Go To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Awesome dialog folks. It is interesting to hear the different views. Of course none of us know where things will go, but if we hold open conversations where nobody’s views are wrong but just ideas at the least PGM know what users think. I try to remember that those who post here regularly are a small cross section of users.

A couple responses to others, Charlie I still have a older VSL interface 1818 it still works perfectly in S1 4.6, but I understand what you mean by things slowly becoming obsolete. Secondly rustyspoon, as far as the plugin not being stable. I find it is very stable, yes there are a few features not working properly like the RCs from the RDs, however it works in Reaper but not Studio one. For me in studio one other than that it works pretty good. What does it need? Complete integration of BiaB intro/endings, hold and shots, a few other updates, and such then give us solo/mute buttons as pipeline diagrams. It would be a pretty cool plugin.

Maybe a BiaB/RB split is not possible, maybe it is. I don’t know the dynamics of that. That is one reason I mentioned ramping up PT development. Here’s one of the first programs build after BiaB. Sure it is dated to some degree. Still it has good bones. Midi, audio, BiaB files can be opened and it is not tethered totally to BiaB. The midi could use a bit of modern features, the audio editing window could use some updating, the plugins work but could use some updating. The mixer view and the tracks view are the ones needing a ton of work.

Tracks view: Toss out the 48 track limit. Delete the 48 tracks showing. Allow the user to add tracks as needed like all other DAWs. Three types midi, mono and stereo audio.

Mixer view: Chuck the 8 aux busses, and FX busses . Clean it all out. Nothing showing but the main output buss, redesigned with pre and post fader output. Allow individual Channels to appear when added by user from either of the two views, give them both FX inserts or sends to busses. Allow stereo or mono busses to be added per user need. Allow busses have inserted FX, or sends to other busses or outboard hardware

Modernize the GUI, and update the automation to work like other DAWs. Now you can record fader movement, change that to a more visual system like node based products. Develop plugin automation in the same vein. If you own BiaB and the new redesigned PT, then PT could access the RT/RD folders, or those that do not want to buy BiaB, could purchase PT packages that include RT/RDs. Allowing the new plugin version (3.0) that is built in and used a one click to open/close, to access these files.

Anyway it happens it should be fun to watch and use. Let’s never stop imagining what can be both with BiaB and with all things we enjoy in life.

Okay to dramatic, a little over the top? Hey I enjoyed writing it anyway. Hope your all having a great Sunday afternoon.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 12/22/19 11:39 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Pepe, I do understand what is at stake in development. I also understand that it take time. I also know what the others do and don’t do well I have been doing this for better than 20 years. I have spent quality time with several DAWs, PTPA, Cakewalk MC versions 1,2,3,5, Sonar X1, Multitrackstudios, Reaper, Studio one from version 2 through 4.6. I also spent two solid years using RB as my full time DAW. Yes I agree it lacks a few modern features, but unlike someone who earlier said they spend 15 minutes with one version, and 5 with another I used the tar out of it. It is different, and as said some things are either missing or underdeveloped. There is a lot more under the hood than given credit for. I did over 100 projects in RB. As for 64 bit, that does not make a DAW light years “better” than a 32 bit DAW. 64 bit does not make anything sound better. It just allow the system to run faster on a 64 bit OS.

I might be a dreamer, and a romantic as you say. But I will never change. I believe that with dreaming comes ideas, and ideas breed excellence. PG music at one point dreamed up a fantastic product that gives many people the opportunity to create their dreams, be they hobbies, professions, or whatever. With more dreams, and hard work more dreams can come to fruition. Let the dreamers dream, and the creators create.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Should be enough challenges in the core competency, composition, to keep PGM busy for the foreseeable future. Haven't seen much in the way of hip hop or rap in the user forum. Listening to the radio, disco changed but never really died, in fact, seems stronger than ever. Composers today are weaving ever more complex rhythmic structures and patterns, beats, and not just with the skins -- any sonic is fair game for today's rhythm kings. That's just one of the six basic components : strings, guitars, bass, piano, drums, melody. I understand, PMG does not want to risk abandoning their base -- folk, rock, country, blues, other 12 bar 1-4-5 forms, a base for which BiaB has been a dream come true.
What has the digital DAW brought to the table? Well, first off, synchronicity. Then, split, copy, and paste. Add search, precision, effects.
If I could ask for anything on BiaB, it would be an enhanced digital readout.

Last edited by edshaw; 12/22/19 01:20 PM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
cool ideas Ed. I don't see BiaB chasing this path, but who knows. especially if more folks request it. With real drums/tracks anything is possible even with out editing the audio.

To me this is more suited to a true DAW. Where audio editing is available in many forms and tracks.

I guess DAW is a subjective phrase it is simply a Digital Audio Work Station. by the words Biab qualifies, however around here most folks tend to think of a DAW as a typical recording studio software.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
B
Journeyman
Journeyman
B
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Thanks, everyone. When we have a DAW that, like MuseScore, reads BIAB native files and actually reads the chords, then we'll have something.

