very nice with other drums. I have used it in the past with EZ Drummer2 and works just fine. The upgrade price and specials right now are good.

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

Off-Topic
P
Paj Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
I finally caught the "everything" bundle on sale from Rayzoon. Worth the wait.

Paj
8^)

Paj #569749 12/10/19 12:42 PM
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
I haven't really got into Jamstix and only have the free version.
Was looking for a quick way to create a drum track for a song from the Biab chord sheet.

You can get your Biab chords/part marker into Reaper/ReaTrak using the Biab Plugin,
click "Biab Plugin Chords".
You can create up some some ReaTrak Midi Drum Styles from the Jamstix Midi drum phrases.
Just drag the midi sections into Reaper,
create a region with the associated color for that section,
have pre & post fills,
you can add the brown region for solos/riffs ("Redo Drum Riff" will give a different solo each time),
save the midi with "Drums" in name in a folder
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 Sw8 4-4 80bpm
and in that folder
"Export/Renumber Regions"
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.csv
and save the midi track
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.mid

In your Biab song imported via "Biab Plugin Chords", select all regions or just a section,
Choose Instrument
Drums, Blues Shuffle 01 + Riffs Sw8 4-4 80bpm.mid
ReaTrak Selection
Set Jamstix to MIDI PLAYBACK
Import Midi track into Biab.
If Biab had Midi UserTracks you could do it all in that.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Pipeline, good info there that I would need to study and put into practice.

Thank you.

Last edited by musiclover; 12/10/19 12:53 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The count-in is 2 bars
fills 1 bar
endings 4 bars for BB (or more if you stay in Reaper)

This is a simple basic one, you would add more variety of playing, more count-ins/intros, more endings and more riffs to make a better one. (take the .mp4 off the file)
You just glue the phrases then ctrl+alt drag export.
You can set the notes to ch10 then File > Export project mid > Time selection Selected item.
This is in Jamstix mapping:

EDIT: Updated download

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Jamstix-ReaTrak-Drums.png (70.07 KB, 122 downloads)
ReaTrak-Section-Colors.png (49.04 KB, 118 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 12/10/19 06:54 PM.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
EDIT: as I'm using the Free Jamstix I had to record the midi output of Jamstix, but if you have a paid version you can just drag the phrases out into Reaper.
I updated that download above so it all works good now.
This is fitted to the BB song:

Full Screen GIF

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Jamstix-Fitted.png (123.14 KB, 63 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 12/10/19 06:59 PM.
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Now if you want to change sections:

Fit-Jamstix3.gif (361.33 KB, 100 downloads)
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,539
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200