Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#57159 01/22/10 06:44 PM
Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
So I went ahead and ordered myself a KETRON SD2 on Wednesday night, hoping I'll have it delivered the next day (i.e Friday, as they woudn't have been able to ship it until Thursday.) I called last night to get the UPS tracking number and the fellow there told me my order is on hold and couldn't tell me why. This morning I spoke with PG Music and they told me they have to do a financial background check before they can send it... Huh!!??

Apparently, she told me this is something they do for all first-time clients...

A) I am not a first time client... I've already bought BIAB 2008, 2009 and 2010...and
B) I paid with the same Credit Card I used for my BIAB 2010 USB Hard Drive...
C) Since when does anyone do a credit check on someone using a credit card for an online purchase??

Needless to say, nobody bothered to check. And now I won't be able to get my unit until NEXT Week -- probably Monday the earliest! So I am p****ed as I was looking forward to using it this weekend. What a Bummer!

All she could offer me was to waive the $15.00 shipping fee.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my hands on this gadget.

2008 Gibson ES-339 Custom & 2010 Les Paul Traditional. Fender SCXD Amp
BIAB/RB 2015 UltraPAK + Ketron SD2
Windows 7/64 Intel i5 3550 PC, Tascam USB144MKII
Behringer X1204 Mixer
Bose Companion 3 and/or L1 II w/T1 + SM58 MIC
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Too bad. I heard on CBC that some US based credit places, if the amount warrants, go through your facebook and twitter accounts. Geez. You would think credit card processing for registered members of the forum would be more straightforward but with people registering with names such as Bankruptnutbar I guess that's not an option.

Takes me back to an old axe I can grind, offer 2 levels, REGISTERED users with real names and a forum name, verified by a REGISTRATION number. I hate it when someone takes on a persona and plays Saturday Nite Live on the forum.

You'll love your Ketron, I got over it a bit and don't take it to bed anymore.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
There is likely an outside company that handles the credit stuff. If they report something like that back, the vendor has no choice really.

It may be a fluke, but you may want to find out what's really going on there in case there is some sort of problem, such as reason to suspect ID theft or the like...

You are gonna like the Ketron SD-2, I predict.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I understand your frustration, but the wait is worth it. As to the credit card issue, I've never experienced that problem. Folks in the U.S. do have problems with financial stuff that are unwarranted though. FWIW

STan

Cornet Curmudgeon
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The 'credit card check' for first time buyers sounds more like 'there's a problem with your credit card, the company won't verify it, and we need to figure it out' from a newbie.

I would very seriously call your credit card issuer and make sure that there isn't anything wrong with your card. Then, I would e-mail Sales at PGMusic and ask them what this is all about, for real. If there was a problem with the credit card, please say so, and don't give me the run around, especially since you've used that credit card before.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I use my credit cards for online purchases on a regular basis, and because of that I always keep a close eye on my on-line Statement for any unauthorized use... It's the only way to catch things in a hurry. I've had some incidents a few years ago when I suddenly noticed a few purchase in the same day from Philladelphia, New York, Boston, Atlanta.... and I called the credit card company and they refunded the money and replaced the card number... they also asked me to sign a piece of paper that I was not the one who used it, and no more questions since.

Another time, I found a CD I wanted to buy from an online merchant which I noticed was in Russia somewhere... which made me very suspicious... so I called my credit card company and they put me through their Fraud Prevention department... who assured me to go ahead and use my card and not worry... the fellow told me, if they are a VISA accepting merchant, then it is VISA's problem if something goes wrong. He just suggested to make sure I called them ASAP if I notice anything unusual on my Statements.

So generally, I feel quite safe using my card on-line.

And the lady at PG Music just said it was an oversight on their part that they didn't realize I was an existing client. I believe that because another time, I called PG Music for some support and they couldn't find me on their system.. It took them a while to try different approaches (phone number, address, last name, etc.) until finally they found me.... Which I find very strange btw. Most modern databases will find you instantly... specially with a last name that starts with TCH... I am the only one usually LOL!

Anyway, like I said, can't wait to get this thing... Past posts from MAC, John and a few others gave me all the GAS I needed LOL!

