#571345 - 12/19/19 12:50 PM
[Band-in-a-Box for Windows]
Band-in-a-Box 2020 Build 708 (Dec 19)
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2020 build 708 is available
This Includes DAW Plugin update to 2.2.8.https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2020_win_update_build708.exeSummary of changes for build 708
Summary of changes for build 707
- Added: Several Drums transcriptions added (SurfRock, Shaker, and Bongo styles).
- Updated: RealTracks memos for the RealTracks Picker are improved/updated.
- Fixed: 2020 Tooltips may not have displayed correctly or at all.
- Added: Some new styles and demos added to MIDI SuperTracks Set 31.
- Added: Many new styles and demos added to RT Sets 329-352, and the bonus PAK.
- Fixed: Missing chords in Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RhythmChangesCompOlly Sw 140.
- Fixed: Missing chords in Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzBluesCompOlly Sw 140.
- Fixed: Crash with error "external exception C06D007F" while launching if using Windows XP.
- Improved: Feature Browser button.
- Fixed: The Piano Roll window was not redrawing after Edit > Undo.
- Fixed: The Delete key was not working in the Piano Roll Window.
- Fixed: Possible Invalid pointer error when using the Guitar Chord Solo generator.
- Fixed: Blank icons in the StyleMaker window.
- Fixed: Access violation when generating audio harmonies.
- Fixed: (DAW Plugin) Audio harmonized voices transcribed to separate tracks was not working.
DAW Plugin Update 2.2.8
- Fixed: If Band-in-a-Box is run as administrator, dropping files onto the main window did not work.
- Improved: If Band-in-a-Box is run as administrator, the About dialog window title will include "running as administrator”.
- Fixed: If running Band-in-a-Box in safe mode, the Audio Chord Wizard did not produce any chords.
- Fixed: Possible freeze when importing compressed audio files.
- Fixed: The Guitar window was not saving its width between program sessions.
- Fixed: It was not possible to change the Guitar fretboard color.
- Fixed: The Guitar window did not display the capo.
- Improved: Guitar capo setting can be changed by right-clicking the fret position bar.
- Improved: Feature Browser has more video links now.
- Updated: PDF Manual/Help (routine updates)
Summary of changes for build 705
- Added: p hotkey for adding part markers in chord sheet.
- Fixed: Dragging all Multi-Riffs only drags tracks 2 - 7.
- Fixed: Plugin opens songs with flats instead of sharps.
- Fixed: Tag shortcuts should auto enable tags.
- Fixed: Adding tags with 1 chorus should show an error message.
- Fixed: Plugin asking user to save when nothing was edited.
- Fixed: Multi-Riffs not playing in sync with host.
- Fixed: Midi sending empty messages during synced audio playback.
- Fixed: GENERATE button only generating Multi-Riffs of entire song (even when section was highlighted).
- Fixed: Octave doubling would be incorrect.
- Fixed: Spurious log error messages.
DAW Plugin 2.1.5
- Added: Several "Multi" RealTracks added for vocals and horns (RealTracks Picker).
- Fixed: Some RealStyles were being categorized as all-MIDI styles.
- Fixed: File > Open Special > Open MusicXML File... was filtering out compressed .mxl files.
- Fixed: Dropping a .musicxml or .mxl file onto Band-in-a-Box was not accepted.
- Fixed: Audio harmonized voices transcribed to Soloist track should be on channels 1-4 instead of channel 2.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box might freeze during bootup after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Fixed: Audio artifacts at bar lines when using Equalize Tempos feature.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box would crash if selecting a Hi-Q patch on the same track more than once.
- Fixed: The Audio Edit window did not always ensure that the current playback position was scrolled into view.
- Fixed: When dropping an audio file onto the Audio Edit window, the "Snap" setting was ignored.
- Improved: Thickened is displayed in RealTracks names in RealTracks picker (and other RealTracks picker dialogs), and on mixer for RealTracks names. In RealTracks picker, searching for word "thickened" will show only thickened RealTracks.
- Improved: Speed of some operations when searching and filtering for styles.
- Fixed: DAW Plugin - Rebuild and Fix buttons in RealTracks picker now called ReBuild and it justs rebuilds the RealTracks list.
- Added: Many styles and demos added to MIDI SuperTracks Sets 30 and 31.
- Added: Many new styles and demos added to RT Sets 329-352, and the bonus PAK.
- Updated: PDF Manuals and help (routine updates).
- Fixed: Medleys and Thickened RealTracks were not playing in proper stereo.
- Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected renders the wrong region.
- Fixed: Rendering to audio with a region of bars selected causes the Choose Range dialog to appear.
- Fixed: Drag & drop render to audio with region of bars selected causes corrupt .wav file if not 16bit, 44.1kHz.
- Fixed: Rendering was a bit slower than necessary when exporting 16 bit, 44.1kHz.
- Fixed: Band-in-a-Box may become unresponsive after rendering to audio.
- Fixed: The Sinsy Vocal Synth would fail if using the 64 bit version.
- Fixed: When using the Sinsy Vocal Synth feature, the Import Audio File dialog is not needed.
- Fixed: Various audio formats would fail to import.
- Fixed: FakeSheet button in the Custom tool panel was not displaying the check mark.
- Added: [Reset to Zero] button added to Import Audio File dialog.
Summary of changes for build 704
- Fixed: Generate Custom (This Page) not working
- Fixed: Crash when opening saved plugin with part marker on bar 2 and
none on bar 1
- Fixed: A,B does not get entered into chord sheet
- Fixed: Chords being displayed in Roman Numeral without user setting
- Fixed: Plugin getting stuck while connecting to bbw4
- Added: context menu option in style page to use existing RT as MR
- Added: undo/redo functionality (chordsheet only)
(Dec 2, 2019)
Summary of changes for build 703
- Fixed: Possible crash when starting playback if song contains audio track.
- Fixed: Flickering in the Notation Window, especially during playback.
- Fixed: Flickering in the Piano Roll window.
- Fixed: Help menu item "Activate Band-in-a-Box" should say "De-Activate" if the user is already activated.
- Updated: PDF manuals have miscellaneous fixes.
(Nov 30, 2019)
- Incorrect package/version problem when running download manager utility
PG Music Inc.
Announcing The 2019 User Showcase Winners!
In 2019 there were 1,089 new & original compositions shared by 157 different artists to our User Showcase Forum!
There were song compositions posted from at least 23 countries, including: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, France, Japan, Denmark, Finland, South Africa, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jersey Channel Is, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, and Sweden. In 2019 alone there were over 26,000 posts in the User Showcase forum, with 1.1 million views!
Many thanks to all who have contributed!
We've announced the "Top 40" User Showcase Awards to the top 43 contributors of 2019 – each of them will receive a free Band-in-a-Box 2020 UltraPAK (including the 49 PAK bonus)!
We've reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2019, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:
- great compositions/arrangements/productions
- use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
- most contributions
- other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
- haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.
Visit this announcement post to see if you're a winner!
The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 49-PAK with 40 Unreleased RealTracks!
Our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 49-PAK is still available, and it's loaded with Add-ons you'll want in your Band-in-a-Box® library!
Our 2020 49-PAK includes 40 Unreleased RealTracks, Instrumental Studies 9: Western Swing Country Guitar Licks, Instrumental Studies 10: Train-Beat Country Guitar Licks, Instrumental Studies 11: Workin' Country Guitar Licks, Instrumental Studies 12: Rhythm Changes Jazz Guitar Soloing, Instrumental Studies 13: Jazz Blues Guitar Soloing, MIDI SuperTracks Set 30: Jazz, Funk, and Gospel Keyboards, MIDI SuperTracks Set 31: All Bass with 6 new bass MIDI SuperTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI 3" with 15 styles, "Look Ma! More MIDI 4" with 15 styles, and over 280 RealCharts for RealDrums (transcriptions) with Drum Notation!
Purchasing an UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition? As of January 16th, the 2020 49-PAK is included in your purchase (uncompressed RealTracks files for the Audiophile too)! Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK customers can add this to their purchase for just $49, and will be prompted during the online checkout process.
Learn more about the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 49-PAK and listen to demos at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.49pak.htm
User Tip - Create harmony Using the TC Helicon in RealBand 2020
Interested in creating harmonies using RealBand and the TC Helicon? Check out this forum post, where program user Noel96 shares information on his technique!
Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!
Thanks for sharing, Noel96!
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & VST DAW Plugin Update Available!
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows users!!! The latest FREE patch (build 713) and DAW Plugin Update 2.4.5 is available - learn more and download here.
Summary of changes for build 713:
Fixed: Rendered audio files might be silent if mono and 24 bit are selected.
Fixed: Possible crash when rendering to audio at 48.0kHz or 96.0kHz sample rate.
Improved: Better support for localized versions.
Fixed: Importing audio files that were 96 kHz sampling rate would fail.