But how about Music XML? If you Save Special a BIAB song as Music XML, will Studio One read those chords directly (not just 'interpret')? Will any other DAW you know do that? My question is prompted by learning Studio One has a separate chords track, which I would find valuable enough to learn another DAW for IF it reads the BIAB chords directly. Thanks.

Matt as far as I know Studio One cannot directly do this. How ever I am able to import the BIAB XML into Presonus Notion and send it directly to Studio One and have Studio One's chord track analyze it. Here is a picture of the BIAB song file called ADESTE which I saved as a XML file and imported into Notion then sent to Studio One. Notion & Studio One work together in case you are not aware of that.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (80.18 KB, 258 downloads)

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
That is cool info Brian, thanks.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ok,
...User Videotrack showed an idea of auto-hiding mixer some time ago. So far, I was not able to see or come up with a better idea. Sorry, I can not find the post...

I think this is the post?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Not sure who deleted my post on this thread but I'm gonna repeat myself (and prolly others as well!)

Realband development should be halted immediately and it should only be supported as a legacy product. All resources should be put toward the flagship products, BIAB and RealTracks! Spend time fixing bugs in BIAB and enhancing it with features like true inline bar-by-bar regeneration, more than 4 beats per measure, extending the 255 bar limit, allowing more tracks, etc.

Realband has just a single feature that is better than other DAWs and that is the ability to use RealTracks. Without that there would be absolutely no reason to use it. It was a nice effort by PGM but there are FAR BETTER DAWs available cheap or even free! I would bet money they don't have a single Realband user who chose it as their DAW separate from buying BIAB.

Realband could never stand alone as a product so don't continue to invest limited valuable resources in reinventing a wheel that already exists far beyond what you can create! Improve BIAB instead!

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
R
Thanks JJJ for weighing in. Every opinion is valid. I agree with you in part. BiaB should fix the old nagging issues. 255, 4 beats etc. Bar by bar is a cool idea.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
JJJ,
I agree that resources have to go to places needed most and with most of other points you made. Except, I would prefer "selected bar freeze and re-generate un-frozen" approach instead of bar by bar. I believe there is more control over the arrangement this way.

VideoTrack,
your link to post says:
Access denied...

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
VideoTrack,
your link to post says:
Access denied...

Unusual, it is a link to a PG Music Forum page.

Try this:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=567118&Searchpage=1&Main=80045&Words=VSTAnimation_5.gif&Search=true#Post567118

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Videotrack:
still: Access denied.
Return to the previous page.

Maybe they are doing something with server, which is not uncommon on weekends.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Videotrack:

Not sure, it's working for me.
Are you logged in when trying? - (only a guess)
Anyone else have issues?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
It works here.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Kojack, I haven’t tried Presonus Studio One in years. Does it pick up the chords from BIAB?

If you don't use the Plugin just use it to transfer the chords from your SGU into the DAW.
Studio One Chords from Biab Plugin

Biab Plugin Chords to Reaper

Until I get around to doing the Cubase just generate up a held chord midi track, drag into Cubase and Cubase will get the chords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pup364svAo

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Videotrack:

If you right right click the little yellow icon in front of the post tittle copy link location.
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=567118#Post567118

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Videotrack:

Not sure, it's working for me.
Are you logged in when trying? - (only a guess)
Anyone else have issues?

Doesn't work for me either.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Doesn't work for me either.

Hmmm, have you guys been good for Santa? Stuff like this happens, you know grin

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Ok,
...User Videotrack showed an idea of auto-hiding mixer some time ago. So far, I was not able to see or come up with a better idea. Sorry, I can not find the post...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=567118#Post567118
Very easy to achieve with a little bit of code like this. Introduce and retract at will:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=362260#Post362260

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
"it would be great if you can redesign the GUI. In this state it looks old-fashionned, more like a random collection of functions and is therefore not very productive.

Here's where we are really working from the same page. I've put a big effort into promoting ideas for changes that the UI desperately needs.

I won't pretend. It reeks of legacy DOS and still has some clumsy non-intuitive menus. From the sample concept I prepared, barely a word has been sent in reply from PGM Staff.

There's a time-warp thing happening here, and it's holding the product back.

This is not just my view. I can demonstrate other real-world statements that have been mentioned where sales are jeopardized because new and potential users are simply put off by the appearance.

Sometimes you have to be direct, because being blunt and direct is the best way to be. The product is great, and is being improved all of the time. The single feature that desperately needs attention is the UI.

Fresh new inspiration is seriously needed.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Yeah, here it is! Thank you pipeline!
(Link still does not want to work for me)

Devs of PG, please look at this! Maybe some buttons & elements can have more modern appeal and position, but the concept Videotrack came up with is brilliant! This was posted 4+ years back.

If you think you can do better, prove it!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,344
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213