Last edited by Tchairdjian; 01/23/10 11:46 AM.

Behringer X1204 Mixer
Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Quote:

You'll love your Ketron, I got over it a bit and don't take it to bed anymore.

That's too funny John... my wife got a real kick out of that!

Dick

BTW, It might not be clear, but I do live in CANADA... 600 miles from PG Music's home.... right near the Rocky Mountains... Calgary... home of the 1988 Winter Olymics.

Behringer X1204 Mixer
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And now, the 2010 Winter Olympics will be right next door to PG Music. And, a two hour drive for me. Not that I'm going, but....

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I like this old one best:

Guy says to another guy: "Someone stole my wife's credit card."

The other guy : "Did you report it right away?"

Answer: "No maybe I won't, so far whoever it is isn't spending as much money as my wife did."

GRIN!

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes, John... I use that one all the time... some poeple actually believe me LOL!
It's even funnier because she's actually pretty good with her money.

Dick

Behringer X1204 Mixer
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Well, I finally heard one, thanks to Dick on Facebook, and now I'm gassing big time for one. I'm still in the doghouse for the Polytone so I'm thinking REAL carefully how I'm gonna pull this off......

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
One of the nice things about not being married is that I don't have to ask HER if I can have it. I just have to have the money to get it, and hope I can still pay the bills.

Gary

Off-Topic
J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
+1 for the SD-2. Love mine.

Cheers,
Jim

ps
+1 on the rest of your gear also. Cool list. :>)

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

One of the nice things about not being married is that I don't have to ask HER if I can have it. I just have to have the money to get it, and hope I can still pay the bills.

Gary

Sigh, you are so right.............. Although I've never really asked, just groveled afterwards a bit, lol.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I spent 6,000 on my 'new' setup since August.

4k on a Bose L1 Model 2
the Ketron although that was back a bit
A foot-controller
an Audix mic
a new keyboard stand

I bought a two column accounting folio.

Shows a 700 in gig 'fees' coming in since October.
I have about 450 more coming in for a Burns supper and St. Patrick's Day.

I predicted a 2 year payback, and this is, 'I HOPE', the setup for RV travel and fun.

I'm getting close to posting music, but we have a home renovation deadline of Jan 30, work paid for and materials are tax deductible as part of the 'stimulus' monies. And my grandson who's 9 months old keeps coming over and wants me to play the piano so he can dance which if very cute and not way I'm leaving the room even if I just watch him sleep, I'm a sentimental old fool now.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Quote:

Well, I finally heard one, thanks to Dick on Facebook, and now I'm gassing big time for one. I'm still in the doghouse for the Polytone so I'm thinking REAL carefully how I'm gonna pull this off......

Go with the words of my old AF Squadron Commander:

"It is far easier to beg my forgiveness than to ask my permission!"

Of course, we were also known as the "Stealing-est outfit in the Air Force" for some odd reason. Entire aircraft were known to disappear around us...

--Mac

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
haha.........................works for me! You know, since I retired and built that addition to my house, she's got more money than me, which means my financial indisgressions need to involve even more stealth and surgical precision.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi Guys... my SD2 just arrived and I am not in the process of installing it... I those old posts by MAC and others with installation instructions will be coming very helpful...

I'll keep you posted ;-)

Dick

Behringer X1204 Mixer
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
After all that waiting, I hope you mean you are "now" in the process of installing, and not that you are "not" in the process of installing it.

I hope you enjoy the sounds of yours as much as I have been enjoying mine.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Oh yes of course. NOW I am in the process.... sorry.

I actually did install and had a chance to play a bit... As you know, I am going through my TASCAM US144MKII and I am having a bit of problems trying to balance the sound levels between Realtracks/Realdrums and the MIDI coming out of the ketron as I would need to play with the MON MIX knob to allocated the sound between "Input" (from Ketron) and remaining audio from the "Computer"... It's probably better when the song is all MIDI... eh?

And, sometimes I feel the sound from the VSC DXi was better, or maybe becasue I am used to it so far.

I have also tried to pass everything through the 1204FX Mixer so I can use the equalizer on the Ketron audio.... and have better control of the levels...

Behringer X1204 Mixer
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,608
Posts735,036
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 186