Fixed: The [More Info...] button in the Artist Browser dialog would launch the wrong web page.
Fixed: Importing an ABCNotation file would not include the key signature.
Fixed: ABC files only opening some chords.
Fixed: Problem storing minor keys.(ampersand).
Fixed: A few artists not displaying properly in Artist Browsers.
Improved: RealDrums Picker information for the 2020 RealDrums has been updated/improved.
Fixed: Some of the RealDrums from the 2020 release did not have drum groove names.
Improved: All of the 2020 MIDI SuperTracks now have memos.
Fixed: Some RealTracks were listed under the incorrect Set# in the RealTracks Picker.
Fixed: _Gentle style from Xtra PAK 4 had an acoustic guitar set to Held mode.
Fixed: Some ska style demos had drum drop outs.
Fixed: Rendered files were not being normalized.
Fixed: Pressing spacebar in the Notation window might launch a web browser instead of starting playback.
Fixed: Practice window | Master Solos | Blues Piano, displays N/A.
Fixed: MusicXML files created by Band-in-a-Box cannot be loaded by Band-in-a-Box if song title contains & (ampersand).
Fixed: Japanese lyrics are garbage text when saving to MusicXML.
Fixed: Various animations (eg. Guitar window notes) would freeze during playback if using MME drivers.
Fixed: With some computers, distorted audio when soloing a track.
Fixed: Changing a custom track label had no option to Undo, and did not prompt user to save song.
Updated: Manual/Help [routine updates]
Fixed: When re-saving a song that has an audio track, the audio track was not copied.
Fixed: Dropping a song file onto Band-in-a-Box did not set the current directory.
Fixed: The RealTracks picker window should remember its location when reopening.
Fixed: The Piano Roll window was opening at the wrong bar location.
Improved: Better quality audio resampling when rendering audio to higher sample rates.
Fixed: Resampler quality setting in ASIO drivers dialog was ignored.
Fixed: Using WAS audio drivers with 24 bit & 48kHz output rate might result in noise.
Summary of Changes for DAW Plugin Update 2.4.5 (Jan 21 2020)
Fixed: Opening Band-in-a-Box song files (.sgu) would fail if the file names and/or paths contained any European language characters (eg. à,è).
Fixed: Message if bbw4 has no valid handle
Fixed: Mute and sync buttons not working properly
Fixed: Clicking cancel would lag before cancelling
Fixed: Right-click anywhere on track for context menu
Fixed: Increase maximum chord sheet font size
Added: Double click track name to launch picker of currently selected track
Added: Flashing GENERATE button to notify if song needs to be regenerated
Added: Mute and sync buttons to track context menu
Added: Right-click chord opens bar settings menu at that bar
Added: Error code for bbw4 related error messages
Fixed: Plugin asking to save when booting the plugin and selecting File/Open
Fixed: Crash when running vst3 plugin in reaper
Fixed: Scroll bar margins when resizing plugin
Fixed: Bar settings not saving
Fixed: Time Base, and Natural Arrangement not saving settings
Fixed: Calling bbw4 when already open will bring windows to front
Fixed: Tool tips in Preferences Dialog
Fixed: Time signature should be set from DAW when first opened
Fixed: Set "..." colours for truncated chords to black
Fixed: Selected track in table should be more obvious
Fixed: Click YES to Save dialog and then cancel will reset save state to true
Added: Right click for track table context menu
Added: Medley/Multi (thickening) feature
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!
Did you know... all Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders ship preinstalled on a USB 3.0 hard drive!
What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2019: $279
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $299
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2019: $379
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $399
Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.
Our Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition ships preinstalled on a USB 3.0 hard drive too!
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition $669
Upgrade from Version 2019: $479
Upgrade from Version 2018 or earlier or crossgrade: $499
Upgrade from ANY previous Audiophile Edition: $299
We're at The NAMM Show!
Heading to The NAMM Show? Make sure you stop by Booth 1015 (Hall E) - we'll be doing product demonstrations every hour, with some RealTracks Artists popping in for performances with Band-in-a-Box too!
Click here for more information about The NAMM Show, held in Anaheim California at the Anaheim Convention Center.
It's Almost Over - Order by January 15th to SAVE on Xtra Styles PAKs & Loops-with-Style PAK 1!
NEW products for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!
--SPECIAL PRICING ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL JANUARY 15TH!--
We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.
Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until January 15th (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.
Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.
Windows User? Choose from these links: Xtra Styles PAKs | Loops-with-Style PAK 1
Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM