Another Kurt Hugo Schneider "on the fly" production.

I honestly find Kurt's work mesmerising. His ideas for arrangement are outstanding. In addition, the way that he creates and uses loops on the fly is awesome. There's a lot to be learned from watching and hearing him in action.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK9U-WUMql8

=== An aside ===

Lyrics often make me ponder. In this instance, I found myself wondering about why the writers of Charlie Puth's song said "Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on". It's pretty clever!

Initially, I thought that my lack of understanding could be due to a generation gap or two -- so I consulted with Google. Google told me that this is a reference to Marvin Gaye's song called "Let's Get It On" and simply means just that; i.e. "Let's get it on".

Maybe Google is right. Still, I found myself wondering if "Marvin Gaye" might be being used in the form of speech known as Cockney rhyming slang....

for example:

1. I see you're wearing your bowl of fruit. (suit)

2. How's your baker's dozen? (cousin)

3. I'll just grab some bees and honey! (money)

4. I'm just chilling out and going with the Russell Crowe. (flow)

(et cetera)

If this is the case, maybe 'Marvin Gaye' could maybe mean "play" as in...

5. Let's go outside and Marvin Gaye. (play)

Thus, the line could potentially mean "Let's play and get it on".

There's still at least one more possibility that I can think of and that is that "Marvin Gaye" is being used as a euphemism. Since "let's get it on" is euphemistic for kissing or having sex, maybe "Marvin Gaye" is referring to some aspect of an intimate relationship, too... then again, I'm probably reading way too much into it all!

I guess I'll never find out unless I get really, really lucky and run into the songwriters. Still, it broadens my own appreciation of words and lyric writing if I reflect on possibilities.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024